PDA

View Full Version : What I learned from ESPN...

Sooner_Havok
11/12/2007, 03:53 PM
After listening to ESPN all night on the way home last night, at watching ESPN tv for a while this afternoon, I have learned a few things.

1.) The Big XII is weak, despite what the top 5 rankings might say. The proof, the Big XII lost big OOC games. Okie State lost to Georgia, K-State lost to Auburn, and Oklahoma lost to Colorado. That's right folks, Colorado isn't in our conference.

2.) There are now two undefeated teams in the nation, Kansas and Oregon. That being the case, if both of them run the table, undefeated Oregon would have the inside track to make the NC game.

All these things where actually said by sportscasters on ESPN in the last 24 hours, I am not making any of it up. Between ESPN radio all night, First Take, College Football live, all these statements were made. I have been able to get over the fact that the pollsters don't watch the 1/4 of the teams that they vote on, but to not know Colorado is Big XII, and that Oregon does in fact have a loss, that is reprehensible.

SoonerStormchaser
11/12/2007, 04:01 PM
Regarding point #2, didn't you know that the officials reviewed Oregon's loss to Cal? They said conclusive evidence exists that Cal sucks royally and therefore overturned the loss.

Lott's Bandana
11/12/2007, 04:12 PM
How educational! TV isn't any better:

I learned:

- The Big XII Championship game will be played in Arrowhead Stadium.

- The SEC is the bestest conference in the land.

- OU is the best team in the country (Jesse Palmer)

- OU is the beth team in the country (Lou Holtz)

- The SEC has the toughest schedule in the country.

- OU gave up 400 yards to Baylor. OU gave up 400 yards to Baylor. OU gave up 400 yards to Baylor. OU gave up 400 yards to Baylor. OU gave up 400 yards to Baylor. OU gave up 400 yards to Baylor. OU gave up 400 yards to Baylor. OU gave up 400 yards to Baylor. (Reese Davis)

- suc is the best 2-loss team in the country. (Mark May)

- Kansas hasn't played anybody. (Mark May) Neither had Ohio State! (Lou Holtz)

- LSU deserves to be in the BCS title game because they are in the SEC.