PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. TT T.V. coverage

The Maestro
11/12/2007, 02:43 PM
It is the ONLY ABC game Saturday night...national audience...Musberger and Herbie...no one else to distract or split the country. Talk about a chance to make a statement on the road in front of the entire nation. We need to win obviously, but it would be great if we could win with some authority and make a national statement by the end of the night...especially if Oregon doesn't lose the rest of the way and we need that edge to pass them.

sooneron
11/12/2007, 03:16 PM
That's good news. I can see it on HD.

Blues1
11/12/2007, 03:30 PM
Sam & Kelly Show....Wake up the Nation..... :)

With More DeMarco - Setting up Next years Heisman... :) -:)

No Doubt - Time to Rock.....!!!

Flagstaffsooner
11/12/2007, 03:37 PM
You mean I actually get to see it instead of a pac10 game, wow! Time to fire up the the Brent Musberger drinking game. Chug your Natty every time Brent says "Sooner Nation".

colleyvillesooner
11/12/2007, 03:39 PM
This has just become the biggest game of the year for us. We must win and win convincingly, while looking good on defense. We really need a 35-14 type score. This is our chance to really show the voters we're for real and should at least challenge Oregon for #2, provided we win out.

Boomer.....
11/12/2007, 03:51 PM
Great news! Now we just have to show up.

Is it guaranteed that English will play?

soonerboy_odanorth
11/12/2007, 03:54 PM
And I keep hearing Tom Deinhart of The Sporting News in their annual preview in a section on most likely upsets for 2007...

[paraphrasing] In 2005 the Sooners thought they were robbed, but this time the Raiders win going away, and it will hurt....bad. [paraphrasing]

soonerboy_odanorth
11/12/2007, 03:59 PM
And I keep hearing Tom Deinhart of The Sporting News in their annual preview in a section on most likely upsets for 2007...

[paraphrasing] In 2005 the Sooners thought they were robbed, but this time the Raiders win going away, and it will hurt....bad. [paraphrasing]

Lubbock at night.

A redshirt freshman QB who hasn't shown he can play well on the road.

450 yards given up to Baylor.

Michael Crabtree ringing up 195 against Texas.

The entire nation's eyes focused on us.

Though we are certainly capable of winning this game, possibly even dominating, it's still...scary.

I am going to need a valium for this one, I can already tell.

Come on boys, reach deep down and take this one!

The Maestro
11/12/2007, 04:03 PM
Lubbock at night.

Though we are certainly capable of winning this game, possibly even dominating, it's still...scary.

Yep. You listed every scary thing about this game. Coming into the season this looked to be our toughest road game...and so far we have lost at Colorado and escaped the House of Chizik. Not sure Tulsa really counts as a road game so it comes down to this roadie to make a statement...and we better, cause last I checked the Big 12 Championship and the Bowl game, wherever it may be, won't be in Norman.

I don't want our football team to become like Kelvin's early years basketball team...so good at home, but very average on the road. Well, until they place the BCS Championship Game in Norman, that is!

Vic n Tulsa
11/12/2007, 04:11 PM
Sam & Kelly Show....Wake up the Nation..... :)

With More DeMarco - Setting up Next years Heisman... :) -:)

No Doubt - Time to Rock.....!!!

You really think you have a shot making a statement against Tech?

Those boys can march 80 yards and score in less than a minute. What so impressive about your D that you can stop the pirate? 400+ yards to freakin Baylor???

If you don't score at least 60, you'll lose again in front of a national audience again. I sense an upset here....

illinisooner
11/12/2007, 05:05 PM
Lubbock at night.

Sounds like a great opportunity to me. Selfishly I'm glad it's a national broadcast, because I'm gonna be back in Illinois and was worried I wouldn't be able to see it.

Civicus_Sooner
11/12/2007, 05:10 PM
If you don't score at least 60, you'll lose again in front of a national audience again. I sense an upset here....Man, it's tough playing before a national audience EVERY darn week.:rolleyes:

[Insert tt joke here]

The Maestro
11/12/2007, 05:39 PM
If you don't score at least 60, you'll lose again in front of a national audience again. I sense an upset here....

Yes, MANY Bob Stoops teams have given up 59 points before. Great point!

Chrisrokc
11/12/2007, 06:00 PM
Upset could happen but I think the guys on this team know it is go time this Saturday, it is do or die. Gumby and the pokes will be a joke in norman, this TT game is regular season superbowl for us.

Stoops get your Defense ready and we will be good to go. Interception heaven anyone :-)

jwlynn64
11/12/2007, 06:08 PM
Watching the Baylor game, I had the feeling that we were playing a very vanilla defense. Hopefully we will be more aggressive against the Red Raiders and pressure the QB alot more than we did the Baylor QB.

insuranceman_22
11/12/2007, 06:15 PM
Vic, you're a tool & Maestro, you're a smart man! Now that we have that out of the way.

