PDA

View Full Version : My First Game at OU was PRICELESS!

soonerhubs
11/12/2007, 10:00 PM
My wife, her parents, my brother and wife, his boy, and a family friend went to see OU-Baylor (Section 2 Row 7), and I can honestly say I was amazed.

I've seen many spectacular things such as the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc, but there is a Magic in that stadium that was more fun than much any other experience. I will list my favorite parts:

-- Over 40,000 fans yelling Boomer! While the other 40,000 of us yelled Sooner!

--Yelling till I lose my voice knowing my racket may be enough of the straw on the camel's back to make an opponent's QB miss a call.

--Watching and cheering as the '67 team came out onto the field to be honored.

--Jumping up on down as DeMarco Murray ran that Kick off back for a TD.

--Pre game...Getting to see Gute stand side by side visiting with JJF. (My next photo op needs to be my wife (5' 0") standing by Phil Loadholdt.)

--Seeing firsthand the legend Josh Heupel walking around and being the Leader he was always born to be.

--Seeing THE LEGEND, Bob Stoops, being the Leader he was born to be as well.

--Getting chills while hearing the Band playing Boomer Sooner and watching our Sooners hit the field.

--Kissing my wife after every touch down, and being close enough to see Jim Ross (A Class Act) take time to stop and pose for a random fan's camera phone.

We stayed passed the final second, and I almost wished it was longer.

I apologize for not getting to the SF tailgate, but I had some homework and many other things to do that I'd put off for this experience I'll never forget.

It was so much fun, I need to look for a PhD program in Norman that'll take me after I finish the Masters here.

Soonerfans, I felt honored to be there Saturday, and I'll never stop rooting for the Crimson and Cream.

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

olevetonahill
11/12/2007, 10:05 PM
So are ya sayin Ya had a Good time ?

OKLA21FAN
11/12/2007, 10:06 PM
first times = good times

just sayin

85sooners
11/12/2007, 10:06 PM
:)

soonerhubs
11/12/2007, 10:07 PM
So are ya sayin Ya had a Good time ?
I'll be talking about that experience for years to come, and we'll definitely be back.

Stitch Face
11/12/2007, 10:07 PM
--Kissing my wife after every touch down

Just don't start squeezin' yer nuts.

olevetonahill
11/12/2007, 10:08 PM
I'll be talking about that experience for years to come, and we'll definitely be back.
Im so old I cant remember MY 1st game :O

soonerhubs
11/12/2007, 10:11 PM
I honestly felt like a kid at Disneyland. My head was going every direction whilst I kept nudging my wife saying, "Look! There's Joe John Finley! Look! There's Malcolm Kelly!"
She must've been thinking, "Relax man! They're just doing warm ups!"

StormySooner-IN
11/12/2007, 10:16 PM
Just don't start squeezin' yer nuts.Bwahaha:D

Glad you had fun hubler. My first game was this year against UteState. I've been to all the places you mentioned; as young as I am; and the OU game was probably my favorite. It really is a magical experience. It was even more fun cause I got to fly down thru Dallas, and I saw some other OU fans, Whorn and aTm fans in their polos going to their respective cities, and I talked to a few to occupy the time.
I sat in Sec. 8, row 37. Joe Washington came right by our seats around halftime and I got to shake his hand.

Tiptonsooner
11/12/2007, 10:49 PM
I sat in sec 2 row 10, I saw a little Hubler in a 28 jersey. I assume being held by a big Hubler standing at the rail.

soonerhubs
11/12/2007, 10:51 PM
I sat in sec 2 row 10, I saw a little Hubler in a 28 jersey. I assume being held by a big Hubler standing at the rail.
That was Hublah holding his son. I hope you had as much as I did. :)

sooner59
11/12/2007, 11:01 PM
I remember my first OU game. 2003 North Texas....poured rain, soaked to the bone, and I still had a great time. Also, this year was my second OU-TX game, and first for us to win. I was on the 20 yard line row 6. When Demarco leaped over that guy and ran right in front of me for a touchdown, I was going crazier than I ever have. (except maybe the Marcus Walker pick-6 against Boise State)

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 11:10 PM
Every game at OU is priceless, even in the 90's...

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 11:15 PM
I think the craziest I've ever been was at the OSU game in 1999. When JT (I think it was JT, right?) ran that last punt back to go up 44-7, and we knew we were goingt o a bowl game for the first time in forever.

