PDA

View Full Version : Dear Coach Stoops

AzianSooner
11/17/2007, 11:45 PM
I know with you as the OU head coach, we will be right back to the NC title hunt next year. Under your watch, OU will be in top 10 year in, year out.
Please accept me sincere thank you as a fan.

P.S. I will buy ticket to Holiday bowl this year to watch our Sooners kick Oregon's A..ss once again.

Stitch Face
11/17/2007, 11:50 PM
Hold it, there, pardner. If the team puts the schooner back on its wheels and beats OSU we're still going to the BigXII. Win that and we make a BCS bowl.

mikeb
11/18/2007, 12:06 AM
Hazle ?????????????????

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 12:38 AM
Absolutely. Let's now concentrate on the Big XII championship and not fret over the loss.

Team played hard, btw. That's all you can ask for.

Redgiant2
11/18/2007, 01:09 AM
Dear AzianSooner,

As long as Coach Stoops keeps his incompetent best friend on the payroll as the DC the Sooners will be overrated and beaten by an unranked team year in and year out. If you enjoy watching mediocrity please root for OSU.

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 01:12 AM
OU never quit which speaks volumes about this team. To almost overcome losing your starting quarterback, losing Davis, and have a Bible officiated game makes me very proud of these guys and how they fought back.

We will be fine next week whoever the quarterback is but I sure hope it is Bradford.

Our defense in the second half looked really good and they had to put up with being held a lot but they kept right on going.

Really proud of this team and how they reacted to the starting quarterback going down.

mightysooner
11/18/2007, 01:17 AM
Dear AzianSooner,

As long as Coach Stoops keeps his incompetent best friend on the payroll as the DC the Sooners will be overrated and beaten by an unranked team year in and year out. If you enjoy watching mediocrity please root for OSU.

Thank you!

Collier11
11/18/2007, 01:17 AM
I know people are blaming Venables, blaming that Bradford got hurt, but I put this loss and this season on Stoops. Stoops is a great coach, I have posted many times on this board that I wouldnt trade him for anyone in the country. That being said, this team has not been prepared to play once on the road this year, why patrick is still getting pt over murray is a shame, and our playcalling for much of our attempted comeback goes through Stoops. He has went into a shell, we are way too predictable and way too afraid to take any chances at all! Say what you will, but there is a HUGE DIFF between Stoops 99-04(pre usc) and current. some adjustments need to be made or we will not win a natl title again for a while

Redgiant2
11/18/2007, 01:26 AM
What I blame Stoops for is his incredibly poor choices in replacements for quality coaches at DC and OC. These guys are morphing into a Big 10 team game by game. This is the weakest most incompetent staff he's had. Unfortunately I don't believe they'll be going anywhere until they get jobs at places like San Diego State, New Mexico, or perhaps even mighty Middle Tennessee.

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 01:28 AM
Dear Coach Stoops, be sure to tell the guys we appreciate how hard they played and the fact they never gave up even when down by 24. We noticed Crabtree was shutout in the 2nd half. That was a TD Manuel scored but of course the reps there are suspect. We love the entertainment and wish all of you the best. Go Sooners!

Vegas Vic
11/18/2007, 01:29 AM
Absolutely. Let's now concentrate on the Big XII championship and not fret over the loss.

Let's hope the team concentrates on the game next week. OU has not clinched a spot in the Big XII Championship game.

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2007, 02:28 AM
Let's hope the team concentrates on the game next week. OU has not clinched a spot in the Big XII Championship game.

That's what he's saying...focus on the Big12 championship. To do that we have to win our next game. Everyone is well aware of that.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 02:44 AM
That being said, this team has not been prepared to play once on the road this year,

Out of curiosity, how do you prepare a team to play on the road any differently than you prepare them to play at home? The field is still the same size. They suit up the same players they would if they were playing in Norman. So what changes?

NorthernIowaSooner
11/18/2007, 02:48 AM
Hazle ?????????????????

well its halzle and i love how the ABC announcers got that right all night but called bradford crawford at least twice. and i love stoops but im kinda getting the feeling well win a lot of big XII champs with him here but not another MNC. just doesnt seem like when we have chances for it we play like we want it

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 02:53 AM
Out of curiosity, how do you prepare a team to play on the road any differently than you prepare them to play at home? The field is still the same size. They suit up the same players they would if they were playing in Norman. So what changes?

Positive reinforcement of things our players do well.

AzianSooner
11/18/2007, 03:02 AM
Dear AzianSooner,

Dear RedGiant,

Please send your letter to tOSU, LSU, USC....

Regards.

okiewaker
11/18/2007, 03:04 AM
Never, ever put Bradford in on tackling drills!!!!!!!!!

