:les: [hairGel]

:mack::eddie:

:dean:

usmc-sooner
11/12/2007, 07:57 PM
not a big believer myself.

Curly Bill
11/12/2007, 08:00 PM
...and if it is warming, I'm not sure it's anything we're doing. I think it may be one of those cyclic things the earth goes through.

olevetonahill
11/12/2007, 08:41 PM
PG knows My thots on Global warming :cool:

KABOOKIE
11/12/2007, 08:52 PM
I 5th it. There. It's a consensus.

josh09
11/12/2007, 09:21 PM
Global warming is bull crap.

The argument is over.

Hey, if Al can do it, so can I. :texan:

Word to your motha.

Ike
11/13/2007, 12:37 AM
These days, you don't need evidence or anything like that. All you need is an attitude and a few big words. Throw in a few "periodic cycles", or "carbon emmissions" and wave your hands while blaming everything on the sun or the evil corporations...and of course, the stupid idiots who disagree with you.

If you do all of these things, you too can be an interweb climatologist.

OUTromBoNado
11/13/2007, 01:42 AM
Earth is warming. The exact causes (which are probably many) and how much they contribute in the overall scheme of things...that's the real debate.

crawfish
11/13/2007, 08:29 AM
My 12-year-old son decided last week that he is a global warming activist, and people like me and his mother are destroying the earth. He makes a point to lecture us about all the wasteful things we do. :rolleyes:

SoonerJack
11/13/2007, 08:48 AM
Crawfish, is your son Bobby Hill? That sounds like something he would do. ;-)

OUWxGuesser
11/13/2007, 09:02 AM
My 12-year-old son decided last week that he is a global warming activist, and people like me and his mother are destroying the earth. He makes a point to lecture us about all the wasteful things we do.

Regardless of global warming, is being less wasteful really a bad thing? The kicker is most of the things we can do to reduce emissions or develop alternative energy will have even bigger benefits such as becoming less reliant on foreign oil and cutting pollution (healthier population).

OUDoc
11/13/2007, 09:16 AM
My 12-year-old son decided last week that he is a global warming activist, and people like me and his mother are destroying the earth. He makes a point to lecture us about all the wasteful things we do. :rolleyes:
He should probably lead by example. Decrease his power usage by removing any video games systems and TV's. Batteries are toxic to the environment, you should take away any cell phones, PDA's and MP3 players. See how dedicated he really is. :)

I love doing that stuff to my "smart" kids. :)

r5TPsooner
11/13/2007, 09:24 AM
Blame in on the messicans.

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 09:41 AM
rationing toilet paper is my favorite all time way to help the planet.

If you can find a girl with a cup you can do away with it all together.

OUDoc
11/13/2007, 10:15 AM
rationing toilet paper is my favorite all time way to help the planet.

If you can find a girl with a cup you can do away with it all together.
And, you save the waste water by not flushing.

soonerbrat
11/13/2007, 10:17 AM
i don't even want to know.

crawfish
11/13/2007, 11:50 AM
He should probably lead by example. Decrease his power usage by removing any video games systems and TV's. Batteries are toxic to the environment, you should take away any cell phones, PDA's and MP3 players. See how dedicated he really is. :)

I love doing that stuff to my "smart" kids. :)

Yeah, I pulled a few of them on him. He said "what does it matter, it's all gonna be destroyed anyway". :)

However, at his urging we DID buy a second recycling bin.

crawfish
11/13/2007, 11:51 AM
Regardless of global warming, is being less wasteful really a bad thing? The kicker is most of the things we can do to reduce emissions or develop alternative energy will have even bigger benefits such as becoming less reliant on foreign oil and cutting pollution (healthier population).

GO TO YOUR ROOM!!! AND KEEP THOSE LIGHTS OFF, MISTER!!!

:mad:

BudSooner
11/13/2007, 12:18 PM
Its a myth, i've just been farting more and more. Everyone can go back to what they were doing now, i've notified Al Gore about the situation.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/13/2007, 12:19 PM
Global Warming would yield more production of sugar cane and pineapples, no? WTF is wrong with that? Heck, the range of groupers, snappers and tuna would extend dramatically. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!

rufnek05
11/13/2007, 12:20 PM
its real. "The day after tomorrow" was really a documentary. also half of California fell into the ocean.

Ike
11/13/2007, 12:42 PM
its real. "The day after tomorrow" was really a documentary. also half of California fell into the ocean.

I always wondered how many people realized that "The Day After Tomorrow" was based on a book by Whitley Streiber and Art Bell.

Art Bell. That told me all I ever needed to know about that movie.

jeremy885
11/13/2007, 12:48 PM
Art Bell. That told me all I ever needed to know about that movie.

Dude also likes his asian women on the young side

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Art_%26_Airyn_Ruiz_Bell.jpg

11/13/2007, 01:14 PM
I always wondered how many people realized that "The Day After Tomorrow" was based on a book by Whitley Streiber and Art Bell.

Art Bell. That told me all I ever needed to know about that movie.How the heck did Art Bell's radio show get so successful? and George Norie(sp.?), too?

