PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2007, 02:12 AM
From Coach Stoops after game

"Sam [Bradford] was making the tackle there and got dinged. How serious it is, we'll just have to continue to see, but it was whatever form of concussion, so we weren't going to put him back out there. Adron Tennell tore an anterior cruciate, Alan Davis had a concussion, and DeMarco's [Murray] knee cap shifted there. He was trying to plant to go up for the onside kick and his knee got caught one way or the other. All of them are significant and we'll see when we get into the week how they all come out."

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 02:19 AM
I hope all of the guys are OK, especially DeMarco. AD defninitely spoiled us with his ability. We need Murray next week. It seems like he is our super-talented runner, and the other 2 backs do not have the talent to be the feature-type runners for a top-notch offense.

How did Adron get hurt?

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2007, 02:20 AM
:(

Rhino
11/18/2007, 02:27 AM
How did Adron get hurt? Got blocked in the back on a punt return. Tech guy fell on the back of his knee.

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2007, 02:36 AM
:mad:

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 02:46 AM
Got blocked in the back on a punt return. Tech guy fell on the back of his knee.

Tell me they called a penalty for the block in the back!

soonermeteor
11/18/2007, 02:47 AM

I only heard "block in the back" on the sooners all game. :mad:

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 03:17 AM
Not that i'm aware of

zeke
11/18/2007, 03:18 AM
Best of wishes and a speedy recovery to all of those guys.

r5TPsooner
11/18/2007, 05:28 AM
Needless to say this was an extremely costly evening more so than just losing a football game.

Ground_Attack
11/18/2007, 08:07 AM

I'll tell you they did, but they really didn't.

85Sooner
11/18/2007, 09:00 AM
I still did not see where sam got hurt. Hell he was in and threw a perfect strike. NExt thing Halze is in and two plays later Tech scores. I have all sorts of thoughts but I am not going to say anything because I dont want aperma ban which I would surely get.

Signed sick of this stuff.

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 09:03 AM
Paul Thompson has no eligibility left. Chill out ;)

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2007, 09:07 AM
I still did not see where sam got hurt. Hell he was in and threw a perfect strike. NExt thing Halze is in and two plays later Tech scores. I have all sorts of thoughts but I am not going to say anything because I dont want aperma ban which I would surely get.

it's called a concussion. When you get one, it's the right thing to do to sit the kid. Did you see the look I'm Bradford's eyes sitting on the bench? He was in la-la land.

There are a lot of other coaches that would have run him back out there. I'm damn proud of our coach to making him stay put.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2007, 09:16 AM
The problem is that people associate concussions with vicious hits. All it takes is the head being jarred, not a direct hit to the head. Its a brain injury not a skull injury

RacerX
11/18/2007, 09:20 AM
The back of his head hit the green painted concrete.

kevpks
11/18/2007, 09:37 AM
That turf sucks. The conference should have standards for the playing surfaces.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/18/2007, 09:41 AM
I hope all of the guys are OK, especially DeMarco. AD defninitely spoiled us with his ability. We need Murray next week. It seems like he is our super-talented runner, and the other 2 backs do not have the talent to be the feature-type runners for a top-notch offense.

How did Adron get hurt?

We need him, but AP stepped up last year when AD went out! It ****es me off that after the fumble he carried the ball twice! We got CB and AP to bet the Stoolwater aggies my moneys on OU! Big 12 here we come! BOOMER FREAKIN SOONER!!!

OklaPony
11/18/2007, 09:55 AM
I still did not see where sam got hurt. Hell he was in and threw a perfect strike.
When Sam made the play to tackle the Techie after Patrick's fumble, he landed on his back on the bottom side of the Techie and his head got POUNDED into the turf. They only showed the replay about 5 times.

aero
11/18/2007, 10:18 AM
I couldn't tell if Sam looked dazed from the concussion or from being taken out. I was wondering if they were basing things on his responses or from the sensors in the helmet. I'm guessing Sam's helmet is equipped with the sensors. Anybody got info?

JohnnyMack
11/18/2007, 10:21 AM

I got you your Christmas present early. Here you go, it's a nice warm glass of STFU.

oudivesherpa
11/18/2007, 10:24 AM
Coach Stoops does an outstanding job of protecting his players, and will not rush them back to playing without a Doctors consent. That means all of the dinged players may not play this week---where in the pro game if you can walk, you can play.

StoopTroup
11/18/2007, 10:33 AM
God speed to them all.

sendbaht
11/18/2007, 10:34 AM
"A common example in sports concussion is the quarterback who was able to conduct all the complicated mental tasks of leading a football team after a concussion, but has no recollection the next day of the part of the game that took place after the concussion"

I wish Sam well. Only good I see out of this is he might be the only one who might not remember the game. I wish I didn't. All OU loses hurt so much.

