PDA

View Full Version : OU gets Warren!

LittleWingSooner
11/16/2007, 04:50 PM
According to scout

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146#s=146&f=2446&t=1436496

badger
11/16/2007, 05:02 PM
Rival profile (http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=42534)
***** recruit! (and no, that isn't an edited word, that's five stars!)

Here's something else I found online:

I talked with Texas guard Willie Warren after Team Texas won its final game of the day this evening. Warren had 24 points in a 75-67 victory and had a nasty dunk.

He was all alone in the backcourt with the ball when he slowed down in the middle of the lane, cuffed the ball in his right hand, swung it around and did a windmill dunk.

It drew oh's and ah's even from the college coaches. By the way, Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie was in the stands (UK is also recruiting his teammate Rotnei Clarke) and Louisville assistant coach Steve Masiello was standing in the end zone.

After the game, Warren told me that he has a list of 10 schools now. Seton Hall and Connecticut are new players in the race for the 6-foot-4 guard from North Crawley High School.

He said that "schools two through eight are all the same. There's no 2 and no 8."

Warren said Oklahoma "has to be the leader right now." The Sooners have been in the thick of the race all along and several folks say that's where his mother wants him to attend.

But when asked about Louisville, Warren smiled. He said the interest from the Cardinals staff "has really picked up and I have to consider them strong because it's Rick Pitino." Warren said he took notice this week when the U of L staff was at all his games, including Pitino.

Warren also said Kentucky is not out of the mix.

"Like I said, 2 through 8 are all the same so they do have a shot," Warren said.
:D

Although, perhaps we should be worried if Pitino's in the mix. He's a snake if there ever was one :mad:

picasso
11/16/2007, 05:26 PM
Zevon? Cool! I love that wherewolves of london thing.

snp
11/16/2007, 06:56 PM
Great pickup.

Frozen Sooner
11/17/2007, 04:01 AM
Blake+Willie is a HUGE combo for the future.

King Crimson
11/17/2007, 08:12 AM
fuggin A. yawp.

GrapevineSooner
11/17/2007, 09:55 AM
DMN also confirming it (http://hs.beloblog.com/archives/2007/11/willie_warren_commits_to_ou.html).

kbsooner
11/17/2007, 10:14 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5a_wW6Zf0Qk

That is just sick...

jdsooner
11/17/2007, 10:34 AM
In your face dunk.

King Crimson
11/17/2007, 11:26 AM
if he can dunk it, he must be a player. (heh).

usmc-sooner
11/17/2007, 12:13 PM
can he play now? :D

jdsooner
11/17/2007, 12:58 PM
Number 13 recruit on Rivals:
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1617

Desert Sapper
11/17/2007, 01:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5a_wW6Zf0Qk

That is just sick...

Awesome kid moment # 35,326:

I told my oldest to come over and see Willie Warren dunk. She thought I told her to come over and watch Willie Wonka. After watching the first dunk, and the subsequent dunks at his local court, she concluded that, (and I quote) 'Willie is amazing! He can make chocolate and do that!'

Ash
11/17/2007, 01:49 PM
This is a huge pick up! Way to go Capel!

Socrefbek
11/17/2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah but can he dribble, pass and shoot? srsly!

I see he can get a charging foul and get T'd up all in one move according to that video. :rolleyes:

I am sure I'll get negged but he comes off as one of those prima donna, "I'm all that" kinda players that go play for Calipari @ Memphis State or the drunk at WVU from Cincinnati via quick stop in KState.

Hope he is a good kid and that is not representative of the majority of his game. :(

Ash
11/17/2007, 02:02 PM

I see he can get a charging foul and get T'd up all in one move according to that video. :rolleyes:

I am sure I'll get negged but he comes off as one of those prima donna, "I'm all that" kinda players that go play for Calipari @ Memphis State or the drunk at WVU from Cincinnati via quick stop in KState.

Hope he is a good kid and that is not representative of the majority of his game. :(

Actually, you pretty much nailed it.

He's very talented and a scorer, though, and the men's team needs that. Hopefully Capel can reign it in.

There's a reason Rotnei won't sign at the same school as Willie.

SleestakSooner
11/18/2007, 12:37 PM

Capel would not be interested at all in the kid if he felt strongly he wouldn't be good for the team. I will wait to form an opinion when I have seen more than ten seconds of video on the kid. The Sooners could use someone with an attitude and swagger. Who knows this kid could turn out to be OUr next Wayman.

Eielson
11/18/2007, 02:06 PM
I don't see how we can already assume that our player is a thug just from watching 10 seconds of video. If I ever could dunk on somebody like that I would've gotten excited to, that doesn't make me a bad person. Keith Clark had a lot more bad stuff to go along with him but he hasn't caused any problems and nobody here has a problem with him. It's not like we just got a JamesOn.

OSUAggie
11/18/2007, 08:17 PM
Big get for Capel.

A lot of people are saying that everyone backed off because of "attitude" problems, but I think that might be a bit of sour grapes from some and a disbelief that OU could sign him.

Whatever.

Capel can handle him, I'm sure.

Nice get to compliment the bigs.

william_brasky
11/18/2007, 08:42 PM
ooooo-eeeee!!!

we gonna be good.

Capel's da man

bring back Top Dawg!!!!!

tommieharris91
11/18/2007, 09:01 PM
FIRE JEFF CAPEL!!!

Uhhh, wrong forum...

Big Red Ron
11/19/2007, 12:17 AM

Hope he is a good kid and that is not representative of the majority of his game. :(http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/video.asp?section=bbrecruit&pkey=42534&vidtype=amp&vidid=2523

SleestakSooner
11/19/2007, 01:52 AM
thank you Ashley

OUmillenium
11/19/2007, 06:06 PM

I am sure I'll get negged but he comes off as one of those prima donna, "I'm all that" kinda players that go play for Billy Tubbs, win conference titles, and go to the Final Four.

fixed...drocket

Ash
11/20/2007, 01:57 PM
thank you Ashley

you talkin' to me? :confused:

Ash
11/20/2007, 01:59 PM
BTW, not trying to imply Warren is a bad guy. Far from it. But definitely a scorer with a scorer's mentality and in AAU ball really played this part of his game up.

birddog
11/20/2007, 02:06 PM
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/video.asp?section=bbrecruit&pkey=42534&vidtype=amp&vidid=2523

yeah, i can how someone would think he's a punk.:rolleyes:

welcome big willie!

picasso
11/21/2007, 02:44 PM
Big get for Capel.

A lot of people are saying that everyone backed off because of "attitude" problems, but I think that might be a bit of sour grapes from some and a disbelief that OU could sign him.

who said this and what school are they fans of?

oh and can't believe OU could sign a kid like that??? yeah, because we haven't been any good at basketball since the late 1970's or anything.:rolleyes:

SleestakSooner
11/22/2007, 12:07 PM
you talkin' to me? :confused:

Check link from BRR's post just above my last. Ashley was the hawt reporter!:hot:

OSUAggie
11/30/2007, 08:42 PM
who said this and what school are they fans of?

oh and can't believe OU could sign a kid like that??? yeah, because we haven't been any good at basketball since the late 1970's or anything.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Fans from Kentucky, Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Are Kansas, etc.

As far as being good since the late 70s, I don't think anybody denies that. I think people were focusing on the portion of finishing 1 game above .500 last year and being outdrawn by the women's team in a relatively big way as reasons for not being able to pull it off.

You know, **** like that.