PDA

View Full Version : Possible all Big XII BCS championship?

8timechamps
11/16/2007, 06:50 PM
I was thinking that IF we beat an undefeated KU in the Big XII CCG, it's still possible that we could face them (or Mizzou) in a national title game.

First, I still think LSU loses one (possibly two) more games. I also think that WV will lose another game. If we are ranked #2, and beat KU (which would be ranked #1) in a close game, it's possible that KU would only drop a spot (with only one loss).

Or, Mizzou beats KU at Arrohead, loses a close game to us in the Big XII CCG, and stays at #2 (I know this is less likely to happen since Mizzou would have 2 losses).

We WILL win out and have another shot at a national title. I really don't want to play LSU at the Super Dome. If WV loses another game and Ohio State loses to Michigan, it could be an all Big XII match-up.

bringit
11/16/2007, 06:56 PM
IF we beat TT and IF we beat OSU and IF we beat MU/KU that could be a possibility.

8timechamps
11/16/2007, 07:07 PM
IF we beat TT and IF we beat OSU and IF we beat MU/KU that could be a possibility.

Have faith.

85sooners
11/16/2007, 07:11 PM
it would be nice

josh09
11/16/2007, 07:16 PM
It could happen. (especially with this year)

And that would be extremely ironic after all the crap the Big 12 has been through.

Sooner Among The Pack
11/16/2007, 07:35 PM
Since the BCS equation is 2/3 human polls, I don't think KU would stay high enough in those polls to remain #2. Don't forget about Arizona State at 9-1. The only way it would happen would be ALL of the other 1-loss teams lose between now and the Big XII CCG. And even then, it's also possible that a 2-loss Georgia could leapfrog a 1-loss KU if it beats LSU in the SEC CCG.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2007, 07:43 PM
Is this even allowed in the BCS? I thought they had some sort of clause prohibiting two teams from the same conference playing for the title.

Flagstaffsooner
11/16/2007, 07:46 PM
....and T Boone buys out the tickets in Shreveport again.

Sooner Among The Pack
11/16/2007, 07:53 PM
Is this even allowed in the BCS? I thought they had some sort of clause prohibiting two teams from the same conference playing for the title.

No. No clause exists prohibiting two teams from the same conference to play in the BCS Title Game. It's equivalent to having two teams from the same conference in the BCS all together. See: Ohio State/Michigan 2006.

Only rule: Two teams from one conference can be in the BCS bowls, no more.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/16/2007, 08:50 PM

You think that could happen? What about another one lost team? ASU? tosu just asking!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

rubyspirit
11/16/2007, 08:50 PM
I'll take ANYTHING ... don't want LSU in New Orleans.

BHud
11/16/2007, 09:25 PM
Why would we be subjected to that game twice? KU won't stay within 3 TDs.

Crucifax Autumn
11/17/2007, 03:02 AM
Again, I've been calling this as a possibility for weeks. You guys that say it's a longshot are right, but if the cards all fall right it could really happen. And if that happens and the bowls go right we could end up with 3 big 12 teams in the top 5 and 4 in the top 10...4 in the top 10 is almost assured.

And yep...I'm a homer, but what am I supposed to do? Cheer for West Vagina?