That trombone is STILL non-functional. Destroyed does not begin to describe it.

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 11:16 PM
I think the craziest I've ever been was at the OSU game in 1999. When JT (I think it was JT, right?) ran that last punt back to go up 44-7, and we knew we were goingt o a bowl game for the first time in forever.

That trombone is STILL non-functional. Destroyed does not begin to describe it.

J. T. Thatcher....

soonerhubs
11/12/2007, 11:47 PM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_GQomTj01B5Y/RzkrfqX7N2I/AAAAAAAAAN8/_5jNWi-DMVM/s400/Dan+and+Rach.JPG

Finally got my picture uploaded.
That's my better half and I. She's such a good sport. I'm the most blessed man alive.

:)

soonerhubs
11/12/2007, 11:51 PM
One last picture :)

Malcolm, Me, Li'l Hublah, and Mrs S.H. :)

http://bp1.blogger.com/_GQomTj01B5Y/Rzks86X7N3I/AAAAAAAAAOE/0JNDa42Fdd4/s400/dan+rach+and+isaac.JPG

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 11:52 PM
Great pics !!!

Stitch Face
11/12/2007, 11:57 PM

http://bp1.blogger.com/_GQomTj01B5Y/Rzks86X7N3I/AAAAAAAAAOE/0JNDa42Fdd4/s400/dan+rach+and+isaac.JPG

I don't know why people talk about adding on to our stadium when we can't even fill the one we've got. Shameful.

Jimminy Crimson
11/13/2007, 12:43 AM
I don't know why people talk about adding on to our stadium when we can't even fill the one we've got. Shameful.

heh :cool:

SicEmBaylor
11/13/2007, 12:46 AM
My wife, her parents, my brother and wife, his boy, and a family friend went to see OU-Baylor (Section 2 Row 7), and I can honestly say I was amazed.

I've seen many spectacular things such as the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc, but there is a Magic in that stadium that was more fun than much any other experience. I will list my favorite parts:

-- Over 40,000 fans yelling Boomer! While the other 39,999 of us yelled Sooner!

--Yelling till I lose my voice knowing my racket may be enough of the straw on the camel's back to make an opponent's QB miss a call.

--Watching and cheering as the '67 team came out onto the field to be honored.

--Jumping up on down as DeMarco Murray ran that Kick off back for a TD.

--Pre game...Getting to see Gute stand side by side visiting with JJF. (My next photo op needs to be my wife (5' 0") standing by Phil Loadholdt.)

--Seeing firsthand the legend Josh Heupel walking around and being the Leader he was always born to be.

--Seeing THE LEGEND, Bob Stoops, being the Leader he was born to be as well.

--Getting chills while hearing the Band playing Boomer Sooner and watching our Sooners hit the field.

--Kissing my wife after every touch down, and being close enough to see Jim Ross (A Class Act) take time to stop and pose for a random fan's camera phone.

We stayed passed the final second, and I almost wished it was longer.

I apologize for not getting to the SF tailgate, but I had some homework and many other things to do that I'd put off for this experience I'll never forget.

It was so much fun, I need to look for a PhD program in Norman that'll take me after I finish the Masters here.

Soonerfans, I felt honored to be there Saturday, and I'll never stop rooting for the Crimson and Cream.

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed.

soonerhubs
11/13/2007, 08:42 AM
I'm sure you must be kidding. That stadium was packed. I told you I even had fun during the pre game warmups.

Lott's Bandana
11/13/2007, 09:26 AM

My Dad was in an engineering Masters program at OU (the trade with the USAF for a second combat pilot's tour in VNam). We bought a house over by what is now The Mont and he took me to my first game in 1966. We have had season tix since then...went to games in 1969 without him while he was serving that tour. Thankfully, he came back and was in the stands (Sec 31 row 48!) last Saturday, like he always is.

My point is: I bet I was about Li'l Hublah's age, sittin' on the wood benches and watching Steve Owens break KU's hearts in a driving rainstorm. (Steve and I have talked often about that game.) You won't forget the experience and neither will your little fella...print out your post and save it for him, along with the photos.
The stands will be filled with Li'l Hub's and Hubettes long after us SplinterButts will be gone...

See ya Thanksgiving Saturday?