This is taylor made for OU. National scene, in a tough place to play against an offense that scores tons of points. Minus the Colorado debacle, this has been a good season. We get the chance to go into a good teams back yard in front of the entire country. We need to win convincingly for the "style" points. Everybody keeps giving Tech props, but let's keep in mind that they'll be playing the Sooners. The Sooner ain't no patsies. Bradford, Kelly, Murray and comp. can score handily too. There simply is no comparison in the defenses, OU is significantly better. We need a statement win here, something like 52-21 or better. I think a 30 point win is important if we're looking at the MNC game. A great opportunity for the Sooners!!!!

proudsoonergal
11/12/2007, 06:22 PM
Anyone know offhand what the line is on this game? I could look it up but it is so much easier to rely on you people. :)

Anyway, we need to beat the spread, whatever it is.

NCSooner18
11/12/2007, 06:49 PM
Anyone know offhand what the line is on this game? I could look it up but it is so much easier to rely on you people. :)

I believe I heard a guy on Rivals Radio this morning say it was 9 1/2.

Jdog
11/12/2007, 06:50 PM
To make a statement we need to win by at least 30.

52 to 21.

bri
11/12/2007, 06:55 PM

Those boys can march 80 yards and score in less than a minute. What so impressive about your D that you can stop the pirate? 400+ yards to freakin Baylor???

Shouldn't you be packing for Shreveport?

soonersweetie
11/12/2007, 06:56 PM
My dad was saying that Baylor and Texas Tech's offenses are similar. With that in mind, he doesn't think Stoops let everything show against Baylor (which is why they ran up so many yards). That being said, hopefully Stoops has some tricks in the bag, (actually I'll just take an excellent well executed game plan) for T Tech.

Doged
11/12/2007, 07:30 PM
Shouldn't you be packing for Shreveport?

You presume the sheep humpers will beat Baylor to get bowl eligible, and then that anyone will want them in their bowl game. That's presuming too much, I believe.

OU GENO
11/12/2007, 07:31 PM
We will the South who's going to San Antonio? I will be with the OU SWARM on the Riverwalk! Boomer Sooner!

rubyspirit
11/12/2007, 08:06 PM
Sammy said he learned from the Iowa trip not to rush things. He should be OK in Lubbock.

oudivesherpa
11/12/2007, 08:29 PM
The spread opened at 9 1/2 and has moved down to 9. OU doesn't do very well against the spread on the road and Bradford doesn't play well on the road. The way to win this game is ball control and time of possession. Texas had the ball last week twice as much as Tech
(40 min to 20 min) yet the score and yardage were close. Lets hope the refs don't overcompensate for Leach's rants and becme Tech's 12th man.

SoFla Sooner
11/12/2007, 09:17 PM
The Tech defense is woeful! Unless we turn it over 4 or more times Sat. night, we come home with a win. TT may put up 35 on us, but I seriously doubt that 45 will be enough to beat us if we hang on to the ball.

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 09:27 PM
Is it a 7;00 kickoff ???

Boomer.....
11/12/2007, 09:30 PM
Yes.

olevetonahill
11/12/2007, 11:21 PM

we are -48
:D

TheHumanAlphabet
11/12/2007, 11:28 PM
My dad was saying that Baylor and Texas Tech's offenses are similar. With that in mind, he doesn't think Stoops let everything show against Baylor (which is why they ran up so many yards). That being said, hopefully Stoops has some tricks in the bag, (actually I'll just take an excellent well executed game plan) for T Tech.

That's what Merv said on the radio call last week. Oh and Merv chided BBS on his hot dog again after BBS caught Merv unaware and pitched to him. BBS gave his some crap and Merv shot back about the hot dog... Good times.

Bob was commenting on how Baylor was making us look bad and that TT ran the same offense and we might be in trouble. Not that that is a bad analysis, but Merv pointed out that we weren't going to tip our hand against Baylor, who typically have more inferior players.

Then again, I am still looking for that break out schemed offense or defense to get the best of [insert your team of choice here].

adoniijahsooner
11/13/2007, 08:07 AM
It is the ONLY ABC game Saturday night...national audience...Musberger and Herbie...no one else to distract or split the country. Talk about a chance to make a statement on the road in front of the entire nation. We need to win obviously, but it would be great if we could win with some authority and make a national statement by the end of the night...especially if Oregon doesn't lose the rest of the way and we need that edge to pass them.

True. They both play at night against decent teams; and if Oregon struggles to win and we blow Texas Tech out I think we jump in the polls, especially if Herbie says we should jump. He has been pushing Oregon all year even after they lost.

CincySooner
11/13/2007, 09:19 AM
All I ask is
1) no fumbles
2) no interceptions.

