PDA

View Full Version : Dixon played with torn ACL

kelloggOUballa
11/16/2007, 08:13 PM
The quarterback tore his anterior cruciate ligament during Oregon's Nov. 3 victory over Arizona State, according to coach Mike Bellotti, but he had rested it and felt like he was ready to play Thursday night against the Wildcats.

from ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3115013)

Dixon to have surgery on left knee

Associated Press

Dennis Dixon will have surgery on the left knee that buckled early in second-ranked Oregon's upset loss to Arizona, costing the Ducks a shot at the national championship and likely his hopes for the Heisman Trophy.

The quarterback tore his anterior cruciate ligament during Oregon's Nov. 3 victory over Arizona State, according to coach Mike Bellotti, but he had rested it and felt like he was ready to play Thursday night against the Wildcats.

Dixon will miss the rest of this season.

The versatile Dixon was one of the front-runners for the coveted Heisman Trophy after he put the Ducks in line for the national title. Oregon had started the season unranked and was picked to finish sixth in the Pacific-10 Conference.

Thursday night's 34-24 loss to the unranked Wildcats knocked the Ducks (8-2, 5-2) out of the national title picture. Oregon was ranked behind LSU and ahead of Oklahoma and undefeated Kansas.

Dixon's left knee crumbled as he tried to plant on an option carry with about five minutes to go in the first quarter against Arizona (5-6, 4-4).

peanous
11/16/2007, 08:19 PM
sounds to me the training staff was pretty stupid or Belotti wanted to win at all costs. Even if it was at the expense of a young mans ACL

SoonerMom2
11/16/2007, 08:23 PM
sounds to me the training staff was pretty stupid or Belotti wanted to win at all costs. Even if it was at the expense of a young mans ACL

Probably a little of both. No way should Dixon have even tried to start that game. Did they say if he practiced after the ASU game?

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 08:30 PM
Should of had surgery Nov 4th, if this article is correct. What does this say about Belotti? I'm glad we got bob.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 08:32 PM
Its possible to play with a torn acl...one mr bobby stoops played with one..Other qbs have played with one..

if you see Dixon on that 39 yard TD run, he looked plenty healthy to be playing but you cant change directions like he did on the play where he went down.

peanous
11/16/2007, 08:35 PM
u probably shouldn't be playing on it if you are a qb like Dixon. all the cutting and moving he does. That was asking for trouble

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 08:38 PM
u probably shouldn't be playing on it if you are a qb like Dixon. all the cutting and moving he does. That was asking for trouble

Its definitely takes away 1/2 your game. And he had to know it would be a matter of time before he went down.

badger
11/16/2007, 08:41 PM
you must admit... with all the investing phil knight's doing, they are des-per-ate for a title out in duck country. forcing a mobile qb to keep playing with a torn acl is definitely a little extreme.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 08:42 PM
you must admit... with all the investing phil knight's doing, they are des-per-ate for a title out in duck country. forcing a mobile qb to keep playing with a torn acl is definitely a little extreme.

Dixon with torn acl 100 times better than brady leaf..

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 08:46 PM
what's the big deal? If it was torn before the game it's just as torn today. It won't heal itself.

trey
11/16/2007, 08:49 PM
i don't think it's a big deal either. jason white came back in the game at nebraska in '01 with a torn acl.

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 08:52 PM
i don't think it's a big deal either. jason white came back in the game at nebraska in '01 with a torn acl.

Yeah, but he did not come back and play the next week!

peanous
11/16/2007, 08:53 PM
Shut up 1TC! :D

josh09
11/16/2007, 08:54 PM
from ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3115013)

Dixon to have surgery on left knee

Associated Press

Dennis Dixon will have surgery on the left knee that buckled early in second-ranked Oregon's upset loss to Arizona, costing the Ducks a shot at the national championship and likely his hopes for the Heisman Trophy.

Dixon will miss the rest of this season.

