PDA

View Full Version : The I dont understand why thread.....

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
11/17/2007, 10:42 PM
I thought we got Nichol just for this situation, and hes not in there. Patrick couldn't carry Murrays jock on the field and Murray doesnt see the first two sets of downs. Patrick fumbles and costs us are starting QB.....This isnt Patricks first fumble in a big game.....So I guess I just dont understand, wheres the logic in this??????/

southern sooner
11/17/2007, 10:55 PM
why are we not seeing any keith nichol, i thought he was 2nd qb. even if he was 3rd string it is time to see him, he can run. is he in the dog house or what?

The Maestro
11/17/2007, 10:58 PM
If I am Keith Nichols dad I am calling Les Miles tonight asking him to accept a transfer to Michigan when he accepts the job there since OU thinks he sucks and they are signing Landry Jones.

What a horrible night...good thing Bob made about 250K tonight. I sure didn't.

Stitch Face
11/17/2007, 11:01 PM
Nichol? Pfffft! I'd rather have Great Dribble...

;)

Stitch Face
11/17/2007, 11:02 PM
Srsly, Maestro...step back from the edge of the bandwagon. Shiz happens.

Stitch Face
11/17/2007, 11:07 PM
Meltdown much?

8timechamps
11/17/2007, 11:22 PM
I love it when Sooner fans go off on each other because we lose (or are losing) a game.

Makes me proud!

mikeb
11/17/2007, 11:28 PM
We will not see Nichol in this game because it will make the coaching decision look like s???

Stitch Face
11/17/2007, 11:30 PM
My apologies.

Clearly no one on this board (especially not someone who walked uphill through the snow to attend OU games since the 1930s and spent their hard-earned money on Sooner paraphernalia and plane tickets) could ever be a bandwagon fan.

So what's it called when you're so wrapped up in a team that your personality comes unglued at any sign of adversity? What are those fans called? Because maybe we could start a combo thread called the "______ fan thread" and put all their apoplectic crap in it.

Curly Bill
11/17/2007, 11:33 PM
If I'm Nichol and I can't play ahead of Halzle.............shoot, I don't even know what to say about that.

Animal Mother
11/17/2007, 11:43 PM
I will be interested in hearing what the coaches have to say about not giving him a chance. I wish he could have come in and handed off and tried to ram it down TT throat initially.
If Halzle sucks and he's a Big 12 scholly guy, then what is your completion rate Sparky?

Animal Mother
11/17/2007, 11:49 PM
Did that 65 yard TD suck pinhead???????????????????????

BoomerGirl34
11/17/2007, 11:51 PM
Did that 65 yard TD suck pinhead???????????????????????

Joey with the lightning strike to JJF!

WELL DONE JOE! :D

Animal Mother
11/17/2007, 11:51 PM
Did that pass to Joe John suck fart knocker??????/

BoomerGirl34
11/17/2007, 11:53 PM
Did that pass to Joe John suck fart knocker??????/

"fart knocker" :D

Classic!

mikeb
11/18/2007, 12:19 AM
Are you guys really trying to convince the SOONER nation that Hazle should be in the game before Nichol?

mikeb
11/18/2007, 12:23 AM
Hey, while you are trying to smooth this Hazle debacle over try and explain why Adrian Peterson did not start the first game of the season.

Stitch Face
11/18/2007, 12:34 AM
Hey, while you are trying to smooth this Hazle debacle over try and explain why Adrian Peterson did not start the first game of the season.

Peterson doesn't play for OU anymore, duh...:rolleyes:

Since71ASooner4Life
11/18/2007, 12:38 AM
My apologies.

Clearly no one on this board (especially not someone who walked uphill through the snow to attend OU games since the 1930s and spent their hard-earned money on Sooner paraphernalia and plane tickets) could ever be a bandwagon fan.

So what's it called when you're so wrapped up in a team that your personality comes unglued at any sign of adversity? What are those fans called? Because maybe we could start a combo thread called the "______ fan thread" and put all their apoplectic crap in it.

Little kids stomp their feet when their favorite toy is broken, and these whining ninnies are no different. We're missing our QB and best pass rusher, and the kid on the other side throws the ball great and we still only lose by 7 and a bunch of punks want to start sobbing and making stupid statements about coaching decisions. What a gaggle of pansy azzes.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 12:39 AM
Step back and take a deep breath everyone; what makes anyone think Nichol could have done any better? This game was lost when Patrick fumbled that damn ball

Octavian
11/18/2007, 12:42 AM
Valid Question.

First of all....let's not take shots at Halzle. He did the best he could with a tough situation that he was forced to work with.

Morever, Kevin Wilson was an absolute failure as an offensive leader again tonight. Once again, he placed an inexperienced quarterback in terrible positions time and again.....failed (once again) to exploit our running game in crucial times. After Bradford went down, Wilson put the game in Halzle's hands and that wasn't fair to the Joey or the team. Kevin Wilson -- once again -- did not earn his paycheck. This part of the conversation is not over.

Second....I agree. There was absolutely ZERO question as to who the second best quarterback was in the fall scrimmages....and it wasn't Joey Halzle.

The coaching staff decided to play the lesser talent and that's on them. You can't say that they picked JH over KN because of "experience"....they both have none.