TexasIsOUsBtch
11/18/2007, 03:32 AM
OU never quit which speaks volumes about this team. To almost overcome losing your starting quarterback, losing Davis, and have a Bible officiated game makes me very proud of these guys and how they fought back.

We will be fine next week whoever the quarterback is but I sure hope it is Bradford.

Our defense in the second half looked really good and they had to put up with being held a lot but they kept right on going.

Really proud of this team and how they reacted to the starting quarterback going down.

We didn't quit? It kinda seemed to me that the whole team quit for a quarter and a half, mostly defense, when Bradford went out... They were shell-shocked, and only in the second half did the defense seem to realize that if they would stop somebody, we still had a shot at coming back in this thing....

And to the dude that asked Y is Patrick getting more carries than Murray... I found it funny that Stoops was very defensive when questioned about this in his post game remarks last week, yet when Bradford went down, Murray got almost all of the carries, with Brown getting the other few... I only saw Patrick get one more carry after Bradford left... That tells me that Stoops knows that Murray is the best back on the team, and that the only reason Patrick is getting any carries is because Stoops is too loyal to players who've been there longer... U all know what I'm talking about... And if Stoops would have played the right back to start the game, maybe none of this would have happened.. I'm not saying we wouldn't have lost the game, but I am saying that Murray, most likely, wouldn't have fumbled, leading to Bradford making a tackle, leading to his concussion.... but what do i know? according to the coaches, i'm just a fan, who doesn't understand the ins and outs of football...

soonerboomer93
11/18/2007, 04:16 AM
Dear AzianSooner,

Dear redgiant2

you are a complete and utter ****tard. You are too much of a ********* to post on this site, especially since you have already been banned atleast once. I'm most certain a mod will be shoe whipping you. They might even do it hard enough to knock your head out of your ***.

Katy's Most Wanted
11/18/2007, 09:00 AM
Dear Red Giant - you are calling it right on.
why does everyone get upset when a loyal fan simply states the obvious - Wilson and Venables are out of their league.
And Bob won't cut them loose because of loyalty - shades of Mack Brown.
If you get run then they can run me too.

sanantoniosooner
11/18/2007, 09:06 AM
oh pleeze pleeze pleeze pleeze.......

soonerhubs
11/18/2007, 09:07 AM
Pete Carrol's coordinators suck because JDB get's injured, same for Oregon, same for Oklahoma.

Out of curiosity, if in the NFL Peyton Manning or Tom Brady goes down and then the team loses by one touch down, do we honestly think it's the Assistant Coaches' faults?

soonersn2007
11/18/2007, 09:08 AM
why does everyone get upset when a loyal fan simply states the obvious - Wilson and Venables are out of their league.
co-sign

soonerhubs
11/18/2007, 09:08 AM
oh pleeze pleeze pleeze pleeze.......
Dear SAS,
You are right on. :D

In high school, my brother hit a deer with the one family car that had liability insurance versus full coverage. My dad got mad at him making the statement that he should've taken the car with full coverage that night.

--"Well Dad, since I plan on hitting the deer..."

I feel that same logic operating with some posters on this thread.

OU Adonis
11/18/2007, 09:26 AM
We gave up 21 points to Baylor at home. The same team that was in the 90's in offense.

OUr defense isn't lighting anyone up folks.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 11:13 AM
I think offenses are a little ahead of the game right now in college football. If you notice, defenses are struggling just about everywhere and new offensive records are being set all of the time. Not sure of the remedy. Is there any DC out there that has managed to find a way to shut down offenses week in and week out?

SoonerMom2
11/18/2007, 11:21 AM
I think offenses are a little ahead of the game right now in college football. If you notice, defenses are struggling just about everywhere and new offensive records are being set all of the time. Not sure of the remedy. Is there any DC out there that has managed to find a way to shut down offenses week in and week out?

Because at all levels they have tweaked the rules to make it harder for a defense to cover. It is also hard to get to the quarterback when the line gets held all the time and you see it over and over again. Just like the halo rule should be brought back IMHO when someone is fielding a punt.

The NCAA tweaked the rules to give more scoring. They need to tweak people running in and out on spread offenses without a huddle while if you huddle, no one can be exchanged after you break the huddle.

Offense has the advantage and until the rules are tweaked back, they will continue to have the advantage. When you watch games that don't involve OU and you see the bad officiating, you know there is something really wrong. Until the NCAA steps in and takes assignment of officials out of conference control, we will continue to see the homer crews like Bible's in all the conferences where they don't like one team and make sure all the non-calls go against them which is why you cannot go by penalities called -- you go by the obvious no calls.

Collier11
11/18/2007, 12:19 PM

Im not sure, you tell me? Why is it that Colorado, iowa st, and tech we seemed to have a million stupid penalities, turnovers, decisions? Why is it that we could easily be 0-3 on the true road games this year against three average to bad teams???

