OUAndy1807
11/12/2007, 06:42 AM
should have been a poll.

yermom
11/12/2007, 08:56 AM
they have medium? :confused:

rufnek05
11/12/2007, 10:24 AM
none of the above. i just use luisana hot sauze.

Widescreen
11/12/2007, 10:47 AM
should have been a poll.
This thread has several packets of fail poured on it.

soonerbrat
11/12/2007, 10:49 AM
i use mild...i like the flavor.
i'm not a wimp though...dean's nukular chili didn't even faze me.

bri
11/12/2007, 12:03 PM
I have a desk drawer full of packets of Fire. Good times.

Viking Kitten
11/12/2007, 12:41 PM
I hoard hot sauce packets. You never know when some world-wide apocalypse might cause our precious condiment reserves to dwindle.

soonerbrat
11/12/2007, 01:01 PM
well that and sometimes when you ask for "lots" they give you 2.

bri
11/12/2007, 01:26 PM
Anytime I pick up Taco Bell to take home or to work to eat, I always park and go in so I can raid the sauce bin while I wait for them to get my sub-standard food.

M
11/12/2007, 01:37 PM
I hoard hot sauce packets. You never know when some world-wide apocalypse might cause our precious condiment reserves to dwindle.

I am so glad I didn't inherit your desk when you changed jobs.

soonerborn76
11/12/2007, 02:24 PM
3 or 4 packs of hot on a cheesy beef melt for me, love the flavor and if you're lookin for something hot try the homicide wings at Wings to Go!!

Boarder
11/12/2007, 02:29 PM
none of the above. i just use luisana hot sauze.
I call shenanigans. You can't tell me that every time you go to a Taco Bell you magically have a bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce in your pocket.

I like the farr sauce.

rufnek05
11/12/2007, 02:33 PM
I call shenanigans. You can't tell me that every time you go to a Taco Bell you magically have a bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce in your pocket.

I like the farr sauce.

I never go in, I always go through the drive-thru.

Boarder
11/12/2007, 03:47 PM
So you either wait until you get home to eat or keep a bottle of Louisiana stashed in the ride?

My call of shenanigans stands.

rufnek05
11/12/2007, 03:51 PM
So you either wait until you get home to eat or keep a bottle of Louisiana stashed in the ride?

My call of shenanigans stands.

i live about 4 blocks from the bell, the ride isn't that long.

Harry Beanbag
11/12/2007, 03:52 PM
I thought it was all red salty water. They have the poorest excuse for hot sauce I've ever tasted.

silverwheels
11/12/2007, 04:00 PM
Louisiana Hot Sauce on Taco Bell? Guh.

I'll stick with the Fire sauce and leave the Looooosiana for the eggs, hash browns, and fried chicken.

yermom
11/12/2007, 04:04 PM
ugh, i hate teh Fire sauce

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 08:14 PM
Are you people all girls? Taco Hell's fire sauce isn't even hot.

I keep a bottle of Cholula around for everyday use. I need to get a new bottle of Scorned Woman - that sauce will kick your teeth out.

Don't give me the Dave's Insanity Sauce line. Yes, it's hot. It also tastes like butt.

yermom
11/12/2007, 08:18 PM
i never said anything about hot :D

i like the Louisiana stuff, but it's not that hot. i remember when i used to think it was though :)

usmc-sooner
11/12/2007, 08:20 PM
Texas Pete

delicious, not hot and cheap enough to be served chow halls.

Curly Bill
11/12/2007, 08:21 PM
Don't give me the Dave's Insanity Sauce line. Yes, it's hot. It also tastes like butt.

A malady common to many of the x-tra hot sauces...IMO
It's like they go for the fire and forget the flavor.

Boarder
11/12/2007, 08:30 PM
I love the taste of Cholua and use it a lot.

But, for sheer good taste to cheapness, Texas Pete's is hard to beat. What is it, like a quarter per bottle or something?

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 08:41 PM
All I taste with Louisiana Hot Sauce (and Tabasco, for that matter) is vinegar. Can't stand either one of 'em.

yermom
11/12/2007, 08:44 PM
yeah, that's why i don't like Tabasco

Curly Bill
11/12/2007, 08:48 PM
I like the chipotle flavored Tabasco.

josh09
11/12/2007, 09:22 PM
Are you a man [hairGel] and go with hot
A lady and go with Medium
A small child and go with Mild
Or a complete and utter wus and go with Red salty Water

inquiring minds want to know!

