PDA

View Full Version : i thought this would be a thread by now...

colinreturn
11/18/2007, 12:31 AM
But how was that incomplete? It was either TD, or INT. and the refs, once again. Didnt know what to call. Im not saying that this is why we lost. But we woulda been down a TD with 3+ minutes left

And, anyone see the pass interference on 4th an 7?

sooneron
11/18/2007, 12:34 AM
I dunno, but I'm going to go chug a beer. Go to bed. Get up tomorrow. Smoke some meat and have fun with my little girl.

That call sucked.

BoomerSoonerSchooner
11/18/2007, 12:36 AM
Screwed again in Lubbock, what can I say?

chad
11/18/2007, 12:37 AM
yup, it was a blown call. football final crew even said it was a TD.

Figures OU would get a bad call, and replay wouldn't help.

Think if Stoops throws a fit like Leach we'll get all the calls next week? ;)

Also there were a ton of holding calls that were ignored.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 12:37 AM
John Bible struck again along with the Tech replay booth. Big 12 needs to clean up its officiating but obviously they bowed to Leach's rant against Austin officials and gave him Bible's crew who hates us. Not to mention we got hosed again by the Tech replay booth.

It was a touchdown and it was pass interence to go along with numerous uncalled holding calls by their offensive line and not reviewing the Kelly pass, etc.

Other conferences replay questionable calls but not the Big 12 when Bible refs -- he is superior don't you know.

Detest the Big 12 front office and looks like we have replaced one wimpy commissioner with another since Leach didn't make the deadline for an appeal and they are giving him extra time.

GrapevineSooner
11/18/2007, 12:38 AM
I guess the reasoning as to why it wasn't a TD was because Kelly didn't maintain possession of the ball after hitting the ground.

I disagreed with the call. But there were other factors that affected the outcome much more than that one call. Therefore, let's even try to compare this to the calls two years ago in Lubbock or last year in Eugene.

And SoonerMom, I don't think it will matter. Remember, Leach attacked the credibility of the officials directly. He's probably damn lucky the fine was only $10,000 and I think the appeallate board will say as much when they uphold Beebe's ruling.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 12:39 AM
yup, it was a blown call. football final crew even said it was a TD.

Figures OU would get a bad call, and replay wouldn't help.

Think if Stoops throws a fit like Leach we'll get all the calls next week? ;)

So I am not the only one that thinks the Leach rant was a set-up?

Stoops would probably get fined and suspended. Obviously the big 12 front office doesn't like OU or we wouldn't have gotten Bible as the officiating crew that bent over backwards for Tech.

SoonerBorn
11/18/2007, 12:42 AM
We should know by now that you can't leave the game in the officials hands.

sooner518
11/18/2007, 12:45 AM
i didnt think it should have been pass interference.

however, Johnson had possession, got a foot down and then had the ball taken away. shouldnt the TD already be called at that point?

OklaPony
11/18/2007, 12:45 AM
I guess the reasoning as to why it wasn't a TD was because Kelly didn't maintain possession of the ball after hitting the ground.

I disagreed with the call. But there were other factors that affected the outcome much more than that one call.
I think it was Manuel Johnson, but anyway... here's my issue with the call and replay:

The refs initial ruling was that he was out of bounds, not that it wasn't a catch. In light of that, when the replay clearly, and I do mean CLEARLY, showed that he caught the ball AND got a foot down in the endzone while having said possession, then it should damn well be ruled a touchdown.

Un-fricking-believable.

Boarder
11/18/2007, 12:52 AM
The only real problem I had was that one ref coming in from the middle of the field and giving the "he was out of bounds" call and walking away looking like he was disgusted. It looked extremely unprofessional.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 12:52 AM

I disagreed with the call. But there were other factors that affected the outcome much more than that one call. Therefore, let's even try to compare this to the calls two years ago in Lubbock or last year in Eugene.

