PDA

View Full Version : Bowman out for the year...

TMcGee86
11/12/2007, 02:11 PM
Gundy just stated in his press conference.

Hate to see him get injured like that but I would be lying if I didn't think that helps us out when we play them.

Hope he fully recovers and has a great NFL career.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2007, 02:12 PM
whats the official diagnosis? I know talib gave him a good shot in the knees

Boomer.....
11/12/2007, 02:13 PM
Wow. That's a huge loss.

I wish him the best.

TMcGee86
11/12/2007, 02:13 PM
Gundy said he wouldn't talk about it. Just that he's out for the year.

jccouger
11/12/2007, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I hope he can recover and still get picked in the draft high. That sucks for him and the pokes, and I hate to see anybody get injured..

Collier11
11/12/2007, 02:16 PM
That really sucks! Its nice to see Sooners talking well about the guy, im sure if it was MK or JI the pokes would be cheering! Good luck to him in his future!

OUDoc
11/12/2007, 02:18 PM
Crappy news. Hope he recovers quickly.

Ash
11/12/2007, 02:19 PM
Sorry to hear that.

On a side note, will Gundy ever discuss anything at his pressers?

mdklatt
11/12/2007, 02:32 PM
Can we have a moratorium on the word "presser"? Where the hell did that come from anyway?

TMcGee86
11/12/2007, 02:38 PM
Can we have a moratorium on the word "presser"? Where the hell did that come from anyway?

heh. that's funny cause I hesitated using it because I dislike it as well but I thought maybe it was the established term now and for some reason I hadn't caught on. I had PC on there but changed it. I'll change it back. lol.

mdklatt
11/12/2007, 02:42 PM
heh. that's funny cause I hesitated using it because I dislike it as well but I thought maybe it was the established term now and for some reason I hadn't caught on.

Good, it's not just me. I never heard this word until this year, and now it's everywhere. MAKE IT STOP!! I don't know why it bugs me, but it does.

I'll change it back. lol.

Thanks. :D

colleyvillesooner
11/12/2007, 02:58 PM
Here's to a speedy recovery...

SoonerBOI
11/12/2007, 03:01 PM
That's sad to hear. Hope he recovers and have a successfull NFL career.

Ash
11/12/2007, 03:10 PM

Don't know where it came from but it's quick and easy to post. Sorry, but everytime there's a presser and I post about that presser I'll keep using the word presser until I get tired of it. Speaking of pressers, I'll be interested to hear what Bob has to say in his presser tomorrow.

Collier11
11/12/2007, 03:14 PM
Speaking of pressers, I'll be interested to hear what Bob has to say in his presser tomorrow.

In the DOK version, he says to stop worrying about the D. They have been doing this for a long time with a consistent good D, the busts that happened will be fixed and other than that they really arent concerned

Stitch Face
11/12/2007, 03:17 PM
I wonder why some coaches won't state the specific injury and others are extremely detailed.

yermom
11/12/2007, 03:22 PM
that sucks

Newbomb Turk
11/12/2007, 03:22 PM
Gundy also said "out for the year" means the regular season, and that Bowman might play in the bowl game....if they play in one.

yermom
11/12/2007, 03:23 PM
I wonder why some coaches won't state the specific injury and others are extremely detailed.

it's easier to sell newsletters that way ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/12/2007, 03:30 PM

LPGA golfer Morgan Pressel?

No, probably Natalie Gulbis. Trust me you'd presser.:D

Oh and OSU is going down faster than a $5 hooker on the Titanic.

Jimminy Crimson
11/12/2007, 03:31 PM
I hope he enjoys sitting on the sideline watching OU dominate his former team.

I'm sure he'll get better and have a mediocre NFL career.

Stitch Face
11/12/2007, 03:34 PM
it's easier to sell newsletters that way ;)

Anyone wanna pay $1200 to find out what's going on behind the scenes at OSU?

Ash
11/12/2007, 03:39 PM

No thanks.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/12/2007, 03:43 PM

Couldn't we just get that from watching animal planet?

Jimminy Crimson
11/12/2007, 03:48 PM
Couldn't we just get that from watching CourtTV?

:hot:

Collier11
11/12/2007, 03:48 PM
Couldn't we just get that from watching animal planet?
:D :D :D

SleestakSooner
11/12/2007, 03:51 PM

all these embedded pressers are emboldening our enemies! bring out the WMD's!

birddog
11/12/2007, 03:54 PM
sucks to hear that. i like watching that dude play.

NYC Poke
11/12/2007, 04:11 PM
Rumor on OP is that it's a knee sprain. I doubt any further information is forthcoming from Gundy.

SoonerJack
11/12/2007, 04:15 PM
IMHO, Talib put a cheap shot on him. Something tells me that Talib is a Shannon Sharpe wanna be.

Boarder
11/12/2007, 04:18 PM
I can't stand osu as much as anyone. But I hate to see guys get injured. That's awful.

NYC Poke
11/12/2007, 04:27 PM
IMHO, Talib put a cheap shot on him. Something tells me that Talib is a Shannon Sharpe wanna be.