CitySooner
11/13/2007, 09:45 AM
If the mighty Sooners play to their potential they will leave west Texass with a victory, and I realize to some that this is a big 'if'. Tech is on a huge downward swing, and although they are at home in prime time I believe we are just so much better right now. Leach showed his frustration with his teams demise last week in his 'official' tirade. Remember, they got pounded at home by Colorado and have lost three of the last four with the only win coming at Baylor. I think if we can accomplish two tasks we will cruise to victory:

1. Just 'slow down' the Tech offense. We have a history of doing this.

2. We do not turn the ball over and give them field position.

Tech's defense stinks. I don't see how they can stop our offense. Bradford has ten games under his belt now and I believe he will be fine. Finding his targets will open up our running game and we should score at will.

Yes, I admit it. I am one optomistic Sooner!

kevpks
11/13/2007, 10:00 AM
On Mike & Mike they just said that Gameday will be in Lubbock this week. This is a big chance for the Sooners to make people ask "Oregon who?" We need to take advantage of this and roll the Pirates.

cheezyq
11/13/2007, 10:19 AM
I sense an upset here....

I sense a troll here....

So, you're saying OU has NO shot?

Yeah, and so can we. In fact, we can apparently return a 90-yard kickoff in 6 seconds. And one game does not a season make. Our D stopped some good offenses this year...Missouri and Texas are examples. It has been vulnerable at times, but when the O holds onto the ball, our D has been good at keeping the other team from scoring. Keep in mind that our "un-impressive" D is in the top 10 in most statistical categories.

And you can probably chalk last week up to playing down to Baylor. Once Baylor made it a game, the boys turned it up on both sides of the ball.

Perhaps you also forgot that "the pirate" has a pathetic defense, as well?

If we don't score 60, it will be a disappointment. The Tech D is nothing to fear, and OU has put up great numbers on better defenses.

The game v. Colorado was not a "national" audience, it was regional. So you can't use the word "again" when stating we will lose in front of a "national" audience.

No one here doubts that Tech will be tough at home. No one doubts that they have a tough offense to stop. Few of us will even argue that OU has had a tough time on defense, occasionally. But in case you hadn't noticed, OU still has a darn good team. Basing your argument on pure hatred for OU and ignoring the inconvenient facts is stupid.

We don't care if you don't like OU, and most of us don't even care if you stay here and present counter-arguments. But your stupidity has crossed into troll territory. Please troll elsewhere. Thank you.

UTgolfer
11/13/2007, 10:28 AM
Lubbock can be a tough place to play but OU should win handily. Texas scored 59 points on Tech's defense primarily by running the ball, which OU can certainly do. And our **** poor excuse of a defensive scheme allowed them 3 drives in the second half of under 90 seconds and OU's defense isn't likely to follow suit. I expect a large margin of victory for OU.

Civicus_Sooner
11/13/2007, 11:53 AM
OU doesn't do very well against the spread on the road Really? Is that why TT has an average score of 18 point when playing Stoops. If anyone knows how to defend the spread with a QB that can't run, it's Stoops and Venables.

jwlynn64
11/13/2007, 05:11 PM
Really? Is that why TT has an average score of 18 point when playing Stoops. If anyone knows how to defend the spread with a QB that can't run, it's Stoops and Venables.

Or it could mean that Tech is poised for a break out game against the Sooners. Law of averages and all.

Hopefully the big plays Baylor had last week woke up our D to the dangers of getting complacent and we have a decent game against the Red Raiders.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/13/2007, 07:53 PM
On Mike & Mike they just said that Gameday will be in Lubbock this week. This is a big chance for the Sooners to make people ask "Oregon who?" We need to take advantage of this and roll the Pirates.
GameDay's official website has the crew in Ann Arbor for tOSU/Michigan.

Jeffster
11/13/2007, 08:35 PM
Actually, it's the Nessler-Griese-McGuire team calling the game, not Musburger and Herbie, thank goodness.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/13/2007, 09:00 PM
Actually, it's the Nessler-Griese-McGuire team calling the game, not Musburger and Herbie, thank goodness.
Yeah, I was about to point that out. Best news I've heard all day.

bluedogok
11/13/2007, 11:37 PM
On Mike & Mike they just said that Gameday will be in Lubbock this week.
I heard that as well.....

proudsoonergal
11/14/2007, 12:35 AM
I heard that as well.....

It is the Gameday radio broadcast that is coming out of Lubbock this weekend. ESPN Radio promoted it all day (and I listened to it almost all day, too).

insuranceman_22
11/14/2007, 01:56 AM
To make a statement we need to win by at least 30.

52 to 21.

I said "something like" 52 to 21

Choctaw
11/14/2007, 07:23 AM
We must win and win convincingly

Yep, blow them out. I hope none of the officials are from Norman. Don't want to send Mike into another tizzy. :eek:

Boomer.....
11/14/2007, 08:52 AM
Is it guaranteed that English will play?
bump.

:pop: