PDA

View Full Version : Guess Leach Won't Criticize Refs This Week

jdsooner
11/18/2007, 02:44 AM
What an ***!

NorthernIowaSooner
11/18/2007, 02:49 AM
probly not with getting the benefit of the doubt on johnsons non td catch, close call but i thought he had er

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 02:53 AM
Leach got what he wanted for $10,000 -- Bible crew from Austin bending over backwards to show that Austin refs are not against Tech. Bible and his crew have been against OU for as long as I can remember unless we play A&M and then they don't like either team. John Bible and his crew are an embarassment to officiating as much as the PAC-10 refs with their calls.

Octavian
11/18/2007, 02:54 AM
Leach is a great coach.

If Leach's first-string QB would've gone down.....he wouldn't have played his 3rd best and then expected 3rd best to win the game by passing when he had 3 impressive RBs and a solid OL going against a porous defense.

That's what we do.

Congrats to Mike Leach. Nothing but respect for the guy.

jdsooner
11/18/2007, 02:59 AM
"There were huge contributions by defense, huge contributions by special teams and huge contributions by offense," Tech coach Mike Leach said. "I think it was a game won together. I thought on this day, that the Tech defense was the biggest factor in the game."

Yeah, right. Your defense was on the ropes in the 4th quarter and the refs bailed you out against OU--again!

zeke
11/18/2007, 03:15 AM
"There were huge contributions by defense, huge contributions by special teams and huge contributions by offense," Tech coach Mike Leach said. "I think it was a game won together. I thought on this day, that the Tech defense was the biggest factor in the game."

Yeah, right. Your defense was on the ropes in the 4th quarter and the refs bailed you out against OU--again!

DITTO

I liked Leach up until last week. And looking back at the game we played at TT a couple of years ago, and the comments he had after that game, I wonder why it took me that long to realize what an azz the guy really is.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 03:20 AM
I'm sorry, but you can't blame this one on the refs; the coaching staff should take the brunt of this one

jdsooner
11/18/2007, 03:38 AM
OU: 8 penalties for 78 yards
Tech: 5 penalties for 40 yards

Worth $10,000 to beat the highest ranked team you have ever beat?
He won't miss it.

And oh yeah, I don't think the coaches had a lot to do with Bradford's injury. We don't fall behind by 24 with him in the game.

Bottom Line
11/18/2007, 09:25 AM
Equating penalty yardage does not mean equal officiating. Possesion and in bounds/out of bounds calls have as big an impact on the game as any penalty and you don't see them on a stat sheet.

How can a team like UT run 91 offensive plays and not one holding call?....after all...we all know a ref can call holding on any play right?

There is a problem and I think everyone wants a level field except those who are benefiting from the imbalance. Thanks Coach Leach for standing up.

BL

TXBOOMER
11/18/2007, 09:27 AM
Leach got what he wanted for $10,000 -- Bible crew from Austin bending over backwards to show that Austin refs are not against Tech. Bible and his crew have been against OU for as long as I can remember unless we play A&M and then they don't like either team. John Bible and his crew are an embarassment to officiating as much as the PAC-10 refs with their calls.

I agree. It seems like we get them every week.

rondog79
11/18/2007, 10:00 AM
by rule johnson's play in the end zone it was a td after one foot is down play is over. thank again to the great call we get in lubluck

Jacie
11/18/2007, 10:22 AM
This may be salt on the wound but didn't you hear at the start of the broadcast? Leach missed the due date for the appeal but because he didn't know he missed it he will get to appeal the fine after all.

Rogue
11/18/2007, 10:35 AM
I don't blame Leach, just like I don't blame Oregon for the crappy PAC-10 officials. The call was blown...again. This time I don't think it absolutely decided the outcome of the game. You can make an argument that it might have affected the outcome, but it's a stretch.

SoonerGM
11/18/2007, 10:43 AM
the officiating was stank. probably the worst for us all year long. the big obvious was that touchdown by johnson late in the game which even went to the review booth but was not reversed anyway. that is another 7 points meaning we should have had a tie game and possible chance for OT.

now on to the NO calls by the refs. the holding by tech was prevelant througout the night. if you didnt see it, you are blind. dont blame our defense for not getting much pressure on thier QB for most of the night. they were drug down from behind or even from in front nearly every play and litterally tripped a few times. it was like the first coupld of drives tech was unable to stop our pass rush so then they played dirty for the rest of the night. there was obvious holding on a key 4th down for tech which eventually resulted in a score. later there was obvious holding on a TD play for tech. those were the biggest of the night in my opinion. if you take those plays away like they should have been, we walk out of there with the win even with our backup QB in the game.

and btw, those 2 noncalls were no where near the only ones last night... i cant even count how many times i saw thier line with a fist full of jersey. i have nothing negative to say about our team or our coaching staff for that game.

getrdone
11/18/2007, 10:59 AM
what about amendola or areola or whatever his name is blocking 2 of our players in the back on the long crabtree run that got ruled out at the 1. he clearly takes out walker at the 3-4 which an official right there.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 11:02 AM
the officiating was stank. probably the worst for us all year long. the big obvious was that touchdown by johnson late in the game which even went to the review booth but was not reversed anyway. that is another 7 points meaning we should have had a tie game and possible chance for OT.

now on to the NO calls by the refs. the holding by tech was prevelant througout the night. if you didnt see it, you are blind. dont blame our defense for not getting much pressure on thier QB for most of the night. they were drug down from behind or even from in front nearly every play and litterally tripped a few times. it was like the first coupld of drives tech was unable to stop our pass rush so then they played dirty for the rest of the night. there was obvious holding on a key 4th down for tech which eventually resulted in a score. later there was obvious holding on a TD play for tech. those were the biggest of the night in my opinion. if you take those plays away like they should have been, we walk out of there with the win even with our backup QB in the game.

and btw, those 2 noncalls were no where near the only ones last night... i cant even count how many times i saw thier line with a fist full of jersey. i have nothing negative to say about our team or our coaching staff for that game.

