PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma has no shot at playing in a National title game

dolemitesooner
11/16/2007, 11:18 AM
They are going to lose 1 if not 2 games before then.

This them has all the talent in the world, but they are not hungry. They don't know how to be hungry they have been feed there whole lives.

Quit counting your chickens

sooneron
11/16/2007, 11:20 AM
But have they been fed chicken by their mothers of children?!! [hairGel]

dolemitesooner
11/16/2007, 11:22 AM
But have they been fed chicken by their mothers of children?!! [hairGel]
That I dont really know.

But thats beside the point.

LISTEN PEOPLE WE HAVE TO BEAT TECH, WE HAVE TO BEAT OSU.

Widescreen
11/16/2007, 11:24 AM
I'm pretty sure this team doesn't have to be that hungry to beat TTU, OSU or Mizzou. Don't know yet about KU.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 11:25 AM
The Fans cannot overlook Tech! We will cost the team a win if we do

dolemitesooner
11/16/2007, 11:27 AM
I'm pretty sure this team doesn't have to be that hungry to beat TTU, OSU or Mizzou. Don't know yet about KU.
Yeah you proably said the same thing about colorado to huh.

You know that team with only 6 wins.

STFU.

THEY HAVE TO BE HUNGRY EVER GAME

you know you make a great point

thats why they will lose

Because of that mindset..

"ohh tech and osu suck we dont have to be pumped for this game"

Enjoy the neg and the cotten bowl

meoveryouxinfinity
onoz, not that.

OKLA21FAN

so does this mean we shouldn't start the WAVE while we are on offense or what? :pop:

Doged
11/16/2007, 11:28 AM
That I dont really know.

But thats beside the point.

LISTEN PEOPLE WE HAVE TO BEAT TECH, WE HAVE TO BEAT OSU.

Hey, you got me going! I'm headed to Lubbock RIGHT NOW and I'm gonna' beat the EVER LIVIN' S$*T out of the first person I see wearing a Tech shirt... then it's off to Stoolwater! RAR! Not sure what that'll do for the team, but I'm IN!

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 11:29 AM
so does this mean we shouldn't start the WAVE while we are on offense or what? :pop:

It distracts the team:(

soonerloyal
11/16/2007, 11:29 AM
I think it would get tiresome embracing the negative side of life so much. :(

dolemitesooner
11/16/2007, 11:30 AM
Hey, you got me going! I'm headed to Lubbock RIGHT NOW and I'm gonna' beat the EVER LIVIN' S$*T out of the first person I see wearing a Tech shirt... then it's off to Stoolwater! RAR! Not sure what that'll do for the team, but I'm IN!

:DThis is a start.

but one man is not enough

dolemitesooner
11/16/2007, 11:31 AM
I think it would get tiresome embracing the negative side of life so much.
I think your fingers are going to be tiresome after we lose and you come back to type on here that I am right. NOOB

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 11:33 AM
It distracts the team:(
okie dokie....
i'll leave you in charge to tell those yo yos in the student season who try to get it going.

Widescreen
11/16/2007, 11:33 AM

STFU.

thats why they will lose

Well, we were hungry enough to beat Missouri already and Mizzou is apparently better than TTU. What I'm saying is that this team apparently has enough "hunger" to get it done.

You negged me for that? LOL. Yeah, I'm devastated.

texas bandman
11/16/2007, 11:34 AM
I don't look at the world through rose colored glasses, but I'm going to to root for the Sooners in each game and hopefully they'll take care of business. Shame on you for being negative. Negative energy is a bad thing and is pervasive.

(I'm now getting out my Graham Harrell VooDoo doll, so I'm sure we're gonna win!)

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:35 AM
dole is trying some preventative hexation.

dolemitesooner
I don't look at the world through rose colored glasses, but I'm going to to root for the Sooners in each game and hopefully they'll take care of business. Shame on you for being negative. Negative energy is a bad thing and is pervasive.

(I'm now getting out my Graham Harrell VooDoo doll, so I'm sure we're gonna win!)OU IS ****ED:mad:

mxATVracer10

:D

Don't forget to go strait for the sack!

:pop:

dolemitesooner
11/16/2007, 11:37 AM
dole is trying some preventative hexation.LISTEN HERE FABIO

OU CAN'T GET IT DONE.

