PDA

View Full Version : Bad week for little brother

landrun
11/12/2007, 07:53 PM
Bowman out for the year and Collins has been dismissed from the team.

http://newsok.com/article/3168337/1194907797

STILLWATER — Chris Collins is off the Oklahoma State football team for good, the school announced Monday, but he will remain on scholarship.

Last Tuesday, Collins pleaded guilty to sexual assault in a case relating to an incident with a 12-year-old girl when Collins was a high school junior in Texas. The jury has recommended Collins serve a five-year term through probation. A judge will decide the final sentence on Dec. 10.

"Oklahoma State University's head football coach, Mike Gundy met today with Chris Collins to discuss his situation," said Marlene Strathe, interim OSU System CEO and President, in a statement. "Chris has been a model student-athlete since he arrived at OSU last year and coach Gundy felt that he had earned the privilege of hearing the decision face-to-face from his head coach.

"During the meeting Coach Gundy informed Chris that he would no longer be a member of the football team and the University supports Coach Gundy's decision."

Last week, two days following Collins' guilty plea, OSU announced that Collins was suspended from the team through the end of the season.

"Because of the way Chris has conducted himself since coming to OSU, we will honor his athletic scholarship so that he can continue his education at OSU," Strathe's statement said. "If he is so inclined. If he decides to transfer to another school, we will assist him in doing so. We feel deeply sad for everyone involved."

Collins, a linebacker, played in four games this season and had 31 total tackles.

OKLA21FAN
11/12/2007, 07:56 PM
they will be back...... count on it :pop:

Widescreen
11/12/2007, 07:57 PM
TEAM ON THE RISE!

KantoSooner
11/12/2007, 08:00 PM
Probably about the right thing to do. What a mess Gumby got into by recruitinig that guy.

goingoneight
11/12/2007, 08:27 PM
Bowman's gonna have a tough time winning that Heisman now.

In all seriousness... sucks he's hurt... I saw the hit he took and knew right then it was going to be something bad.

As for Collins... I don't see him just staying so he can take classes in Stillwater... he'll look into another FB program. Likely an East Popcorn State kinda thing, because A: he's not very good, and B: his rep is tranished.

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 11:29 PM
...for dismissing Collins permanetly...tough deal but the right decision...

okienole3
11/13/2007, 12:09 AM
I would prefer that a rapist not keep a full ride to a state university.

Tailgate
11/13/2007, 12:31 AM
Do you seriously refer to them as "little brother?"

Is this new? Isn't a "brother" a part of the family and someone you're supposed to love?

OK2LA
11/13/2007, 12:46 AM

Is this new? Isn't a "brother" a part of the family and someone you're supposed to love?

GEEZ! Well said!

Please, Please, Please!

Do not EVER refer to these guys as "little brother"

EVAR!

Red headed step child - maybe.

OK2LA
11/13/2007, 12:48 AM
I might refer to Tulsa as little brother.

Maybe UCO - as a cousin.

ORU - good friend.

OCCC - drinkin' buddy

OSU - Never EVER related. EVAR!

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2007, 01:32 AM
OSU - Never EVER related. EVAR!

Not to us maybe, but I DO believe they are all related...Uncle grandpa is most assuredly a relative of Aunt Mom and cousin wife.

As far as the actual topic goes, under normal circumstances I'd feel for the players who made dumb mistakes, but not child rapers. Normally I'd feel for injured kids, but I'm not supposed to have opinions on them...just on the coaches, so I really do feel sorry for gumby with his anger issues and downs syndrome.

And what's this probation BS??? Do they just want him out so some righteously angry father can pull a Sam Jackson style Time to Kill scenario? The retard would fare better in prison if it was my daughter he'd touched and we all know how bad prison is for people like him.

wishbonesooner
11/13/2007, 10:04 AM
Good they kicked him off, bad they have to tell all the other kids that are delivering pizzas and working at Subway to be up to their butts in debt for the next ten years that this kid was a good high school football player and he gets to go free.

toast
11/13/2007, 10:17 AM
I'm not buying that Bowman is out for the OU game yet. gumby may use his "miracle return" as an emotional lift ploy when they play us.

"I think he's got a three-week injury,” Gundy said. "I'm guessing on that. It may be earlier than that.”

SOONER STEAKER
11/13/2007, 11:10 AM
Collins will end up at either Sam Houston State or Montana. Seems like those schools take all the rejects. (Bomar/Quinn)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/13/2007, 11:33 AM

I'm compelled to agree. Call them Squeak Scolari...see Baseketball.