Now lets beat OSU, win the Big 12 and play in a BCS game.!!!!!!!

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 10:49 AM
Why don't they outlaw the type of TURF that Tech has? If you want TURF instead of grass they have the new TURF where it is much softer not like concrete. Did anyone ever think that maybe is why Tech doesn't run the ball much as the TURF is too old and their backs would take a beating on the TURF?

On to this weekend and a win!

AverageJoe
11/18/2007, 11:22 AM
That dang Tech so called Turf. Do they want to hurt players? Seems like they would want to protect their own players. Maybe they practice making sure thei ram opponents heads into the "turf" to take them out. They really need to get rid of that stuff and put the field turf in. I think KState still has painted concrete as well.

AJ

bred24
11/18/2007, 11:41 AM
I have to ask. How did Bradford get hurt on that??? He barely got touched and not once did he get hit in the head.

josh09
11/18/2007, 11:58 AM
I have to ask. How did Bradford get hurt on that??? He barely got touched and not once did he get hit in the head.

Dude fell on his head.

As for the injuries, good luck to all of them on a speedy recovery

lexsooner
11/18/2007, 11:59 AM

Didn't one of our OL fall on top of him as he was going down?

sooner59
Yeah I heard about those sensors, im guessing that had something to do with it. Im also wondering if the sensors picked up the defender and Duke falling on him more than his head hitting he ground. I dont know, but I just hope its a very very mild concussion for his sake. He has a bright future.

bred24
Dude fell on his head.

As for the injuries, good luck to all of them on a speedy recovery

Hell my wife's head was banging of the headboard harder then that last night.

Animal Mother
11/18/2007, 12:09 PM

yeah I heard your next door neighbor say that while you were at Quik Trip last night.

lexsooner
11/18/2007, 12:12 PM

But you were asleep in front of the tv, so how would you know? ;)

BoomerGirl34
11/18/2007, 12:18 PM

Did you deflate her and put her in the box under the bed when you were through?

85Sooner
11/18/2007, 01:02 PM
I did not question pulling Sam. I worked in sprots medicine for three years and know what a concussion is. I just didn't think that he hit that hard and if it was a trigger in his helmet, why did he go back in? I am not frustrated by the O more so the d . I miss the days when we had leaders on the D and people feared them and they were going after folks with fire ini their hair. Been a long long time since I've seen any of that. Seems like the Sooners look their worst in the games that are the most important in the last few years.

NewMexicoSooner
11/18/2007, 01:08 PM
Did you deflate her and put her in the box under the bed when you were through?

I don't care who you are....That is funny :)

Vegas Vic
11/18/2007, 01:23 PM
I did not question pulling Sam. I worked in sprots medicine for three years and know what a concussion is. I just didn't think that he hit that hard and if it was a trigger in his helmet, why did he go back in?

It was a couple of the trainers who finally recognized that Sam was in another world, but they didn't immediately notice it when he came off of the field.

GottaHavePride
11/18/2007, 02:01 PM
Much like Nate Hybl vs. Nebraska, sometimes it's not apparent that they're not exactly walking in straight lines until a couple of plays later.

RacerX
11/18/2007, 02:02 PM
It's just a sprain.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 02:23 PM
That dang Tech so called Turf. Do they want to hurt players? Seems like they would want to protect their own players. Maybe they practice making sure thei ram opponents heads into the "turf" to take them out. They really need to get rid of that stuff and put the field turf in. I think KState still has painted concrete as well.

AJ

Why isn't that type of TURF outlawed in football? Hitting your head on concrete versus the new TURF would make a world of difference and might not lead to a concussion.

If they cannot afford to replace the TURF at Tech ask Trump who made the introductions for Tech. How lame was that? We had AD and they had Trump!

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 03:23 PM
I blame the turf!

I honestly feel there are some freshman nerves with Sam and away games. He wasn't siting looking dazed, he was standing looking scared.

Get well guys!

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 03:28 PM
I blame the turf!

I honestly feel there are some freshman nerves with Sam and away games. He wasn't siting looking dazed, he was standing looking scared.

Get well guys!
How stupid is this comment?

Why would he be "scared" on the sidelines?

Put the keyboard away and go back to your fat crayons.

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 03:31 PM
SAS, I blame the turf too. ;)

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 03:34 PM
SAS, I blame the turf too. ;)
You look scared too.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2007, 03:34 PM
I blame EL Nino and the horse pigs

r5TPsooner
11/18/2007, 03:47 PM
I think that they all slipped on flour tortillas.

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 03:51 PM
You look scared too.

