PDA

View Full Version : Time for the Bix 8 to break up this corrupt conference

landrun
11/18/2007, 08:02 AM
I know it won't happen, but for crying out loud!! All the success of the Big XII comes from the Big 8. All the officials come from Texas.

I don't mind losing. But I am pizzzzzed about getting hosed again. :mad: :mad:

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2007, 08:52 AM
let it go. The refs don't cost us this game.

dougsooner
11/18/2007, 10:57 AM
The players and coaches can let it go. They have to let it go to get ready for next week's game. We don't have to get ready for next week's game so we can talk about it if we want.... Yes, the refs jerked us around. Make no mistake: We played terrible. Mainly that is what lost this game for us. Well, maily it was The OFF and DEF coaches and the horrible game plans but to say the refs had nothing to do with this loss is also wrong. The TD at the end, the multitude of "holding" or "block in the back" calls against us that no one saw. Total BS that these texass refs get to keep calling our games against the texass schools.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 11:15 AM
Crowing about teams from the Big-8 when OU just lost and UT can possibly win the Big-12 South is a little illogical.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Leroy Lizard]Crowing about teams from the Big-8 when OU just lost and UT can possibly win the Big-12 South is a little illogical.[/QUOT

Thanks to Texas officiating once again! Worst thing the Big 8 did was combine with the SWC and let them dicate what was going to be happening in the Big 12 including which schools they would bring into the Big 12. UT didn't want TCU because they would get beat on occasion in football so they brought in Baylor.

If you don't think that Bible's crew blew the game with their no calls, then you don't have a clue about football. How do you sack a quarterback when you are held time and time again? How about a touchdown with the receiver ruled out of bounds when it was obvious to all but a Texas homer that he had one foot in bounds.

Wait, Texas is superior according to you! Our family lived in TX and none of my kids would have been allowed to attend that liberal university. Why don't you ask A&M what they think about the Bible crew and they will tell you the same thing, they are biased. They hate A&M and OU period. Too many games I have seen Bible officiate that show his bias.

Leach ranted, got fined $10,000, and gets another Austin crew to show they are not biased against Tech. Pretty good use of his money or is it going to be Trump's money. Pickens bought OSU football. Is Trump going to buy Tech football?

Our starting quarterback went down at the beginning of the game probably due to the concrete field they play on and it sucked air out of the team and kept our defense on the field most of the 1st half and you complain?

Texas has home officiating crews that never should have been allowed in the Big 12 as they were homer against A&M when we lived in Texas and I am no A&M fan.

BHud
11/18/2007, 01:59 PM
Wild card line, you are on the air! Get your tin foil hats, watch out for black helicopters, and have a pity party and come up with all the excuses for losing you can, while ignoring the fact that you were down 34-10 at one point.

Ignore the fact that Tech ripped your defense, and make excuses by blaming it on some vast Texas conspiracy.

Ok-scuses, Ok-scuses, Ok-scuses!

usmc-sooner
11/18/2007, 02:07 PM
the refs didn't give up 400 yards in just over 3 quarters, and come up with on of the worst offensive game plans ever, but that was a TD.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 02:17 PM
the refs didn't give up 400 yards in just over 3 quarters, and come up with on of the worst offensive game plans ever, but that was a TD.

Coaches also didn't get Bradford hurt either but the bottom line was it was a touchdown. Air went out of the team when Bradford went down but I saw it with Oregon as well and USC. These are college kids and even in the pros when your main quarterback goes down, it has a tendency to have the air sucked out at least for a while.

This just makes the Leach temper tantrum stand out even more accusing the Big-12 of having biased refs from Austin against Tech but it got him the Bible crew from Austin to show that Austin refs are not biased against Tech.

Another note is the field at Tech -- Bradford on one of the new TURF fields might not have received the concussion but this Tech field is old and hard as cement which could account for the fact that Tech doesn't run a lot of running plays. Not sure a running back could hold up playing on that field for an entire season as it is old and worn. Note: Murray's foot got caught in a seam according to reports which happens on an old field.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 02:40 PM
Blaming the refs is bush league. We got beat. Pure and simple.

Pepper Brooks
11/18/2007, 02:40 PM
I am not sure what giving up 500 passing yards to BU and even more to TT has to do with the referees. ****ty defense has more to do with losing than anything.

47straight
11/18/2007, 03:17 PM
Wild card line, you are on the air! Get your tin foil hats, watch out for black helicopters, and have a pity party and come up with all the excuses for losing you can, while ignoring the fact that you were down 34-10 at one point.

Ignore the fact that Tech ripped your defense, and make excuses by blaming it on some vast Texas conspiracy.

Ok-scuses, Ok-scuses, Ok-scuses!

Hey ****horn,

It doesn't take a tin foil hat to realize that the proud grandson of a legendary Texas coach -- who has been jobbing OU since 1984 -- is gonna keep the flag in his pocket.

Just because OU should have won anyway doesn't make him any less dirty, or you any less of a big giant ******.

Go back to hornfans with the other homosexual sailors.