The versatile Dixon was one of the front-runners for the coveted Heisman Trophy after he put the Ducks in line for the national title. Oregon had started the season unranked and was picked to finish sixth in the Pacific-10 Conference.

Thursday night's 34-24 loss to the unranked Wildcats knocked the Ducks (8-2, 5-2) out of the national title picture. Oregon was ranked behind LSU and ahead of Oklahoma and undefeated Kansas.

Dixon's left knee crumbled as he tried to plant on an option carry with about five minutes to go in the first quarter against Arizona (5-6, 4-4).

Man, thats a shame.

trey
11/16/2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah, but he did not come back and play the next week!

and the difference is????

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 09:05 PM
and the difference is????

The difference is, OU coaches were not selfish enough to play him and risk further injury. They had JW's health in mind.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 09:08 PM
Bob would have rubbed some 'tussin on it.

badger
11/16/2007, 09:11 PM
Dixon with torn acl 100 times better than brady leaf..
true dat.

peanous
11/16/2007, 09:15 PM
Oregon-Dixon=roasted duck

snp
11/16/2007, 09:18 PM
forcing a mobile qb to keep playing with a torn acl is definitely a little extreme.

Dixon convinced the coaches and staff that he could play; no body forced him to play.

peanous
11/16/2007, 09:26 PM
oh good SNP is here. :rolleyes:

SoonersWillRoll
11/16/2007, 09:28 PM
Like Dixon...great athlete. Give him credit for giving it everything.

Hate Belloti.

Duck fans are cool...went to Autzen last year and grabbed a buzz in the men's room at halftime.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 09:29 PM
grabbed a buzz in the men's room at halftime.
does this involve a "wide stance"?

trey
11/16/2007, 09:31 PM
The difference is, OU coaches were not selfish enough to play him and risk further injury. They had JW's health in mind.

there is no further injury. if it's torn, it's torn. there is nothing else that can happen. jason had surgery to get ready for the '02 season. dixon didn't care about next year. he is a senior and wanted to win now. my hat is off to him. one more thing, he looked pretty good on that 39 yard td run.

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 09:33 PM
there is no further injury. if it's torn, it's torn. there is nothing else that can happen. jason had surgery to get ready for the '02 season. dixon didn't care about next year. he is a senior and wanted to win now. my hat is off to him. one more thing, he looked pretty good on that 39 yard td run.

Are you part of the AMA?

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 09:38 PM
Are you part of the AMA?
what else can you do to a torn ACL?

I have one and have never had surgery to fix it. I have spoken to a few orthos about it. They saw no need in me having the surgery.

peanous
11/16/2007, 09:38 PM
they had no idea he tore his ACL! they never bothered having that looked at. they took his word for it. They really had no choice after last night.
Now smart guy if there is no risk for further injury why dent he finish the game? why isn't he playing next week? hmmmm

peanous
11/16/2007, 09:39 PM
At least is didn't cramp your dancing style 1TC

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 09:40 PM
because when it first happens your knee is very unstable.

peanous
11/16/2007, 09:43 PM
great avatar, where you find it?

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 09:46 PM
that's my girlfriend and my cousin. She emailed it to me.

Also when I tore my ACL the part of the ligament was caught in the joint. I couldn't straighten my leg out all the way for about a week.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 09:47 PM
Wuss.

I tore my aorta and had to go to work the next day.

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 09:48 PM
what else can you do to a torn ACL?

I have one and have never had surgery to fix it. I have spoken to a few orthos about it. They saw no need in me having the surgery.

I guess you are currently playing football? C'mon

badger
there is definitely a precedent for dropping teams in the rankings after they lose a star, even if they don't lose a game (see OU in 2005 post-idiot).

this was oregon's chance... or was it belotti's... their (his) best chance to win a title, get a big fat check of job security, a blingish ring and a little bit easier recruiting trail in tree hugger country despite ugly uniforms!