THAT'S INAKRIT!! IT'S GARBAGE, AND THE POSTER WHO WROTE IT IS GARBAGE!!! [hairGel]

Texas Golfer
11/18/2007, 03:58 PM
I couldn't tell if Sam looked dazed from the concussion or from being taken out. I was wondering if they were basing things on his responses or from the sensors in the helmet. I'm guessing Sam's helmet is equipped with the sensors. Anybody got info?

Sam does have sensors in his helmet that registers significant impact. When talking with him on the sideline, he appears to be disoriented.

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 04:06 PM
How stupid is this comment?

Why would he be "scared" on the sidelines?

Not as stupid as most of your comments

Scared that he can't control his nerves. Scared that he let his team down. Scared that he let the fans down. If he can't play next week, cool. Its a concussion. If he can, well, that's suspect.

Crayons?!! ... I honestly don't understand what you mean. I am not a kid.

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 04:07 PM
If he was scared you are a daisy.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2007, 04:17 PM

Put that in your pipe and smoke it SAS

Newbomb Turk
11/18/2007, 04:19 PM

how the heck are you in the red when you post great stuff like this?

:rolleyes:

Newbomb Turk
11/18/2007, 04:20 PM
Put that in your pipe and smoke it SAS

I think sas is the scared one now.

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 04:35 PM
http://www.omgpwned.net/media/owned/scared_baby.png

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2007, 04:45 PM
Guys, Tech has FieldTurf. They just put it in in the last couple of years. It's the new stuff.

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 04:47 PM
Guys, Tech has FieldTurf. They just put it in in the last couple of years. It's the new stuff.
sounds scary

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2007, 04:49 PM

makes me nervous

bluedogok
11/18/2007, 05:04 PM
2005 was the last season for the old AstroTurf, FieldTurf was installed for the 2006 season as others have stated.

Natural Grass
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M
Iowa State
Colorado

FieldTurf
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
OSU
Texas Tech

AstroPlay
Kansas

SportGrass
Baylor

usmc-sooner
11/18/2007, 05:07 PM

Scared that he can't control his nerves. Scared that he let his team down. Scared that he let the fans down. If he can't play next week, cool. Its a concussion. If he can, well, that's suspect.

no you win the stupid post contest, he wasn't scared he had a concussion.

okiewaker
11/18/2007, 05:13 PM
no you win the stupid post contest, he wasn't scared he had a concussion.

I won this the other day but have since learned my lesson. Thanks Ruby.:D

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 05:23 PM
AstroPlay
Kansas

No wonder why they are undefeated this season.

bluedogok
11/18/2007, 05:29 PM
No wonder why they are undefeated this season.
AstroPlay (http://www.astroturf.com/astroplay.htm) is the Astroturf company equivalent to FieldTurf (http://www.fieldturf.com/).

AstroPlay (http://www.astroturf.com/astroplay.htm)
FieldTurf (http://www.fieldturf.com/)
SportGrass (http://www.sportgrass.com.au/)

soonerloyal
11/18/2007, 07:08 PM

I dunno why, but that sent me into a fifteen-minute ROTFLMAO session.

Dear Gawd, greatness. *ohhh, my sides hurt*

OUinFLA
11/18/2007, 07:19 PM
SportGrass
Baylor

Is that similar to the Toledo Windowbox that was around when I went to OU?

good stuff.

ratherthanlater
11/18/2007, 08:25 PM

Are you 40?[hairGel]

cowrazer1
11/18/2007, 09:00 PM
Why isn't that type of TURF outlawed in football? Hitting your head on concrete versus the new TURF would make a world of difference and might not lead to a concussion.

If they cannot afford to replace the TURF at Tech ask Trump who made the introductions for Tech. How lame was that? We had AD and they had Trump!

Let's clear this up now, once and for all. Tech installed the "new" field turf over the past off-season. It is the newest state of the art playing surface around. I'm sure sorry Bradford was injured, but blaming Tech's playing surface is unreasonable and based on false assumptions. I hope he recovers quickly.

jwlynn64
11/18/2007, 11:00 PM
Let's clear this up now, once and for all. Tech installed the "new" field turf over the past off-season. It is the newest state of the art playing surface around. I'm sure sorry Bradford was injured, but blaming Tech's playing surface is unreasonable and based on false assumptions. I hope he recovers quickly.

Are you saying that this thread is 3/4 inakkurat? [hairGel] ;)

goingoneight
11/18/2007, 11:07 PM
All of you people critiquing Sam's injury need to shut the **** up. I got a concussion once from a basketball hitting my head. **** does happen, you know. Guess what, I wanted played basketball for about 30 more minutes and started puking like McNabb. It didn't stop and all I wanted to do was fight. I never pick fights or even so much as talk **** to my friends, but yeah... concussions aren't exactly a stubbed toe.

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 11:08 PM
People are obviously posting with concussions.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 11:15 PM
I got a concussion once from a basketball hitting my head.

