PDA

View Full Version : The Cheatin' Quackers were WAY overated

CitySooner
11/16/2007, 02:05 PM
I said it earlier in the week, and I stand by it today. Why did the Cluckers lose to an Arizona team with a losing record? Because they are a ONE MAN TEAM! They have nothing else. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Once Dixon went down I knew they were toast. I saw nothing that showed that they could win without him. Do you think that if Sammy went down our mighty Sooners would fold like a cheap lawn chair like the Cluckers did? NO FRICKIN' WAY! With all of our weapons on offense I am VERY confident that Halze or Kid Nichol could have come in and got the job done against that sorry Arizona defense. Yes, brothers Stoops defense is pathetic. Hell, we could have hiked the ball the rest of the night to Demarco and won easily. Yeah, I have no doubt if Dixon had not got hurt the Cluckers would have won; easily too! But a REAL championship caliber football team would have won that game last night WITHOUT their starting quarterback.

MextheBulldog
11/16/2007, 02:10 PM
But a REAL championship caliber football team would have won that game last night WITHOUT their starting quarterback. [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Dunno about that statement. OU without Bradford is a completely different team, just based on lack of experience behind him. LSU with Perrilloux is also a completely diff team. Oregon was also rolling with an injured backup QB. Imagine KU without Reesing or Mizzou without Daniel - an entirely different perception of the team is the result.

The QB position is so important. All bets are off if the starter is gone for 99% of teams out there.

AverageJoe
11/16/2007, 02:11 PM
No differant than Texas without Vince Young. But Oregon with Dixon had a good chance of winning the NC game just like Texas with Young. LSU is not invincible as we all know. I was taking the Duck in that game if they made it there. But like you said pretty much a one man team. We are pretty much all one man teams. We have at least one maybe two more losses if one of our back up QB's were playing.

AJ

tator
11/16/2007, 02:12 PM
We are an abnormally deep team. We have a competitive NCAA football team, at least 2 deep. Maybe even 3 in some posititions.

AverageJoe
11/16/2007, 02:15 PM
whoops ya beat me to it Mex

badger
11/16/2007, 02:18 PM
Everyone is overrated this season. Face it, non-conference schedules have gotten waaaaay too easy.

But... if everyone is overrated, does this mean that nobody is?

Obviously, a #1 LSU team this year is not as good as a championship team like Miami 2001, Nebraska 1995, or even, d@mmit, USC 2004 or Texas 2005. However, the skill levels are down across the board. There's no OMG teams. That's what you get when you can only offer 85 scholly's.

Blues1
11/16/2007, 02:18 PM
Without the first string Qb ALL TEAMS are vunerable....I do think Joey Hazle could pull out some wins from what I've seen....Still R'

StanberryWasIn
11/16/2007, 02:19 PM
Dunno, from what I've seen of Halzle, he's not bad. Don't think we would have as dramatic a drop off if Bradford went down (God forbid). Think the difference may be that with the switch the whole offense doesn't change for us. UO had to change from a pretty dynamic zone read to a more traditional offense, which they haven't been practicing.

Happy for the Arizona win but sorry that it happened that way. Dixon seems like a pretty good guy.

cvsooner
11/16/2007, 03:30 PM
Oregon was Texas 2005, without the defense.

peanous
11/16/2007, 04:08 PM
After last year I hope Oregon loses all its games. Dixon was that team and w/o him they are a middle of the road sorry pac 10 team

85sooners
11/16/2007, 04:19 PM
oregon is queer!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/16/2007, 04:41 PM
The Oregon Ducks are a bunch of Persian boytouchers.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 04:46 PM
They didn't FINISH

mdklatt
11/16/2007, 05:01 PM
But a REAL championship caliber football team would have won that game last night WITHOUT their starting quarterback.

Do REAL championship caliber teams fold against Colorado WITH their starting quarterback?

And exactly how did Oregon cheat?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 05:07 PM
Do REAL championship caliber teams fold against Colorado WITH their starting quarterback?

