PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of hearing how great LSU is..

htownsooner7
11/12/2007, 01:14 PM
All of the pundits just assume that LSU is deserving of playing in the national championship. In fact one of the ESPN geniuses keeps repeating the phrase, the only team that can beat LSU is LSU. Why? They lost to a Kentucky team who has 3 losses including against 5 loss Vanderbilt and 5 loss South Carolina. They were down 2 scores AT HOME to 3 loss Florida and 4 loss Auburn. They were down 3 different times in the 2nd half to Alabama who has 4 losses.

LSU may end up winning the national championship but to say that they are clearly distinguishable from the other teams in top 7 or 8 is ignorant.

The Maestro
11/12/2007, 01:19 PM
All of the pundits just assume that LSU is deserving of playing in the national championship. In fact one of the ESPN geniuses keeps repeating the phrase, the only team that can beat LSU is LSU. Why? They lost to a Kentucky team who has 3 losses including against 5 loss Vanderbilt and 5 loss South Carolina. They were down 2 scores AT HOME to 3 loss Florida and 4 loss Auburn. They were down 3 different times in the 2nd half to Alabama who has 4 losses.

LSU may end up winning the national championship but to say that they are clearly distinguishable from the other teams in top 7 or 8 is ignorant.

Agreed. This isn't like years past where one or two teams stood out. A playoff this year could truly see an 8 seed win it all...VERY little difference amongst the top teams. It is a crazy enough year that Kansas could actually win it all.

And I will keep saying this...I think this might be the weakest LSU team in quite some time as far as talent goes.

DreamZ22
11/12/2007, 01:22 PM
Patience young danielson... lessy miles plays russian roulette everytime lsu plays anyone with talent...they will get beat again due to :les: making outstanding decisions.

Partial Qualifier
11/12/2007, 01:41 PM
so what you're saying is, Sooner or later, he's going to Let er' Rip? :D

htownsooner7
11/12/2007, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately, I just don't see them losing. Ole Miss isn't any good. Neither is Arkansas. Our best chance would be if Tennessee loses at Kentucky and LSU has to play UGA in Atlanta for the conference championship.

Sco
11/12/2007, 01:52 PM
I personally like how under the radar OU is. It drives me nuts to one degree that the Sooners are getting almost zero respect, but on the same end, if the Sooners take care of business and squeeze into the MNC and take it all, there can be no denying how awesome a team OU is. I think it must provide some great fuel for the Sooners to play with.

hyoctane23
11/12/2007, 01:55 PM
I personally like how under the radar OU is. It drives me nuts to one degree that the Sooners are getting almost zero respect, but on the same end, if the Sooners take care of business and squeeze into the MNC and take it all, there can be no denying how awesome a team OU is. I think it must provide some great fuel for the Sooners to play with.

Let those talking heads talk. All I hear now when they blabber on about lsu is blah blah blah blah...

Win out Sooners, and your efforts will *hopefully* be rewarded.

TUSooner
11/12/2007, 03:19 PM
I agree that I'm tired of hearing how good LSU is, but I also have to say that I don't think they will lose to Ole Miss, Arkinsaw, or Tennessee/UGA. If we don't get a shot at them, I'd love to see UO take them out.
But the stars seem aligned for LSU this season, Lester notwithstanding :(

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2007, 03:21 PM
so what you're saying is, Sooner or later, he's going to Let er' Rip? :D

your avatar scares me

BermudaSooner
11/12/2007, 03:28 PM
What I can't understand is Herbsteit's logic. He puts them #1 because they have survived close games. I just don't understand that. That would imply that had they blown everybody out other than Kentucky, they would be a worse team than they are today? What?

Since when is barely win (win a game that you shouldn't have cause the other team made a stupid mistake late) > win the game easily?

Just wacky.

goingoneight
11/12/2007, 09:02 PM
I really think LSU is damned lucky enough to win it all. Seriously... people are thinking Les Miles was a genius going 5/5 on 4th downs versus UF.

Hello, McFly!!! It was on your home field! That's not exactly impressive to barely eek your way along in that many home games.

Kentucky proved one thing to be true. If you have an offense that can execute enough to hang with them, it's anybody's ballgame. Their offense is so dull to watch and often times I swear Chuck Long is in there.

Hmmm... Black quarterback = quarterback draw. What do you know? Perrilloux runs into a pile for one yard out of the shotgun.

Hey!!! I know!!! Let's line up in a shotgun formation again and hand the ball off into another pile and take OUr chances on 3rd and long!!!

I'll give you genius on the fake field goal at SC, but don't assume they're automatically better because they play in the tough ol' SEC... they're looking extremely average and everything seems to be going their way. Sooner or later, that will end... it always does.

Example? We had a lot of talented players and good coaches in the BIG 12 back in 2004, and we got spanked by the SUC.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2007, 02:06 AM
Lester is retarded...He'll push it one too many times and lose...and guess what? If he doesn't push it he'll lose! The only reason he's won some of these games is dumb decisions...and eventually it'll catch up with him or he'll be scared he's reached the end of his luck and he'll lose anyway!

SoonerKnight
11/13/2007, 03:30 AM

LSU SUCKS!!! How is that? :D

SoonerKnight
11/13/2007, 03:37 AM
Lester is retarded...He'll push it one too many times and lose...and guess what? If he doesn't push it he'll lose! The only reason he's won some of these games is dumb decisions...and eventually it'll catch up with him or he'll be scared he's reached the end of his luck and he'll lose anyway!

If we play them in the MNC game I think ole Lester's luck will run out! Remember Sooner Magic those swamp creatures don't know about that yet!! :D

Lester doesn't know what it means to be a champion because Oklahoma invented it! Oh and Braums ice cream!!!! :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmm..............Braums.......mmmmmmmmm. ............ Damn it I wish I was in OKC!

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 08:17 AM
If only Jared Zebransky could become Les's OC we could pool our sour grapes.

r5TPsooner
11/13/2007, 09:20 AM
LSU is the new love child for ESPN since USC blows this year.

soonerorlater25
11/13/2007, 10:23 PM

I though no one else was noticing that but me. Thnaks for reestablishing my sanity.

76soonergrad
11/13/2007, 10:27 PM
LSU has a certain junk yard dog mentality. They sink their teeth in late. I wiah they would lose. Les Miles < slug.

Soonerus
11/13/2007, 10:32 PM
LSU = overated...

CatfishSooner
11/13/2007, 10:36 PM
LSU = ghey...

LSUdeek
11/13/2007, 11:25 PM
LSU = ghey...

^
|
|

FTW.

CORNholio
11/13/2007, 11:36 PM
LSU=greatest thing in modern history
ESPN=2nd greatest thing in modern history

htownsooner7
11/24/2007, 11:07 AM
Told ya.. LSU has been a very beatable team all year.

cs6000
11/24/2007, 12:42 PM
LSU is one of the best teams in the country...or so we're told.