PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Shocked?

insuranceman_22
11/17/2007, 10:59 PM
I am shocked! This is completely different than any of the possible outcomes I was contemplating. We can't mount much on offense and we're having absolute hell stopping anything on defense. Sooner Magic better come on strong real soon.

I hope I'm not breaking any of the rules here:

1. We found out tonight who our MVP is since Sam went down.

2. We've discovered why Sam won the QB job, JH is stuggling mightily (fingers crossed still)

3. We can't seem to figure out that we can run the ball if we'll stick with it.

4. Our defense gets tired after the first 60 snaps by an opposing offense.

5. Although extremely rare, we were outcoached tonight (Bradford had a lot to do with it).

StoopTroup
11/17/2007, 11:03 PM
I've always wondered why Bob doesn't try to get the Backup QB more PT.

When this stuff happens the team seems to always over compensate.

Again....we won in 2000 without a lot of injuries.

We were banged up but we have been losing guys and with Sam going out....it sure seems like it's taking it's toll.

sooner518
11/17/2007, 11:04 PM
I didnt think our offense would look this inept.

and I think we score a touchdown on one of those drives inside the 10, yet with Halzle in there, we get 3 points each time.

Murray is having a good game. other than that, we look like garbage on offense. i cant watch much more of this ****e

Vegas Vic
11/17/2007, 11:04 PM
OU is a good team this year. Not a great team, but a good team. Going into this game, the pass defense was ranked 60th in the nation, and it will drop further after the game.

I am shocked at the margin of victory, but after seeing OU exposed on the road at Colorado and Iowa State, I'm not surprised that Tech is winning.

soonercody
11/17/2007, 11:08 PM
A little surprised, but I've not viewed the 2007 Sooners as a Nat'l Championship caliber team all year so "shocked" would be an exaggeration for me.

As for why the backup QBs don't get more time...this year wouldn't have made much sense since we were starting a freshman that needed all the snaps he could get himself.

UTsucks
11/17/2007, 11:36 PM
All kidding aside I am not shocked. This is a team of two tails. At home they are good, on the road not so much. I don't know what is "missing" to make them a complete team. As another post said they rank 60th or so in pass D enough said on that.

There is no excuse to have QB's who are not ready to step in and play. We all know they kept Sam in all year. Good move or bad ? Either way it's showing now. Not to mention OU has had something like 8 or 9 flags tonight. Bottom line is we will be lucky to win another game this year.

ocsooner
11/18/2007, 12:24 AM
There is a silver lining here. If we had won this game, and won out through the Big 12 championship game, with our luck we would have ended up playing LSU in their home stadium again. With the way that we have been playing away this year, it most likely would have been embarassing. I'm ready for next year, and if we can do away with this away curse, I'm ready to go all the way next year.

Sounds like the cowgirls - wait till next year, but still.

kevpks
11/18/2007, 12:27 AM
I'm not shocked. If we pull a Texas and throw away the South with a two game lead, I'll be shocked. BEAT OSU!!!!!

OUTromBoNado
11/18/2007, 12:32 AM
You know, we heard people all year compare Sam's freshman year to Colt McCoy's freshman year. Eerily true, isn't it.

I'm really concerned about Sam (and McCoy). I hope I don't jinx things, but isn't it true that getting one concussion can make you more susceptible to them in the future?

sooner KB
11/18/2007, 12:42 AM
Not to sound like the pessimistic post-game doom 'n gloom type, but

1. We've played horribly on the road all season (how is everyone forgetting about the Colorado game and Iowa State game so easily?)

2. Our pass defense has been extremely overrated all season, and it hasn't even been rated that high.

3. This game was on the road against one of the top pass offenses in the country.

4. OU has a history of getting beat in an "upset" at the end of almost every season since 2001. (Yes, that's seven years of football).

So to say this was "shocking" is totally absurd. I was telling people all week I gave the Sooners a 50/50 chance at winning this one. (Don't negspek me for being negative, I just like to be realistic about things).

And with Bradford out, this is the most predictable outcome of the season.

rainiersooner
11/18/2007, 12:53 AM
I'm amazed we got no pressure on the QB.

BoulderSooner79
11/18/2007, 01:00 AM
I'm not shocked. Once OU got by Mizzou, many folks - including many on this board, considered TT our most dangerous regular season game remaining. The outcome was determined on the first offensive snap when Sam went down, so we'll never know if OU would have won with him. But even if Sam had played the whole game and we lost, I still would not have been shocked. I would have been shocked if we would have lost as badly, but an 'L' is an 'L'.

Let's hope Sam and DeMarco are back next week, but it doesn't look good. :-(

insuranceman_22
11/18/2007, 11:40 AM
I'm still in shock at how badly JH looked throwing the ball, until the 4th quarter. I suppose the rust started to come off. I'm also still in a daze as to why we continued to try and throw so much when we were running the ball pretty well. Why didn't we continue to pound the ball at Tech, in the second quarter. If we had, perhaps a 5 or 6 minute sustained drive would've given the D a chance to catch their collective breath and regroup and we may have put a TD on the board.....hindsight is always better. Anyway, this one is over and the hated orange is next.....Go Sooners!