PDA

View Full Version : What needs to happen for your MLB team this offseason!

Collier11
11/15/2007, 01:36 AM
As a Cardinals fan, luckily Playing in the Central we arent that far off.

Ideally:
Carl Crawford
Johan Santana

Realistically:
Kyle Loshe-young and highly skilled-Free Agent Signing
A right handed corner outfielder, not much out there Free Agent wise-Trade
Get a SS, I love eckstein but not sure he has much left unless he switched to 2b and we put ryan at ss
Rolen to stop whining and get healthy
Edmonds to revert to 80% of his old self
Carpenter and Mulder get back soon
Our bullpen is solid

Mixer!
11/15/2007, 10:33 AM
Royals - owners to actually spend some money for players. :mad:

Scott D
11/15/2007, 11:14 AM
your list made me laugh Collier...Cards would have to give up most of their farm system talent to get Santana. Eckstein is a free agent also, and I wouldn't say that there is really anyone better in the free agent crop as it stands.

As for my team, I think it's only a matter of time before the White Sox sign Torii Hunter for too much money, I'd have rather they went after Rocco Baldelli in a trade, or some package deal for both Baldelli and Crawford. Until they re-signed Juan Uribe (I'm hoping as an insurance policy), I was hoping they'd still manage to pull off a deal for Miguel Tejada...and they still may.

There are a lot of second tier starting pitchers available as free agents. And a few guys that could be #1 or #2 starters.

mfosterftw
11/15/2007, 11:36 AM

Chief, when did you start bleeding blue?

As an actual Royals fan, I was going to say "divine intervention." But I am upbeat that we'll continue to see small steps of progress.

Collier11
11/15/2007, 11:58 AM
your list made me laugh Collier...Cards would have to give up most of their farm system talent to get Santana. Eckstein is a free agent also, and I wouldn't say that there is really anyone better in the free agent crop as it stands.

As for my team, I think it's only a matter of time before the White Sox sign Torii Hunter for too much money, I'd have rather they went after Rocco Baldelli in a trade, or some package deal for both Baldelli and Crawford. Until they re-signed Juan Uribe (I'm hoping as an insurance policy), I was hoping they'd still manage to pull off a deal for Miguel Tejada...and they still may.

There are a lot of second tier starting pitchers available as free agents. And a few guys that could be #1 or #2 starters.

Thats why I said Santana was wishful thinking

TUSooner
11/15/2007, 12:57 PM
Joe Torre and the new coaches need to be as good as advertised.

Dodgers, baby!

Mixer!
11/15/2007, 01:48 PM
Chief, when did you start bleeding blue?

I blame my dad, long suffering fan that he is. It's started to wear off on me now.

snob. ;)

GrapevineSooner
11/15/2007, 02:07 PM
SIGN MIKE LOWELL!!!

Scott D
11/15/2007, 04:33 PM
Thats why I said Santana was wishful thinking

yeah, it's a catch-22 wishful thinking for a lot of teams. The question is when do you allow the Twins to take advantage of you, before the season or at the trade deadline.

mfosterftw
11/15/2007, 10:29 PM
I blame my dad, long suffering fan that he is. It's started to wear off on me now.

Was gonna say... you've been a Giants/Redbirds fan as long as I've known ya...

Cam
11/15/2007, 10:42 PM
Unless they're planning on wearing pin stripes and calling themselves The Yankees next year, we're going to be in the same place we've been in for years.

All in all, this year was promising. Hopefully we can continue to improve next year. OMG, this makes me feel like a poke. :(

Cam
11/15/2007, 10:44 PM
yeah, it's a catch-22 wishful thinking for a lot of teams. The question is when do you allow the Twins to take advantage of you, before the season or at the trade deadline.
Might as well do it at the beginning of the season and get a full season of wins instead of just a portion.

Mixer!
11/17/2007, 12:33 AM
OMG, this makes me feel like a poke. :( :les: TEAM ON THE RISE!

Mixer!
11/17/2007, 12:41 AM
Was gonna say... you've been a Giants/RedHawks fan as long as I've known ya...
fixed. ;)