Partial Qualifier
11/13/2007, 10:28 AM
My first game in 1976 or sometime around then, I'm 8 or 9, it was a cold, cold windy day.. vs. KSU, we were expected to roll... as we walked up to the stadium my dad slapped my ticket into the big-*** ski glove I had on my hand...... when we got to the gate, I looked in my hand and the ticket was GONE, must've slipped out (doh) .. we backtracked, searched, nothing. so we bought some scalped tix after kickoff for like five bucks or something and sat in our original seats.. good times.

My son's first game was Baylor.. good times. No lost tickets. :D

1890MilesToNorman
11/13/2007, 11:02 AM
Now you need to experience OU/Texas, amazing atmosphere at the Cotton Bowl surrounded by cornydgos and the midway before and after.

The other three places I saw our Sooners was the Carrier Dome (in the 90's sometime) in Syracuse and a long time ago out in LA ('73 I think) against USuck. Don't bother going to Stillwater, waste of time.

My only regret was never seeing them in the Orange Bowl and now I never will.

Lott's Bandana
11/13/2007, 11:14 AM
Now you need to experience OU/Texas, amazing atmosphere at the Cotton Bowl surrounded by cornydgos and the midway before and after.

The other three places I saw our Sooners was the Carrier Dome (in the 90's sometime) in Syracuse and a long time ago out in LA ('73 I think) against USuck. Don't bother going to Stillwater, waste of time.

My only regret was never seeing them in the Orange Bowl and now I never will.

OU/SaxaT...definitely...take Li'l H.

Carrier Dome? That was against McNabb, right? Wow...seems like forever ago.

"Don't bother with Stillwater"...........word.

Seen 'em in Lawrence, Boulder, Arrowhead, Colorado Springs, Dallas, Stoolwater (nauseating) and Pasadena. The Rose Bowl is everything they say it is. Amazing experience.

Missing OU in the Orange Bowl (did) is like missing the Yankee's in the Stadium (didn't)...still got a chance for that tho.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/13/2007, 11:25 AM
I think I was 9 or 10, and my dad took me to my first Sooner game, in '54 or '55. It was OU vs whomever, with the guys of the 47 game win streak. Harris, Pricer, McDonald, Tubbs, etc. It seemed like half the squad were All-Americans. I mostly remember how slick they were with the plays, and incredibly fast, for a bunch of white guys. Those were the days, my friend...we thought they'd never end!

aurorasooner
11/13/2007, 11:47 AM
I think I was 9 or 10, and my dad took me to my first Sooner game, in '54 or '55. It was OU vs whomever, with the guys of the 47 game win streak. Harris, Pricer, McDonald, Tubbs, etc. It seemed like half the squad were All-Americans. I mostly remember how slick they were with the plays, and incredibly fast, for a bunch of white guys. Those were the days, my friend...we thought they'd never end!Any of you old timers remember going down after a game on Owen Field as a kid and fighting for the Sooner player's chinstraps. Priceless. I don't know if they do it any more or if kids these days would even GAS, but back then to get a Sooner starter's chinstrap was a prize. I had several but the only one I can remember was from Bobby Boyd.

texas bandman
11/13/2007, 11:49 AM
I was a boy scout usher for the entire 1969 season. Watching Steve Owens win the Heisman trophy was memorable, but he sure looked dejected as he walked off the field after the Nebraska game. We lost and I think he was held under 100 yards for the only time that season. Other memorable games was the 1971 OU-Nebraska game. I was in the student section with my Dad (my Mom didn't want to go to the game because of the rain) and even though it was cold and wet it was a great experience. I still can't believe the refs didn't call the clip on Johnny Rogers' punt return for a touchdown. When I was in the Pride, Billy Sims won his Heisman and I got to see the future of football when John Elway and Stanford came into Norman and destroyed us on another cold rainy day. I have many great memories that were made following the Sooners. BOOMER!