BINGO!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/16/2007, 05:09 PM
Do REAL championship caliber teams fold against KANSAS WITH their starting quarterback?

Change one little word and we are talking about OU, 1985.

Oregon did not cheat however officials empoyed by the Pac-10 basically did.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 05:11 PM
Change one little word and we are talking about OU, 1985.

Oregon did not cheat however officials empoyed by the Pac-10 basically did.

Kansas?1985?

birddog
11/16/2007, 05:21 PM
They didn't FINISH

still liking that one, huh.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/16/2007, 05:22 PM
Kansas?1985?

Correction. 85 loss was to Miami. My bad...

though OU did lose a starting QB and did pretty well that year.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 05:26 PM
Correction. 85 loss was to Miami. My bad...

though OU did lose a starting QB and did pretty well that year.

Very well..carry on:)

kelloggOUballa
11/16/2007, 05:38 PM
The Kansas loss was in the 1975 NC Season

CitySooner
11/16/2007, 05:44 PM

Ooops! Sorry, my bad. I should have phrased it, "A REAL championship team would have won that game last night IN NOVEMBER IN PRIME TIME WITH ALL THE MARBLES ON THE LINE WITH EVERYTHING TO LOSE without their starting quarterback." How's that?

And yes. The officials who CHEATED were OREGON residents (and homers no doubt).

The Maestro
11/16/2007, 05:48 PM
The Kansas loss was in 1984 when Danny Bradley went down and some greenhorn named Aikman came in a played like crap in losing to a bad Kansas team, 28-11. Damn 17 year olds! :)

mdklatt
11/16/2007, 05:49 PM
[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Ooops! Sorry, my bad. I should have phrased it, "A REAL championship team would have won that game last night IN NOVEMBER IN PRIME TIME WITH ALL THE MARBLES ON THE LINE WITH EVERYTHING TO LOSE without their starting quarterback." How's that?

Oh right, we lost in the preseason so it doesn't count. OU fans have no business calling out other teams for losing games they have no business losing when it's all on the line. :O

bstuff1979
11/16/2007, 05:57 PM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/wbennettberry/wr.jpg

While it would be reasonable to suggest that duck would have made the comeback w/ Dixon...I don't know. Bad mojo/karma (a freak no-contact injury AND Ryan Leaf on the sidelines) from Pac Ten refs had been built up to the point of making it impossible to have a Pac Ten team win the BCS title game or even appear in it.

CitySooner
11/16/2007, 05:58 PM
Oh right, we lost in the preseason so it doesn't count. OU fans have no business calling out other teams for losing games they have no business losing when it's all on the line. :O

Oh really? I got news for you pal:

OU FANS CAN HAVE ALL THE BUSINESS THEY WANT TO CALL OUT WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT ON SOONER FANS.COM! YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH DAT?

CitySooner
11/16/2007, 06:00 PM

While it would be reasonable to suggest that duck would have made the comeback w/ Dixon...I don't know. Bad mojo/karma (a freak no-contact injury AND Ryan Leaf on the sidelines) from Pac Ten refs had been built up to the point of making it impossible to have a Pac Ten team win the BCS title game or even appear in it.

One picture says it all. Sweet. ;)

birddog
11/16/2007, 06:02 PM

OU FANS CAN HAVE ALL THE BUSINESS THEY WANT TO CALL OUT WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT ON SOONER FANS.COM! YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH DAT?

you're a pesky fella.

birddog
11/16/2007, 06:03 PM

that's pretty cool.

any new paintings?

cvsooner
11/16/2007, 06:12 PM

With Dixon healthy, there would have been no comeback. I think the Ducks woulda torched 'em, the way they moved the ball on the first three drives.

bstuff1979
11/16/2007, 06:39 PM
that's pretty cool.

any new paintings?

as a matter of fact, yes:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n172/wbennettberry/supermanpainting.jpg

Not finished yet, that's clear to see. TRRW's jersey is just a little difficult to paint, as will be chrissy's. You can see chrissy's hand is just blocked in. I'm thinking of giving him a limp wrist.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 06:59 PM
My grandpa fought in the war so stupid threads like this could be posted.