...ok, so that's a stretch. but it's something to keep in mind. coaches lose players in four or five years no matter what but a championship... hey, now THERE is something that goes on a resume nicely when you're negotiating a new contract!

stupid ducks. I suddenly have the urge to play old school NES with the zapper.

peanous
which one is your girlfriend ?

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 09:49 PM
you're getting your aorta and your vulva confused again.

;)

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 09:50 PM

Nope. I was in the military getting ready to go to Iraq.

Would you like me to scan the MRI results and post them for you?
:rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 09:51 PM
you're getting your aorta and your vulva confused again.

;)
I know you like to think of it as "my" vulva, but as long as it's part of your body, you are responsible for it.;)

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 09:54 PM
I know you like to think of it as "my" vulva, but as long as it's part of your body, you are responsible for it.;)

:D

cvsooner
11/16/2007, 09:59 PM
According to the Eugene Register-Guard:

University of Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon went from being the Heisman Trophy front-runner to seeing his college football career end when his knee crumpled during Thursday night’s loss to Arizona.

Dixon completely tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee in Oregon’s win over Arizona State on Nov. 3, and convinced Oregon’s coaches and doctors to let him try and play against Arizona. Dixon wore a brace as the Ducks tried to maintain their No. 2 position in the Bowl Championship standings, and appeared to be near full strength on an early touchdown run. But the senior dropped to the turf when the knee buckled on a scramble attempt nine minutes into the game. The Ducks led 8-7 at that point, but lost 34-24 and watched their hopes of a national title evaporate.

Dixon will now have season-ending surgery, ending his UO career. That was the word on a conference call featuring UO coach Mike Bellotti and team physician Dr. Bob Crist Friday evening. Dixon convinced the staff to keep the severity of his injury from the public and even his teammates. Doctors had been encouraged by the lack of swelling, and Dixon practiced despite the injury.

I'm no fan of Belotti's, but I don't think he's the villain here. Last chance at a Heisman, a national title...and he had on a brace. He was doing okay until that play...

Still stinks for him, though. My hat's off to him for trying to play with such a severe injury. Compare him to Chris Simms, for example.

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 09:59 PM
Nope. I was in the military getting ready to go to Iraq.

Would you like me to scan the MRI results and post them for you?
:rolleyes:

Pics?

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 10:02 PM
you're not really defending your position that something more can be done to a torn ACL if you play on it.

jwlynn64
11/16/2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Chirs should have stayed in the game after his spleen was ruptured. It was already ruptured, what else could happen to it! ;)

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 10:10 PM
What's torn is torn. My positon had nothing to do with the torn ACL.

85sooners
11/16/2007, 10:11 PM
:pop:

peanous
11/16/2007, 10:11 PM
I tore my sack once, couldn't continue to play

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 10:14 PM
What's torn is torn. My positon had nothing to do with the torn ACL.

So your position is that something other than the ACL can be hurt if someone plays football with a torn ACL.

Is that what your position is?

badger
11/16/2007, 10:23 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6128/headedvn0.jpg

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 10:27 PM

so you are?

GottaHavePride
11/16/2007, 10:29 PM
So your position is that something other than the ACL can be hurt if someone plays football with a torn ACL.

That makes perfect sense to me. There are three big ligaments in the knee, right? ACL, MCL, and another, I think.

So if the ACL is no longer there to carry any load, the other ligaments have to carry a lot more strain than usual, meaning it is much easier to tear another ligament in your knee if you try playing on a torn ACL.

Why is this still an argument?

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 10:30 PM
people have played with torn ligaments in the past. 1TC has a point. Its even happened at OU

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 10:31 PM

My positon is that you have atleast 12,000 posts.. Nothing I write will be worthy of good conversation, but thats OK because my life does not revolve around living on this board. Although I have been posting here since 2001 ,this board is still the same. If you don't get it, you are doomed for riducule. For what it's worth, if don't have a life get one. If you can't get one, find a hooker and live out your dream.:(

r5TPsooner
11/16/2007, 10:32 PM
Dixon convinced the coaches and staff that he could play; no body forced him to play.