11/13/2007, 11:57 AM
I was a boy scout usher for the entire 1969 season. Watching Steve Owens win the Heisman trophy was memorable, but he sure looked dejected as he walked off the field after the Nebraska game. We lost and I think he was held under 100 yards for the only time that season. Other memorable games was the 1971 OU-Nebraska game. I was in the student section with my Dad (my Mom didn't want to go to the game because of the rain) and even though it was cold and wet it was a great experience. I still can't believe the refs didn't call the clip on Johnny Rogers' punt return for a touchdown. When I was in the Pride, Billy Sims won his Heisman and I got to see the future of football when John Elway and Stanford came into Norman and destroyed us on another cold rainy day. I have many great memories that were made following the Sooners. BOOMER!You seem to remember the negatives most. That's unique for a Sooner fan.

aurorasooner
11/13/2007, 12:05 PM
Other memorable games was the 1971 OU-Nebraska game. I was in the student section with my Dad Well if you set there then you must remember 1) There were so many people in the student section that it must've been 200% of capacity. (I think they were just letting anyone in the student gate because they thought that most of the students had left for Thanksgiving. That section was crowded but everyone was having a helluva time. 2) you could perfectly see that last ditch pass from Mildren to Harrison, as Harrison broke free over the middle, and it was just barely over-thrown. 3) The traffic jam getting out of Norman was just insane. . Everyone, even the students, were trying to get out of town because their folks told them they would hold Thanksgiving dinner so they were supposed to leave the game early and be on time. LOL on that happening that day.

Lott's Bandana
11/13/2007, 12:20 PM
I still can't believe the refs didn't call the clip on Johnny Rogers' punt return for a touchdown. BOOMER!

TWO clips(!!), and both Nebbish players admit to such...over 35 years later and still :hot:

11/13/2007, 12:28 PM
TWO clips(!!), and both Nebbish players admit to such...over 35 years later and still :hot:Not to mention the other blown calls late in the game that went against the Sooners.

deweydw
11/13/2007, 12:55 PM
Currently, I can only dream of attending a home game. I didn't go to OU but was raised a fan. However, my uncle and cousins graduated OU. My niece is currently attending OU. This year was her first time to go to the RR game. She was blown away. It was the most exciting time she ever had. My sister and brother in-law went to the Muzzou and ATM games. She keeps rubbing it in.

Growing up, we would go to my great-grandmothers house in Grove for Thanksgiving. Get stuffed and watch OU-NEB. My grandmother lived in Norman. Always loved going there. Just biding my time until I am able to go one day. It's great to read threads like this one.

texas bandman
11/13/2007, 01:45 PM
Well if you set there then you must remember 1) There were so many people in the student section that it must've been 200% of capacity. (I think they were just letting anyone in the student gate because they thought that most of the students had left for Thanksgiving. That section was crowded but everyone was having a helluva time. 2) you could perfectly see that last ditch pass from Mildren to Harrison, as Harrison broke free over the middle, and it was just barely over-thrown. 3) The traffic jam getting out of Norman was just insane. . Everyone, even the students, were trying to get out of town because their folks told them they would hold Thanksgiving dinner so they were supposed to leave the game early and be on time. LOL on that happening that day.

Yes, I do remember it being crowded, but I was just happy to be there!! As a 12 year old getting to go to the most hyped game ever played was a treat. I remember that the atmosphere was electric and the the game was like two heavyweight fighters standing toe-to-toe matching punch for punch. It's too bad someone had to lose.

I'm getting to take my sons (age 8 and 10) to their first OU game this weekend. I hope that it's as memorable as the games from my childhood. I bought my tickets from the Tech website so I'll probably be a speck of crimson in a sea of red, so if you see an older OU fan being assaulted by the student body of Tech, it's probably me. I just hope we beat the stuffing out of the Red Raiders.

jwlynn64
11/13/2007, 02:02 PM
first times = good times

just sayin

Just as long as you're not trying to say that first times = good. Some things do require a little practice to perfect! ;)

Don't print this post out for Li'l Hublah. :eek:

yermom
11/13/2007, 02:04 PM
my first game was 2001 UNC. it was hot and sunny, and the rain waited until right after the game was over. i still have the sombrero from the student section.

listening to the Pride, cheering with the crowd, watching us pound some team that dared come to Owen Field. i've been hooked ever since.

and yeah, The Cotton Bowl is another level entirely that weekend in October

11/13/2007, 02:10 PM
my first game was 2001 UNC. it was hot and sunny, and the rain waited until right after the game was over. i still have the sombrero from the student section.

listening to the Pride, cheering with the crowd, watching us pound some team that dared come to Owen Field. i've been hooked ever since.

and yeah, The Cotton Bowl is another level entirely that weekend in OctoberWTH, you didn't go to an OU game before attending OU? Were you from out of state?