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 02:51 PM
Im not sure, you tell me? Why is it that Colorado, iowa st, and tech we seemed to have a million stupid penalities, turnovers, decisions? Why is it that we could easily be 0-3 on the true road games this year against three average to bad teams???

The original point made by someone was that the coaching staff is not preparing the team for road games. That makes no sense to me. It's the same game, same players, same rules no matter where you play. What would any coach do differently?

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 03:35 PM
The original point made by someone was that the coaching staff is not preparing the team for road games. That makes no sense to me. It's the same game, same players, same rules no matter where you play. What would any coach do differently?
Coach should let Halzle play more in other games when we were up by 20, 30 pts, that way it wouldn't have taken him 3 qtrs to get comfortable at TTech.

Clearly Sam doesn't like to play away from Owen field. It is fact. Accept it.

The defense was awesome! Crabtree was shutout with only one touchdown. He only had a couple of grabs after the half. Bravo to Venables! I don't see any problem with the coordinators. I think we should try more shuttle passes and trick plays but that's it. The team is GOOD, if we can get over those "freshman nerves" in away games. All our other games have been AWESOME!

Boomer Sooner!

aurorasooner
11/18/2007, 03:50 PM
some interesting comments from Clay Horning's article out of the Norman transcript.
Still, given the chance to give Halzle a decent load against Texas A&M, Stoops didn’t. The participation chart confirms the senior back-up played against the Aggies, yet it was still Bradford who directed OU’s last scoring drive, one that began in the fourth quarter, OU already up 35-7.
I asked Stoops after the Sooners gave up 450 yards to Baylor if it was cause for real concern. Even though defensive coordinator Brent Venables threw himself on the spike a few minutes later, Stoops had none of it. Instead, he compared the question to those he heard about defending the tight end at the Cotton Bowl and offered a history lesson on the Sooners’ success against spread offenses.

Well, OU has given up 923 yards the last two times out against spread offenses, so perhaps he won’t be so flippant the next time around.
Not wanting to risk Stoops’ wrath, reporters have tap-danced around him with questions about the offensive line. He hasn’t enjoyed that line of questioning either, but the simple truth is this team has struggled to run the ball with any kind of consistency. The Sooners have hit a few home runs, but this is no grind it out offense and with Bradford stunned and watching, it needed to be.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2007, 03:52 PM
Coach should let Halzle play more in other games when we were up by 20, 30 pts, that way it wouldn't have taken him 3 qtrs to get comfortable at TTech.

Clearly Sam doesn't like to play away from Owen field. It is fact. Accept it.

And this has what to do with our performance at Iowa State and Colorado?

Sorry, but your answer is a complete non sequitur. You are the coach. Your team is playing away. What do you differently to PREPARE for this game than the home games?

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 03:56 PM

Sorry, but your answer is a complete non sequitur. You are the coach. Your team is playing away. What do you differently to PREPARE for this game than the home games?
READ MY LIPS - LET THE BACKUP QUARTERBACK PLAY MORE IN GAME WHERE YOU HAVE BLOWN OUT YOUR OPPONENTS, WHICH WAS EVERY GAME PRIOR TO COLORADO. AFTER RECOGNIZING SAM WASN'T PLAYING WELL, PULL HIM OUT THE GAME.

GET IT?

Collier11
11/18/2007, 04:00 PM

I dont think any of us take part in practices, the proof is in the pudding though! We have played three True road games and played like poo poo in all three! Something needs to change!

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 04:05 PM
I dont think any of us take part in practices, the proof is in the pudding though! We have played three True road games and played like poo poo in all three! Something needs to change!
I agree, and i think we need to start playing at least 1 true road game against a middle of the road non-conference team every season;all those patsies we played at home did absolutely nothing to prepare this team for the road games

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 04:07 PM
Because at all levels they have tweaked the rules to make it harder for a defense to cover. It is also hard to get to the quarterback when the line gets held all the time and you see it over and over again. Just like the halo rule should be brought back IMHO when someone is fielding a punt.

The NCAA tweaked the rules to give more scoring. They need to tweak people running in and out on spread offenses without a huddle while if you huddle, no one can be exchanged after you break the huddle.

Offense has the advantage and until the rules are tweaked back, they will continue to have the advantage. When you watch games that don't involve OU and you see the bad officiating, you know there is something really wrong. Until the NCAA steps in and takes assignment of officials out of conference control, we will continue to see the homer crews like Bible's in all the conferences where they don't like one team and make sure all the non-calls go against them which is why you cannot go by penalities called -- you go by the obvious no calls.