Ike
11/13/2007, 01:41 PM
How the heck did Art Bell's radio show get so successful? and George Norie(sp.?), too?

Because everyone has a crazy theory about something, and he'll let just about anyone talk about theirs on the air.

11/13/2007, 01:47 PM
Because everyone has a crazy theory about something, and he'll let just about anyone talk about theirs on the air.Of course, but what is surprising to me is that there is a big enough audience to provide ratings good enough for those guys to sell advertising for their shows. It's like watching one of those sitcoms on TV that is almost totally NOT funny. You wonder how long they will last, and some of them surprisingly do well(Will and Grace, the Charlie Sheen show, etc.)

Ike
11/13/2007, 02:23 PM
Of course, but what is surprising to me is that there is a big enough audience to provide ratings good enough for those guys to sell advertising for their shows. It's like watching one of those sitcoms on TV that is almost totally NOT funny. You wonder how long they will last, and some of them surprisingly do well(Will and Grace, the Charlie Sheen show, etc.)

With respect to his show, you have to consider a few things:

a) it's on really late at night...or at least it used to be. I remember listening to it at around 1 am and later.
b) the only people that are up that late at night are either people with night jobs or college students.
b1) statistically, people with night jobs are more likely to believe crazy theories about just about anything.
b2) college students are easily amused.
b3) Also, some people remain easily amused well into adulthood, even if they don't buy into the crazy things talked about on his show, some find it amusing to listen to people talk about them. Kinda like the way many liberals find listening to Limbaugh comedically entertaining.

SoonerBorn68
11/13/2007, 02:30 PM
...or a former vice president running around the barnyard like Chicken Little.

11/13/2007, 02:53 PM
With respect to his show, you have to consider a few things:

a) it's on really late at night...or at least it used to be. I remember listening to it at around 1 am and later.
b) the only people that are up that late at night are either people with night jobs or college students.
b1) statistically, people with night jobs are more likely to believe crazy theories about just about anything.
b2) college students are easily amused.
b3) Also, some people remain easily amused well into adulthood, even if they don't buy into the crazy things talked about on his show, some find it amusing to listen to people talk about them. Kinda like the way many liberals find listening to Limbaugh comedically entertaining.1) I guess you don't need high ratings late-night or early-morning on radio, to sustain a show.. 2) I would bet conservatives find Limbaugh even more comedically entertaining than liberals. He's hilarious to me. BTW, as a middle-of-the-roader, what do you think of his show?

Ike
11/13/2007, 02:56 PM
1) I guess you don't need high ratings late-night or early-morning on radio, to sustain a show.. 2) I would bet conservatives find Limbaugh even more comedically entertaining than liberals. He's hilarious to me. BTW, as a middle-of-the-roader, what do you think of his show?
Its on par with the show that Al Franken used to have. Funny for as long as you don't take him seriously. As a source of information, completely useless.

11/13/2007, 02:59 PM
Its on par with the show that Al Franken used to have. Funny for as long as you don't take him seriously. As a source of information, completely useless.Uh huh! Guess you should continue listening to NPR, CBS or NBC for the hard news.

Fraggle145
11/13/2007, 03:04 PM
Global Warming would yield more production of sugar cane and pineapples, no? WTF is wrong with that? Heck, the range of groupers, snappers and tuna would extend dramatically. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!

I am not sure about the pineapples and sugarcane, but I can guarantee you that is not the effect that it would have on the fishes. Dont forget the range of harmful algae species with toxic effects to humans, and fish would extend too (just like we are seeing already).

85Sooner
11/13/2007, 05:38 PM
Global warming is bull crap.

The argument is over.

Hey, if Al can do it, so can I. :texan:

Global Cooling is gonna kill us all according to Ted Danson exactly 10years
ago this week.

StoopTroup
11/13/2007, 06:01 PM
I've got kind of my own theory on all of this...

I went through Cub Scouts, Webelos and was a Boy Scout until football, basketball and tennis got in the way.

I learned that you don't litter, you leave a campsite better than it was when you got there (if possible), strive to do the right thing....

In other words....

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

I know that many companies have been irresponsible and endangered our Earth many times. The Supersites that have been cleaned up were tradgedies. I hope we never see stuff like that again, however, I know we probably will.

I'd like to think Mr. Gore's intentions were honorable and that he was trying to do ''The Right Thing".

I just don't trust that we are the cause of Global Warming and if we are...I don't trust that all of the other Countries will follow us in trying make less of an impact on the World.

All I can do is try to do better about the things I have an impact on.

My work generates a lot of hazardous materials which we no longer put in regular trash.

Lots of the chemicals we use are continuing to be less harmful to humans and the enviroment.

Any politician that uses global waming as a platform to get elected really should disqualify themselves as IMO...they are knee-jerks and imbecilic.

11/13/2007, 06:11 PM
I am not sure about the pineapples and sugarcane, but I can guarantee you that is not the effect that it would have on the fishes. Dont forget the range of harmful algae species with toxic effects to humans, and fish would extend too (just like we are seeing already).Oh, fergodssakes!

BudSooner
11/13/2007, 07:04 PM
Jeez people, i farted....get over it already. :D