This post is worthless without video. :D

insuranceman_22
11/19/2007, 12:31 AM
When Sam made the play to tackle the Techie after Patrick's fumble, he landed on his back on the bottom side of the Techie and his head got POUNDED into the turf. They only showed the replay about 5 times.

That may not be it, did you see Duke landing on the Techie with Sam under them both........

Curly Bill
11/19/2007, 12:33 AM
That may not be it, did you see Duke landing on the Techie with Sam under them both........

That should have given us all concussions. :D

rainiersooner
11/19/2007, 12:58 AM

I think you're right - Stoops kept him out of the game because he couldn't handle the pressure.

Moron.

SoonerMom2
11/19/2007, 01:07 AM

It has been cleared up on other threads which I am sure you already knew.

flopshotjoe99
11/19/2007, 09:14 AM
2005 was the last season for the old AstroTurf, FieldTurf was installed for the 2006 season as others have stated.

Natural Grass
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M
Colorado

FieldTurf
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
OSU
Texas Tech

AstroPlay
Kansas

SportGrass
Baylor

Shag Carpet
Iowa State.

SOONERxWife73
11/19/2007, 09:20 AM
I also get nervous/scared, whatever, before my Beloved Sooners kickoff and I've never played a down of football. Good luck Sam on a speedy recovery.

SOONERxWife73
11/19/2007, 09:26 AM
And a speedy return!!!

CincySooner
11/19/2007, 09:38 AM
So... I guess it was too much to assume this thread would actually be about injury updates?

Larry&Leisa
11/19/2007, 10:20 AM
The best I got out of it was some wife may have not gotten her 'big o' and a kid poked his eye with a crayon.

SoonerMom2
11/19/2007, 11:24 AM
So... I guess it was too much to assume this thread would actually be about injury updates?

Well said. I clicked on this thread to get the latest! Should have known it was a waste of time.

Boomer.....
11/19/2007, 12:11 PM
Murry will not play Saturday due to a dislocated kneecap.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/11/19/bc.fbc.t25.oklahoma.injuries.ap/index.html

TMcGee86
11/19/2007, 12:37 PM
All of you people critiquing Sam's injury need to shut the **** up. I got a concussion once from a basketball hitting my head. **** does happen, you know. Guess what, I wanted played basketball for about 30 more minutes and started puking like McNabb. It didn't stop and all I wanted to do was fight. I never pick fights or even so much as talk **** to my friends, but yeah... concussions aren't exactly a stubbed toe.

Apparently it still affects your ability to write. ;)

swardboy
11/19/2007, 12:56 PM
Someone posted Saturday that Sam had a serious concussion in high school. Can someone confirm that?

Now, back to my fat crayons..........

Animal Mother
11/19/2007, 06:10 PM
Someone posted Saturday that Sam had a serious concussion in high school. Can someone confirm that?

Now, back to my fat crayons..........

Good lawd!! Is this a gossip session or a message board? Did I just answer my own question? How do I make my voice do that?

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 06:22 PM
Well said. I clicked on this thread to get the latest! Should have known it was a waste of time.

Which is why you went ahead and posted two uninformed, inaccurate rants in it. Gotcha.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/19/2007, 06:58 PM
DeMarco-no play
Sam-could play
alan davis- could play
english-could play
adron tennell- no play

all the "could plays" are listed in the 2 deep for this weeks game ..bob may shed light on it tomorrow in his press conference.

now noobs, go back to posting your uniformed, inaccurate rants as SD so wisely put it and then complaining about whats being posted in this thread.

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2007, 06:58 PM
It's just a sprain.

Spray some Windex on it . . .

FaninAma
11/19/2007, 07:39 PM

Maybe Stoops should go into a Bobby Knight-like tirade and try to have the TT player who hit Adon from behind banned for life.

2k2 c5
11/19/2007, 08:08 PM

I think WD-40.

Breadburner
11/19/2007, 08:13 PM
I won this the other day but have since learned my lesson. Thanks Ruby.:D

Coachability.....Now I like that......

MissouriSooner
11/19/2007, 09:21 PM
I think WD-40.

Duct tape.

bluedogok
11/19/2007, 09:53 PM
I think drinking a Windex (the Brother's kind, not the SC Johnson product) might work better :D

OK2U
11/20/2007, 06:35 PM
Stoops said today that Davis won't play Saturday, that they will rotate d-linemen in.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/20/2007, 07:20 PM

Not a total waste! I got a good laugh out of it!

:D :D :D

OU_Sooners75
11/20/2007, 07:31 PM

You seriously cannot be this retarded.

Every post I have read from you has been...well....retarded.

You sure you arent a Aggie Fan?

jwlynn64
11/21/2007, 11:48 AM

Has it been so long that everyone has forgotten the greatness that was "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"!

Spek to you.