ACTUALLY, its:

FIRE
Hot
Mild

Cmon, everyone knows that! :D

VeeJay
11/12/2007, 09:56 PM
The fact that you hicks go to Taco Bell at all puts you in the upper echelons of freakdom.

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 10:10 PM
Man, there's a place in Wichita called Taco Rio that's pretty awesome.

The best one also has the best name: Taco Nacho.

VeeJay
11/12/2007, 10:13 PM
Anyone ever had a fish taco?

I throw up a little bit in my mouth every time I hear of such a concoction.

soonerboomer93
11/12/2007, 10:22 PM
I refuse to eat anywhere that serves a fish taco, that's why i've never been to del taco.

Oh, and yermom and GHP, try some different flavors of tabasco sauce, the chipotle is good, as is the garlic. They don't have that vinegar taste (that i've noticed)

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, but when Cholula is awesome and pretty dang cheap, why go to all that effort? ;)

GottaHavePride
11/12/2007, 10:32 PM
BTW, this may be the best thread on the SO in the past three months.

Except for in ur base killin ur d00ds.

usmc-sooner
11/12/2007, 11:12 PM
do any of you fools remember Taco Factory

bri
11/13/2007, 12:47 AM

That speaks more to the ever-spreading fail pandemic on the Oval more than any notion of this thread not sucking.

Okieflyer
11/13/2007, 08:56 AM

All I can say is AMEN to that!:cool:

soonerbrat
11/13/2007, 09:18 AM
Anyone ever had a fish taco?

I throw up a little bit in my mouth every time I hear of such a concoction.

yes...i was in San Diego and it was during Lent. I thought it couldn't be all bad since we were on a coast. I was wrong.

1stTimeCaller
11/13/2007, 09:21 AM
fish tacos are great and Taco Mayo's hot sauce is mucho bettero than Bell's.

proud gonzo
11/13/2007, 09:24 AM

Except for in ur base killin ur d00ds.I dunno, I kinda liked the "I'm gruntled" thread

soonerbrat
11/13/2007, 09:28 AM
I like the "Pictures You Took" thread

TopDaugIn2000
11/13/2007, 09:30 AM
I love fish tacos. I make them on occasion.

refuse to eat anywhere the serves a fish taco??? ever been to ON THE BORDER?!?!?! they even have it on the menu, course it's battered and fried fish, but it's still fish

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 09:32 AM
word to your female parental unit.

not on the fish taco thing though

soonerbrat
11/13/2007, 09:34 AM

taco mayo doesn't have hot sauce...they have french dressing

1stTimeCaller
11/13/2007, 09:40 AM
french dressing that's better than Bell's hot sauce!!!

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 09:42 AM
french dressing that's better than Bell's hot sauce!!!
to be fair, taco bell's hot sauce is the perfect compliment to their crappy line of food items.

Viking Kitten
11/13/2007, 09:46 AM
That speaks more to the ever-spreading fail pandemic on the Oval more than any notion of this thread not sucking.

Yet, much like Taco Bell, we all keep coming back, don't we?

Fugue
11/13/2007, 09:46 AM
I love munching on fish tacos. They can be very tasty.

Taco Rio in Wichitit does indeed get it done.

yermom
11/13/2007, 09:52 AM
I refuse to eat anywhere that serves a fish taco, that's why i've never been to del taco.

Oh, and yermom and GHP, try some different flavors of tabasco sauce, the chipotle is good, as is the garlic. They don't have that vinegar taste (that i've noticed)

fish tacos aren't bad...

i like the green Tabasco ok

C&CDean
11/13/2007, 09:55 AM
Any of you ****in' hillbillies who says "I hate fish tacos" yet has never even tried them are lameass lamewads. You're probably the ones who think Bueno has the best mexican food on the planet, that cheese sauce belongs all over your grub, and you judge a mexican joint by the chips and the fakey cheese sauce.

Of course if the only place you've tried them is at the local Del Taco fast food joint then you don't deserve to experience the greatness that is a fish taco.

Yes, it sounds nasty. And I'm not really that crazy about fish. But fish tacos are damn fine eats.

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 09:56 AM
I smiled when I saw Dean had replied to this thread.

soonerbrat
11/13/2007, 10:04 AM
I had a fish taco from a respectable seafood restaurant in San Diego. it was nasty.

C&CDean
11/13/2007, 10:05 AM
I had a fish taco from a respectable seafood restaurant in San Diego. it was nasty.

Well then it's obvious you have no taste.

usmc-sooner
11/13/2007, 10:06 AM
I can't say fish taco without laughing

C&CDean
11/13/2007, 10:07 AM

That's because you've spent way too much time around Navy boys.