And SoonerMom, I don't think it will matter. Remember, Leach attacked the credibility of the officials directly. He's probably damn lucky the fine was only $10,000 and I think the appeallate board will say as much when they uphold Beebe's ruling.

The call on the field was that he was out of bounds not that he didn't have possession of the football. Replay showed he was clearly in bounds so that would make it a touchdown since the original ruling was he was out bounds. You cannot take the ball away after a touchdown and have it count. If he had possession with one foot in nothing else matters.

I could see if they had called on the field he was juggling the ball but their ruling didn't say that.

The game should have been tied but that said there were a lot of bad calls but there always are when Bible's crew officiates including Bowl Games where both teams complain about him.

Leach should have been suspended IMHO. I have zero respect for Leach or Tech's replay official. Hope Beebe cleans up the Big 12 front office because whoever assigns refs is not doing OU any favors with Bible.

Boooom!
11/18/2007, 12:54 AM
The bottom line is that we are not good enough to play for the National Championship. I know I will get flamed .. and I know some will call me fair weather .. but with loosing to CU and almost shart in the shorts at ISU..and not this? Imagine what a real team would have done to us in the NC game..

JPNSKER
11/18/2007, 01:12 AM
I'll give a little outsider perspective....

Extremely poor officiating in the booth!!

Not only did they make the wrong call on Johnson's TD catch, they also made the wrong call on reversing the TD that Crabtree had. Johnson's catch was clear as day = not reversed. Crabtree's tight rope walk on the sideline was VERY UNCLEAR = reversed.

Horrible job!

brown town sooner
11/18/2007, 01:16 AM
I came on here a couple of weeks ago after Colorado loss expressing my frustration with IR and was criticized and pretty much made to feel like a whiner because IR didn't cost the Sooners the game. Once again, tonight the IR went against the Sooners AGAIN!!! Not that it mattered late in the game but it did impact the outcome. It was clear that the catch was made, the foot was down and then after hitting the ground the defender came up with the ball. I'm sick of IR and it doesn't work like it should. Get rid of it.

SoonerObsession
11/18/2007, 01:21 AM
They reviewed it for a whole 30 seconds. Since when does a review last less than a minute? I agree we didn't deserve to win, but I'm really tired of getting the shaft when it comes to blown calls.

bstuff1979
11/18/2007, 01:22 AM
My thoughts: After the massive joy over the Oregon loss, karma came back to bite "us" for doing so. Dixon goes down, so then Bradford does. Yes, OU got jobbed. I can't help but feeling, even with the "karma" factor, that OU was supposed to win that game (Hazlie or not). It was like a flip version of the Cu game. Yeah, we got jobbed. But, in the long run it COULD be a good means to a great end. It could set up an OU USuCk Fiesta bowl. Yes, I'm tipsy and a little irritated, but I can live with an OU arse kicking of the University of Spoiled children in a season that can only be rivaled by 1984.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/18/2007, 01:24 AM
It's Halzle, god dammit.

Pronounced haulz-lee.

Hate to interrupt all the witchhunting, but this is beginning to **** me off.

Halzle. Not that f*ckin' hard, people.

WxGuy1
11/18/2007, 01:28 AM
Get rid of it.

Yes, this feeling we have sucks. Yes, the call probably should have been reversed. But, I think it's a little hasty to say that we should get rid of it. In the very least, how does Instant Replay HURT? I can think of a myriad of more cases in which Instant Replay correctly reversed a bad on-field call... Sure, it doesn't always get it right, but I think it's done much more good than harm. It's important to review the system to improve its accuracy and make it more dependable.