yermom
11/13/2007, 02:19 PM
i didn't go when i attended OU :O

i didn't grow up with football really and i was otherwise occupied on Saturdays, generally. i basically discovered college football in 2000 when i started working in an office with people that talked about it all the time

11/13/2007, 02:46 PM
i didn't go when i attended OU :O

i didn't grow up with football really and i was otherwise occupied on Saturdays, generally. i basically discovered college football in 2000 when i started working in an office with people that talked about it all the timeOMG!OMG! What transformation will be next for you?

soonersweetie
11/13/2007, 03:51 PM
I don't remember my very first game, I was only 3 yrs old and my dad said we sat near the visitor section on the east side and we played oregon st. and lost.

But the one game that does stand out to me was OU vs Nebraska. I'm not sure what year it was, but it was in the 70's and it was at Owen Field and sleeting rain and sooo very cold. We sat in the north endzone, sec 17 (like we still do today). My mom dressed me like i was a polar bear. And my dad had the smarts to bring an old vinyl table cloth and drape it over us to keep the icy rain off of us. My dad asked me several times if I wanted to go down underneath the stands to get warm. And i remember saying, are you crazy!!!!??? and miss the game??? I said, if the players can be out here in it, then so can I. He just laughed with me and we had the greatest time. I think I was around 9-10 yrs old.

There is something very special about that place. It is definitely magical.

Outopia
11/13/2007, 07:08 PM
My first OU game. I was a little kid and went with a church group to Oregon State,,,,,and we lost. In 1970, and Jack Mildren was the quarterback. Two weeks later (I think we had a bye), OU went to the wishbone against Texas. We sat in the old south end zone metal bleachers, if I remember right.

My first College game was at "The Payne County Tractor Driving Academy". We were there for Parents Day. My older brother (OU Fan) attended there, and yes he is an aggie grad. OSU lost (of course) to Mizzou. OSU had a guy named Dickie Graham an he was about all they had. Mizzou had a receiver named Mel Gray (who was a pretty good receiver that played in the NFL). Just like now, there were plenty of seats, and the crowd didn't seem very football savy or seem to care about the game. You sensed that they were all resigned to lose from the beginning, because they just seemed to be about wanting to socialize for three-and-half-hours.

SOONERnTx
11/13/2007, 07:15 PM
My first two Sooner games at Owen Field were the MissOUri game and the Baylor game. Both were awesome! Also during both of these games the #1 team in the nation lost. LSU during the mizzou game and ohio st. during the baylor game. Anyone wanna donate tickets to me for the cowpoke game, I think I have the sooner magic! Lightining could strike 3 times in a row!!!!

cvsooner
11/13/2007, 07:31 PM
First game was Baylor, 1974. A really good team on both sides of the ball. OU wound up being national champs and that was probably the closest game of the season. Switzer took a lot of heat because we only won by something like 17 points. Afterwards, Barry said, "Those guys are really good. They're going places." Baylor didn't lose much that season, won the Southwest Conf. and I think the Cotton Bowl. OU didn't go to a bowl 'cause we were on probation.

The 1974 squad is the most dominating Sooner team I've ever seen.

crimson&cream
11/13/2007, 07:56 PM
Your son looks alot like my oldest grandson who I took to his first OU game this yr against UNT. The neat thing was 20 yrs earlier to the very weekend I took my youngest son to his first OU game -yep against UNT Both games-blowouts.
Before the first game this yr I took my grandson and youngest son to the spot - well as close as we could get to it north of the stadium where I took pictures of J 20 yrs earlier then I took pics of them together then both alone.
All those pics to be put in a big frame

sooner-n-ga
11/13/2007, 08:11 PM
was the Missouri - OU game, me and the wife sat in section 2, row 25, seats 22 and 23 ! Being from Georgia and a life long sooner fan, this is one thing I wanted to do before I died.

jr4ou
11/13/2007, 08:32 PM
glad you had fun......my first ou game, lets see 1979 against colorado i think. i got to see billy sims.

soonerboomer93
11/13/2007, 08:55 PM
1993 top 5 A&M team

my freshman year, we destroyed them.

I grew up in Colorado, we followed the Broncos. Family lived, and breathed the Broncos. I remember getting to Norman before my freshman year, end of June early July for touring the campus, and some other things. First time I saw Memorial Stadium, I was all in.

