goingoneight
11/14/2007, 10:28 PM
Manny's cousin, I think.

Running back-slash-linebacker.

KingDavid
11/14/2007, 10:37 PM
Manny's cousin, I think.

Running back-slash-linebacker.

With missing out on both Major and now Brown, my bet is that Johnson will go for backer - it's the place with the most opportunity for immediate PT. And he looks to be really special at that position, too. I don't know why he isn't ranked higher by rivals. He's really incredible if you look at his film on both sides of the ball. I think he looks more natural at linebacker, personally.

Frozen Sooner
11/14/2007, 11:24 PM
Particularly as the RB depth chart next year will include (in no particular order)
DeMarco Murray (So)
Chris Brown (Jr)
Mossis Madu (So)
Jermie Calhoun (Fr)

Not a lot of touches in that group, even though Johnson IS very talented on offense. I'm thinking he's a LB and that's what he's expecting to play.

sooneron
11/15/2007, 09:01 AM
Can he cover a TE over the middle? If yes, then he's got the job at LB!

KingDavid
11/15/2007, 12:16 PM
Can he cover a TE over the middle? If yes, then he's got the job at LB!

He's too slow. Guess we'll have to line him up at guard.

JJ, you'll need to add a little weight, ya hear? Or quicken your step a bit . . .;)

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
11/16/2007, 11:17 PM
With missing out on both Major and now Brown, my bet is that Johnson will go for backer - it's the place with the most opportunity for immediate PT. And he looks to be really special at that position, too. I don't know why he isn't ranked higher by rivals. He's really incredible if you look at his film on both sides of the ball. I think he looks more natural at linebacker, personally.

Seems alot of us have forgotten about the STEAL we took from nebbish last year, hes listed at 233 now and he has ran a 4.34 forty.....Travis Lewis will be the next stud at LB for OU!!!!

BASSooner
11/17/2007, 02:21 AM
Particularly as the RB depth chart next year will include (in no particular order)
DeMarco Murray (So)
Chris Brown (Jr)
Mossis Madu (So)
Jermie Calhoun (Fr)

Not a lot of touches in that group, even though Johnson IS very talented on offense. I'm thinking he's a LB and that's what he's expecting to play.
He most definitely could play on offense. If he were to be added into the mix of RBs. He has great chance of playing AND make the other RBs play harder in order to compete for more play time.