yermom
11/16/2007, 01:02 AM
all we need to do is win now.

Tech, OSU, and KU/Mizzou

one game at a time

josh09
11/16/2007, 01:08 AM
Bring em on.

And....dare I bring the term up again....

Yes, i dare

FINISH

SoonerStormchaser
11/16/2007, 01:09 AM
A FRIGGIN MEN!

OU-HSV
11/16/2007, 01:11 AM
And we need to play great for the whole game each week, no more of this starting slow stuff. Let's just roll dangit

Chrisrokc
11/16/2007, 01:13 AM
Stoops and Co are in the driver seat now!!!!!!!!

SoonerAcesUp
11/16/2007, 01:14 AM
Come on! We can do this ****! Take care of 'em one game at a time.

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2007, 01:15 AM
The driver seat of the Schooner! Run down Yosimite Sam...err...That raider thing, whatever the hell it is! and take out the fanatic and that Zorro looking bastard while he's at it!

SoonerBacker
11/16/2007, 01:19 AM
Take care of OUr business and everything else will work out. We no longer need anyone else to beat a team for us. We win and it's off to New Orleans!
One step at a time, Sooners!

Sooner98
11/16/2007, 01:21 AM
Yep, all of this computer polls talk, all of this "does team A pass team B if they win out", etc. etc. means nothing anymore. Hallelujah.

birddog
11/16/2007, 01:23 AM
if this doesn't get the boys ready to play, nothing will.

sooneron
Lose... you go home.

Crucifax Autumn
*Yoda Voice* Told you I did.

josh09
11/16/2007, 01:25 AM
if this doesn't get the boys ready to play, nothing will.

Seriously, we better be fired up come Saturday, because i know that Tech will be.

Piware
Who would have thought that the big push of the final weeks would rely in large part on a Mike Stoops defense. Thanks Mikey and Mark! We will save you a sideline pass for the MNC game.

Octavian
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8616/emperoree7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it.

<evil laugh>

Sooner02
11/16/2007, 01:26 AM
I'm hyped. Everything that needed to happen happened and no more doubts and "what if" scenarios because winning out will get us there.

josh09
11/16/2007, 01:26 AM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8616/emperoree7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it.

<evil laugh>

Lol nice :D

olevetonahill
11/16/2007, 01:28 AM
The evening after our lose to Co . My Son was saying No way . Im saying Yes way . We need to take care of buisness. and NEED some help But we can get back init . Dayum kid wanted to argue with the olevet :D
It aint wise to argue with the "Olevet ":cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
We need to TCB and its a done deal .:D

RiddlerOK
11/16/2007, 01:31 AM
Is there anyone out there who thinks that our playing Baylor at home in a night game this past weekend will help us with the upcoming night game climate in Lubbock?

One game at a time..............

We can do this!

OK2LA
11/16/2007, 01:32 AM
Come on! We can do this ****! Take care of 'em one game at a time.

Is it possible to take it two games at a time?

Blues1
11/16/2007, 01:33 AM
The evening after our lose to Co . My Son was saying No way . Im saying Yes way . We need to take care of buisness. and NEED some help But we can get back init . Dayum kid wanted to argue with the olevet :D
It aint wise to argue with the "Olevet ":cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
We need to TCB and its a done deal .:D

Sent that Son out here to California - I will make sure he never's doubts Dad again ....:)

We are Rockin' --- :D

OK2LA
11/16/2007, 01:34 AM
One game at a time..............

We can do this!

:confused:

kevpks
11/16/2007, 01:34 AM
This didn't take long:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

OK2LA
11/16/2007, 01:35 AM
one game at a time

Damnit! Do you see what you started?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2007, 01:42 AM
The fans really need to make sure they take it one game at a time. Hate to see what would happen to the team if the fans start looking ahead

Widescreen
11/16/2007, 01:47 AM
For the first time since the CU game, we control our own destiny. Unbelievable.

OK2LA
11/16/2007, 01:51 AM
For the first time since the CU game, we control our own destiny. Unbelievable.

Oh no he di'int!

Sco
11/16/2007, 01:57 AM
Is it possible to take it two games at a time?

No. Please go back to the back of the room and be quiet.

:D

cvsooner
11/16/2007, 01:59 AM
Who would have thought that the big push of the final weeks would rely in large part on a Mike Stoops defense. Thanks Mikey and Mark! We will save you a sideline pass for the MNC game.

That Stoops defense? Let's see: gave up 463 total yards, 224 yards passing on 27 completions in 54 attempts, and 239 rushing yards. And Oregon had the ball for four more minutes.

True, they did force four turnovers (1 fumble, three interceptions), scoring on one and on a punt return.

Good thing too, since Arizona rushed for only 56 yards and 266 yards passing.