Texas Golfer
11/18/2007, 03:26 PM
The only problem I had with the officials was the TD that was called incomplete. I had a little problem with the returns that were called back without showing the alleged misfractions.

But what I find hypocritical is Leach complaining about Austin refs calling UT games in Austin but has no problem with Lubbock refs calling Tech games in Lubbock.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 03:27 PM
I agree.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 03:29 PM
The only problem I had with the officials was the TD that was called incomplete. I had a little problem with the returns that were called back without showing the alleged misfractions.

But what I find hypocritical is Leach complaining about Austin refs calling UT games in Austin but has no problem with Lubbock refs calling Tech games in Lubbock.
He's your typical coach; would you expect anything else?

cowrazer1
11/18/2007, 03:43 PM
Coaches also didn't get Bradford hurt either but the bottom line was it was a touchdown. Air went out of the team when Bradford went down but I saw it with Oregon as well and USC. These are college kids and even in the pros when your main quarterback goes down, it has a tendency to have the air sucked out at least for a while.

This just makes the Leach temper tantrum stand out even more accusing the Big-12 of having biased refs from Austin against Tech but it got him the Bible crew from Austin to show that Austin refs are not biased against Tech.

Another note is the field at Tech -- Bradford on one of the new TURF fields might not have received the concussion but this Tech field is old and hard as cement which could account for the fact that Tech doesn't run a lot of running plays. Not sure a running back could hold up playing on that field for an entire season as it is old and worn. Note: Murray's foot got caught in a seam according to reports which happens on an old field.

Mom: The field turf was just installed at Tech this off-season. It is the newest turf available and plays like grass. You might have some gripe coming, but not on the condition of the playing surface. It is brand new and top notch. Thanks!!!!!!!!

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 03:50 PM

You weren't watching the game I was. Manuel made a TD dude. Period.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 04:00 PM

We should have never been down by that many points to begin with; Tech totally outplayed OU until the 4th quarter when they went into a shell

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 04:20 PM
We should have never been down by that many points to begin with; Tech totally outplayed OU until the 4th quarter when they went into a shell
It took that much time for our relief QB to get comfortable ... because he has never had the chance to play in a real game before last night. Don't ask me why Halzle wasn't given the chance to play in a real game before. Only the coaches can answer that one.

Did TTech go into a shell or did OUr defense put the stops on 'em? It was the D!

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 04:48 PM
Cowrazer 1 -- Thanks but that is not the information that was being put out, but I will take your word for it.

usmc-sooner
11/18/2007, 05:10 PM
Cowrazer 1 -- Thanks but that is not the information that was being put out, but I will take your word for it.

actually Stoops commented on it during his press conference about how it was new.

bluedogok
11/18/2007, 05:20 PM
Worst thing the Big 8 did was combine with the SWC and let them dicate what was going to be happening in the Big 12 including which schools they would bring into the Big 12. UT didn't want TCU because they would get beat on occasion in football so they brought in Baylor.
That is not why Baylor is in the Big 12, TCU had no shot of being in the Big 12. Governor Ann Richards and Lt. Gov. Bob Bullock (Tech-Bachelors, Baylor-Law) were Baylor grads and they demanded that Baylor be included as a condition of legislative approval for UT, A&M and Tech being allowed to move to a new conference. Down here the legislature has approve all sorts of minute crap including state schools changing conferences.

FieldTurf was installed for the 2006 season at Tech. My wife is a Tech grad so we see a bunch of their games.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 05:32 PM
I was in TX when it was approved and I said at the time the Big 8 was going to get screwed. I found out about the turf on here earlier.

SWC officials were the worst I had ever seen when we were transferred to Kelly AFB and some things never change.

We had UT alum in the town we lived in laughing that TCU and was being left out because they would come up and bite TX and Baylor was put in the Big 12. Ma Richards messed up everything she got her hands on including the TAAS. No respect for the woman.

A&M fans complain about Bible as well. But then the Bowl Games that had him last year complained but the Big 12 keeps bending over backwards to keep TX schools happy.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2007, 12:13 AM
That is not why Baylor is in the Big 12, TCU had no shot of being in the Big 12. Governor Ann Richards and Lt. Gov. Bob Bullock (Tech-Bachelors, Baylor-Law) were Baylor grads and they demanded that Baylor be included as a condition of legislative approval for UT, A&M and Tech being allowed to move to a new conference. Down here the legislature has approve all sorts of minute crap including state schools changing conferences.

FieldTurf was installed for the 2006 season at Tech. My wife is a Tech grad so we see a bunch of their games.

That's it precisely.
For the record, Bullock had a lot more to do with it than Richards did. Richards honestly couldn't give a **** about Baylor athletics, and Bullock always seemed to care more about Baylor than she did.

landrun
11/19/2007, 08:49 AM

No. We did not. We scored a TD that they took from us. We had shut them down in the last half. We took this game to overtime and had ALL the momentum. This game was ours and it was taken from us.