Stoop Dawg
11/16/2007, 08:01 PM
The dude is a little over the top, for sure, but I think his point is still valid. Oregon is (was?) a one-man team. I can't think of a single player on any of OUs recent teams that OU simply could not win without, especially against a .500 team. We lost AD for several games each of the last two seasons and actually played better.

I'm not dissing Oregon, it's fine and dandy to have a one-man team as long as that one man can take you all the way. It really is too bad Dixon got hurt (no sarcasm), but it is what it is, and Oregon is not the #2 team in the country without him. Probably not even top 10.

P.S. I don't think that OU is the #2 team in the country either, and will likely lose this weekend to TTech. But we don't rely on one player for all of our success. Never have.

SleestakSooner
11/16/2007, 08:40 PM
My grandpa fought in the war so stupid threads like this could be posted.

My friends and family are fighting in a war so that stupid threads like this could be monitored by your gubment.

soonerboomer93
11/16/2007, 08:41 PM
they were completely different yes, but Stewart also got hurt late in the game (before they scored their last td)

that also had an effect on it

CitySooner
11/16/2007, 08:53 PM
P.S. I don't think that OU is the #2 team in the country either, and will likely lose this weekend to TTech. But we don't rely on one player for all of our success. Never have.

Will likely lose? I guess to some of you guys our mighty Sooners must really suck. Will likely lose? I think they 'will likely win'! If we lose to Tech then we are not worthy of being a champion, BUT UNTIL WE DO I WILL TALK THE TALK AND HAVE FAITH THAT OUR BOYS WILL WALK THE WALK ALL THE WAY TO THE BIG STINKY!
BOOMER SOONER BABY!

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 09:01 PM
Losing the player in the middle of a game is different than just not having the player for a game. If Oregon had game planned without Dixon it would have been different.

And it's the style of play that made Dixon so valuable. You can't coach what he can do and you can't get a guy to do it in his place. UT has found that out.

It's hilarious to follow a game thread and have people whine about all the weaknesses in OU's game and yet it's all the OTHER teams that are over rated.

ebay must have a deal on crimson goggles.

badger
11/16/2007, 10:21 PM

eh... just like sanantwan's dad fought in the war with a purpose, I created these with a purpose in mind:
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/7265/hillarylolnoobsr2.jpg
(ok, so that last one was Mixer's)
In conclusion...
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5448/shushqy5.jpg
:D

sooneron
11/16/2007, 10:53 PM
I lost like, 17 iq points somewhere on this thread.

Jacie
11/16/2007, 11:03 PM
Losing the player in the middle of a game is different than just not having the player for a game. If Oregon had game planned without Dixon it would have been different.

And it's the style of play that made Dixon so valuable. You can't coach what he can do and you can't get a guy to do it in his place. UT has found that out.

Do you remember that game in Dallas when a kid named Jason White had to come in for OUr injured quarterback? All he did was take the team downfield for a touchdown. I think Oklahoma won that game.

Could we win a road night game on national television against an underdog that had an off week to prepare and they were playing like they had nothing to lose if Bradford went down in the first quarter? I think OUr Plan B quarterback with the first team offense still in the game would look better than Leaf II did versus AZ.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:07 PM
Do you remember that game in Dallas when a kid named Jason White had to come in for OUr injured quarterback? All he did was take the team downfield for a touchdown. I think Oklahoma won that game.

Could we win a road night game on national television against an underdog that had an off week to prepare and they were playing like they had nothing to lose if Bradford went down in the first quarter? I think OUr Plan B quarterback with the first team offense still in the game would look better than Leaf II did versus AZ.
So, all you are saying is that a really good team will always have a future heisman winner as a back up QB?