Maybe, but as a coach you have to use some common sense and think of a players future as well as your own reputation. There is no way in hell he should have played unless they used him to drop back pass or as a decoy and handed the ball off to the RB every time they did the zone read.

Very stupid IMHO.

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 10:33 PM
Maybe, but as a coach you have to use some common sense and think of a players future as well as your own reputation. There is no way in hell he should have played unless they used him to drop back pass or as a decoy and handed the ball off to the RB every time they did the zone read.

Very stupid IMHO.

we did it with Jason White.

r5TPsooner
11/16/2007, 10:34 PM

And it was stupid IMHO.

badger
11/16/2007, 10:35 PM
My positon is that you have atleast 12,000 posts.. Nothing I write will be worthy of good conversation, but thats OK because my life does not revolve around living on this board. Although I have been posting here since 2001 ,this board is still the same. If you don't get it, you are doomed for riducule. For what it's worth, if don't have a life get one. If you can't get one, find a hooker and live out your dream.:(
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1954/wtfcoalemb0.jpg
d00d, just have fun, man. no need to question what an acl entails... and really, he's not even our quarterback and that team isn't even our opponent.

sit back, enjoy a good ol' friday night post-a-thon. there's a football game in 30 minutes. that should suffice :D

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 10:35 PM
The "you have no life" card has been played.

The man lost his ACL. And now your ridicule his pathetic life?

badger
11/16/2007, 10:36 PM
The "you have no life" card has been played.

The man lost his ACL. And now your ridicule his pathetic life?
speaking of, what have you done with soonerus?

(that was joke, btw)

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 10:37 PM
And it was stupid IMHO.

fair enough but it happens all the time. We played White with messed up knee, Hybl with a broken collar bone, Heupel with a ruptured bursa sac, Calmus with broken bones, etc..

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 10:38 PM
speaking of, what have you done with soonerus?

(that was joke, btw)
I missed whatever happened.

badger
11/16/2007, 10:38 PM
I missed whatever happened.
sorry, I am under the misconception that every time he disappears, it is your fault.:cool:

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 10:40 PM
people have played with torn ligaments in the past. 1TC has a point. Its even happened at OU

Uuuh. Lately! Meaning under Bob Stoops era?

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 10:41 PM
sorry, I am under the misconception that every time he disappears, it is your fault.:cool:
I believe olevet and KC//Crimson do the honors these days.;)

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 10:44 PM
Uuuh. Lately! Meaning under Bob Stoops era?

uuuh. Yes

kelloggOUballa
11/16/2007, 10:48 PM
In no situation, whether it be in high school, college, or the NFL, should a player be allowed to play with a torn ACL. It is NOT the player's call. See AD, last year. He would have played way before the Fiesta Bowl if he could have. Difference is, our coaches have brains, they are not dumba**es.

Jacie
Watching Dixon on that first drive, he looked unstoppable. He seemed physically superior to any of the Wildcat players. His fake handoffs and delays confused the Arizona defense into making mistakes. That fourth down play that he ran 39 yards for a touchdown was brilliantly executed and I thought the ducks were going to have their way with the cats all night long.

However, on the play where he had to slide down the line, plant his foot and change direction the nature of his injury became clear. It was much like the movie version of Friday Night Lights when Boobie tried to play. He was able to run straight ahead but couldn't make a cut to save his life. And in another eery parallel to FNL, Erin Andrews intimated that Dixon mislead the trainers just as Boobie did saying he was ready to play. There was pressure on Dixon to play this game, from where we don't know. Dixon knew his leg wasn't right but he tried to make it happen anyway. The ducks aren't the same team without him though.

TMcGee86
I guess I take back what I said about him being a wuss last night.

though I only said it becuase I knew he was lying. The whole "twisted knee" bs was just ridiculous.

sucks for him, hope he has a full recovery.

