PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Prius

r5TPsooner
11/15/2007, 12:02 PM
The wife picked one of these up yesterday as my Titan is in the body shop due to Saturday's unfortunate accident after the OU game.

I wasn't going to set in it, but when I did, the thing was quite roomy and comfortable. The inside looked like I was sitting inside a cockpit or something. While I could never see myself owning one because it looks so ghey, I can definitely see why people are buying these things in droves due to the gas mileage.

MextheBulldog
11/15/2007, 12:21 PM
Gas mileage as advertised?

skycat
11/15/2007, 12:39 PM
I damn near got run over by one last night. It started up in "stealth mode" as I was walking by in a parking lot and started backing up.

That's a pretty freaky feeling.

OU4LIFE
11/15/2007, 12:44 PM
Gas mileage as advertised?

damn close.

I drove the inlaws while they were up visiting last year, averaged better than 50 during that time.

r5TPsooner
11/15/2007, 01:18 PM
damn close.

I drove the inlaws while they were up visiting last year, averaged better than 50 during that time.

Yep, the wife called me and told me that she was getting about 50 mpg on super unleaded. UnFrickin believable.

I was still amazed how much room that I had in the front passenger seat. It was actually easier to get into the Prius than my wife's Pathfinder. It had more room in the front as well. Head space was simply amazing and as much if not more than the Pathfinder.

Now, starting the damn thing is totally weird, as well as shifting gears. It definitely isn't your father's automobile. Some of the gauges and instrument panel stuff in way up near the bottom of the windshield too.

I could see getting one for the kids' when they are of age. I just hope that the wife doesn't ask for one now. Maybe if I put mag wheels and a spoiler on the damned thing, it wouldn't look so corny.:D

OU4LIFE
11/15/2007, 01:21 PM
yeah, there's something odd about starting a vehicle by pushing a button.

Mixer!
11/15/2007, 01:25 PM
http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/100-greatest/03-large/44-ford-model-t.jpg