Well said. Leach got exactly what he wanted for $10,000 -- the Bible officiating crew from Austin that bent over backwards to Leach to show that they were not biased against Tech. The Bible crew have been biased against OU for as long as I can remember. As for the replay of the 'touchdown,' it took all over 30 seconds if that and the replays usually take about five minutes.

No way our defense could get to the quarterback of Tech and anyone that is blaming the defense didn't bother to look at the game.

As for Leach not knowing about the deadline for an appeal, he is a lawyer and weaseled out by saying he didn't know anything. I have zero respect for Leach and the type of players he has recruited. They play dirty but they have for years at Tech -- ask A&M or Texas about their experiences over the years at Lubbock.

What's with the concrete they play on at Tech. They cannot afford to replace the field with the new TURF? That field should be ruled a hazard to your health because if you land wrong you are injured and out of the game. No wonder they dont' have a running game because if they did, their players would not make it through the season. It is an old field and the Big 12 should do something but I am not holding my breath on the Big 12.

Who keeps assigning Bible to ref our games?

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 11:10 AM
Equating penalty yardage does not mean equal officiating. Possesion and in bounds/out of bounds calls have as big an impact on the game as any penalty and you don't see them on a stat sheet.

How can a team like UT run 91 offensive plays and not one holding call?....after all...we all know a ref can call holding on any play right?

There is a problem and I think everyone wants a level field except those who are benefiting from the imbalance. Thanks Coach Leach for standing up.

BL

Leach stood up alright and the Big 12 sent Bible and his biased crew who just happen to be from Austin to officiate the game? The lawyer struck again -- throw a temper tantrum about officiating and make sure you get a different Austin crew you know is biased against OU. Then tell the Big 12 that you didn't know about the deadline for an appeal and get an extension. We have to have the dumbest people that run the Big 12 that cannot see they were played.

Leach is a the same guy who in 2005 said the game was officiated fairly even though the crew had Spike Dikes' insurance agent from Lubbock and obvious blown calls. Leach now goes into Austin and blast homer refs. When it happens in Lubbock, it is okay? You still think that Leach is a standup guy? Give it a rest. His integrity has been shot for sometime.

stoopified
11/18/2007, 11:13 AM
I'm sorry, but you can't blame this one on the refs; the coaching staff should take the brunt of this one
I f you are going to blame anyone,BLAME the trainers.Couldn't they patch Sam up so OUr #2 qb Halzle didn't have to play? :D
For those of you who do not catch it,that is sarcasm.The trainers had as much to do with the loss as the coaching staff.The game plan was solid but went in the toilet the minute Sam went down.Joey did a great job rallying OU in the second half.

jdsooner
11/18/2007, 11:19 AM
As reported in the Lubbock paper:

Plainview's Jamar Wall, who leads Tech with five interceptions, had perfect coverage on a fourth-down play that prevented the Sooners from cutting a 34-20 deficit in half with just over five minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.

Manuel Johnson ran toward the corner of the end zone, but Wall was with his step for step and the Sooners turned over the ball on downs after Johnson was ruled out of bounds.

Coming up with a big play late, that is the mark of a good defense.

See, it was just good defense, not a bad call!

meoveryouxinfinity
11/18/2007, 11:21 AM
I think it was Herbie on Gameday yesterday morning who said it was "ironic" that Leach was complaining about refs in Austin the week before the OU game, since the last time OU visited Lubbock, Tech "survived" on a very "questionable" call that should have been reviewed and overturned--giving OU the win. Herbie went on to say that in that post game press conference in 2005, Stoops took the high road and congratulated Leach and Tech on their win.

The tale of two men...?

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 11:30 AM
I think it was Herbie on Gameday yesterday morning who said it was "ironic" that Leach was complaining about refs in Austin the week before the OU game, since the last time OU visited Lubbock, Tech "survived" on a very "questionable" call that should have been reviewed and overturned--giving OU the win. Herbie went on to say that in that post game press conference in 2005, Stoops took the high road and congratulated Leach and Tech on their win.

The tale of two men...?

Class of Bob Stoops and classless Mike Leach. Wonder if Trump is going to pay the $10,000 that Leach was fined with his rant? His rant made no sense at the time but it is obvious it got him Bible's crew from Austin who HATES OU and A&M to show Leach that Austin crews are not biased. Now the Big-12 is giving Leach extra time since he didn't know there was a deadline for an appeal? Give everyone a break, Leach is a lawyer.

Even their classless paper says he was ruled out of bounds when it was obvious he had a foot in bounds. Took all of seconds to review to declare the play stood.

Cannot believe the people on this board that praise Leach -- he is a hypocrite and now that I hear what Herbstredt had to say, the whole country can see it for themselves.

Bottom Line
11/18/2007, 12:25 PM
-------------------------------
What's with the concrete they play on at Tech. They cannot afford to replace the field with the new TURF? That field should be ruled a hazard to your health because if you land wrong you are injured and out of the game. No wonder they dont' have a running game because if they did, their players would not make it through the season.
----------------------------

Uhhh mom....the Tech field is state of the art put in place last year. You'll find that same field turf at many universites and pro stadiums.

It really sounds like your devestated from the loss....firing rounds everywhere....lighten up, it sucks to lose, but my goodness get some perspective on the situation.

BL

LesNessman
11/18/2007, 01:14 PM

Sooner GM is spot on.

I've seen a lot of football games over the past thirty years, and I have never, ever seen a team hold as much as Tech's OL does, year in and year out. I mean it is pathetic.