PDA

View Full Version : Two-QB System?

OUTromBoNado
11/18/2007, 12:29 AM
First, I want to give it up to Halzle for continuing to fight and give a chance in the end. For someone who had not played a meaningful down in college football yet, I thought he came back and did fairly decent.

This whole situation tonight got me thinking about the two-QB system. Now, let me state that I am NOT a fan of that system. First, it prevents whoever is your starter from really developing a rhythm. It can create a "QB controversy," etc.

But, I am seeing some merits to it. I don't think we should go to a two-QB offense. But, let's assume that a team has a QB as prolific as Bradford. If you have a lot of confidence in your team and QB, I think you've got to get your backup some field time in real-game situations...not on cleanup duty. Do it in the non-conference season. Do it against the conference patsies. Do it while the game is still "somewhat" in question.

I realize this is all moot if your QB stays healthy, and the actual odds of stuff like what happened to us at Tech and to Oregon @ Arizona actually happening are not high, it still got me thinking.

I might just be stretching for something and over thinking everything, but I wondered what you guys thought.

I know it's still not the ideal situation, but at least you would be playing a backup that might be more "conditioned" for the pressure cooker.