**** TEASEN PRICKS ALWAYS GET US HARD AND THEN LET US DOWN.

i AM TIRED OF THE BLUE BALLS

I am routing for lsu this year

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 11:37 AM
dole is trying some preventative hexation.
the ole reverse hex dealio

i've seen this before

dolemitesooner
11/16/2007, 11:38 AM
the ole reverse hex dealio

i've seen this before
:rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:39 AM
falling for reverse psychology is the sign of a weak mind;)

MextheBulldog
11/16/2007, 11:40 AM
but it works so well on 4 year olds

dolemitesooner
11/16/2007, 11:41 AM
falling for reverse psychology is the sign of a weak mind;)Hey shakespere

"negging you makes your speak go down"
-james joyce

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:41 AM
4 yr olds have weak minds.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/16/2007, 11:42 AM
Dear Team,

Read the doleo's post. He's right.

Get some damn fire into your bellies!

Get p!$$ed!!!!

Dominate!

That is all.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:42 AM
Hey shakespere

"negging you makes your speak go down"
-james joyce
neg all you want

When I get tired enough of it I'll return the favor:O

Widescreen
11/16/2007, 11:43 AM
Everybody watch out. Dolemite is on a negging rampage. God have mercy on our souls. :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:45 AM
He's a large water dwelling mammal that moved to this metropolis to neg all of us.

Steve told me that.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/16/2007, 11:45 AM
I think your fingers are going to be tiresome after we lose and you come back to type on here that I am right. NOOB
pardon me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say Miami was a sure loss?

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 11:46 AM
So does this mean that Anne Margaret won't be coming after all?
http://videodetective.com/photos/016/000706_45.jpg

Widescreen
11/16/2007, 11:46 AM
This isn't about right and wrong. It's about agreeing with Dolemite. Get with it.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 11:48 AM
He's a large water dwelling mammal that moved to this metropolis to neg all of us.

Steve told me that.

Our offense speaks!

dolemitesooner
11/16/2007, 11:49 AM
Yes I did. and they guys played with heart in that game didn't they

nOT GOING TO HAPPEN IN THESE

tech sure fire losss
Osu sure fire loss

Lott's Bandana
11/16/2007, 11:50 AM

Hahahaha....spek in sie Deutch!

UTsucks
11/16/2007, 11:50 AM
Dear Team,

Read the doleo's post. He's right.

Get some damn fire into your bellies!

Get p!$$ed!!!!

Dominate!

That is all.

I agree! This teams needs to go into LBB and HIT PEOPLE. Take a few cheap shots but come out swinging. Get ****ED GET FCKING ****ED and win the next 3 games. IF OU want's to win another NC get the attitude back.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 11:52 AM
FREEDOM!!

cheezyq
11/16/2007, 11:53 AM
Man, all this talk about chickens and being hungry reminds me that it's lunch time. I think I'll head down to Lawrence for the Mangino special.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/16/2007, 11:54 AM
Yes I did. and they guys played with heart in that game didn't they

nOT GOING TO HAPPEN IN THESE

tech sure fire losss
Osu sure fire loss
Tell me more, O wise one.

SoonerAtKU
11/16/2007, 11:55 AM

Steve told me that.

What kind of rapping name is that?

Steve...

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 11:55 AM

Steve told me that.
Dole needs to confirm his preposterous hypothesis

badger
11/16/2007, 11:56 AM
the wave... or the waving wheat? :D

Oldnslo
11/16/2007, 11:56 AM
Can't we all just get along?

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 11:58 AM
the wave... or the waving wheat? :D
from now on, when we are on offense, I am just going to hold one finger up high in the air, and not say a word.

if the offense gets confused, I'll just blame it on A.D.D.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2007, 12:00 PM
from now on, when we are on offense, I am just going to hold one finger up high in the air, and not say a word.

if the offense gets confused, I'll just blame it on A.D.D.
All Day Day?

OKLA21FAN
11/16/2007, 12:02 PM
All Day Day?
shouldn't it be A.P.P?

soonerboy_odanorth
11/16/2007, 12:08 PM
shouldn't it be A.P.P?

And two fingers A.Poo.Poo.?

mxATVracer10
11/16/2007, 12:30 PM
Anyone else get one of these gems?

ou sucks hook em horns - dolemite

badger
11/16/2007, 12:41 PM
hold it over your mouth in a shushing motion ;)

oh, and lol at those last few posts. :D

They call Demarco A.D.D. because he would run All Day, D@MMIT! if you let him. It's kind of like AD, except for the fact that he is even more determined to run all day because unlike AD, he will jump defenders instead of running right into them.
View Exhibit A, if you will:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9518/exhibitalo9.jpg
All Day is a power runner that fears no defenders and pounds straight into them, which can trip up even the most sure footed defenders eventually... of course, the sheedy Vikings' offensive line definitely does not help. Wow, do the Vikings (except AD) suck. They suck soooo much. Go Pack go!