I do find it interesting how you guys will defend incompetent/corrupt officials denying the reality of what happened in this game (that fact that we did indeed tie the game up.) but reach all sorts of rediculous conclusions that our coaches suck and we should replace them with good coaches. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The official are beyond reproach but our staff needs to be replaced. - From Venables, to Wilson to Wright etc...
We consistently get jobbed by Texas officials but you can't see that. All you see is that OU sucks in spite of the great game we played and how we fought back to take it. Stupid comments like 'We should have never been in that position' etc... That's right. We should be so good on defense that no one can score on us. Not even T-Tech with one of the best offenses in the country.

bluedogok
11/19/2007, 11:31 PM
That's it precisely.
For the record, Bullock had a lot more to do with it than Richards did. Richards honestly couldn't give a **** about Baylor athletics, and Bullock always seemed to care more about Baylor than she did.
Well, for the most part more power resides in the Lt. Gov's office than in the Gov's office. The fact that both were in at the time probably helped more than it hurt.

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2007, 12:57 AM
Well, for the most part more power resides in the Lt. Gov's office than in the Gov's office. The fact that both were in at the time probably helped more than it hurt.
Aye.

olevetonahill
11/20/2007, 01:10 AM
Ok folks here I go again
1 the tech folks installed that turff to hurt our guys
2 the refs Hated US more than tech.
3 OUr coaches Succ
anything I miss ?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2007, 01:12 AM
Ok folks here I go again
1 the tech folks installed that turff to hurt our guys
2 the refs Hated US more than tech.
3 OUr coaches Succ
anything I miss ?

Not enough swagger and moxie :(

olevetonahill
11/20/2007, 01:27 AM
Wasnt talkin about ME
The TEAM dude

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2007, 01:31 AM
Wasnt talkin about ME
The TEAM dude

Ohhh...The team was bamboozled

Have you met my pig Swagger?

olevetonahill
11/20/2007, 01:49 AM
Ohhh...The team was bamboozled

Have you met my pig Swagger?
No I wanta see sooner terrys Mom 1st :P :D

OK2LA
11/20/2007, 01:53 AM

Made a td?

He made it?

He made it?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2007, 01:57 AM
No I wanta see sooner terrys Mom 1st :P :D

Well I dont have a pic of her but I have one of Swagger

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d82/fymmusic/swagger2.jpg

olevetonahill
11/20/2007, 02:14 AM
I dont think I like you anymore .

SoonerKnight
11/20/2007, 02:17 AM
That's just not right! :O

stoops the eternal pimp
11/20/2007, 02:17 AM
I dont think I like you anymore .

LOL.....the media and some of our fans said we had lost Swagger but I found him roaming around in the woods..

Vic n Tulsa
11/20/2007, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=Leroy Lizard]Crowing about teams from the Big-8 when OU just lost and UT can possibly win the Big-12 South is a little illogical.[/QUOT

Thanks to Texas officiating once again! Worst thing the Big 8 did was combine with the SWC and let them dicate what was going to be happening in the Big 12 including which schools they would bring into the Big 12. UT didn't want TCU because they would get beat on occasion in football so they brought in Baylor.

If you don't think that Bible's crew blew the game with their no calls, then you don't have a clue about football. How do you sack a quarterback when you are held time and time again? How about a touchdown with the receiver ruled out of bounds when it was obvious to all but a Texas homer that he had one foot in bounds.

Wait, Texas is superior according to you! Our family lived in TX and none of my kids would have been allowed to attend that liberal university. Why don't you ask A&M what they think about the Bible crew and they will tell you the same thing, they are biased. They hate A&M and OU period. Too many games I have seen Bible officiate that show his bias.

Leach ranted, got fined $10,000, and gets another Austin crew to show they are not biased against Tech. Pretty good use of his money or is it going to be Trump's money. Pickens bought OSU football. Is Trump going to buy Tech football?

Our starting quarterback went down at the beginning of the game probably due to the concrete field they play on and it sucked air out of the team and kept our defense on the field most of the 1st half and you complain?

Texas has home officiating crews that never should have been allowed in the Big 12 as they were homer against A&M when we lived in Texas and I am no A&M fan.

Number #1 reason people hate Oklahoma University is because examples of this so called fan right here. I know he's in the minority, but jeez dude, get real! Did you even attend OU? Me thinks you can't possibly have the grades to attend such a fine institution!

1) OU fans blame officiating mistakes is the 1st Qtr for their lossess

Leroy Lizard
11/20/2007, 09:56 PM
Fans of every team complain about the officiating. It isn't just OU. I just can't figure out what we gain from blaming the refs. It doesn't make me feel any better about the loss. Doesn't change the score. Does anyone really think that the nation is going to change its mind about the outcome because a bunch of homer fans think the refs screwed them?

When non-OU fans start blaming the refs, then it might change perceptions.

bluedogok
11/20/2007, 10:14 PM
You can get your Moxie HERE (http://www.hometownfavorites.com/searchprods.asp?txtsearch=moxi).
It runs $4.50 a six-pack :D