PDA

View Full Version : Bad Veritas, Bad....

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2007, 10:02 AM
Police seek man who sent Cosgrove threatening messages

LINCOLN, Neb. -- University of Nebraska police are looking for a man who left two threatening voicemail messages for Cornhuskers defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove.

According to court documents obtained Wednesday, one expletive-laced message suggested Cosgrove go back "where you came from you ... before I ... kill ya."

The messages were left between midnight and 3 a.m. on Nov. 4. Cosgrove told police he was concerned for his safety after hearing the messages. Cosgrove, through sports information director Keith Mann, declined to comment Wednesday.

Windstream Communications, the university's phone carrier, turned over to police a record of incoming calls to the football office's general number and to Cosgrove's extension. Those records didn't lead to the source of the calls, Capt. Charlotte Evans said. She said police were investigating another lead.

John Backer, the investigator handling the case, referred questions to university police chief Owen Yardley, who was out of the office.

Cosgrove has been a frequent target of fan criticism this season. The Huskers' defense statistically is one of the worst in major-college football.

Cosgrove received "numerous" phone messages containing vulgar language in past weeks, according to court documents.

The message that prompted him to contact police was left on his voicemail hours after Nebraska's 76-39 loss at Kansas.

An administrative assistant in the football office contacted police on behalf of Cosgrove. She said on the first message the caller "used vulgar language to express his negative opinion of Kevin Cosgrove's performance as a coach," a court document said.

The second message immediately followed. In that message, the man called Cosgrove an expletive and said, "You got 76 points scored on you."

Evans said this is the first time this season campus police have been called about possible threats against a member of the football coaching staff.

"It's not typical for this to happen," Evans said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3111571

sooneron
11/15/2007, 10:20 AM
I thought of Royal when I read that. Who ?is this veritittay you speak of>?

olevetonahill
11/15/2007, 10:25 AM
Veititays has been laying kinda low the last few days .;)

OUDoc
11/15/2007, 10:29 AM
Only a sad fanbase would make death threats.....ummm.....to anyone that's not a PAC-10 official, anyway. ;)

olevetonahill
11/15/2007, 10:31 AM
Only a sad fanbase would make death threats.....ummm.....to anyone that's not a PAC-10 official, anyway. ;)
Well Doc veritatays does post in his own threads !

royalfan5
11/15/2007, 10:39 AM
I thought of Royal when I read that. Who ?is this veritittay you speak of>?
I hate to talk on the phone, I would be much more likely to send a letter.

OUmillenium
11/15/2007, 11:41 AM

I much prefer death promises...

Whet
11/15/2007, 03:53 PM
The tone of the telehone message sounds more like Dr. Tom....

XingTheRubicon
11/15/2007, 04:09 PM

The only human that heard Gordo's death threats was Gordo....and he's a confirmed bald-faced liar.

douxpaysan
11/15/2007, 06:46 PM
The only human that heard Gordo's death threats was Gordo....and he's a confirmed bald-faced liar.
I have always wondered the same thing...the claim sure took the pressure off him. No?

badger
11/15/2007, 08:04 PM
Whatev, Hskrgrl probably bribed her husband with womanly comforts to get him to do it...

not saying Hskrguy wouldn't want to do it, much like everyone else that loves Nebbish

stoops the eternal pimp
11/15/2007, 08:45 PM
Dr Tom probably gave Lawrence Phillips a pack of cigs to make the call