PDA

View Full Version : Why Arizona won last night ...

landrun
11/16/2007, 01:32 PM
This game was on the 'big stage'.

The whole country was watching the game on Thrusday night, ESPN.
No other games being played. A national game.

Lucky for us too. The PAC 10 refs were being watched by every football fan in the country. This wasn't some local broadcast in Oregon. They couldn't just blatantly screw Zona out of a game. They HAD to call it straight-up or get busted by every college football fan, journalist and player in the country.

They couldn't award a fumble to Oregon that wasn't a fumble. They couldn't call imaginary pass interference (okay... that DID actually do that in the second half... but still) they were FORCED to be honest. And I'll bet they hated it too.

PAC 10 can NOT compete with the rest of the country if they can't cheat!

Lucky for us last night's game was nationally televised or Oregon would have been the beneficiary of all sorts of punk calls and awarded another win for a game that they clearly lost.

badger
11/16/2007, 01:35 PM
Why Arizona won last night ...
Because Bob Stoops is God and Mike Stoops is Jesus

;)

Dio
11/16/2007, 01:36 PM
They could miss a glaringly obvious personal foul facemask, though

The Maestro
11/16/2007, 01:36 PM
I thought they won because of moxie? Or was it fire?

tator
11/16/2007, 02:05 PM
I thought they won because of moxie? Or was it fire?resolve

1stTimeCaller
11/16/2007, 02:08 PM
swagger

Dan Thompson
11/16/2007, 02:18 PM
I couldn't believe the neon-facemask call on the near sideline. The ref was right there. Reminded me of the Washington/Oregon St game.

WestAustinSooner
11/16/2007, 02:23 PM
Chutzpah!

Joi de vive!

Atomic Balm in their jock straps!

soonernation
11/16/2007, 02:26 PM
Why Arizona won last night ...

They scored more points.

insuranceman_22
11/16/2007, 02:27 PM
Nice thread, but Zona won because Dennis Dixon got hurt early in the game. We all know it takes talent and some luck to win a MNC, last night luck favored the Big 12 teams for a MNC. But I'm still thanking Mike S. and comp.

tbl
11/16/2007, 02:43 PM
Nice thread, but Zona won because Dennis Dixon got hurt early in the game.

Ding!

Desert Sapper
11/16/2007, 02:49 PM
Fate, destiny, call it what you will. The #2 spot is dangerous, and Oregon found out why last night. Dennis Dixon lost out on the MNC and the Heisman, all in one night. I hope he get's better, but I can't say I wasn't happy about the team it all happened to last night.

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 02:52 PM
because the Ducks didn't FINISH?

Desert Sapper
11/16/2007, 02:57 PM

No, but they had some BS mantra the talking heads were babbling about.

Curly Bill
11/16/2007, 02:58 PM
swagger

That's what I'm talkin about!!!

Ground_Attack
11/16/2007, 03:06 PM
Lucky for us too. The PAC 10 refs were being watched by every football fan in the country. This wasn't some local broadcast in Oregon. They couldn't just blatantly screw Zona out of a game. They HAD to call it straight-up or get busted by every college football fan, journalist and player in the country.

Hasn't stopped them from blowing calls left and right thus far. why should national attention do any different?

1890MilesToNorman
11/16/2007, 03:16 PM
The game was over as soon as Dixon went out, you could see and feel it. Zona took advantage of the shift in Big MO and the ducks were done. Duck's D did OK in the second half holding Zona to 3 pts but their O didn't do squat. Dixon was and is the Oregon team, that is obvious after last night.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2007, 04:04 PM
The game was over as soon as Dixon went out, you could see and feel it. Zona took advantage of the shift in Big MO and the ducks were done. Duck's D did OK in the second half holding Zona to 3 pts but their O didn't do squat. Dixon was and is the Oregon team, that is obvious after last night.

And it's a shame - Dixon was having a great year and is a very entertaining player to watch. I don't think I've ever seen a running QB throw so accurately. Sure I wanted UO to falter and I believe they would have anyway. I hate to see it happen due to injury to the best player. I still don't get the hatin' on UO. We beat on the field every time with 1 loss in the replay booth (not UO's fault!). They did us a HUGE favor this year beating USC and then bowing out last night. I guarantee USC would have jumped every other 1 loss team if they had beaten Oregon, Cal, and ASU on the road. The media would have stampeded back onto the 'SC bandwagon and the Stanford game would be ancient history. Thank-you, ducks and get well DD.

drbrizzle
11/16/2007, 04:10 PM
And it's a shame - Dixon was having a great year and is a very entertaining player to watch. I don't think I've ever seen a running QB throw so accurately. Sure I wanted UO to falter and I believe they would have anyway. I hate to see it happen due to injury to the best player. I still don't get the hatin' on UO. We beat on the field every time with 1 loss in the replay booth (not UO's fault!). They did us a HUGE favor this year beating USC and then bowing out last night. I guarantee USC would have jumped every other 1 loss team if they had beaten Oregon, Cal, and ASU on the road. The media would have stampeded back onto the 'SC bandwagon and the Stanford game would be ancient history. Thank-you, ducks and get well DD.

So true. Completely forgot about that huge favor. Thanks Oregon. Get well soon DD. Boomer!

deversole
11/16/2007, 04:10 PM
No matter why it happened, but it sure did make things interesting.
I wanted to share my post with a link to all the contenders schedules..I sense a lot scoreboard watching will be going on.
http://www.skinnymoose.com/sports/

boomersooner28
11/16/2007, 04:14 PM
Dixon got hurt

Fixed her fer yuins!

85sooners
11/16/2007, 04:31 PM
oregon sucks!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 04:37 PM

MOXIE......SWAGGER.....FINISH.....

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 04:41 PM
MOXIE......SWAGGER.....FINISH.....
shouldn't it be?

SWAGGER......MOXIE......FINISH?

OUaddict
11/16/2007, 04:42 PM
Bad Karma from last year's replay fiasco at their place.

Mike Stoops has his big bro's back!

BOOMER!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/16/2007, 04:43 PM
MOXIE......SWAGGER.....FINISH.....Aaaackkkkk!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 04:47 PM
shouldn't it be?

SWAGGER......MOXIE......FINISH?

Yeah...your right....my bad

aero
11/16/2007, 06:45 PM
Too bad about Dixon but mojo's a mofo. What was with the 2 point conversion? Were they just showing Zona they had no respect for them? I thought right then they shouldn't have done that.

cvsooner
11/16/2007, 07:25 PM
Bingo. We have a winner. Oregon's hubris in going for two did them in, as much as anything.

Jacie
11/16/2007, 11:23 PM
The refs still coulda made a call or two that might have saved the ducks. They could have flagged Arizona for blocking in the back on the punt return for a touchdown and no matter how bogus the call it wouldn't have been reviewable. Had they not been in Tucson and on national television the zebras could change the momentum and make Leaf II look like an NFL 1st round pick.

Oh, I guess he did anyway.