PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, it's my fault.

boomersooner28
11/18/2007, 08:17 AM
I never felt right before this game. Then right before kick off, it hit me. I have a buddy that text messages before, during, and after every game and before every game he sends me a "Boomer." This time I replied with "Sooner" and "no injuries." After the Dixon injury, I realized how lucky you have to be to contend for a title. Not only do you have to be a great team, but you also have to stay away from the injury bug. For some reason, I had a feeling one of our stars would go down. Didn't take long.

I suck. :mad:

OUmillenium
11/18/2007, 08:52 AM
I had a bad feeling about this game all week but it had nothing to do with injuries.

trey
11/18/2007, 08:53 AM
blame me. I booked my flight to new orleans on friday

The Maestro
11/18/2007, 09:50 AM
I'll take some heat, too. I decided to wear a "Pat Green" hat last night to give us some Lubbock mojo since he went to Tech for awhile.

From the second quarter on I actually wore a dish towel on my head and it worked fairly well. Next week, dish towel from opening kickoff.

Man, this hangover hurts...

Flagstaffsooner
11/18/2007, 10:12 AM
My fault. I didn't drink during the game. First time since 1972.

Olevet is gonna neg me to Bolivia.

sooner59
11/18/2007, 11:18 AM
Its karma for me enjoying it when Dennis Dixon got hurt.

soonerloyal
11/18/2007, 11:27 AM
My Game Candle is almost gone and I couldn't burn it the entire game. Didn't wake youngest son up from his nap in time for kickoff, either.

Ehhh. Whatever works, comfort-wise. We'll survive. See "Damn Right" Sig below...

yermom
11/18/2007, 12:02 PM
that's it, you should all be baned

Sco
11/18/2007, 05:47 PM
Might be mine.

I made a bet on another message board that if Michigan won, this tOSU fan had to put a Michigan avatar up through the rest of the season - and if Michigan lost, I had to put a... sigh...

I really hate looking at a burnt orange piece of crap next to my name.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 05:49 PM
It's my son's fault; instead of staying here he went to stay the night with a friend; he heard about it this morning when he got dropped off back home. :)

PLaw
11/18/2007, 06:11 PM
I never felt right before this game. Then right before kick off, it hit me. I have a buddy that text messages before, during, and after every game and before every game he sends me a "Boomer." This time I replied with "Sooner" and "no injuries." After the Dixon injury, I realized how lucky you have to be to contend for a title. Not only do you have to be a great team, but you also have to stay away from the injury bug. For some reason, I had a feeling one of our stars would go down. Didn't take long.

You don't have to take all of the blame. I wore my OU sweater vest that I bought for the Fiesta Bowl. That article of clothing will get burned this week.

BOOMER

PLaw

soonerloyal
11/18/2007, 06:21 PM
You don't have to take all of the blame. I wore my OU sweater vest that I bought for the Fiesta Bowl. That article of clothing will get burned this week.

BOOMER

PLaw

:eek:

This week? Why wait so long?! Why didn't it get burned in January?!

Burn that sumbit*h . Right now.

ELP Sooner
11/18/2007, 06:29 PM
Trip Report/Confession

Drive from El Paso to Lubbock. Sucked.
La Quinta Hotel. Kids crying/making noise at first light. Sucked.
Lubbock. Sucked
The game. Sucked
Food. Sucked
Driving home. Sucked

My little bro from PHX flew in...

Flight Sucked
LBB airport sucked
LBB city Sucked
Game sucked.
Fat college chick at bar hit on him. Sucked

Confession....

I have attended 5 OU games in person. Fiesta Bowl vs ASU=loss
1988 at USC=loss
1989 at Uofaz=loss
Fieta Bowl vs Blue Turf Boys=loss
Lubbock=loss

Thats it. No more games for me. If I had any heart I would set myself on fire for the good of the program. I hate myself and life right now.

Greatest program in college football history and I cant witness a victory in person. Sucks to be me. I suck

Edited to add..I loved sitting near the band. Thought they were terriffic.

okiewaker
11/18/2007, 06:34 PM
It's my son's fault; instead of staying here he went to stay the night with a friend; he heard about it this morning when he got dropped off back home. :)

Dang, Dejavu! My son left just after the LH pick for six. When did yours leave?

AzianSooner
11/18/2007, 08:22 PM

I blame you for the lost. :)

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 08:25 PM
Dang, Dejavu! My son left just after the LH pick for six. When did yours leave?
Before the game started

SWFloridaSooner
11/18/2007, 08:28 PM
I think we can all share in the blame. Besides the usual rituals which all of us seem to have neglected, were you on the game thread yesterday? We all deserve to burn for the negativeity on that board. It started ini the first quarter. I believe in Karma and ours bit us in the butt yesterday.

BigDeezy
11/18/2007, 08:31 PM
Trip Report/Confession

Drive from El Paso to Lubbock. Sucked.
La Quinta Hotel. Kids crying/making noise at first light. Sucked.
Lubbock. Sucked
The game. Sucked
Food. Sucked
Driving home. Sucked

My little bro from PHX flew in...

Flight Sucked
LBB airport sucked
LBB city Sucked
Game sucked.
Fat college chick at bar hit on him. Sucked

Confession....

I have attended 5 OU games in person. Fiesta Bowl vs ASU=loss
1988 at USC=loss
1989 at Uofaz=loss
Fieta Bowl vs Blue Turf Boys=loss
Lubbock=loss

Thats it. No more games for me. If I had any heart I would set myself on fire for the good of the program. I hate myself and life right now.

Greatest program in college football history and I cant witness a victory in person. Sucks to be me. I suck

Edited to add..I loved sitting near the band. Thought they were terriffic.

Oh, my God, ELP -- it WAS you! And here I was trying to think ofother excuses!