PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod & The Yankees

r5TPsooner
11/15/2007, 01:06 PM
I had really thought that the Yankees had finally done the right thing by letting A-Rod go. Sure, he's a great REGULAR SEASON player, but we all know how he performs in the post season. Some say that the Yankees had no choice but to sign him, but I beg to differ. They could have gotten some good pitching for the cash that they are about to shell out and go with what won them all of the World Series titles with guys named O'Neil, Brosius, Cone, Key, and Hernandez just to name a few.

Now, the Yanks have gone back on there word and signed the best and most selfish player in baseball. I was truly hoping that the Cubs would take him and boost there offense. But it looks like the Yanks have drank to much of the A-Rod Kool-Aid.

I was really hoping to see Johan Santana in pinstripes but alas, a few more over the hill pitchers for the Yanks to pick up. If they resign Clemens, I will become a Red Sox fan.

Suerreal
11/16/2007, 12:56 AM
Do the Texas Rangers still have any obligation towards the Yankees or A-Rod?

BudSooner
11/16/2007, 09:06 AM
I had really thought that the Yankees had finally done the right thing by letting A-Rod go. Sure, he's a great REGULAR SEASON player, but we all know how he performs in the post season. Some say that the Yankees had no choice but to sign him, but I beg to differ. They could have gotten some good pitching for the cash that they are about to shell out and go with what won them all of the World Series titles with guys named O'Neil, Brosius, Cone, Key, and Hernandez just to name a few.

Now, the Yanks have gone back on there word and signed the best and most selfish player in baseball. I was truly hoping that the Cubs would take him and boost there offense. But it looks like the Yanks have drank to much of the A-Rod Kool-Aid.

I was really hoping to see Johan Santana in pinstripes but alas, a few more over the hill pitchers for the Yanks to pick up. If they resign Clemens, I will become a Red Sox fan.

I totally agree, in fact for the first time in 39 yrs, i'm a baseball fan without a team.

First was telling Torre that we might need your services but we are not going to pay you what you want...then telling Pay-Rod the opposite.
I'm thru, i've washed my hands of them....dammit it's over!

http://brooklynmetfan.com/images/uploads/877.jpg

GrapevineSooner
11/16/2007, 11:00 AM
Do the Texas Rangers still have any obligation towards the Yankees or A-Rod?

I think in about 7 or 8 years, they'll have to start paying him a $3 million annuity for 10 years.

But they're through subsidizing his first contract.