If the officials would actually call holding like the rule states then you would see a lot of these spread offenses slowed down; i saw one play last night where the Tech lineman had his arm around the OU player's neck from behind and absolutely nothing was called

Collier11
11/18/2007, 04:10 PM
If the officials would actually call holding like the rule states then you would see a lot of these spread offenses slowed down; i saw one play last night where the Tech lineman had his arm around the OU player's neck from behind and absolutely nothing was called

thats just jon bibles crew, he hates Ou so dont fret! Those were never going to be called!

En_Fuego
11/18/2007, 04:24 PM
Hazle ?????????????????

Make no mistake about it. The Kid got hot in the 4th quarter. What would anyone expect from a QB that has almost zero game time. In my opinion, he won the game. If they would have called the pass a TD we win...period. And he would be a sooner legend right now.

Besides, Bradford and Hazle dont play defense

josh09
11/18/2007, 04:28 PM

And why do you people think our coaches suck when we lose one game?

I think thats the real question.

Theskipster
11/18/2007, 04:52 PM

We aren't getting upset because a loyal fan is stating the obvious. We are getting upset when dumb*ss fans who don't know what they are talking about come in here and start spewing uneducated and insulting bull-**** against sooners.

If you want to be a dick and not get called out for it, at least say something intelligent.

We lost one game. Maybe the bigger problem is the injuries to the D-ends more than coach Venables?

i saw one play last night where the Tech lineman had his arm around the OU player's neck from behind and absolutely nothing was called

I saw this more than just once. This happened most plays when some one on our D-line got behind their line.

HopeSpringsEternal
11/18/2007, 07:22 PM
Dear redgiant2

you are a complete and utter ****tard. You are too much of a ********* to post on this site, especially since you have already been banned atleast once. I'm most certain a mod will be shoe whipping you. They might even do it hard enough to knock your head out of your ***.

There's certainly a lot of either hillbillies or 12 year olds gaining access to this board. Buddy, you need to have another drink and seek counseling for your self-esteem issues. You sound like a dumb *** so the quicker you get that fixed the better off you're gonna be.

HopeSpringsEternal
11/18/2007, 07:25 PM
Dear SAS,
You are right on. :D

In high school, my brother hit a deer with the one family car that had liability insurance versus full coverage. My dad got mad at him making the statement that he should've taken the car with full coverage that night.

--"Well Dad, since I plan on hitting the deer..."

I feel that same logic operating with some posters on this thread.

And there are certainly a lot of people running around with their heads firmly buried in their *** if you can't see a trend with this defense being lit up by teams with less talent. People who are right are often times scolded by those with self-esteem issues. It's OK, it's quite laughable.

I also find it laughable that the mods are busy giving those of you who curse and carry on like little girls tug jobs while they keep me from responding to your idiocy.

East Coast Bias
11/18/2007, 07:43 PM
Lizard, As far as what a coach could do different for road-games, I will give you an anwser. Road games are different in that they require travel, taking players out of their normal game-prep routines like sleeping eating etc.Part of coaching is developing consistentcy in preparation that translates into consistentcy in production.Something could be broken in that phase of game preparation. If the team can't perform on the road like they do in Norman, hopefully the coaches are looking at the details around how they travel and prepare.

stoopified
11/18/2007, 07:55 PM
Hazle ?????????????????
Who ?Do you mean Halzle?If so ,I think we can beat oSu with him but I think THE ANSWER will be back under center for the Puke game.

HopeSpringsEternal
11/18/2007, 08:07 PM
Dear RedGiant,

Please send your letter to tOSU, LSU, USC....

Regards.

As soon as those teams are rung up for 2694 passing yards, a 62% completion percentage, and 11 yards per catch on teams of no better quality than what OU has faced this year I'll be more than happy. That said, excusing losses because everyone else is doing it is both immature and asinine. This defense has stunk for a very long time. It will continue to stink with Venables allowing his teams to be lackadaisical and undisciplined. OU is now ranked 83rd in pass defense folks. That ranking against the schedule they've played is appalling. It's ineptitude personified. He is in over his head and he's taking the team down with him. How much longer are you going to allow Brent to talk a mean game about potential and allow his players to go undeveloped and look just as bad year after year, game after game? It's like a bunch of bush league homers with some of you.

EstablishedSooner1967
11/18/2007, 08:11 PM
We'll, I am sure you could get Blake back to coach OU......

crimson monkey
11/19/2007, 12:31 PM
Dear AzianSooner,

Just my opinion, but this is pretty accurate. Our game plans on both sides of the ball seem to be questionable. The defense is getting man handled and the offense has no creativity. Where did the tight ends go? They should have been hitting them down the middle all game. This game shouldn't have even been close.

It just seems that we don't have the schemes to win all our games. Many of our wins come because we simply have better athletes.