Much as I hate seeing Bowman hurt, I don't really agree with this. Bowman's a physical guy and sheds a lot of tackles when the corners try to hit him high. Tackling below the waist is still legal, as far as I know.

mdklatt
11/12/2007, 04:32 PM
I for one am glad we don't have to worry about him now. He gave me visions of Rashaun Woods in 2001. :O I've got a feeling Dez Bryant is going to do bad things to us if we don't get more of a pass rush then we did against Baylor.

NYC Poke
11/12/2007, 04:34 PM
On the plus side, we have our built-in excuse if we end up choking in Waco.

cvsooner
11/12/2007, 04:57 PM

There's probably a legal argument you could make about privacy, as well. Depending upon the nature of the injury, you ostensibly could seriously affect a potential draft pick placement based upon the perception of the injury.

Remember all the talk about AD's collarbone? Didn't affect him as much as feared in the draft but it certainly did to some extent.

SoonerDood
11/12/2007, 07:25 PM
He shouldn't have been show-boating.

j/k, that sucks. I wish him a speedy recovery.

drbrizzle
11/12/2007, 07:41 PM
"You're going to miss his presence on the field. There's just no way around saying that we're going to have another guy that's going to do exactly what A.D.'s done because that's not possible for us right now," offensive coordinator Larry Fedora said."

Does it bother anyone else that they refer to Adarius as A.D.? To call him that when the real A.D. is from the school just down the road just gets right under my skin. Typical Aggie move.

orangekaje
11/12/2007, 07:45 PM
"You're going to miss his presence on the field. There's just no way around saying that we're going to have another guy that's going to do exactly what A.D.'s done because that's not possible for us right now," offensive coordinator Larry Fedora said."

Does it bother anyone else that they refer to Adarius as A.D.? To call him that when the real A.D. is from the school just down the road just gets right under my skin. Typical Aggie move.

It was his nickname in high school before OSU ever had to do anything with him. Typically premature post before knowing the facts.

Piware
11/12/2007, 07:50 PM
On the plus side, we have our built-in excuse if we end up choking in Waco.

Pokes choke in Waco? What are the odds!:pop:

drbrizzle
11/12/2007, 08:48 PM
So what if he was called AD in high school. He will never be as good as the REAL A.D. Typical fAggie reply.

Wishboned
11/12/2007, 08:54 PM
I hate to see that.

He worked hard during his college career, and then to see it cut short a couple of weeks before the last big game of his college career is a real shame.

I hope that he bounces back from this and has a great shot at the pros.

olevetonahill
11/12/2007, 08:56 PM
Dayum I wish him the best

orangekaje
11/12/2007, 09:16 PM
So what if he was called AD in high school. He will never be as good as the REAL A.D. Typical fAggie reply.

So what? Because that's his nickname. If that's what people want to call him then deal with it you whiny bitch. And wtf do you mean he'll never be as good as the real A.D.? Not even the same position, idiot.

goingoneight
11/12/2007, 09:18 PM

Why would we do that when we could spend $1201.99 and get a ticket to a home game? :confused:

goingoneight
11/12/2007, 09:24 PM
Pokes choke in Waco? What are the odds!:pop:

Come on... would it really be a choke? It might be a bit of a shocker to Poke fans, but it's a 5-5 team playing on the road without their best player. A team with terrible defense that doesn't do well on the road anyway.

I think OSU still wins, but don't color me shocked if Baylor gives them a game. I think if Baylor plays at ALL the way they played offensively against us, it could be a game worth watching just for offensive highlights.

orangekaje
11/12/2007, 09:27 PM
Why would we do that when we could spend $1201.99 and get a ticket to a home game? :confused:

Wait... When did ticket prices go down? :confused:

olevetonahill
11/12/2007, 09:29 PM
So what? Because that's his nickname. If that's what people want to call him then deal with it you whiny bitch. And wtf do you mean he'll never be as good as the real A.D.? Not even the same position, idiot.
Dude callin Folks names is a NO-NO
I hope you get a vacation :pop:

drbrizzle
11/12/2007, 09:39 PM
Wow. It sure is easy to get Aggie fans riled up. I guess when you are a .500 "team on the rise" every litttle jab stings that much more......Oh...it's good to be a Sooner!!!

Stitch Face
11/12/2007, 09:47 PM
And wtf do you mean he'll never be as good as the real A.D.?

AD>>>>>>>>>A.D.

Regardless of position.

PM me in a few years when their careers are both over and we'll see.

orangekaje
11/12/2007, 09:51 PM
Wow. It sure is easy to get Aggie fans riled up. I guess when you are a .500 "team on the rise" every litttle jab stings that much more......Oh...it's good to be a Sooner!!!

I'm as riled up as much as you're making yourself out to be smart. :P

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 09:55 PM

I'd have gotten perma'ed plus life for that one....

drbrizzle
11/12/2007, 09:58 PM
Believe me. I am much smarter than you will ever hope to be. Let's just say the Dr. in Dr. Brizzle stands for something. Figure it out orangekaje.

olevetonahill
11/12/2007, 10:00 PM
I'd have gotten perma'ed plus life for that one....
Thats cause we like aggies moren You :P

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 10:00 PM
Believe me. I am much smarter than you will ever hope to be. Let's just say the Dr. in Dr. Brizzle stands for something. Figure it out orangekaje.