We can't ignore the fact that we completely sucked 75% of this game (the first 3 quarters). It's easy to blame IR in these cases, but we shouldn't ever have been in this situation to begin with. We were absolutely, positively dominated the first half, which makes it hard for me to say that "we were robbed". The Sooners FINALLY decided to show up for the last quarter, but it was too little too late. We really should have had that call reversed, and we should have gone into overtime as a result. Alas, you can't expect to be outplayed for 75% of the game while on the road to a team that specializes in an area that is also our weakness (passing game) and still come out with a win. *shrug*

brown town sooner
11/18/2007, 01:29 AM
Fireman...what are you talking about? Atleast make some sense of your writing.

BoulderSooner79
11/18/2007, 01:30 AM

Not only did they make the wrong call on Johnson's TD catch, they also made the wrong call on reversing the TD that Crabtree had. Johnson's catch was clear as day = not reversed. Crabtree's tight rope walk on the sideline was VERY UNCLEAR = reversed.

Horrible job!

I agree on both points. The Crabtree call didn't hurt Tech because they scored on the next play. The Johnson catch was on 4th down, so OU couldn't overcome the call.

I disagree with the assertion that the game would have been tied because Tech would have played differently had OU pulled to within 7 at that point. Tech ran the ball 3 times on their last possession just to burn clock. No way they do that w/o the 14 point lead. And they play the dreaded "prevent" that allowed the long IG completion late. So you can never go back to a play and say what would have happened unless there no time left and the outcome is obvious (i.e. duck on-side kick, grrr).

I wish the ref had gotten it right because I think it likely OU would have gotten the ball back with enough time to at least make it interesting. I really hated how the booth didn't even discuss this with the on field refs. The replay took a 2 seconds with no discussion at all. I don't see how that could be since if anything, it looked decisive that he caught it and had control!. :mad:

Animal Mother
11/18/2007, 01:34 AM

He's talking about the fools slamming HALZLE that can't even spell the dude's name correctly on multiple threads.

brown town sooner
11/18/2007, 01:47 AM
OH...ok....makes sense now. thanks

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 01:50 AM
What should ge scrapped about instant replay is having a homer in the booth making the calls on instant replay. NCAA needs to take over assigning people to the replay booth but then I want them to take over officiating and get it out of conference control. Let the SEC or some conference live with the horrible officiating of Bible and his crew.

goingoneight
11/18/2007, 01:51 AM
I came on here a couple of weeks ago after Colorado loss expressing my frustration with IR and was criticized and pretty much made to feel like a whiner because IR didn't cost the Sooners the game. Once again, tonight the IR went against the Sooners AGAIN!!! Not that it mattered late in the game but it did impact the outcome. It was clear that the catch was made, the foot was down and then after hitting the ground the defender came up with the ball. I'm sick of IR and it doesn't work like it should. Get rid of it.

Without instant replay, you're ****ed without ever being kissed. IOW, you don't even have a hint of a chance to expose the blind calls.

n8v_ndn
11/18/2007, 02:04 AM
I thought it was pretty simple:

Catch made + foot down = Touchdown

What happens after he's flat on his back doesn't matter, does it? Or do the rules state the receiver must maintain possesion until the ref comes over to take the ball or something?

I've had a few too many Sam Adams Winter Brews to go look this up...

Techzan
11/18/2007, 03:34 AM
http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_football_rules.pdf

Specifically, Rule 7, Article 6

XV. Receiver A85 is airborne in the end zone and possesses a pass but

while airborne is hit by a defender, which causes A85 to fall to the

ground. Immediately upon hitting the ground, the ball comes loose.

RULING: Incomplete pass. An airborne receiver contacted before

completing all the requirements of a catch must still maintain control

of the ball after hitting the ground.

Or try this one:

XIII. Airborne receiver A85 possesses the ball and in the process of

coming to the ground, first contacts the ground with his left foot

inbounds as he falls to the ground out of bounds. Immediately upon

hitting the ground out of bounds, the ball comes loose. RULING:

Incomplete pass regardless of whether or not the ball hits the ground

because the receiver is out of bounds.