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 10:49 PM

Well, maybe for a half, but not for a game. These kids are counting on coaches to help them, not hurt them.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 10:50 PM
Difference is, our coaches have brains, they are not dumba**es.
You are hereby invited to a game thread tomorrow night to witness other viewpoints.:D

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 10:51 PM
In no situation, whether it be in high school, college, or the NFL, should a player be allowed to play with a torn ACL. It is NOT the player's call. See AD, last year. He would have played way before the Fiesta Bowl if he could have. Difference is, our coaches have brains, they are not dumba**es.

I think our coaches our great but we've done the exact same thing with our QB's
White's knee, Hybl's collarbone, Heupel's elbow concussions. Heck right now were worried if English can have surgery on his ankle and play 5 days later.

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 10:54 PM

pretty sure Bob played with a torn ACL at Iowa one season

just sayin

badger
11/16/2007, 10:54 PM
You are hereby invited to a game thread tomorrow night to witness other viewpoints.:D
Choose your token coaching insult lines from the official list below:

-Why are we running the ball so d@mn much?
-They should have throw a touchdown to the tight end!
-STOP RUNNING THE BALL ALL THE TIME!
-Malcolm Kelly was wide open again!
-Should have run around the outside instead of up the middle
-We should fire Venables and hire Mike Stoops back.
-Kevin Wilson is too predictable, bring back Chuck 3rd and Long!
-STOP RUNNING UP THE MIDDLE!

So, there you have it. Say a few of those one liners and you, too will be a real coach killer :D

...I still wish somebody would mass produce a "TRUST STOOPS" shirt with all his Sooner accomplishments on the back so you have a simple retort for these guys.

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 10:55 PM
Well, maybe for a half, but not for a game. These kids are counting on coaches to help them, not hurt them.

Heupel hurt his elbow at Baylor and played at least 3 more games. Hybl broke his collarbone and played a few games. Did you become a fan yesterday? Did you know that English broke a bone in his ankle and had surgery last week and he is might be playing this week? ( I doubt it)

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 10:56 PM

you left out

'We should go back to the Wishbone'

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 10:59 PM
uuuh. Yes

I'm not saying you are incorrect, but since you have 9,000 or so posts makes you an expert in sooner football. We are talking about players under stoops who have knowingly played with a torn ACL, etc. Please tell me the players.

usmc-sooner

-Why are we running the ball so d@mn much?
-They should have throw a touchdown to the tight end!
-STOP RUNNING THE BALL ALL THE TIME!
-Malcolm Kelly was wide open again!
-Should have run around the outside instead of up the middle
-We should fire Venables and hire Mike Stoops back.
-Kevin Wilson is too predictable, bring back Chuck 3rd and Long!
-STOP RUNNING UP THE MIDDLE!

So, there you have it. Say a few of those one liners and you, too will be a real coach killer :D

...I still wish somebody would mass produce a "TRUST STOOPS" shirt with all his Sooner accomplishments on the back so you have a simple retort for these guys.

I've called for a Coordinator's head or two. :O

badger
Heupel hurt his elbow at Baylor and played at least 3 more games. Hybl broke his collarbone and played a few games. Did you become a fan yesterday? Did you know that English broke a bone in his ankle and had surgery last week and he is might be playing this week? ( I doubt it)
There was a Miami player that once wrote in his autobiography about playing through injuries. He said that he realized that football players were just "a piece of meat. And if you couldn't play, you're a piece of s###."

These players know that if they can't play, they're going down the depth chart and will give another player a chance to potentially move up. That's motivation enough right there to what to guy out the pain and continue playing.

College football is something you can't do forever and I know NP would want to play through pain if ever given the blessing of playing Sooner football (even if I was begging him not to, tears in eyes while trying to physically hold him back). So people can act irrationally when it comes to opportunities of a lifetime. You can't necessarily fault them, can you? Would you do the same thing, if given the opportunity?

