PDA

View Full Version : Getting Scores by Cell Phone for Dummies

Suerreal
11/15/2007, 11:03 PM
OK, so my family is a bunch of hillbillies.

My brother is a Sooner graduate, but his kids went to Texas A&M. So when his daughter decided to get married, she picked the A&M bye week (this weekend) to do it. So my hopes to see OU play close by in Lubbock this weekend were dashed. I'll be in Katy at a wedding reception, instead.

I've never used my cell phone for anything except phone calls. It does have internet capability, but I've never used it.

Can someone please explain to me the best way to get scores on my cell phone? Please use small words. Thanks in advance.

tommieharris91
11/16/2007, 03:17 AM
If you don't have the plan for internet on your phone, you won't get the internet. Most places tell you to pay extry fors it.

olevetonahill
11/16/2007, 04:29 AM
Tell her tuffshat your going to the GAME
YWIA

Jimminy Crimson
11/16/2007, 05:06 AM
The Sports animal has a commercial about text updates... If I remember it right, it's something like you have to text SOONERS to 62582

Not sure, but it's worth a shot.

sooner_born_1960
11/16/2007, 07:36 AM
The game is on ABC. Take a little TV to the reception.

Shneeg11
11/16/2007, 10:38 AM
The Sports animal has a commercial about text updates... If I remember it right, it's something like you have to text SOONERS to 62582

Not sure, but it's worth a shot.

That's a heck of a memory Jimminy.....it sounds right to me

Suerreal
11/16/2007, 10:52 AM
Thanks! I'll check that out.

Suerreal
11/17/2007, 01:25 AM
Hey if anyone else is wondering about this, I was able to subscribe FOR FREE to get scores after every quarter from CBS's sportsline.com.

It took some doing to avoid getting general sports updates. Really, I just want Sooner scores, and just for this game.

But I think I'm set. I'll be in Lubbock in spirit!

yermom
11/17/2007, 11:28 AM
you can also text google at 46645

if you send something like "Sooners" or "Blue Devils" it will send you the current score of any sports they actually playing at the moment, or recently

http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/mobile/sms/

StoopTroup
11/17/2007, 11:31 AM
Funny that this came up....

I was listening to sports radio yesterday morning and they were talking about "ONSTAR" and how it would be really cool to own a GM truck and be able to call "ONSTAR" and ask for the line on a game and advice on which way to go...

Pretty funny yet...I could see it happening possibly too.