FaninAma
11/18/2007, 03:43 AM
read the rules first.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_football_rules.pdf

Specifically, Rule 7, Article 6

XV. Receiver A85 is airborne in the end zone and possesses a pass but

while airborne is hit by a defender, which causes A85 to fall to the

ground. Immediately upon hitting the ground, the ball comes loose.

RULING: Incomplete pass. An airborne receiver contacted before

completing all the requirements of a catch must still maintain control

of the ball after hitting the ground.

Or try this one, if that doesn't make you happy:

XIII. Airborne receiver A85 possesses the ball and in the process of

coming to the ground, first contacts the ground with his left foot

inbounds as he falls to the ground out of bounds. Immediately upon

hitting the ground out of bounds, the ball comes loose. RULING:

Incomplete pass regardless of whether or not the ball hits the ground

because the receiver is out of bounds.

Hey @$$ wipe, the OU receiver had control of the ball, had a foot down and thus made all of the requirements of completing a pass and under the first scenario in your post the play should have been ruled a TD. So F%ck off.

Secondly, there are legit reports from the BC television truck that the replay booth watched only one of the three angles of the play available for review.

And lastly, TT fans and their coaches are quickly becoming the ugly, retarded cousins of the Big 12. So go and enjoy another tainted vctory.

Isn't it funny that TT can only seem to win conference games at home against a decent team? And every time they do manage to beat a decent team in Lubbock they act like total morons? Why is that?

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 03:44 AM
All I really have to say is that the replay should have taken longer than it did. It was a big play in the game and it was somewhat unclear as to where Johnson lost possession of the ball when seen at regular speed.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 03:52 AM
Damn it Techzan, dragging the rule-book into this, that is not fair. :mad:

Techzan
11/18/2007, 04:01 AM
oops, looks like my edit of my cutn'paste job wasn't fast enough for faninama.

here's the link to the original post over on raiderpower:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=1448961&sto=pagestart

wasn't trying to upset anyone. I'm probably more in shock about the outcome of this game than you guys are.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 04:05 AM
Nah, didn't upset me...I already knew the rule.

r5TPsooner
11/18/2007, 05:21 AM

I may be wrong but my understanding of the rule is the ball only need break the plane of the goal line. To me the ball broke the plane with Johnson in control with one foot in bounds until he fell out of bounds.

I thought it was a TD but knew that the play would not be overturned on this f'd up evening.

The_Red_Patriot
11/18/2007, 06:17 AM
It was a TD.

We deserved to lose the game but we had a TD taken away from us.

FaninAma
11/18/2007, 10:01 AM
oops, looks like my edit of my cutn'paste job wasn't fast enough for faninama.

here's the link to the original post over on raiderpower:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=1448961&sto=pagestart

wasn't trying to upset anyone. I'm probably more in shock about the outcome of this game than you guys are.

No dip****, just your interpretation of the rules. Same thing goes for you Curly Bill.It's just like 2005 with jackoffs from TT coming over to OU boards and telling us why TT'S win wasn't a total rip-off.

And as a person who holds 2 degrees from TT I am ashamed to be represented by that group of morons who show up in yur student section game after game. They really are giving the University and the program a bad name.

birddog
11/18/2007, 10:06 AM
the thing that bothered me was they reviewed that play in record time. i've seen them spend 5 minutes on a 3 yard completion in the 1st qtr of a game.

kevpks
11/18/2007, 10:15 AM
Tech won and can't do any better than the Alamo Bowl. We lost and can still win the conference and a BCS bowl. I like our position a little better. With Tech's style they will always win some games at home but will never win big. Besides, Leach will take the first decent offer out of that dump.

FaninAma
11/18/2007, 10:20 AM
Tech won and can't do any better than the Alamo Bowl. We lost and can still win the conference and a BCS bowl. I like our position a little better. With Tech's style they will always win some games at home but will never win big. Besides, Leach will take the first decent offer out of that dump.