Now, Exhibit B, please:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2663/exhibitbeo2.jpg
ADD has found a creative way to stay upright by simply going... up! Murray vaults the defenders so that no matter how big the brick wall, they are still not big enough to stop him.

Chrisrokc
11/16/2007, 12:56 PM

I know for the fact they are pumped for this Saturday......

Animal Mother
11/16/2007, 01:05 PM

STFU.

thats why they will lose

Too much syrup Colonel?

Ash
11/16/2007, 01:11 PM
I don't know what everybody's getting freaked out about. I've already booked my trip to san diego for the holiday bowl and some kick *** golfing.

see you there!

yermom
11/16/2007, 01:13 PM
you are a Texas fan too?

badger
11/16/2007, 01:13 PM
I don't know what everybody's getting freaked out about. I've already booked my trip to san diego for the holiday bowl and some kick *** golfing.

see you there!
get behind me satan, for I can see you are a whorn! :mad:

;)

sooneron
11/16/2007, 01:41 PM
hold it over your mouth in a shushing motion ;)

oh, and lol at those last few posts. :D

They call Demarco A.D.D. because he would run All Day, D@MMIT! if you let him. It's kind of like AD, except for the fact that he is even more determined to run all day because unlike AD, he will jump defenders instead of running right into them.
View Exhibit A, if you will:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9518/exhibitalo9.jpg
All Day is a power runner that fears no defenders and pounds straight into them, which can trip up even the most sure footed defenders eventually... of course, the sheedy Vikings' offensive line definitely does not help. Wow, do the Vikings (except AD) suck. They suck soooo much. Go Pack go!

Now, Exhibit B, please:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2663/exhibitbeo2.jpg
ADD has found a creative way to stay upright by simply going... up! Murray vaults the defenders so that no matter how big the brick wall, they are still not big enough to stop him.

Du

Jour!

Ash
11/16/2007, 01:43 PM
nm

hOlden caUlfield...
11/16/2007, 01:45 PM
These predictions are so easy. Dolemite says this negative sh*t over and over all year long. Eventually he will be right and will act like he's smart. It's like picking C every time on a test. You get it right sometimes. Reading Dolemite's posts though....He might spell C wrong.

Dio
11/16/2007, 01:47 PM
I don't have anything to add- I just wanted to be part of this thread.

badger
11/16/2007, 01:49 PM

Du

Jour!
I spent five minutes on that post and was wondering when someone would acknowledge it :mad:

texas bandman
11/16/2007, 02:00 PM
I can't believe that anyone would pick OU to lose. You are setting yourself up for failure about 86% of the time.

badger
11/16/2007, 02:15 PM
I can't believe that anyone would pick OU to lose. You are setting yourself up for failure about 86% of the time.
Corso used to pick upsets all the time. He looked foolish when they displayed his accuracy. So, he quit it.

Basically, I think the mentality is that "well, nobody expected them to win, anyways and I was being brave and an independent thinker and stuff" when you pick the upset.

Plus, if you're right, you sound incredibly smart!

Now... I have a certain method of picking upsets:
1- I only do it if I know the teams playing very well.
2- I only do it if I have insider information that hardly anyone else in mainstream knows about.
3- I only do it if I'm being a super fan.

Such a mentality has caused me to pick Nevada (my brother's current school - oh shaddap, Sooner fans, he got his two undergrads at OU first!), Wisconsin (my homestate!) and OU. I've seen these teams play many times and when they have a higher profile game, I know what to expect.

I picked Wisconsin to beat Meat Chicken last week.
I picked OU to win the Big 12 championship even before the Texas/Texas A&M game.
I just picked Nevada to beat Hawaii.

I'm not always right, but I like those victories most, not only because they're sort of like my teams, but also, because hardly anyone else chose them. If I'm not right... well, at least I was loyal!

Crucifax Autumn
11/17/2007, 03:51 AM
Great post! Loyalty matters to some of us.

Fraggle145
11/17/2007, 04:14 AM
Corso used to pick upsets all the time. He looked foolish when they displayed his accuracy. So, he quit it.

Basically, I think the mentality is that "well, nobody expected them to win, anyways and I was being brave and an independent thinker and stuff" when you pick the upset.