Great, the "I am smarter than you are" recurring thread..

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 10:02 PM

I know, I like him and just trying to help him out by throwing myself on the grenade...

A Sooner in Texas
11/12/2007, 10:04 PM
I'm as riled up as much as you're making yourself out to be smart. :P

So yesterday you troll on here and get all riled up about Soonerfans with a thread about an OP thread...like it's not OK for us to start one on our own board but it's ok for you to come here and whine.

Then you call people names because our AD is the first, the best and the genuine AD (and I won't even say what insulting names I could come up with for TFAD - that would be The Fake AD aka Adarius Bowman)...after our thread is about how we all hate to see Bowman injured. Which we do. He's got talent and none of us likes to see ANY player hurt.

Are you the thread police for OP.com? Or just trying to get a little glory rubbed off on you? Or a Sooners groupie in disguise?

I hope Ole's post about a vacation for you gets one of the mods' notice.

orangekaje
11/12/2007, 10:05 PM

Quite the ego! Everyone on this board must be honored to be in your presence because you took a few more years of college classes! :rolleyes:

Years in college doesn't equal intelligence. Apparently your book learning didn't teach you common sense!

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 10:07 PM

btw, we are not that interested in your we's (you and your pet raccoon) opinion...:D :D

drbrizzle
11/12/2007, 10:11 PM
AD>>>>>>>>>A.D.

Regardless of position.

PM me in a few years when their careers are both over and we'll see.

Apparantly I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think my common sense is right on.

orangekaje
11/12/2007, 10:13 PM
So yesterday you troll on here and get all riled up about Soonerfans with a thread about an OP thread...like it's not OK for us to start one on our own board but it's ok for you to come here and whine.

Then you call people names because our AD is the first, the best and the genuine AD (and I won't even say what insulting names I could come up with for TFAD - that would be The Fake AD aka Adarius Bowman)...after our thread is about how we all hate to see Bowman injured. Which we do. He's got talent and none of us likes to see ANY player hurt.

Are you the thread police for OP.com? Or just trying to get a little glory rubbed off on you? Or a Sooners groupie in disguise?

I hope Ole's post about a vacation for you gets one of the mods' notice.

I got riled up? You may want to go back and read that thread because most could tell my post was in good humor.

orangekaje
11/12/2007, 10:14 PM
Apparantly I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think my common sense is right on.

Did I say anything to you about who the better player was/will be? No. Sounds like it's still quite off because we were discussing the use of AD.

I imagine Adrian will be better than Adarius if he can stay healthy.

Stitch Face
11/12/2007, 10:15 PM
Let's just say the Dr. in Dr. Brizzle stands for something.

Fo' shizzle?

drbrizzle
11/12/2007, 10:17 PM
Fo shizzle.

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 10:23 PM

OK, normally we frown on name-calling. However, I find it tough to get too riled up when you're right. It's one of The Rules. You don't get to choose your own nickname. And once you get nicknamed you're stuck with it.

orangekaje
11/12/2007, 10:27 PM
OK, normally we frown on name-calling. However, I find it tough to get too riled up when you're right. It's one of The Rules. You don't get to choose your own nickname. And once you get nicknamed you're stuck with it.

:)

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 10:29 PM

So we can name call if it is "right" in your mind ....nice rule, clearly not in the spirit of the stated rules of SF...not surprising though...

OU-HSV
11/12/2007, 10:29 PM
Sorry to hear that.

On a side note, will Gundy ever discuss anything at his pressers?
No, just a little anger and a little yelling.
Oh, and the age announcement thing

A Sooner in Texas
11/12/2007, 10:31 PM

So which of those nicknames is he stuck with? Both, I hope?:D

Stitch Face
11/12/2007, 10:38 PM
So we can name call if it is "right" in your mind ....nice rule, clearly not in the spirit of the stated rules of SF...not surprising though...

All SF rules are interpreted and carried out according to current BCS calculations.

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 10:43 PM
All SF rules are interpreted and carried out according to current BCS calculations.

A mockery...

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 11:35 PM
He called a noob a whiny bitch for complaining about a player's nickname. I can't really argue with that. You want him banned, find a mod that agrees with you.

Soonerus
11/12/2007, 11:38 PM
He called a noob a whiny bitch for complaining about a player's nickname. I can't really argue with that. You want him banned, find a mod that agrees with you.

I don't want him banned at all, I just note the lack of (indeed double) standards...inappropriate...

Jimminy Crimson
11/13/2007, 12:51 AM
I imagine Adrian will be better than Adarius if he can stay healthy.

Guess the same thing can be said for The Fake AD. :twinkies:

olevetonahill
11/13/2007, 02:38 AM
I dont care if hes Bained or Not , Just thot the Name callin was outof line
kinda like You know ;)

Boomer.....
11/13/2007, 08:29 AM
MikeRichowned!