PDA

View Full Version : What POSITIVEs did you see in the game?

oupride
11/18/2007, 09:06 AM
It made me proud to see a team that never gave up. Instead of cratering after losing their leader, the rest of the team performed well enough to get a chance at an onside and keep opportunity alive. Made me proud to see the effort. Boomer Sooner!

soonerhubs
11/18/2007, 09:15 AM
Good thread. Tons of positives. This team has heart, and Halzle got better with every snap. We come back and beat my neighbors next week and the Big 12 for a BCS bid.

OUmillenium
11/18/2007, 09:18 AM
:pop:

soonersnow
11/18/2007, 09:19 AM
Never gave up. Determination. Great effort with a second team quarterback and plenty of heart.Hook 'em

StoopTroup
11/18/2007, 09:19 AM
Agreed.

Had the replay gone our way we would have been in OT and I think we had a shot at winning that game.

It wasn't meant to be...

I've never been prouder than right now...this is a very good Football Team and I expect them to win out from here.

Flagstaffsooner
11/18/2007, 09:23 AM
Yup, what everybody said. The TEAM to it from a rout to a seven point game. Time to know the snot out of stoolwater.

Sco
11/18/2007, 09:40 AM
For Tech being able to stop the run, Murray did a pretty good job running.

Aside from some penalties, the kick returners did a heck of a job.

Halzle gave it his all, and improved a ton through the game.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/18/2007, 09:44 AM
Agreed.

Had the replay gone our way we would have been in OT and I think we had a shot at winning that game.

It wasn't meant to be...

I've never been prouder than right now...this is a very good Football Team and I except them to win out from here.

We got the shaft in Lubbock again! They both had the ball and Johnson's foot was down inbounds!! That goes to the offense, I think!!!!

2k2 c5
11/18/2007, 10:07 AM
Joey really stood up to initiation under fire. Woulda's, coulda's not withstanding, on the whole, the defense did their part, if the offense had been able to keep up. Their time was short all night, trying to get back on schedule. Returns were excellent. We've had games with fair catches and start from there all night. This game had some 30-40 yard line starting points, sometimes better.

reevie
11/18/2007, 10:25 AM
Defense made some vast improvements in the second half and shut Tech down.

Halzle didn't get frustrated and made vaste improvements as well. He we playing very well in the 4th quarter after playing poorly in the first half. He needs to work on that fade pass desperately though.

Return game gave us great field position all night.

Davis played well in place of English.

Murray is a stud.

We win next week and we still win the South and play for the B12 Championship.

Johnny Utah
11/18/2007, 11:25 AM
All of the above. Plus what I saw in the ABC broadcast didn't make me hate the guts of the entire crew ... no jumping on the "we've got an upset here" bandwagon and the usual anti OU crap.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 11:29 AM
Halzle could have easily tanked it after starting out rough. The fact that he got better down the stretch tells me we have a very capable backup.

Team played hard and showed that they can get down by a lot and still not quit. Good effort. I have few complaints.

sooner59
11/18/2007, 11:34 AM
Yes, I also think Halzle got better throughout the game, we if he had to play next weekend at home, he would get us a win. He was put in a really tough position on the road. Hopefully Sam will be back though. Other than that, we only gave up 1 TD after haftime, and we started scoring points, so we must have made some decent adjustments. They never gave up, showed some heart. Im just glad we didnt get any more people hurt than we did.

MamaMia
11/18/2007, 11:05 PM
What POSITIVEs did you see in the game?Halze got some playing time. :)

BoomerGirl34
11/18/2007, 11:07 PM
Dealing with adversity and fighting back. . . all marks of growth and maturity of the team.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 11:10 PM
Manual Johnson continues getting bettter. Demarco Murray looking like an every down running back.

ocsooner
11/18/2007, 11:16 PM
We can't be cursed by the Bible squad two weeks in a row. If that ain't positive, I don't know what is

goingoneight
11/18/2007, 11:23 PM
The coaching staff didn't bail on Halzle, who would later get into a rhythm and nearly win us the game.
The defense made excellent halftime adjustments and held Tech to one TD on a little hiccup busted coverage. That's not easy to hold Tech at all, especially being injury-depleted as we were.

Allen Patrick took it professionally (after losing his job) as the running back and made up for his fumble with astounding special teams play.

Paperclip
11/18/2007, 11:27 PM
Garrett Hartley seems to be over his early season struggles. His kickoffs reached the endzone and his FGs were solid.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 11:47 PM
On offense Murray gave a great effort; kudos also to Halzle for sticking in there and almost bringing us back; on defense i thought Lofton and Reggie played pretty well the whole game, but that was about it.

Suerreal
11/19/2007, 12:18 AM
1. Kevin Wilson did finally give up on the fade route to Manuel Johnson in the left end zone.
2. Given 4 downs per series, the offense became fairly effective in the 4th quarter.
3. After a gimme touchdown early in the 3rd quarter, someone told the defense that Sam's absence shouldn't affect their play, and they shut down Tech after that.

85sooners
11/19/2007, 12:26 AM
boooooooooooooomer!!!!!!!!

insuranceman_22
11/19/2007, 12:27 AM
Positives......damn it I hate talking like this after a loss, but we did have them:

1. Hartley was booming the ball on kickoffs and AP may not hold on to the ball all the time, but he can cover on punts, get hustle there.
2. Punting was a definate problem at times, a shank and an abortion of sorts...
3. Defense came out with fire and scored then went to sleep until the third q. Second half they play very well, never gave up and as a group they were hustling to the ball until the end.
5. Kick returns were pretty good for the most part.
6. Offensively we struggled mightily for 3 quarters. We all know the reason and JH couldn't get it together until the 4th quarter. When he did, the entire offense seemed to regain confidence and we nearly pulled it out. OUr Sooners are not quitters, that did make me feel good (as good as I could feel with a loss anyway).
7. Manny J. made some plays, in fact if the call had been correctly made the game may have been tied (no whining about official, just stating a fact).
8. ****** is next week, nothing like ****** or texas in the regular season to fire a team up, we need to heal, play smarter for the entire game and whip some Poke @ss next Saturday.

rainiersooner
11/19/2007, 01:17 AM
We won't have to play LSU in New Orleans?

That, and I also loved watching John Cooper, after Halzle missed an open receiver by about 10 yards for the third time in a row, came up and gave him words of encouragement...I actually thought that boded well for our team...in fact, the whole offense and coaching staff rallied around JH, which I think is not only good for the team, but makes me really feel good about our character.

stoopified
11/19/2007, 09:12 AM
The biggest positive is the game is over and we can put it behind us.Don't get me wrong I saw many of the same positives in that loss that others did but it is a loss.

The positive that the game is behind us means we get ready for T,Boone State.Positives in that include 1)Its the Cowpukes,2)Its at home where we are much better,3) It is a road game for the Pukes who suck on the road,4)Sam should be back.I'm no Dr. but I stayed at a Holiday Inn once so I feel confident in saying Sam will be 100% for TBS.

sooner13f
11/19/2007, 09:59 AM
I found a thread worth replying to. I thought the pass rush in the first quarter was great. The scheme seemed real sound but you could see the players getting tired as the spent more and more time on the field. The "D" came to play but just got juiced.
I also noticed the team didnt give up even with all the negative things going on around them. Unlike some teams in the past they fought to the end.
I was watching the game with a gamecock buddy and he kept saying "man your team just wont die".
Anyways that how I see it!

r5TPsooner
11/19/2007, 10:11 AM
Bonnie Bernstein.

Like a keg.