PDA

View Full Version : How bout this scenario for total chaos?

SoonerStormchaser
11/13/2007, 07:31 PM
1. tOSU loses to Meechigan this weekend
2. Quackers lose to either Mike or the Schizos from Westwood
3. Lester U loses to Arkiepiggie or in the CCG
4. Arizona St loses to SUCC
5. WVU loses to Cincinnati
6. Kansas loses to Mizzou
7. Mizzou loses to OU in the CCG
8. OU runs the table to the MNC game

The MNC game could then, theoretically come down to:

STOOPS vs. MANGINO

Does your brain hurt yet? Mine does. After all,

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
http://www.scvhistory.com/gif/lw2145g.jpg

Stitch Face
11/13/2007, 08:42 PM
That's a lotta losin'.

setem
11/13/2007, 08:48 PM
KU could beat Mizzou in all that chaos and I think they would make it into the ship!

Maybe..no...?

If they lose to Mizzou and then not make it into the Big XII game how would they get in? Did Nebraska do that a few years back?

I was thinking about that today. I saw that one of the guys on ESPN had KU and OU in the Salsa Bowl!

jk the sooner fan
11/13/2007, 08:49 PM
how bout we quit worrying about what other teams do or dont do, and just worry about our own damn team

landrun
11/13/2007, 09:00 PM
Seriously. This could happen. It is what I'm hoping for. :)

sooner n houston
11/13/2007, 09:28 PM
1. LSU 11-2: loses to Georgia
2. Oregon 10-2: loses at UCLA (Pac-10 Champs)
3. Kansas 11-2: loses to Missou, loses to OU
4. OU 11-2: loses at Texas Tech, beats Kansas (Big 12 Champs)
5. Missouri 10-2: loses at K-State, beats Kansas
6. West Virginia 10-2: loses to UConn (or at Cincinnati)
7. Ohio State 10-2: loses at Michigan
8. Arizona State 10-2: Loses to USC
9. Georgia 11-2: Wins out (SEC Champs)
10. Virginia Tech 11-2: Wins out (ACC Champs)
11. USC 11-2: Wins out
12. Florida 9-3: Wins out
13. Texas 10-2: Wins out
16. Hawaii: Wins out

In this scenario, Hawaii is undefeated and no other team has less than two losses.

(I stole the above from a poster, Lazy Engineer an OU fan, on hornfans.)

peanous
11/13/2007, 09:28 PM
If two Big 12 teams make it to the NC game then they would again tweak the system. I mean the big 12 is a weak football conference afterall! ;)

setem
11/13/2007, 09:34 PM
This happens all the time on NCAA 08!!!

I beat the snot out of Texas and by the end of the season they are back to the top and I beat them again!!!!

jk the sooner fan
11/13/2007, 09:39 PM
well if it happens on NCAA 08, then its probably gonna happen in r/l

SoonerStormchaser
11/14/2007, 11:06 AM
See? It can happen if NCAA 08 says it can...

KingBarry
11/14/2007, 11:21 AM
If two Big 12 teams make it to the NC game then they would again tweak the system. I mean the big 12 is a weak football conference afterall! ;)

Didn't they already tweak the system to make it impossible for any team that failed to win its conference to play in the BCS title game? Didn't that happen after Nebraska got throttled by Miami in the Rose Bowl in 2001 season?

If so -- OU/KU for all the beans is impossible. How 'bout OU-Hawaii for all the beans?

For that matter, it is impossible for any two teams from the same conference to meet in the BCS championship -- I guess unless they are co-champs in conference w/o a CCG?

trey
11/14/2007, 11:42 AM
Didn't they already tweak the system to make it impossible for any team that failed to win its conference to play in the BCS title game? Didn't that happen after Nebraska got throttled by Miami in the Rose Bowl in 2001 season?

If so -- OU/KU for all the beans is impossible. How 'bout OU-Hawaii for all the beans?

For that matter, it is impossible for any two teams from the same conference to meet in the BCS championship -- I guess unless they are co-champs in conference w/o a CCG?

No. You don't have to win your conference to play in the natty. ou didn't win the big 12 in '03 and still played for the bcs champ

Lott's Bandana
11/14/2007, 11:44 AM

Sooners vs. Boise State!!

josh09
11/14/2007, 01:55 PM
how bout we quit worrying about what other teams do or dont do, and just worry about our own damn team

Thank you. And if someone happens to lose that is ranked ahead of us, then thats great.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2007, 02:06 PM
I don't understand the bit about chaos. What chaos? The computers and humans will rank two teams to play each other and the game will go on as scheduled.

Dan Thompson
11/14/2007, 02:24 PM
You have a concussion from bouncing around in those airplanes.

BermudaSooner
11/14/2007, 02:38 PM

How else are we going to get 30,000 posts if we don't talk about the same ****e over and over?

Blues1
11/14/2007, 02:56 PM
Here's My Guess ------OU vs Arizona State in NEEEEW OELREANS....!! - :)

4. ARIZONA STATE --- WINS OUT -& Crushes usc

Paperclip
11/14/2007, 02:59 PM
So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Sooners must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number to three. And then the Sooners can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.

Then, if the Sooners beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

texas bandman
11/14/2007, 03:06 PM
So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Sooners must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number to three. And then the Sooners can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.

Then, if the Sooners beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup, unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play LA and Pittsburgh in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

That was my thinking exactly! nothing chaotic about that! :D

Curly Bill
11/14/2007, 03:25 PM
How else are we going to get 30,000 posts if we don't talk about the same ****e over and over?

;)

r5TPsooner
11/14/2007, 03:28 PM

STOOPS vs. MANGINO

Does your brain hurt yet? Mine does. After all,

http://www.scvhistory.com/gif/lw2145g.jpg

Does the state of Louisiana have enough cajun food to satisfy mangino at the buffet line?;)

jkjsooner
11/14/2007, 05:47 PM
Here's a scenario that was close to happening a few years ago.

OU wins every regular season game and goes 11-0. Texas has only one loss to OU. OU loses the CCG and drops below Texas. Texas get in the MNC game.

That would be pathetic. We would be punished for losing late but we would have lost a game that Texas didn't even qualify to play in....

StormySooner-IN
11/14/2007, 05:57 PM
CBS's (and ESPNs) Prediction Right Now.......

http://www.tipsyturtle.net/forum/imagehosting/5473b7cec7fa84.bmp