Can you blame him? 4 years in that hell hole were quite enough for me. No wonder Leach drinks like a f'in fish. Lubbock is the most depressing sh*t hole I have ever had the displeasure of being associated with.

stoopified
11/18/2007, 11:46 AM
The bottom line is that we are not good enough to play for the National Championship. I know I will get flamed .. and I know some will call me fair weather .. but with loosing to CU and almost shart in the shorts at ISU..and not this? Imagine what a real team would have done to us in the NC game..
I think everyone is missing the real bottom line.IF Sam doesn't get hurt we win by 2TDs and are STILL in the title hunt.Sam not playing had more to do with TT winning then any aother single factor.Halzle diddo a great job in the second half.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 12:00 PM
Johnson was ruled out of bounds on the play and he had one foot down so it was a touchdown. Anyone seeing the game says it was a touchdown except TT homers.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 12:02 PM
If TT didn't have such a crappy, concrete field, Sam Bradford probably wouldn't have gotten a concussion. How TT can be allowed to continue to play on that piece of concrete is beyond me. Why are they not forced to put down the new Turf if they don't want grass?

Gotta hand it to TT, they have two whiney coaches -- Leach and Knight and get the calls going their way in the next game every time after those coaches rant.

RiddlerOK
11/18/2007, 12:28 PM

Figures...............coming from a shorthorns fan.

ManWithNoName
11/18/2007, 12:51 PM
If TT didn't have such a crappy, concrete field, Sam Bradford probably wouldn't have gotten a concussion. How TT can be allowed to continue to play on that piece of concrete is beyond me. Why are they not forced to put down the new Turf if they don't want grass?

I've seen you post this on a couple of threads, so I'll correct you now before you keep saying it. Tech's turf IS the new field turf. It was replaced last year...

Techzan
11/18/2007, 02:22 PM
Is FaninAma doing a bit??? That's funny stuff right there!!

:)

FaninAma
11/18/2007, 02:43 PM

Well, I see you're still here which begs the question of why the f*ck are you here in the first place? After all the crap that has transpired with TT gaining 2 garbage wins over OU in Lubbock and the crap that Bobby Knight pullled the last few years why would a TT fan come to an OU board to lecture OU fans?

Oh, yeah, I forgot......you're just representin' the low class fan base of an athletic program whose lone claim to fame is a national title in women's basketball.

It is pretty understandable that being a fan of such a pathetic and inconsequential program such as Tech's you have to crow about your small victories when they come along.....no matter how tainted they may be.

So Techzan, which happens first: TT wins a conference title in any major sport or Leach leaves(or develops cirrhosis of the liver) or Bobby Knight is finally committed to an institution for the criminally insane after he goes beserk during a basketball game?

I think it's a pretty safe bet that TT won't be winning a conference title in football or men's basketball in your lifetime. NOw, that's just downright sad when you think about it. The TT program is allowed to remain in the Big 12 as fodder for the rest of the league and you get to gnaw on the occasional bone the league throws you like last night's game.

Techzan
11/18/2007, 02:57 PM
FaninAma, you are chock full of irony, and I'm lovin' every minute of it.

I hope you are having a great weekend. I am.

yur-out
11/18/2007, 03:00 PM

Just don't ruin your weekend by breaking your arm while patting youself on the back too hard.:rolleyes:

FaninAma
11/18/2007, 03:26 PM

Sure you are loser. You must have a hell of a life seeing as how you're hanging around a rivals football message board trying to get e few jollies from your team's lone decent win all year.

Like I said, when you're the fan of a pathetic program like TT you have to captialize on the few bright spots when they come along. You do realize that only TT, Baylor, osu, Iowa State and the loser of the Mizzou-KU game are the only teams that will have not reached the BIg 12 CCG after this year. And out of those teams only TT and Baylor has never won a Big 12 men's basketball regular season title or won the post season Big 12 tournament. And out of those 2 perrenial losers Baylor, by far away, has the most Big 12 titles in other non-major sports.