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 10:07 AM
can you type it without saying it?

soonerbrat
11/13/2007, 10:09 AM
Well then it's obvious you have no taste.

have you tried that same restaurant? I doubt it. you might not have liked it either. it was served on a corn tortilla instead of a crunchy shell or flour tortilla. but if you want to say I have no taste, go ahead. I loved your elk chili so that must mean it was no good.

C&CDean
11/13/2007, 10:24 AM
have you tried that same restaurant? I doubt it. you might not have liked it either. it was served on a corn tortilla instead of a crunchy shell or flour tortilla. but if you want to say I have no taste, go ahead. I loved your elk chili so that must mean it was no good.

Don't be getting all huffy missy. Real fish tacos are served on a corn tortilla. Which kind of gets to my point. A corn tortilla is different from what the average OK hillbilly is used to. So it's automatically "nasty." It's not nasty dammit, it's different. And FWIW, "crunchy" shells are corn tortillas too.

One of my major peeves with the average okie is their narrowass taste buds. Anything they try that doesn't taste like something they're used to is gross. My wife is one of the worst for this. She's learned to like all kinds of food, but only because I've pushed new foods on her. Neighbor kids drive me nuts when they come over to eat. Everything we put on the plate (that isn't a hamburger or french fry or chicken strip) is "nasty."

Give fish tacos a couple tries at different places. In all seriousness, I've never had a bad fish taco.

usmc-sooner
11/13/2007, 10:32 AM
Don't be getting all huffy missy. Real fish tacos are served on a corn tortilla. Which kind of gets to my point. A corn tortilla is different from what the average OK hillbilly is used to. So it's automatically "nasty." It's not nasty dammit, it's different. And FWIW, "crunchy" shells are corn tortillas too.

One of my major peeves with the average okie is their narrowass taste buds. Anything they try that doesn't taste like something they're used to is gross. My wife is one of the worst for this. She's learned to like all kinds of food, but only because I've pushed new foods on her. Neighbor kids drive me nuts when they come over to eat. Everything we put on the plate (that isn't a hamburger or french fry or chicken strip) is "nasty."

Give fish tacos a couple tries at different places. In all seriousness, I've never had a bad fish taco.

well well well Mr. Fancy Boy has a problem with Okies not eating his fancy foods

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 10:35 AM
Dean has a recipe for broiled horse anus that will make your tongue slap your brains out.

C&CDean
11/13/2007, 10:55 AM
well well well Mr. Fancy Boy has a problem with Okies not eating his fancy foods

No, I have a problem with okies who can't eat anything but the 4 things their fat momma used to cook.

JohnnyMack
11/13/2007, 11:19 AM
I need to get a new bottle of Scorned Woman - that sauce will kick your teeth out.

The Scorned Woman salsa is awesome too. Can be kinda hard to find though.

And yeah, Dave's Insanity = not good.

TopDaugIn2000
11/13/2007, 11:27 AM
Fish Tacos:

(I usually use hallibut or Mahi Mahi fillets, whatever I'm able to find that's not already breaded!)
coat with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite taco seasoning. I also add a little cayenne pepper
grill (a grill pan works well)
break into small chunks and place in a warm CORN tortilla
top with chopped cabbage (yes, cabbage) and PEACH salsa.

TRUST.
ME.

JohnnyMack
11/13/2007, 11:30 AM
Peach Salsa = Teh Ghey

TopDaugIn2000
11/13/2007, 11:31 AM
compliments the fish nicely, moron

soonerbrat
11/13/2007, 01:58 PM

yes, i know crunchy taco shells are corn tortillas made crunchy. I just have not a fan of corn tortillas since I was in a contest to win a trip to mexico. Had to eat mayonnaise (about an inch thick) on corn tortillas...needless to say, i didn't win, and I haven't been able to stomach either since.

I've eaten all kinds of foods from all over the world and there are very few things I won't eat. at the very least I will try just about anything. I don't think i'd be up for eating beetles or any other kind of creepy crawly that walks or crawls the earth...i almost said "slithered" too but I've eaten rattlesnake and it wasn't half bad.

other things I won't eat:
water chestnuts
raspberry anything
those spine bones that come in canned salmon
certain kinds of sushi

TopDaugIn2000
11/13/2007, 02:28 PM
yeah, the spine bones in canned salmon kinda get to me too.......

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 02:37 PM
2 girls 1 salmon bone

soonerbrat
11/13/2007, 02:44 PM
salmon bones give me the willies

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 02:45 PM
salmon bones give me the willies
can we film a reaction video?

soonerbrat
11/13/2007, 02:49 PM
do i have to eat one?

sanantoniosooner
11/13/2007, 02:51 PM
The direction I could go with this is giving me the heeby jeebies.