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 11:02 PM
I'm not saying you are incorrect, but since you have 9,000 or so posts makes you an expert in sooner football. We are talking about players under stoops who have knowingly played with a torn ACL, etc. Please tell me the players.

go back and read the thread, I've also listed players who have played with broken collarbones and ruptured bursa sacs.
you want me to list the players who have played with broken bones and concussions? Man I've listed it three times already. You can count my posts can you read them?

badger
11/16/2007, 11:06 PM
I'm not saying you are incorrect, but since you have 9,000 or so posts makes you an expert in sooner football.
I have more than 5,000 posts, but I'm a girl so I don't know shizzle about football outside here. Welcome to my real world, okie boy :mad:

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:09 PM
Okiewalker sure is worried about how many posts people have.

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 11:09 PM
There was a Miami player that once wrote in his autobiography about playing through injuries. He said that he realized that football players were just "a piece of meat. And if you couldn't play, you're a piece of s###."

These players know that if they can't play, they're going down the depth chart and will give another player a chance to potentially move up. That's motivation enough right there to what to guy out the pain and continue playing.

College football is something you can't do forever and I know NP would want to play through pain if ever given the blessing of playing Sooner football (even if I was begging him not to, tears in eyes while trying to physically hold him back). So people can act irrationally when it comes to opportunities of a lifetime. You can't necessarily fault them, can you? Would you do the same thing, if given the opportunity?

yes I would

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 11:12 PM
go back and read the thread, I've also listed players who have played with broken collarbones and ruptured bursa sacs.
you want me to list the players who have played with broken bones and concussions? Man I've listed it three times already. You can count my posts can you read them?

I asked, since you are the expert, to list just players that were known to be playing with torn acl's, not the bumps and bruises. If, I have to, I will read back.

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 11:14 PM
pretty sure Bob played with a torn ACL at Iowa one season

just sayin

hmmm, it was two seasons

In fact Stoops did play with a torn ACL his final two years at Iowa. And as they always say "a team reflects the personality of its coach" and I think Stoops sends a loud and clear message to his Sooners that he expects them to play as he did, through pain and through adversity, each and every game.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4182/is_20011102/ai_n10149617

badger
11/16/2007, 11:15 PM
wow, did somebody drop the hammer... the neg spek hammer :D:D:D

your attitude concerning post count is plaguing... I think I will create a lolcat icon in your honor.

Hey anyone reading... who is your least favorite coach or player? In college and in our conference, plzkthx

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 11:15 PM
Okiewalker sure is worried about how many posts people have.

Ive been here before. I know how it works. Same, ol, some ol!

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:17 PM
Ive been here before. I know how it works. Same, ol, some ol!
yep. It goes the same way every time.

Some dingaling starts equating things to a post count and gets negged to death.

Same ol, same ol.

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 11:18 PM
Ive been banned here before. I know how it works. Same, ol, some ol!

fixed it for ya

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 11:19 PM
I asked, since you are the expert, to list just players that were known to be playing with torn acl's, not the bumps and bruises. If, I have to, I will read back.

Jason White--torn ACL
Nate Hybl--Broken Collar bone
Josh Heupel--ruptured bursa sac (elbow)
Rock Calmus--broken bones (hand and leg)
Antonio Perkins --knee
Auston English--broken bone in ankle

this list is long and distinguished.

it's the same on every college roster, pro roster

knowing what's going on does not make one an expert, however not having a clue.........

badger
11/16/2007, 11:21 PM
sanantonio is good at driving people to the edge of sanity, it seems :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:22 PM
sanantonio is good at driving people to the edge of sanity, it seems :rolleyes:
I walk the fine line of reason myself;)

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 11:23 PM
wow, did somebody drop the hammer... the neg spek hammer :D:D:D

your attitude concerning post count is plaguing... I think I will create a lolcat icon in your honor.