Sounds like one of our games with that lousy BV defense.

Yep, our defense just hasn't been the same since Mike left. :rolleyes:

Seriously, good win, and one WE needed. (So did Mike.) It was sweet that a reversed call on the field via replay actually benefited us.

CORNholio
11/16/2007, 02:02 AM
This didn't take long:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Those would be some terrible match-ups:

Ga vs. Hawaii --fiesta bowl

Kansas vs. suc --sugar bowl

kevpks
11/16/2007, 02:06 AM
Those would be some terrible match-ups:

Ga vs. Hawaii --fiesta bowl

Kansas vs. suc --sugar bowl

I would rather see SUC vs. Texas and Georgia vs. anyone but Hawaii

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2007, 02:14 AM
Yeah, but KU beating SUC would be funny! But KU will be playing us 2 in a row after LSU and a couple more lose another game.

goingoneight
11/16/2007, 02:16 AM
Alrighty then... shouldn't we take every game... one game at a time? :pop:

olevetonahill
11/16/2007, 02:22 AM
Sent that Son out here to California - I will make sure he never's doubts Dad again ....:)

We are Rockin' --- :D
He dosent Doubt the Olevet anymore lo.l:D

SteelClip49
11/16/2007, 02:23 AM
This is kind of a similar situation to 2001 at this juncture. Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado and Nebraska all in the BCS top 10 and Oklahoma clearly was in the hunt for a repeat national title shot. The loss to OSU ended the South clincher, which went to Texas and the North went to Colorado despite NU still getting the Rose Bowl bid.

2 games left and at least 1 will guarantee a spot in San Antonio but it's obvious we want the 2 wins and a very confident position we will have in the Big 12 title game. Road games make me nervous and even though TTU is not great, they will represent the best they can. Like an earlier post said, we need to jump out quickly and not let back.

The stinch of New Orleans and taste of some mighty fine cajun cuisine is just right in front of us yet still so far away.

Die you B****es from Permian Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2007, 02:33 AM
Let's just make sure this isn't 2001 again...I don't think it will be in any way!

peanous
11/16/2007, 02:42 AM
M. Stoops doesn't have the players out in Arizona that he had at Oklahoma.
Sure they had lapses and at times got embarrassed but you hardly ever went into a game wondering if the defense was gonna bring the wood. Thats just not the case anymore. so roll your eyes all you want but this program misses him and I would venture to say Bob misses him too.

cvsooner
11/16/2007, 01:17 PM
Here's why Oregon lost: hubris. This is from Ivan Maisel's story on the game:

For five minutes and change Thursday night, Oregon (8-2, 5-2) looked like a team that embraced the talk of a national championship. The Ducks took the opening kickoff and went 70 yards in seven plays. Dixon gained the last 39 on a fourth-and-three touchdown run, sailing untouched through the Wildcat defense.

After the touchdown, offensive coordinator Chip Kelly sent a message to Arizona, going for two and scoring easily on a direct snap to tight end Ed Dickson. Oregon led, 8-0.

At that point, Stoops' defense couldn't stop the Ducks. This was well on its way to being a blowout. The best defensive move on the field was Dixon's knee injury in the Arizona State game.

On the possession after the touchdown came the foreboding, the shot in the movie that alerts the audience to impending disaster. In four plays, Dixon moved Oregon from its 43 to the Arizona 4. On first-and-goal, he threw into the left side of the end zone to a wide-open Derrick Jones. When Jones caught it, Oregon would lead, 15-0. Shoot, maybe 16-0.

The Ducks are still waiting. The ball clanged off Jones' hands and into the air. Arizona free safety Nate Ness gathered it in and took the ball to the Arizona 45.

That was a perfectly thrown ball, too. Just look at the tape.

The Wildcats quickly scored to pull within 8-7, and Dixon came right back, driving the Ducks into the red zone again. Oregon had the ball on the Arizona 15 when Dixon injured himself.

If a majority of Heisman voters believe a player's value to a great team is worthy of a vote, then Dixon justified his candidacy. Without him, the Oregon offense went dormant. Before he crumpled, losing five yards, Oregon had gained 183 yards on 19 plays.

I'm not trying to demean the effort of Arizona, its coaches or players, but the reality is that without Dixon, Oregon is not the same team. Period.

Bob Stoops may miss Mike, indeed, I can't deny that, but Brent Venables has done a much better job than most of the posters on here are willing to acknowledge. He has had a hard time, clearly, defending a small lead late in a game.

But the way posters on here crucify BV and Wilson, for that matter, you'd hardly know we're 9-1 and in serious contention to play for a national championship. You'd think we were 1-9 North Texas, which dropped another one last night to Arkansas State.