PDA

View Full Version : If the starting lineups from all of the top teams......

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 09:30 PM
were kidnapped by UFOs, who do you think could finish out the season at the top of the polls?

Alternately.......what if the BCS computers were taken over by the aliens and they included a provision for ranking teams in an alphabetical order as one of the polls?

birddog
11/13/2007, 09:31 PM
is the answer alf?

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 09:32 PM
Air Force would jump to the top of the polls, but Alabama would be in striking distance for their 47th MNC.

LSUdeek
11/13/2007, 09:36 PM
were kidnapped by UFOs, who do you think could finish out the season at the top of the polls?

Alternately.......what if the BCS computers were taken over by the aliens and they included a provision for ranking teams in an alphabetical order as one of the polls?

LSU: :D

Ryan Perriloux (5*) QB
Terrance Tolliver (5*), Jared Mitchell, Chris Mitchell WR
Keiland Williams (5*) RB
Jarvis Jones, Ryan Miller, Will Arnold, T-Bob Hebert, Barksdale OL

Nevis, Woods (5*), Alem, RJF DL
Cutrera, Riley, SHeppard LB
Eugene, Hawkins CB
McCray, Taylor S

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 09:37 PM
yeah, but LSU is pretty far down the Alphabetical list.

It would be tough to overcome.

tommieharris91
11/13/2007, 09:37 PM
:stunned: OUS WOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE ALPHABETICAL LIST!!!

birddog
11/13/2007, 09:39 PM
yeah, but LSU is pretty far down the Alphabetical list.

It would be tough to overcome.

if they changed their name to coon arse tech they could make a run for an at-large bid.

peanous
11/13/2007, 09:39 PM
That same day OSU sells out a home game! Armagedon

OUDoc
11/13/2007, 09:42 PM
Who's "alphabetical order"? Our alphabet or their alphabet?

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 09:49 PM
Who's "alphabetical order"? Our alphabet or their alphabet?
Good Point.

What could be some alternative voting systems that aliens could enforce on the BCS?

OKC Sooner
11/13/2007, 10:04 PM
Good Point.

What could be some alternative voting systems that aliens could enforce on the BCS?

What do you mean, "alternative"? The aliens HAVE landed, and they're obviously in control of the BCS computer rankings even now.

"Well, they are people, just like us - from within our own solar system. Except that their society is more highly evolved. I mean, they don't have no wars, they got no monetary system, they don't have any leaders, because, I mean, each man is a leader. I mean, each man - because of their technology, they are able to feed, clothe, house, and transport themselves equally - and with no effort...Why don't they reveal themselves to us is because if they did it would cause a general panic. Now, I mean, we still have leaders upon whom we rely for the release of this information. These leaders have decided to repress this information because of the tremendous shock that it would cause to our antiquated systems. Now, the result of this has been that the Venutians have contacted people in all walks of life - all walks of life. (He laughs) Yes. It-it-it would be a devastatin' blow to our antiquated systems - so now the Venutians are meeting with people in all walks of life - in an advisory capacity. For once man will have a god-like control over his own destiny. He will have a chance to transcend and to evolve with some equality for all.
"

AlabamaSooner
11/13/2007, 10:05 PM
In addition, does the length of the school name factor in at all? I'm new to this alien ranking system. :P

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 10:06 PM
What do you mean, "alternative"? The aliens HAVE landed, and they're obviously in control of the BCS computer rankings.
We've been kicking around different possibilities for weeks.

I just wanted to cover the alien invasion slant.

It's possible that they could vote teams according to enrollment or date of establishment.

hOlden caUlfield...
11/13/2007, 10:15 PM
Halzle or Nichol paired up with Demarco Murray wouldn't be too far behind that LSU squad.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/13/2007, 10:20 PM
Maybe I m alien

I think they should have an 8 team playoff and seed the teams in alphabetical order. And they should play all four first round games in the same place on the same day...Sell all day passes for 400 dollars a ticket...

And then re seed the teams in the 2nd round by having the coaches pick a number between 1 and 100..whoever is closest is 1st and etc..

1. Arizona State
2. Kansas
3. LSU
4. Missouri
5. Ohio State
6. Oklahoma
7. Oregon
8. West Virgiana

boomersooner28
11/14/2007, 05:01 AM
if they changed their name to coon arse tech they could make a run for an at-large bid.

:D Spek.

BudSooner
11/14/2007, 11:29 AM
Hmmmmm, nevermind.

sanantoniosooner
11/14/2007, 04:14 PM
Hmmmmm, nevermind.
you can't get off that easy.

Speak your mind.

85sooners
11/14/2007, 04:50 PM
:eek:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/14/2007, 05:59 PM
I say disregard the second condition. if only the first condition was in effect, the answer is notre Dame, 'cause they've been sandbagging, and keeping all their best athletes on the second team all year.

proudsoonergal
11/14/2007, 07:09 PM
:stunned: OUS WOULD BE AT THE TOP OF THE ALPHABETICAL LIST!!!

[hairGel] THAT AIN'T TRUE!!!!!