So, in essence, TT is the doormat of the Big 12 in all sports.

Again I completely understand why you're taking advantage of last night's game to come over here and make an @$$ of yourself. That's what small, petty and insignificant people do.

By all means, carry on.:)

Texas Golfer
11/18/2007, 03:33 PM

Horrible job!

The reason Crabtree's TD was reversed was that, although he got both feet inside the pylon, the ball was in his right hand and never crossed the goal line inside the pylon. When he went out of bounds, the ball had not yet crossed the goal line.

Techzan
11/18/2007, 03:35 PM
FaninAma, seriously, you are a riot, the king of irony.

I think I like you.

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 03:36 PM
I think this is where I say IBTL.

47straight
11/18/2007, 03:37 PM

Attention, all Tech trolls:

I'm not going to be the huge giant ****** that Techzan is and go register for an opposing teams' board, so you'll have to read it here.

Be happy in your meaningless victory. That is all you will ever achieve. You can only destroy dreams - never fulfill them. That, more than anything else, is what makes you an aggie.

Techzan, go away. Coming on here and talking ****, then saying, "I wasn't trying to upset you..." Go the **** away. If you had been here on Friday, you might have reduced your douchiness a little. You're not impressing anyone.

You remind me a lot of Eric Morris. A sad, pathetic 5-8 little boy who call only talk **** when the ref's are there to protect him. You're not brave enough to post before the game. No, only afterwards, then you can run back to the other jumbo shrimp at the *********raiders.scout.com message board and show how witty you are. Ooooo, you really told us sooners.

Tell you what little man, your team won the game. But you're still a coward. A chicken****, little coward. You're a pathetic ****** who's not happy enough with a win.

Texas Golfer
11/18/2007, 03:48 PM

Only a Tech fan would be happy with an 4-4 conference record.

Techzan
11/18/2007, 04:44 PM
Texas Golfer, anytime the Red Raiders can get a W against OU, it is a great weekend for us.

OU has owned Tech for years. How could it not be a great win for us?

You'd be mistaken though if you extrapolate that out to mean that I am "happy with a 4-4 conference record."

brown town sooner
11/18/2007, 08:57 PM
Techzan...go find a goat to ride or something.

Curlybill.....*applause* *applause* everyone stand up and congratulate curlybill. Once again he proved to be a prophet and already knew what someone else posted.

NYC Poke
11/18/2007, 09:13 PM
Well, I see you're still here which begs the question of why the f*ck are you here in the first place? After all the crap that has transpired with TT gaining 2 garbage wins over OU in Lubbock and the crap that Bobby Knight pullled the last few years why would a TT fan come to an OU board to lecture OU fans?

Oh, yeah, I forgot......you're just representin' the low class fan base of an athletic program whose lone claim to fame is a national title in women's basketball.

It is pretty understandable that being a fan of such a pathetic and inconsequential program such as Tech's you have to crow about your small victories when they come along.....no matter how tainted they may be.

So Techzan, which happens first: TT wins a conference title in any major sport or Leach leaves(or develops cirrhosis of the liver) or Bobby Knight is finally committed to an institution for the criminally insane after he goes beserk during a basketball game?

I think it's a pretty safe bet that TT won't be winning a conference title in football or men's basketball in your lifetime. NOw, that's just downright sad when you think about it. The TT program is allowed to remain in the Big 12 as fodder for the rest of the league and you get to gnaw on the occasional bone the league throws you like last night's game.

Funny, I never saw him on OP after their visit to Stillwater.

Curly Bill
11/18/2007, 09:57 PM
Techzan...go find a goat to ride or something.

Curlybill.....*applause* *applause* everyone stand up and congratulate curlybill. Once again he proved to be a prophet and already knew what someone else posted.

I'm a prophet because I already knew the college football rules...huh...:confused:

brown town sooner
11/19/2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah....sure you did Curly...and I already knew that you knew. Funny.