PDA

View Full Version : Credibility of Pac-10 Officials out the window?

oupride
11/14/2007, 01:29 PM
I thought this was unusual. The Oregon State AD Bob De Carolis quoted "If something more doesn't happen then the credibility of the conference is out the window." Huh? Ya think? What year? I wonder if the Pac-10 Commish/Conference can/will fine him? the school? Pac-10 Commissioner Tom Hansen, in a statement Monday, acknowledged that a replay should have occurred. He said the replay officials will receive letters of reprimand, and that no further penalties would be assessed. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3108702
Forgive if this has already been discussed. Thanks.

oupride
11/14/2007, 02:01 PM
Hansen said in 2006 that the officials will be "closely monitored" in the future.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2593564

Dan Thompson
11/14/2007, 02:32 PM
They where "closely monitored" - everyone was watch the screw up.

Curly Bill
11/14/2007, 03:16 PM
Until there is some real system demanding accountability from these guys we're going to keep seeing these screw-ups on a regular basis. Right now they know that nothing meaningful is going to happen to them, and beyond that they will be shielded by their conferences. I think that's a big part of why we're seeing coaches more and more speaking out as Leach did, because there's frustration on the part of coaches that these guys aren't held accountable.

Beyond that they're placed on a pedestal where it's like blasphemy to even dare question the integrity or quality of these guys. I really think there is an attitude among officials that they are largely untouchable.

Blues1
11/14/2007, 03:51 PM
They where "closely monitored" - everyone was watch the screw up.

My Guess - They were Not even in the replay booth...Probably out cashing their $400.00 checks with less than 2 minutes to go.....:eek:

85sooners
11/14/2007, 04:48 PM
They where "closely monitored" - everyone was watch the screw up.lol

soonersn2007
11/14/2007, 06:15 PM
A penalty of castration seems appropriate to bring accountability back to these refs.

soonerhubs
11/14/2007, 06:54 PM
Bump to lower the "Stole My Boy's Trophy" Thread. :D

Suerreal
11/15/2007, 12:06 AM
Oops, too late! If the Pac-10 wants credibility, it could start by doing what every other conference does, and bringing in neutral conference officials for non-conference games hosted by Pac-10 schools.

My personal suspicion is that the reason the Pac-10 insists upon using their own crews at their home games is that all the other conferences would hire high school refs over the Pac-10 clowns.

Crucifax Autumn
11/15/2007, 12:44 AM
I'd hire mister magoo, Krusty the Clown, and Otis from the Andy Griffith show before I'd hire PAC-10 officials...The PAC stands for Pros At Cheating