Fugue
11/13/2007, 02:52 PM
The direction I could go with this is giving me the heeby jeebies.

:D
I had 4 or 5 different responses and had to delete all of them.

soonerboomer93
11/13/2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah, but when Cholula is awesome and pretty dang cheap, why go to all that effort? ;)

Um, I can't exactly walk into a store and get a bottle of Cholula, but there are some places I can get tabasco.

(actually, i have a bottle of Cholula at my apartment, but I brought it back for another ex-pat, just need to hook up and provide it to him)

soonerboomer93
11/13/2007, 06:45 PM
I love fish tacos. I make them on occasion.

refuse to eat anywhere the serves a fish taco??? ever been to ON THE BORDER?!?!?! they even have it on the menu, course it's battered and fried fish, but it's still fish

Once, it was complete crap, i've never been back

usmc-sooner
11/13/2007, 06:45 PM
eat the damn fish tacos or Dean will shoot your fat moms.

soonerboomer93
11/13/2007, 06:51 PM
Any of you ****in' hillbillies who says "I hate fish tacos" yet has never even tried them are lameass lamewads. You're probably the ones who think Bueno has the best mexican food on the planet, that cheese sauce belongs all over your grub, and you judge a mexican joint by the chips and the fakey cheese sauce.

Of course if the only place you've tried them is at the local Del Taco fast food joint then you don't deserve to experience the greatness that is a fish taco.

Yes, it sounds nasty. And I'm not really that crazy about fish. But fish tacos are damn fine eats.

sorry dude, my grandma never made fish taco and her and my grand parents would never have one. There isn't a single recipe down the family line for anything like that, so nope, not gonna have it. Considering I was raised on home cooked mexican recipes from my fathers side of the family, stuff that came over the border 3 and 4 generations back, I think I'm ok not going with the fish taco. I've never been to del taco. Hell, I was roasting chili's in the grandparents back yard when I was only knee high.

(actually, I judge mexican restaraunts by whether or not they carry a shredded chicken, the taste of it, how their chili's taste, and if they make their own tortillas as a start)

1stTimeCaller
11/13/2007, 06:55 PM
sorry dude, my grandma never made fish taco and her and my grand parents would never have one. There isn't a single recipe down the family line for anything like that, so nope, not gonna have it. Considering I was raised on home cooked mexican recipes from my fathers side of the family, stuff that came over the border 3 and 4 generations back, I think I'm ok not going with the fish taco. I've never been to del taco. Hell, I was roasting chili's in the grandparents back yard when I was only knee high.

(actually, I judge mexican restaraunts by whether or not they carry a shredded chicken, the taste of it, how their chili's taste, and if they make their own tortillas as a start)

BS. You judge mexican food places on their fake cheese dip and you know it!
;)

soonerboomer93
11/13/2007, 06:57 PM
it's all about the cheese queso

usmc-sooner
11/13/2007, 07:08 PM
No, I have a problem with okies who can't eat anything but the 4 things their fat momma used to cook.

I respect my parents.
And we didn't have ****. Okay?
I had ****, Dean. Me and my brothers
and sisters didn't have ****.
I had 5 brothers and sisters, Dean
My father made 87 cents a week.
He worked at the Coleco toy factory,
Dean, and made 87 cents a week.
That's not a lot of money
when you have 6 children.
We didn't have all the fancy things
like you, Charlie and Vernon.
We didn't have fancy luxuries
like food.
What the heck you gonna eat
on 87 cents a week?
We had to eat whatever my father
brought home from work.
We ate the toys, Dean.
We ate the toys
and we never complained,
because my mother
could cook her *** off.
My mother get some hot sauce
and some salt and pepper,
make a Tonka truck
taste so delicious.
The wheels will melt
in your mouth,Dean.
And you appreciate it.
You never complained.

Harry Beanbag
11/13/2007, 08:21 PM
The Mexican grandma has been in town the last month or so and made us some genuine real salsa. It'll burn the short curlies off most of you people. Good **** it is.

1stTimeCaller
11/13/2007, 08:50 PM
The Mexican grandma has been in town the last month or so and made us some genuine real salsa. It'll burn the short curlies off most of you people. Good **** it is.

Please tell me that your grandmother doesn't put the **** in a cup.

For the love of God, please say that she doesn't.

:D

Harry Beanbag
11/14/2007, 06:48 AM
http://www.lautenthals-glueck.de/g_buch/gb_bilder/vomit.gif