PDA

View Full Version : Lou Holthz

BoomerSoonerSchooner
11/17/2007, 12:55 AM
His pep talk has ruined college football for me. He just did his talk to Notre Dame, he didn't have a problem talking about his former team just because he loves 'em too much. But one thing stuck out in my mind, "But today we can take the first step towards a championship, a national championship." Lou, last time I checked, ND was 1-9.

Can we hope that Lou is gone next season? That's my Christmas wish right there.

A Sooner in Texas
11/17/2007, 01:20 AM
QUOTE=BoomerSoonerSchooner]His pep talk has ruined college football for me. He just did his talk to Notre Dame, he didn't have a problem talking about his former team just because he loves 'em too much. But one thing stuck out in my mind, "But today we can take the first step towards a championship, a national championship." Lou, last time I checked, ND was 1-9.

Can we hope that Lou is gone next season? That's my Christmas wish right there.[/QUOTE]

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~tjnagridge/images/desktoppictures/grinch.jpg

Are you the Grinth??

:D

rufnek05
11/17/2007, 01:32 AM
His lisp cracks me up. His pep talk is pretty much the worst part of college football live. but its funny. by the end of his rant he can barely talk. senile old man.

SCOUT
11/17/2007, 01:50 AM
His pep talk has ruined college football for me. He just did his talk to Notre Dame, he didn't have a problem talking about his former team just because he loves 'em too much.
I was thinking it sounded an awful lot like a recruiting speach. Isn't a booster shilling for their university an NCAA violation?

goingoneight
11/17/2007, 02:01 AM
True, but Notre Dame is safe from the NCAA. :O

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/17/2007, 02:25 AM
Amen on #4 and #5 above.

Crucifax Autumn
11/17/2007, 02:57 AM
That speech was retarded. He's a dumbass.

And I too agree with #4 & 5 above!

peanous
11/17/2007, 03:31 AM
the one he did for O-state was gold!

Crucifax Autumn
11/17/2007, 04:23 AM
perhaps, but can't we just beat him to death?

MarylandSooner
11/17/2007, 07:10 AM
I think ESPN looks at Lou as a comedy act just like we perceive him, so they look forward to laughing at him every week just like we do.

Dr. Jelly Finger
11/17/2007, 09:58 AM
If you want to be happy for a day, then buy yourthelf a stheak.

If you want to be happy for 3 dayth, then buy yourthelf a car.

If you want be happy for a week, then take a cruith.

If you want to be happy for a lifetime, then win yourthelf a championthip at Notre Dame.

Leth's Go....

How can you not crack up at this stuff? Each week gives me more and more material to laugh at for the next 6 days. His humor, intended or not, is why I say keep Holthz forever.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/17/2007, 10:02 AM
If youth thqueeze an oranthe youth get oranthe juithe

StoopTroup
11/17/2007, 10:39 AM
Lou will eventually get inducted to the College Football HOF for his Sportscasting.

He is amazing...:D

r5TPsooner
11/17/2007, 10:41 AM
If you want to be happy for a day, then buy yourthelf a stheak.

If you want to be happy for 3 dayth, then buy yourthelf a car.

If you want be happy for a week, then take a cruith.

If you want to be happy for a lifetime, then win yourthelf a championthip at Notre Dame.

Leth's Go....

How can you not crack up at this stuff? Each week gives me more and more material to laugh at for the next 6 days. His humor, intended or not, is why I say keep Holthz forever.

Ha! Win a championship at Notre Dame? How bout a game first.

Dr. Jelly Finger
11/17/2007, 11:03 AM
Ha! Win a championship at Notre Dame? How bout a game first.

I know.

There may be a national blackout today with everyone TIVO'ing the Irish and Blue Devils in an epic battle of 1 - 9 teams. NBC is getting what they deserve this year for selling out to the Domers. D-Bags.

AzianSooner
11/17/2007, 11:14 AM
So You want Lou's pep talk or Mark May's pep talk?

Blues1
11/17/2007, 11:26 AM
I could be the Only guy on here that actually likes Lou Holtz - Yea - I hated losing to him in The Orange Bowl and I really dislike Norte Dame, But as a Human Being I believe the man has a good heart...How many skinnig ,under weight kids become a head coach of 5 major College football programs...?

Just Sayin' - Rock on'

Dr. Jelly Finger
11/17/2007, 11:31 AM
I could be the Only guy on here that actually likes Lou Holtz - Yea - I hated losing to him in The Orange Bowl and I really dislike Norte Dame, But as a Human Being I believe the man has a good heart...How many skinnig ,under weight kids become a head coach of 5 major College football programs and leave them on probation...?

Just Sayin' - Rock on'

Not fixed, just amended. I agree that Granny Clampitt has a good heart, but sometimes the glass can't hold enough water with his sunshine pumping.

AverageJoe
11/17/2007, 11:35 AM
I forget the guy from Nebraska that got fired before Holtz took over. What was his name? I also forget what he did to get fired.

AJ

birddog
11/17/2007, 11:37 AM
some of you all take this stuff way too seriously. he's just an old dude on a football show.

how would you all like to be entertained? i'd like to stare at rick renner's hair on fox sports.

Charla
11/17/2007, 11:37 AM
I think even "TouchDown Jesus" asked if he cold be relocated.

badger
11/17/2007, 11:39 AM
So basically, they gave Lou a job that people love him doing. It creates funny YouTube clips and we're all talking about it now.

It doesn't matter what he says, it's d@mn funny. Whether it's his getup, his speech or the way he speaks, it's good television and odds are, we'll all be talking about the one he does for Ku/Mizz next week (although, I would be fine with another Okie St. pep talk - it didn't help them at all, tee hee)

AverageJoe
11/17/2007, 11:42 AM
I think even "TouchDown Jesus" asked if he cold be relocated.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Nice

AJ

Dr. Jelly Finger
11/17/2007, 11:45 AM
If youth thqueeze an oranthe youth get oranthe juithe

And if they thqueeze you, they get a winner, cauth thath's what ya are....

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

okienole3
12/1/2007, 09:59 AM
I have heard that nobody at ESPN likes Lou because he doesn't do his research and steals other people's arguments.

This is by far the worst segment ESPN has ever come up with. This is a bold statement, but I think it is worse than "Who's Now"