PDA

View Full Version : after all this scenario talk

colinreturn
11/14/2007, 08:31 PM
one thing i dont understand is how LSU is exempt from all the who should be in the NC game talk. Who decided that they get to waltz right into the national championship while everyone else has to fight?

discuss.:pop:

josh09
11/14/2007, 08:37 PM
They should have a pretty tough game in the SEC championship, but i dont see them getting beat by Ole Miss.

KantoSooner
11/14/2007, 08:39 PM
LSU.....mmmmmmm.....SEC.....mmmmmm....Les Smiles......mmmmmm.....Angry murmur.......mmmmmmm.....whiff of pathetic whining in the air......mmmmmmm.....media conspiracy.....mmmm....strength of schedule rumination.....mmmmm

Did I miss any major points?

85sooners
11/14/2007, 09:10 PM
:hot:

peanous
11/14/2007, 09:49 PM
SEC>AFC

BoomerSooner07
11/14/2007, 09:54 PM
one thing i dont understand is how LSU is exempt from all the who should be in the NC game talk. Who decided that they get to waltz right into the national championship while everyone else has to fight?

discuss.:pop:
:les: Because Leslie will take his team and play any sucker.

FlatheadSooner
11/14/2007, 10:03 PM
Because the media likes their resolve.
:les:

TUSooner
11/14/2007, 10:16 PM
One dog barks at nothing; the rest bark at him.
~ some old Chinese guy

sanantoniosooner
11/14/2007, 10:32 PM
One dog barks at nothing; the rest bark at him.
~ some old Chinese guy
That should be the motto of this place.

birddog
11/14/2007, 10:46 PM
mebbe because they are #1 in the bcs right now? i know it sounds irrational to me too.

colinreturn
11/14/2007, 11:20 PM
mebbe because they are #1 in the bcs right now? i know it sounds irrational to me too.

thats my point? humans make up the majority of the bcs.

mdklatt
11/14/2007, 11:42 PM
Assumptions:

1) Ohio State wins out, LSU wins out, Oregon wins out, OU, KU or Missouri wins out.

2) Hawaii (spare me) and WVU are excluded from discussion.

In that case, it's a no-brainer: LSU vs Big 12 champion. OSU and Oregon won't be any better in the loss column, but more importantly they'll have fewer wins because they don't have to play in a conference championship game. Should they punished because of the way their conference is set up? No, but neither should Big 12 or SEC teams. 12 wins > 11 wins. Cry me a river and enjoy your precious Rose Bowl.

chad
11/14/2007, 11:57 PM
Once USC started losing, LSU became the new media darling.

It doesn't matter how close they win their games, or in how lucky of a manner, all it matters is that the overcome adversity and still win :rolleyes:

but honestly, it is because they have a commanding lead in the #1 spot, and it is doubtful 2 teams will be able to pass them without a loss. Thus, they are a lock.

stoopified
11/15/2007, 12:11 AM
Voting is for Miss America Pageants,football should be decided on the field.

Crucifax Autumn
11/15/2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah, when LSU wins one in the waning minutes it's resolve and a championship attitude. When we struggle early and pull one out it's a weakness and a sign we aren't ready for prime time.

Oh well, we'll straighten 'em out on this one and then the next few years we'll finally be free of the "losing the big bowl game" rep we have with a lot of the media. And I seriously think we're gonna end up looking a lot better in the computer rankings very soon, perhaps this weekend. We've made more progress there than in the human polls lately and the gap will be closing as some of the other contenders' SOS begins to fall and some of the high ranked computer teams lose a game.

insuranceman_22
11/15/2007, 12:52 AM
Voting is for Miss America Pageants,football should be decided on the field.

Amen

sanantoniosooner
11/15/2007, 08:18 AM
The only way we will know a true champion is to have a double elimination tournament involving every team in Div 1

birddog
11/15/2007, 08:40 AM
thats my point? humans make up the majority of the bcs.

how about you tell us your plan to fix the problem in one of the 300 bcs threads. the polls have always determined who is good and who isn't.

your original point is why is lsu exempt from fighting to get into the bcs game. don't forget the stupid computers have a say in it as well.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/15/2007, 12:03 PM
LSU lifts weights and they wrestle alligators thereby being exempt from scrutiny...

r5TPsooner
11/15/2007, 12:04 PM
If we don't win in Lubbock on Saturday, none of the BCS talk really matters.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/15/2007, 12:08 PM
If we don't win in Lubbock on Saturday, none of the BCS talk really matters.

You give us posters way too much credit. None of this BCS talk really matters either way...:D :D :D