I was back for Mizzou, first game since N. Texas in '03 (when they opened the upper deck and had the throwback jerseys on). I've seen the pictures of the expansion and everything, but how it looks in person is just so incredible. We had great fans around us too.

76soonergrad
11/13/2007, 10:00 PM
In 1972 I was a Freshman at OU. I had seen high school football of course. But this was..different. Okay, "I'm a chick and OVER 40."

I totally got it that first game. I think there was a player named John Carroll who was a receiver. You could just see the play open up. It was artistry. The quarterback's name was Dave Robertson. "Coach Chuck" was the coach. What was his last name?

There was an offensive lineman named Tom Brahaney. Joe Wilie returned punts. He fumbled sometimes. It was fabulous anyway.

First OU-Texas game was 1973. All 3 Selmon brothers played on that team. Tinker Owens was on the cover of SI afterwards. Steve Davis was quarterback. Jimbo Elrod was a defensive end. Tony DiRienzo did kicks. Silver shoes Joe Washington. I cannot remember the players' names.

We were national champions 2 of the 4 years I was there. What a rush.

Boomer Sooner forever. Isn't it hard to be so close to the top? How do our coaches do it? Remember after losing to LSU, Switzer told Stoops, "I won 3 championships, but I coached in 6 of them." Yeah. Call it tradition.

I hope they are ready for TT. We have the talent. And great expectations.
Live on University.

olevetonahill
11/13/2007, 10:03 PM
I believe that was Fairbanks :D

soonerhubs
11/13/2007, 10:05 PM
Keep em coming.

soonersnow
11/13/2007, 10:06 PM
Im so old I cant remember MY 1st game :O
Me too:) , but I'm sure I felt the same way. Always a great time.:D

olevetonahill
11/13/2007, 10:17 PM
I believe that was Fairbanks :D

76soonergrad
11/13/2007, 10:18 PM
Yes. Coach Chuck Fairbanks. And when folks wanted him out, a bumper sticker war was raged. "Chuck Chuck" it went. So when Switzer got in, the first thing he did, well, one of the first, was to issue a patent or copywrite claim to a bumper sticker that said, "Bury Berry."

I remember being in a bar called the Blue Onion one time. Jimbo Elrod and another defensive player (cannot remember his name) came in talking about how one of them, I think Elrod, had just wrestled a bear. For real. I am not making this up. I am pretty sure Elrod won.

I need to Google the 1972 and '73 teams. We had great offensive lineman and a defense second to none. And all the running backs you could ever want. There was very little passing, though. 3 times a game? Nobody cared then.

Soonerfan88
11/13/2007, 10:44 PM
I grew up in north central Oklahoma and we didn't have money to drive to Norman, let alone buy a game ticket so I was only able to watch them on TV when I could. After that I was in the Army and not stationed close to Oklahoma. After the service, I settled in KC and finally attended my first OU game when I was 30. It was a lucky break due to last minute conflicts but I magically got a call from my brother asking if I wanted to go to the Orange Bowl. Of course I said yes and amazingly enough, my first OU game was for a National Championship.

I now have season tickets and make sure my butt is in that seat 6-7 times a year. This year I attended my first RRS (thanks again, brother) and the only disappointment was being rushed out due to weather.

OUstud
11/13/2007, 10:55 PM
My first game was when I was around 2 or 3, so I don't remember that.

First one I remember? Texas Tech, in the rain, 1996. We lost :( but I remember not wanting to leave.

TexasSooner01
11/14/2007, 10:48 AM
I went to my first game was when I was 7. My daddy took me to the UNT game and it was a blowout!! Since My daddy knew the band director, he was able to take me down on the field after the game and I got to meet The King and The Boz. It was definately unforgettable!! My Daddy took me to at least one game a year after that (and even though I am all grown up I still go to a game with him every year). I have started the same tradition with my oldest boy. I took him to his first game when he was 7 and have taken him to a game every year since. I will also start taking my youngest boy when he is 7 too!

My Daddy and I will be at the OSU game Section 17, Row 62, Thanksgiving Saturday. Hopefully we will see some of you there! Boomer Sooner!!

frankensooner
11/14/2007, 11:12 AM
Dad's Day 1973. I don't remember who we played. I was seven.