Plus, if you're right, you sound incredibly smart!

Now... I have a certain method of picking upsets:
1- I only do it if I know the teams playing very well.
2- I only do it if I have insider information that hardly anyone else in mainstream knows about.
3- I only do it if I'm being a super fan.

Such a mentality has caused me to pick Nevada (my brother's current school - oh shaddap, Sooner fans, he got his two undergrads at OU first!), Wisconsin (my homestate!) and OU. I've seen these teams play many times and when they have a higher profile game, I know what to expect.

I picked Wisconsin to beat Meat Chicken last week.
I picked OU to win the Big 12 championship even before the Texas/Texas A&M game.
I just picked Nevada to beat Hawaii.

I'm not always right, but I like those victories most, not only because they're sort of like my teams, but also, because hardly anyone else chose them. If I'm not right... well, at least I was loyal!

Agreed. I pick good teams that I have seen or on reliable information. Maybe not always publicly on the board, but I have picked 163/210 games correctly in my yahoo pick'em league with a score of 1788 which is pretty good out of a possible 1911 (94%). But sometimes I pick teams on a personal investment, alumni, family, better for OU, etc...

Some examples:
Boise St. over Wash, Cal over Ore, Ariz over Ore, etc...

I picked UGA over Florida and over Auburn... but I am also an alumni there 2ndarily. If you know about the UGA/Auburn rivalry picking the home team is always an upset.

Ya I feel pretty good about my picks this year... sue me.

StormySooner-IN
11/17/2007, 08:00 AM
BEAT TEXAS TECH!!!1!11!

Crucifax Autumn
11/17/2007, 06:13 PM
What he said! ^

toneful
11/17/2007, 06:36 PM
They are going to lose 1 if not 2 games before then.

This them has all the talent in the world, but they are not hungry. They don't know how to be hungry they have been feed there whole lives.

Quit counting your chickens

i have felt the same way. This team seems to have a plastic wreath of supremacy around their collective heads. Most of them, at least. Most of these players have been blue chip recruits, coddled through high school and into college. They haven't had to fight for much of anything...they expect to get by on their talent and skills alone. It's easy to see after Reggie fields his 8th punt inside the 5 yard line. He is sacfificing the team for his personal glory. I see it the way Iglesias carries the ball after he catches it. After the CU game he was quoted as saying "we are still a great team".

There are exceptions...Bradford, Allen, Kelly Lofton, English. But, talk to any HS recruit service and they tell you all the things that are thrown at the players when they are being coveted by one school or the other. If the kids aren't brought up level headed by their parents and/or their HS coach or college oach continues the idolization and pampering then you have a problem. That was the b eauty of the 2000 team. They had been humbled and humilaited for so long that they appreciated their opportunities and relished them.

Having said all that, they are in a position to control their own destiny and that alone is a lofty accomplishment. Again, props to Stoops and the coaches, along with Sam, of course.

OK2LA
11/17/2007, 06:38 PM
LISTEN HERE FABIO

OU CAN'T GET IT DONE.

**** TEASEN PRICKS ALWAYS GET US HARD AND THEN LET US DOWN.

i AM TIRED OF THE BLUE BALLS

I am routing for lsu this year

Otter: "Routing?"

Boon: "Forget it, he's rolling."

85Sooner
11/18/2007, 09:43 AM
YOU ARE RIGHT! DAMMIT

GrapevineSooner
11/18/2007, 10:38 AM
Dammit, Doleo.

I hate it when you...uhh...make sense. :confused:

They oughta have the hunger, now. Which is a good thing for next year.

dolemitesooner
11/19/2007, 11:27 AM
Dammit, Doleo.

I hate it when you...uhh...make sense. :confused:

They oughta have the hunger, now. Which is a good thing for next year.
I don't make sense huh?

yermom
11/19/2007, 11:50 AM
even the sun shines on a dog's *** some days

NormanPride
11/19/2007, 12:12 PM
Even a blind squirrell finds a nut sometimes.

A million monkeys with a million typewriters will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare.

Intelligence and preparedness is nothing in the face of sheer, dumb luck.

Fraggle145
11/19/2007, 12:18 PM
I don't make sense huh?

ITS YOUR FAULT! :cry: :mad: :cry:

Stoop Dawg
11/19/2007, 02:24 PM
If I'm not right... well, at least I was loyal!

And we all know that picking the outcome of a football game is the true test of loyalty. ;)