PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's 25 Greatest CF Players *cough*

Lott's Bandana
11/16/2007, 06:01 PM
Another exercise in absurdity:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3086827

Refriggindickuless...Reggie Bush? (what happens when he causes a usc "vacation"?) Charles Woodson? The only guy with 2 Heismans (Archie) not in the top-10? :confused:

ESPN should be more conscious of their role in how they influence ignorance.

As I wait for the expected overlook of the great Carlisle Industrial School Indian named Thorpe or 33% of Mrs. Selmon's brood...the blood begins to boil.

Stand by for VY, Leinart and Orenthal James...:mad:

goingoneight
11/16/2007, 10:36 PM
Well, I know VY isn't quite as smart as your average... rock... but he was something like 20-4 as a starter, and it wasn't that long ago that he was the most dominant player college football had seen in a long time.

Even though he's a Hook 'em, I would vote VY in there... and yeah... I guess maybe Reggie Bush. No on Matt Leinart. I know Leinart pwned us in the Orange Bowl and all, but I've seen much better quarterbacks and there are tons out there with better numbers as well.

Lee Roy Selmon, maybe some guys from Bud Wilkinson's streak who never lost a game, Barry Sanders, Tommy Frazier... it's not about dynasties or who made it in the NFL, it's about what they did IN COLLEGE. Hence the "college football players" title.

If they make it to numer 1 without a single Sooner, I call bullsh!t. I understand that we're not a greatest player ever factory, but who is? We have had some of the best to ever play the game here.

They should also include lineman on both sides of the ball, IMHO. Those guys can never get enough credit. More often than not, people just assume that "fat guys" are a dime a dozen, but those guys are the hardest workers on their team, bar none.

badger
11/16/2007, 10:37 PM
if macdonald isn't on that list I say we riot

sooneron
11/16/2007, 10:44 PM
I wonder where Lee Roy will come in? I would venture to guess around 8.

Breadburner
11/16/2007, 11:29 PM
Kelly Gregg should make that list......

Lott's Bandana
11/17/2007, 10:08 AM
They should also include lineman on both sides of the ball, IMHO. Those guys can never get enough credit. More often than not, people just assume that "fat guys" are a dime a dozen, but those guys are the hardest workers on their team, bar none.

Agreed.
Greg Roberts played with the Selmon's at OU and with Lee Roy in Tampa. I've never seen a more dominant O-lineman in college, and that includes Dave Rimington and Anthony Munoz. He was so fast off the ball that ABC was constantly running replays to show that he didn't commit a false start. Because of this quickness, your eye would be drawn to his block first, then shift to the wishbone going on behind him.

Harry Beanbag
11/17/2007, 10:14 AM
Bosworth should also have been on this list.

fadada1
11/17/2007, 10:21 AM
i say lee roy is around 5. top 4 will be from notre dame... probably, knowing espn. johnny lujack, rocket, hornung, angelo bertelli.

EstablishedSooner1967
11/17/2007, 11:00 AM
Well I think Boz, Sims and Vessels should be on there... but they wont and I can assure you VY will be #1.... Do you all know why Vince Young had his name tattooed on the back of his shoulders?

So when he pulls his head out of his A** he will know who he is.....

tulsaoilerfan
11/17/2007, 12:46 PM
IMO, the only sooner with a chance is Lee Roy Selmon

kelloggOUballa
11/17/2007, 01:33 PM
Jimmy Harris should be on the if Vince is

illinisooner
11/17/2007, 01:58 PM
One and a half good seasons does not mean you're the 10th best college football player of all time.

NYC Poke
11/17/2007, 02:59 PM
Bosworth should also have been on this list.

People forget how dominating he was. It's not often a linebacker gets Heisman votes.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/17/2007, 04:58 PM
Two questions:

1. Do you think OJ Simpson will make the top ten? He was a great, great back.

2. Did ESPN say anything about excluding murderers, kidnappers, and robbers from the list?

cccasooner2
11/17/2007, 05:46 PM
2. Did ESPN say anything about excluding murderers, kidnappers, and robbers from the list?

2 is not relevant to the question of CF greatest. ESPN will once again show their cowardice and do the PC thing (IMHO).

jthomasou78
11/17/2007, 07:37 PM
Well, I know VY isn't quite as smart as your average... rock... but he was something like 20-4 as a starter, and it wasn't that long ago that he was the most dominant player college football had seen in a long time.

Even though he's a Hook 'em, I would vote VY in there... and yeah... I guess maybe Reggie Bush. No on Matt Leinart. I know Leinart pwned us in the Orange Bowl and all, but I've seen much better quarterbacks and there are tons out there with better numbers as well.

Lee Roy Selmon, maybe some guys from Bud Wilkinson's streak who never lost a game, Barry Sanders, Tommy Frazier... it's not about dynasties or who made it in the NFL, it's about what they did IN COLLEGE. Hence the "college football players" title.

If they make it to numer 1 without a single Sooner, I call bullsh!t. I understand that we're not a greatest player ever factory, but who is? We have had some of the best to ever play the game here.

VY had a great senior year and thats it. his Junior year he was aweful in the RRS. We lined up 9 in the box and dared him to throw and he missed reciever after reciever. He should be no where close to this list. Ricky Williams deserves it before VY.

this was his stat line from that game.

Vince Young 8/23 86 3.7 0 0

85sooners
11/17/2007, 07:40 PM
chris weinke??

Lott's Bandana
11/17/2007, 07:50 PM
Added today 11/17:
10- VY
9- Staubach

NorthernIowaSooner
11/17/2007, 08:35 PM
i doubt lee roys on the list (although he should be) for the simple fact hes defense and woodson who was good but not the greatest and he also played offense. ive thought its kind of a lame list from the start and i dont know who voted on it but if jimmy harris or one of the burris boys or vessels isnt up there its ridiculous, for harris to never lose a game and not be one i dont see how its right, he was never recognized while in school but i think hes one of the best qbs and field generals of all time regardless of how offense has changed

King Crimson
11/17/2007, 08:40 PM
if Lee Roy isn't on the list it's just dumb.