PDA

View Full Version : Listen up vets...

Okla-homey
11/16/2007, 03:21 PM
Your Sen Inhofe introduced an amendment to Title 4, U.S.C to allow active military and veterans out of uniform to render the military salute during hoisting, lowering or passing of the US flag. It passed the Senate on July 25, 2007. (S. 1877)

OUr Mr. Boren introduced the bill in the House (H.R. 3380) on Aug. 3, 2007 and it was referred to committee (Judiciary) on the same day.

It was subsequently referred to the House sub-committe on Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties on Sept. 10, 2007.

It should pass the House easily in precisely the same form it passed the Senate. I bet GWB will sign it when it clears the House. I'll keep you posted.

:pop:

badger
11/16/2007, 03:22 PM
Your Sen Inhofe introduced an amendment to Title 4, U.S.C to allow active military and veterans out of uniform to render the military salute during hoisting, lowering or passing the flag. It passed the Senate on July 25, 2007. (S. 1877)

OUr Mr. Boren introduced the bill in the House (H.R. 3380) on Aug. 3, 2007 and it was referred to committee (Judiciary) on the same day.

It was subsequently referred to the House sub-committe on Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties on Sept. 10, 2007.

It should pass the House easily in precisely the same form it passed the Senate. I bet GWB will sign it when it clears the House. I'll keep you posted.

:pop:
ALLOW it? uh... is there anything stopping vets OR non-vets from saluting now? or if you're a hippie, salute it with one finger?

Okla-homey
11/16/2007, 03:24 PM
ALLOW it? uh... is there anything stopping vets OR non-vets from saluting now? or if you're a hippie, salute it with one finger?

The law currently states those not in uniform (veteran or never served) must uncover and place their right hand over their heart.

olevetonahill
11/16/2007, 03:29 PM
Well hell I just keep breaking the Law. Im gonna get in more trouble aint I .

badger
11/16/2007, 03:31 PM
The law currently states those not in uniform (veteran or never served) must uncover and place their right hand over their heart.
well then, for those football fans that choose NOT to take your hats off during the national anthem, you are just as bad as OJ SIMPSON!

...ok, maybe not.

...you are just as bad as OSU's Collins!

...ok, maybe not.

...Texas' Ricky Williams!

....um.

...you are not as bad as OJ, Ricky or that Poke, but you belong at their universities!

:D

Okla-homey
11/16/2007, 06:50 PM
well then, for those football fans that choose NOT to take your hats off during the national anthem, you are just as bad as OJ SIMPSON!

...ok, maybe not.

...you are just as bad as OSU's Collins!

...ok, maybe not.

...Texas' Ricky Williams!

....um.

...you are not as bad as OJ, Ricky or that Poke, but you belong at their universities!

:D

If they're within my arms reach, the damn hat comes off. Just sayin'