Keith will probably be gone now.....and I don't blame him.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2007, 12:45 AM
Halzle actually played pretty well in the 4th quarter; i blame KW for the playcalling and going to such a low percentage fade route to the corner 3x in the 4th quarter; where was Gresham?

brown town sooner
11/18/2007, 01:03 AM
Hasn't Keith Nichol been the backup all season? My hat's off to Halzle for hanging in there but I thought Nichol was the backup and supposedly the next coming of Jason White. Anyone know anything about this?

mightysooner
11/18/2007, 01:07 AM
I'm absolutely mystified as to how the decision was made to NOT play Nichol at all during this game. I really wanna hear an answer from Bob on this.

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 01:15 AM
We don't know what happens during practice. Nichols could be sick.

Sam can't play but he can STAND on the sideline the entire game. Weird.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
11/18/2007, 01:18 AM
My apologies.

Yeah maybe I do come unglued a bit, but we have way better talent on both sides of the ball, we have something to play for (a NC that Mike Stoops gave us a chance to compete for after we laid a turd in CO) and we crap it all away. Then the really sad thing is that the D nutted up and played well the 2nd half. We have the ball in the red zone with 6 min left and we cant score, get it back with 3+ min left insdie the 20 and we cant score, then we hold em again and score with 31 sec left, to close within 7; wth how many dam times is JH gonna throw the fade and how many times does it take our coaching staff to realize that just maybe at this point in his career his is incapable of making that throw.....

So yeah I may come a bit unglued, but I think as a Sooner faithful from birth and the fact that I go to games, buy sooner garb, buy pay perviews when the game isnt televized gives me the right to come unglued a bit! If you call yourself a Sooner and arent a bit miffed with what happened in Lubbock maybe you sir are the bandwagon fan....

Stitch Face
We don't know what happens during practice. Nichols could be sick.

Sam can't play but he can STAND on the sideline the entire game. Weird.

Standing on the sideline looking dazed and running around throwing balls, taking hits, etc. after a concussion are two very different things.

brown town sooner
How did he get hurt? He didn't look like he took a direct shot helmet to helmet. Did he hit his head on the turf?

soonermeteor
11/18/2007, 01:19 AM
....there would be any bashing of Halzle. If anything, I have a ton of respect for the guy tonight. He gets thrown into a hostel road environment and the D lets Tech shred us. Somehow, he musters the strength to not only keep his head up but engineer an end of the game come back.

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 01:19 AM
Standing on the sideline looking dazed and running around throwing balls, taking hits, etc. after a concussion are two very different things.
It would be a lot better to SIT looking dazed, than standing looking OK.

SOONER44EVER
11/18/2007, 01:20 AM
I may be wrong but I think we need to quit blaming a backup QB and the OC etc., etc. for all the problems. Stoops is the head coach. He is the one who wasted a year of eligibility for Nichol. He is the one who refuses to believe Murray is the best RB. He is the one who NEVER lets the backup QB get any game experience. Lets blame the head coach for once.

rubyspirit
11/18/2007, 01:22 AM
I'm not blaming anyone. I am discussing observations of a game. I thought there were better options, but again, I'm not the coach.

I mentioned Sam standing, only because if he is truly hurt bad, I don't want him falling and hurting himself more.

Stitch Face
11/18/2007, 01:24 AM
So yeah I may come a bit unglued, but I think as a Sooner faithful from birth and the fact that I go to games, buy sooner garb, buy pay perviews when the game isnt televized gives me the right to come unglued a bit!

I'm not at all surprised you think this.

If you call yourself a Sooner and arent a bit miffed with what happened in Lubbock maybe you sir are the bandwagon fan....

What happened in Lubbock was we lost our starting QB on the first possession and then the team play hard until the very last minute trying to right the ship and almost pull off a win. No, I wasn't "miffed" at that.

But if buying Sooner stuff gives you the "right" to feel crumby then knock yourself out.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
11/18/2007, 01:27 AM
I may be wrong but I think we need to quit blaming a backup QB and the OC etc., etc. for all the problems. Stoops is the head coach. He is the one who wasted a year of eligibility for Nichol. He is the one who refuses to believe Murray is the best RB. He is the one who NEVER lets the backup QB get any game experience. Lets blame the head coach for once.

Amen, I agree totaly!!!!!!!!!

How many bowl games have we won, (that mattered, aka BCS bowls) Since Mike Stoops and Mark Mangino left????? :(

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
11/18/2007, 01:33 AM
I'm not at all surprised you think this.

What happened in Lubbock was we lost our starting QB on the first possession

You sir are absolutly correct!!!! Thank you for making my point, a great fill in RB last year for AD, we have in Patrick, but did anyone notice when AD went down others teams played us differently, maybe just maybe making Patrick look better than he actually is. Murray is hands down the best RB we have and he doesnt start, why I dont know, and that Senior crap should mean nothing. So as the person said earlier the blame for personell, calls good or bad all reflest on Stopps and maybe that where the balme lies...... I dont know.

Plain and simple Patrick doesnt fumble Bradford doesnt get hurt on that play

Tulsa_Fireman
11/18/2007, 01:41 AM
Plain and simple Patrick doesnt fumble Bradford doesnt get hurt on that play

And if my *** was a rocket engine, I could fart my way to the moon.

Blaming Patrick for Bradford's concussion is like blaming Boeing for 9/11. The young man put the ball on the turf. It happens. Just so happened that after putting the ball on the turf, in an effort to finish and contribute, Sam makes a tackle and falls funny. However it was the actual blow took place.

Would you have rather him turn around and run away, screaming like a little girl?

GottaHavePride
11/18/2007, 01:51 AM
http://packy.dardan.com/walky/albums/album11/afz.jpg