PDA

View Full Version : Another Holtz Classic:

Lott's Bandana
11/12/2007, 04:19 PM
"We shouldn't have polls until the end of the year. The way they do it now, they have to vote again every week because they never get it right!!"
-Coach Loo

Every onth and a while....

The Maestro
11/12/2007, 04:30 PM
I like when he told Mark May that he was glad his dad fought in wars to protect the freedom to say stupid stuff on television.

Lou is coming into his own on T.V.

achiro
11/12/2007, 04:44 PM
Lou called mark may on the fact that last week Mark was saying tosu deserved to be #1 regardless of schedule because they were undefeated but won't put KU up there stating that very reason.

OUDoc
11/12/2007, 04:50 PM
Lou called mark may on the fact that last week Mark was saying tosu deserved to be #1 regardless of schedule because they were undefeated but won't put KU up there stating that very reason.
That was pretty good.

Soonerfan88
11/12/2007, 05:54 PM
I usually don't have too much heartburn over what Lou says but would NEVER want him as the coach of my team. And I certainly don't want to have to speak with him face to face unless I get a spit guard.

Overall, I like him because he makes May look like the fool he is.

Curly Bill
11/12/2007, 08:04 PM
Lou gets a hard time on here, but I don't mind him so much...especially when the domers suck and he can't brag on them.

Sooner02
11/12/2007, 08:24 PM
I like when he told Mark May that he was glad his dad fought in wars to protect the freedom to say stupid stuff on television.
I'm still having a hard time wondering which war he was referring to.

silverwheels
11/12/2007, 08:31 PM
Overall, I like him because he makes May look like the fool he is.

Usually it's the other way 'round. May is a tool, but Holtz makes him look like a genius about nearly everything.

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 08:39 PM

Revolutionary.

Soonerfan88
11/12/2007, 09:19 PM
Usually it's the other way 'round. May is a tool, but Holtz makes him look like a genius about nearly everything.

When they are talking about Notre Dame, which they do entirely too much of, May is definitely the sane one - Lou is worse than Beano about ND. :eek: But otherwise, Lou is good for exposing May as a hypocritical wishy-washy idiot i.e. tOSU & KU.

soonersn2007
11/12/2007, 09:44 PM
Lou and May are both tools, ESPN can't do better than these two morons?

CORNholio
11/12/2007, 09:55 PM
Lou holtz is a legend, kinda. So he has a speech impediment and gets off on domer. It's like if Spurrier were on TV people would bitch about him but the truth is he knows alot more about fball than most of us and is thereby qualified for the job. I'd rather listen to a legendary coach than listen to "g-funk" the ex-Miami Herald editor break it down about how clueless he is.

Leroy Lizard
11/12/2007, 11:12 PM
Remember the night he dragged a Notre Dame lineman off the field by grabbing his face mask? My opinion of Lou Holtz dipped that night and never recovered. I would have had a hard time controlling an urge to knock him into another time zone if that had been me being humiliated like that.

sooneron
11/12/2007, 11:36 PM
French and Indian War

YWIA:D

sooneron
11/12/2007, 11:37 PM
I kind of like his seemingly endless ramblings like a senile relative at the table on Thanksgiving.

KantoSooner
11/13/2007, 12:00 AM
Exactly my thinking. Having nutty relatives myself,I recognize the value of a good diversion.You can go mix another drink with no one the wiser.

OU4LIFE
11/13/2007, 09:52 AM
Remember the night he dragged a Notre Dame lineman off the field by grabbing his face mask? My opinion of Lou Holtz dipped that night and never recovered. I would have had a hard time controlling an urge to knock him into another time zone if that had been me being humiliated like that.

I can't TELL you how many times I had my facemask yanked by a coach, I never once felt the urge to hit a coach though.

CobraKai
11/13/2007, 10:26 AM

Bingo. I think Lou is a goof ball, but he was right on with that remark. It has been interesting....

I loved Lou at Arkansas, hated him at Notre Dame, loved him when he played Granny on Beverly Hillbillies, hated him as a commentator, but I now like him again. Weird.

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 10:33 AM
What? You'd hit him with your keyboard?

You'd take it and like it. If you weren't the one running laps the entire practice because you can't even get the chin strap right.

cheezyq
11/13/2007, 10:58 AM

Sparta v. Troy

Choctaw
11/13/2007, 11:05 AM
Lou and May are both tools, ESPN can't do better than these two morons?

Guess they could bring Trev back. Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!

sooneron
11/13/2007, 11:06 AM
Bingo. I think Lou is a goof ball, but he was right on with that remark. It has been interesting....

I loved Lou at Arkansas, hated him at Notre Dame, loved him when he played Granny on Beverly Hillbillies, hated him as a commentator, but I now like him again. Weird.
You loved Lou at Arkie? Are you a Sooner fan?

stoopified
11/13/2007, 11:13 AM
I'm still having a hard time wondering which war he was referring to.Civil?

Ike
11/13/2007, 11:27 AM
Peloponnesian

CobraKai
11/13/2007, 11:52 AM
You loved Lou at Arkie? Are you a Sooner fan?

Yes, but my dad ran track at Arkansas, so as a child I pulled for the Razorbacks.

Curly Bill
11/13/2007, 11:59 AM

The Crusades.

Lott's Bandana
11/13/2007, 12:07 PM

No opinion of him while at the REAL USC?

"The War Between the Hedges" That war. He was having Carolina/Georgia flashbacks...

sooner_born_1960
11/13/2007, 12:12 PM
If you don't want to be humiliated, play better.

OUmillenium
11/13/2007, 12:19 PM

The Mexican War...oh that is still going on?

Curly Bill
11/13/2007, 12:22 PM
The Mexican War...oh that is still going on?

Nah, seems we've lost it. ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/13/2007, 12:47 PM
You loved Lou at Arkie? Are you a Sooner fan?No kiddin'! What Soonerfan loved Granny anywhere he was coaching, except maybe when he was in the pros? I gotta admit he's entertaining, except when he drones on about the domer.

Doged
11/13/2007, 12:54 PM

The Great War. He thought the landing at Gallipoli was a good idea, creating a mindset that has continued in the family to this day.

SoonerStormchaser
11/13/2007, 12:58 PM

Battle of Jericho?

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 01:03 PM
Battle of Jericho?
Your wife tell you about it?;)