PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Black Sheep

Lott's Bandana
11/12/2007, 12:45 PM
Ivan Maisel consistently provides level-headed commentary re: the Sooners. Wonder why he hasn't been fired?!!

On ESPN.com:

"The debate over who should be the All-Big 12 quarterback has begun to focus on junior Chase Daniel of Missouri and sophomore Todd Reesing of Kansas. Both have led to their teams to unexpected success this season, and their Nov. 24 game likely will have more than their personal success at stake. My pick for the league QB of the year? It's simple: Oklahoma freshman Sam Bradford. He leads the nation in passing efficiency (180.4 rating)."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=gamedayFinal0711&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

Oh, and enjoy the SaxeT attempt to avoid their invitation to the TractorSupply Lamb Fries Bowl.

sooner518
11/12/2007, 12:52 PM
Some people believe Mizzou's Jeremy Maclin is the fastest player in college football. Others say it is LSU's Trindon Holliday, the NCAA 100-meter sprint runner-up. But I say it is Oklahoma freshman DeMarco Murray, and I can prove it. Baylor scored with 1:00 left in the first half Saturday. Murray returned the ensuing kickoff 91 yards, and the official box score says Murray scored with :54 left before halftime. Is the 91-yard sprint an official NCAA event?

haha thats awesome

kbsooner
11/12/2007, 01:19 PM
haha thats awesome

It took him 6 seconds to start heading the right direction! If you watch the replay, its Iglesias that shows some serious speed, he's a good 5-6 yards ahead of Demarco by Baylor's 20...

Pigface1
11/12/2007, 01:42 PM
That kick return was unbelievable. I don't know what highlight of his the other day I like better, though. That one, or the one where he took the defender's head off and made 7 people miss on his TD run in the first half.

Widescreen
11/12/2007, 01:44 PM
That kick return was unbelievable. I don't know what highlight of his the other day I like better, though. That one, or the one where he took the defender's head off and made 7 people miss on his TD run in the first half.
Both made SportsCenter's Top 10 plays of the day.

texas bandman
11/12/2007, 01:50 PM
I liked the TD run where he takes off the Baylor player's helmet. He's fast and not afraid to lower his head and run over people. On the kickoff return, he slowed down too much the last 10 yards and was almost caught by a Baylor player. This could have been a huge mistake since he did not have the ball too secure.

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 08:34 PM
Considering Murray's Seneca Wallace-esque route on that return, I think he was slowing down because he was gassed.

goingoneight
11/12/2007, 08:41 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a football player in full pads clear 65 yards as fast as he did against Texas, either. That was awesome.

josh09
11/12/2007, 08:51 PM
Considering Murray's Seneca Wallace-esque route on that return, I think he was slowing down because he was gassed.

Yea, id say he ran a total of about 150 yards on that run.

soonerhubs
11/12/2007, 09:34 PM
I got a nickel that says he does a couple direct snaps with passes Saturday. Shhhh...

soonersn2007
11/12/2007, 09:40 PM
I would like to see players securing the ball entirely until they cross the goal line...........i.e. Leon Lett at the superbowl.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2007, 02:12 AM
I'd like to see Demarco really become the star he's destined to be in this weeks' game. And I think he will. Let's out-leach leach. LEt's get it to him every way possible. Let's put out all the scare tactics we can about Demarco being able to pass, line up like it's a direct snap, hike it to ANYONE else but him and toss it to him outside and watch him run. Lets do it again and pass to ANYONE else. Then...same thing with Sam sliding in looking like another fake Demarco direct snap, actually hike it to Demarco and have him hurl it downfield to Kelly.