Hey anyone reading... who is your least favorite coach or player? In college and in our conference, plzkthx

The neg spek! what is this? If I apoligize can I go green?

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 11:24 PM
Jason White--torn ACL

played in the '04 Sugar Bowl, with injuries from the big 12 champ game that required surgery in Jan. (ankle and hand I believe)

badger
11/16/2007, 11:28 PM
The neg spek! what is this? If I apoligize can I go green?
Spek is that magical thing which you don't ask about or tell about.

Oh no... I brought it up first... dang. I have displeased the football gods :(

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 11:28 PM
Jason White--torn ACL
Nate Hybl--Broken Collar bone
Josh Heupel--ruptured bursa sac (elbow)
Rock Calmus--broken bones (hand and leg)
Antonio Perkins --knee
Auston English--broken bone in ankle

this list is long and distinguished.

it's the same on every college roster, pro roster

knowing what's going on does not make one an expert, however not having a clue.........

You are reaching. Only one out of tha bunch had a torn ACL. Try again.

Jacie
11/16/2007, 11:29 PM
Scott Hill played most of his senior season knowing he'd need surgery to repair his knee. I don't remember if he was hurt before the game against Pittsburg and the famous hit that knocked Tony Dorsett out of that game but it was reported more than once during that season that he would play on his tightly wrapped knee despite the pain.

usmc-sooner
You are reaching. Only one out of tha bunch had a torn ACL. Try again.

you've got a torn brain.

OKLA21FAN
Spek is that magical thing which you don't ask about or tell about.

Oh no... I brought it up first... dang. I have displeased the football gods :(
first rule about Spek Club.....you don't talk about Spek Club

badger
11/16/2007, 11:32 PM
you've got a torn brain.
that's a terminal ailment if there ever was one :D

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 11:34 PM
you've got a torn brain.

You have failed.:mad:

badger
11/16/2007, 11:36 PM
http://transitionculture.org/wp-content/uploads/homer.jpg

usmc-sooner
11/16/2007, 11:37 PM

me and your momma both. :D

SOONER STEAKER
11/16/2007, 11:38 PM
Duck Belotti. I can'tremember what kind of a signing bonus Dixon got in baseball?

Pro baseball teams should learn a lesson here. "Don't let your high draft picks play another sport in colllege once you have them under cotract." I hope this doesn't ruin his baseball career at shortstop.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
11/16/2007, 11:51 PM

BJ Symons played with a tron ACL. After doing some research he tore it on Oct 11 vs Iowa State during a TD celbration. He only went on to throw for 5800 yards, Completed 65% of his passes and 52 TD's, pretty impressive I think.......

okiewaker
11/16/2007, 11:54 PM
me and your momma both. :D

Wow! ok.

1stTimeCaller
11/17/2007, 12:34 AM

:rolleyes: I post at work. If you'd like any more details as to my personal life, please send me a PM and I'll fill you in.

Again, you're not doing a very good job defending/promoting your opinion. You are resorting to 5th grade playground insults.

okiewaker
11/17/2007, 12:56 AM
:rolleyes: I post at work. If you'd like any more details as to my personal life, please send me a PM and I'll fill you in.

Again, you're not doing a very good job defending/promoting your opinion. You are resorting to 5th grade playground insults.

You would be familiar with 5th grade tactics. Thanks for arguing with my little fifth grade taticts all night long!!

okiewaker
11/17/2007, 01:01 AM
fixed it for ya

Nope, never been banned, but i guess soon!

GottaHavePride
11/17/2007, 01:14 AM
O deer lourde.

Look, from the reports it seems that Dixon was playing because he was hiding the extent of the injury from team trainers because he still wanted to play. Thus any arguments based on Bellotti "forcing" him to play on a torn ACL are retarded and stupid. Y'all don't make me get out my hip waders in here.

Frozen Sooner
11/17/2007, 03:56 AM
Hip waders? Aren't you allergic to water?