PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL "take mind off game" thread

badger
11/17/2007, 09:52 PM
My cat is annoyingly trying to make me feel better, so I decided the only way to yell "STOP TRYING TO CHEER ME UP!" in cat language at it (or other language) was to fix tuna helper.

Creamy broccoli. I decided the mojo gods would approve of me eating my veggies and not resorting to crying bad-for-you-hate-self fast food.

My cat now has tuna on its nose, but at least it has stopped trying to cheer me up.

I am so glad to have shared this with all of you. Now... what's your "I'M GOING INSANE SO I'M GOING TO DO SOMETHING ELSE!" story?

A Sooner in Texas
11/17/2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the relief...the doom and gloomers on the game thread are really getting me down. I have been too quiet for my cat to come see what's wrong, but all I have to do is get on the phone for him to be on top of me. He's like a kid that way.
Thanks for starting this...I needed the break!

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2007, 09:57 PM
Usually, I am glued to the set. But in a game like this, I will get some work done while I watch. It isn't me out there playing, so I'm not going to get worked up over it. My Dad always told me that every game makes someone happy, so not to worry about if your team gets behind or even loses.

This game is making a lot of people happy. :D

birddog
11/17/2007, 09:58 PM
this west virginia-cincy game is pretty competitive. cincy just blew a chance to cut it to 21-17.

wvu 21. cincy 10. 6 mins. left in the 3rd.

badger
11/17/2007, 10:02 PM
Ok, tuna helper update:

I started watching television again and unfortunately got distracted... and forgot about the tuna, which was set to "scorching hot so it boils faster"

Well, I just spent the last five minutes chipping out the burned spots. It'll taste a little smokey (ok, a LOT smokey) and not a lot like broccoli. However, since those boxes make like 20 times more than you'll ever eat alone, it'll be fine for tonight.

Blues1
11/17/2007, 10:03 PM
We can Win This...Don't give up....~~~!

badger
11/17/2007, 10:09 PM
Ok, this crap looks NOTHING like the package :mad:

Oh, and the number one rule of this thread is DO NOT MENTION THE THING THAT THIS THREAD IS TRYING NOT MENTION! (*cough* blues *cough*)

My cat is starting to not leave me alone again, so I'm going to clean it's box and take out the garbage. It usually get excited anytime I open the front door.

Next, I'm probably going to pet it to death, resulting in it shedding all of it's hair.

By that time, perhaps it will decide to eat some of it's own food so I can try the stuff I just nuked.

And now... to go do everything I said I would.

FirstandGoal
11/17/2007, 10:12 PM
Sorry to hear that your dinner didnt go so well baj.

I actually have a weird cat. She hates tuna.

StoopTroup
11/17/2007, 10:13 PM
SOONER MAGIC BABY ! ! !

TMcGee86
11/17/2007, 10:15 PM
Best.
Thread.
EVAR!!!

I'm not giving up, but this was much needed. thx.

proudsoonergal
11/17/2007, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear that your dinner didnt go so well baj.

I actually have a weird cat. She hates tuna.

I have a cat like that too - she is such a finicky eater. She only eats cat food. No tuna.

badger
11/17/2007, 10:23 PM
That had to be the worst garbage ever. Why do I, the housewife (with a full time job, lol) take out the garbage every weekend?! Just picture kitty litter and scorched noodles combined together, along with the onions he made for his work's thanksgiving dinner.

The cat is now keeping moderate distance, which means it's waiting for me to dish up food so it can get its fair share... what, that empty tuna can that you licked for a half hour while nudging it around the kitchen floor wasn't good enough for you, huh?!

Seriously, if you have a cat, try that sometime. It is very cute, especially when it's all over and the cat has a tuna nose.

In conclusion, I have to work at 7 a.m. tomorrow (therefore, must get up at 6 a.m.) and the only way I am going to sleep well is if something that I won't mention on this thread goes well. Come on... something!

SWFloridaSooner
11/17/2007, 10:25 PM
I don't have a cat but I have a dog. His name is Roy Williams.

soonercody
11/17/2007, 10:25 PM
I can eat a whole skillet full of tuna helper.

badger
11/17/2007, 10:37 PM
Ugggggg... time for another update.

My cat can now detect the she-devil horns appearing, so it is keeping its distance, despite the presence of tuna and ice cream/root beer fun. The tuna helper, btw, looks awful but takes edible, so I am chewing it with much intensity.

My cat acts amazingly like NP (who, if you're new here, is NormanPride, my husband, look at my sig), so it is funny to point out that guys always seem to know when they should just stay the eff away from a girl.

1- That time of the month.
2- When they do something wrong, like go with buddies to a big sandy area of Texas and leave their wives behind
3- During moments like this.

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHH!

But on a positive note, nothing helps the taste buds like a root beer float. If you just want to make it a beer float at this point, please post the recipe.

proudsoonergal
11/17/2007, 10:41 PM
My dog seems pretty pooped - she is laying on her side, zonked out. It's pretty cute. She'd probably perk up if I gave her tuna, though. :)

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2007, 10:51 PM
Oh, I definitely think that OU can come back and win this game.

StoopTroup
11/17/2007, 10:53 PM
Why isn't there a Michelin Woman?

badger
11/17/2007, 10:55 PM
Oh, I definitely think that OU can come back and win this game.
to quote an infamous youtube, god d@mmit, leroy. How are you supposed to take your mind off that if you keep mentioning it?

****ing **********.

Ok, now my mind is clear again.

I've stopped eating the tuna because I'm starting to feel sick. No diagnosis yet whether it was because of my botched cooking job or because of alternate reasons.

In any event, I just received Super Mario Galaxy in the mail from Gamefly and am seriously considering trying it out... tomorrow. If I play any video games tonight, it'll be Phoenix Wright on DS, so I can continue watching... something else.

sooner518
11/17/2007, 10:57 PM
the girl and all the friends left. now i wish i had gotten some Sonic earlier so that I would now be in a food coma

sammmo
11/17/2007, 10:58 PM
my cat pukes tuna and I only bought enough brew to get me to 10:30. Is there a tuna break-in program for cats?

AllAboutThe'O'
11/17/2007, 11:01 PM
My friend, a Nebraska fan, wants to have a late-night snack at Denny's after the game. Count me in.

SWFloridaSooner
11/17/2007, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty close to a food and rum coma. I've been ignoring my phone for the last hour. Anybody have a good hang over remedy for tomorrow?

badger
11/17/2007, 11:12 PM
I done. This tuna helper is making me feel terrible. Night, everyone :(

Boomer Sooner anyways :)

Chuck Bao
11/18/2007, 12:38 AM
I don’t know about the tuna helper, but I bring my baby kitten cat home from the hospital today and this is what I get:

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/lucknov9075.jpg

Piware
11/18/2007, 12:59 AM
I have a cat like that too - she is such a finicky eater. She only eats cat food. No tuna.

I have twin Siamese brothers, Stoops and Switzer. Stoops has been pretty stoic all evening and Switzer has been trying to persuade the parakeet to open the door on the cage for a little "fly over" to release his anxiety.

When I simply could not watch another minute and turned to Bob and Merv the kitties moves on to other things. With 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter it occured to me that Braums was still open and a Butter Pecan Mix would do the trick.

I now have such a sugar buzz I will probably either (a) stay up all night or (b) pass out from insulin overload. However it turns out I can take 12 hours off and be rational about the loss by approximately 8:00 a.m. tomorrow - if the paper boy is on time. Good night all - we Sooners will live to win again another day, just not today. MARCH ON!