Jacie
11/16/2007, 11:10 PM
I'm a pragmatist. I go with what works.

badger
11/16/2007, 11:11 PM
So, all you are saying is that a really good team will always have a future heisman winner as a back up QB?
i think that's exactly what he's saying... hey Iceman Nichol... wanna Heisman?

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:12 PM
So which of our backup QBs will win the heisman?

Breadburner
11/16/2007, 11:14 PM
It has been confirmed....Citysooner is not the sharpest tool in the shed.....

nmsooner
11/16/2007, 11:18 PM
How about let's thank brother Stoops and win out the rest of the way!!! I want to see us finish it out!!

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:19 PM
How about let's thank brother Stoops and win out the rest of the way!!! I want to see us finish it out!!
I'm glad you registered to share this revelation:D

badger
11/16/2007, 11:29 PM
I'm glad you registered to share this revelation:D
be nice... he's new... or perhaps, he's a banned user who's trying to start over fresh :O

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:31 PM
I was nice.

Even though I've seen 3 first time posters tonight. :D

badger
11/16/2007, 11:43 PM
thread killer ;)

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:47 PM
when was the last time you had something nice to say about me?

;)

FirstandGoal
11/17/2007, 12:06 AM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/SGryffindor/ThreadDirection.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
11/17/2007, 03:27 AM
Ha! Good stuff!

I know you weren't asking me, but I sure don't remember any time at all! :P ;)

badger
11/17/2007, 11:32 AM

;)
all my niceties for san antonio people are used up on m husband and the in-laws :D

Stoop Dawg
11/17/2007, 12:09 PM
It's hilarious to follow a game thread and have people whine about all the weaknesses in OU's game and yet it's all the OTHER teams that are over rated.

ebay must have a deal on crimson goggles.

You read game threads? No wonder you're so jaded.

tulsaoilerfan
11/17/2007, 12:42 PM
The Kansas loss was in the 1975 NC Season
Don't forget 84 at Lawrence when that Aikman guy had to start for Danny Bradley

Sooner24
11/17/2007, 06:42 PM

If Leaf hadn't been hurt too that might be a valid argument.

Vegas Vic
11/17/2007, 09:01 PM
But a REAL championship caliber football team would have won that game last night WITHOUT their starting quarterback. [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

If OU loses tonight, let's see how many people make excuses for Bradford being knocked out of the game. You can't have it both ways.

Vegas Vic
11/18/2007, 03:12 AM
Do you think that if Sammy went down our mighty Sooners would fold like a cheap lawn chair like the Cluckers did? NO FRICKIN' WAY! With all of our weapons on offense I am VERY confident that Halze or Kid Nichol could have come in and got the job done

We're still waiting to hear CitySooner's thoughts on the OU/TT game.

duckfan35
11/18/2007, 04:25 AM
can you say "karma"?

SoonerKnight
11/18/2007, 05:02 AM
can you say "karma"?

can you say goodbye?

MextheBulldog
11/19/2007, 01:10 PM
Without the first string Qb ALL TEAMS are vunerable....I do think Joey Hazle could pull out some wins from what I've seen....Still R'

This thread haunted me on Saturday night....

birddog
11/19/2007, 01:24 PM
can you say "karma"?

yes. and you have enough to last a lifetime.

nautiduck
11/19/2007, 07:06 PM
Ooops! Sorry, my bad. I should have phrased it, "A REAL championship team would have won that game last night IN NOVEMBER IN PRIME TIME WITH ALL THE MARBLES ON THE LINE WITH EVERYTHING TO LOSE without their starting quarterback." How's that?

Wow, is that ever ironic. Quack :)

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 08:40 PM
To be fair, he didn't explicitly claim that OU was a "REAL championship team" either. ;)

BoomerGirl34
11/19/2007, 08:44 PM
It has been confirmed....Citysooner is not the sharpest tool in the shed.....

One taco shy of a combination platter. :eek: