PDA

View Full Version : Random women's basketball chatter thread

badger
11/11/2007, 11:12 PM
#6 OU loses to #4 Maryland (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=273150120&confId=null)
Box score:
STARTERS MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS
N Stevenson 16 1-3 0-0 0 0 2 0 2
A Paris 36 8-12 0-0 1 7 1 4 17
C Paris 38 3-9 5-9 3 10 1 3 11
A Thompson 26 4-9 0-0 4 7 1 1 8
J Plumley 30 2-10 0-0 0 1 4 1 5
BENCH MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS
J Vining 18 1-6 0-0 0 1 2 4 3
A Olajuwon 2 0-1 0-0 0 2 0 1 0
C Roethlisberger 12 2-3 1-1 1 2 2 1 5
D Robinson 20 7-9 1-1 0 0 4 2 15
R Hammond 2 0-1 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

Yes, you read correctly, two Cali girls scored more than our Cali star, Courtney Paris. She didn't even foul out (3 fouls) so you can't use that as an excuse. Perhaps she should become a decoy like Shaq, where everyone swarms her and gives open shots to other players.

It's a good sign that Robinson can come in and score 20 like that on her first major game. I just hope OU can get a title before both Paris' retire :(

BoomerGirl34
11/11/2007, 11:30 PM
As I posted earlier, it is apparent that if a team has the size to take care of Courtney, our inexperience gets exposed.

We are young and it's a pretty tough stage for players that are so young to start off on ESPN on national TV with a ranked opponent. Tenn is next and it won't be pretty.

It is good to see Ashley making her shots, she looks a lot more confident from last season. Love the left hand under the rim and the quick feet! Roethlisberger made a couple of outstanding passes and has a solid hoops IQ. I think when your PG quarterback is young, it shows more than any other position. Plumley better control the passes; her TO/Assist ratio isn't good AT ALL!
I really think D Robinson will become the starting PG just because we need her slashing abilities, but for now, freshmen do what freshmen do: they foul and don't play defense very well. We need better guard play, we need better permiter defense and our 3pt % was abysmal.

Thing is, we've got some very big dogs on the schedule and that will baptize this young group with fire. A lot of good can come out of it experientially, even if they get waxed.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/12/2007, 12:12 AM
Didn't really watch the game all that much, I made the Cowboys-Giants game my No. 1 priority and I DVR'd our game instead.

From what I saw, though, we're definitely going to be a work in progress, even into conference play. But OU should still be a solid favorite to win the conference and should still get a top four seed, unless the early-season schedule completely overwhelms us. What would really help the Sooners this season is if the NCAA puts them in the Oklahoma City regional bracket. No guarantee, of course, but if the Sooners get to go to OKC, it would definitely work in our favor.

Ash
11/12/2007, 12:46 AM
Need to get better at all aspects of the game or this is going to be a long season.

ouwapiti
11/12/2007, 09:21 AM
thompson better start making layups....she looks too nonchalant to me....maryland was giving the perimeter players open 3's and we either missed or didnt take them at all....CP3...hmmm...doesnt seem to get it done against players that are her size... lack of mobility and no turn around or step back jump shot is a major liability......lack of experience was obvious...

badger
11/12/2007, 09:21 AM
Some chick named Joanna McFarland chose OU! (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/insider/news/story?id=3098380)

At a time when many colleges are scrambling to complete their 2008 recruiting classes, Oklahoma and coach Sherri Coales set themselves up nicely for 2009.

Joanna McFarland

HoopGurlz.com

Joanna McFarland chose Oklahoma over Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas and Oklahoma State.
They did so in an unplanned fashion, when Joanna McFarland, a big-time post prospect out of Derby, Kan., was, well, hooked on a feeling while sitting in on a practice during an unofficial visit last weekend.

"It's really hard to describe," said McFarland, the No. 21 overall prospect in the HoopGurlz Super Sixty for the 2009 class. "I just felt like I had to go there."

Both of McFarland's parents are from Oklahoma. Her mother, Jennifer, went to Oklahoma State, as did her father, Jay, who received his degree from Oklahoma. Though McFarland has sisters who played elsewhere, she grew up wanting to play at either Oklahoma or Oklahoma State. She also considered Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas and Oklahoma State.

McFarland's oldest sister, played for Kansas State. She said her other sister, Jackie, a senior at Colorado, lobbied her to play for the Buffaloes.

Asked if her decision to commit to Oklahoma meant Jackie wasn't a good recruiter for Colorado, McFarland joked, "Yes, that's exactly what I mean."

Both of McFarland's sisters counseled her to make her official visits before making a decision. She was on an unofficial visit, for Oklahoma's 42-14 football victory over Texas A&M on Saturday, when she made a gut decision to commit.

"They both made their visits," McFarland said of her sisters, "but they both said they knew where they wanted to go during their first visit. I felt the same way."

Though slightly undersized at 6-foot-2 for the post, and perhaps even forward, McFarland has excellent footwork and knowledge of using her body. The combination of the two, plus her advanced court sense, makes up for any lack of size. She had such an impressive summer that the inbox for her email overflowed when colleges were able to contact her on Sept. 1. She says she has been receiving an average of about 10 letters a day since then.

"Surprising," is the way McFarland describes all the attention.

Turns out, where basketball is concerned, Joanna McFarland is full of surprises.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/13/2007, 01:51 AM
Some chick named Joanna McFarland chose OU! (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/insider/news/story?id=3098380)
I guess this continues our trend of landing players who have had either their mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles or grandparents become high-profile athletes.

badger
11/13/2007, 10:30 AM
I guess this continues our trend of landing players who have had either their mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles or grandparents become high-profile athletes.
Yes... and it's weird, isn't it?

Not meaning to judge Sherri Coale's recruiting or anything... I mean, when she got to OU from Norman High, the program was NIT-or-worse, but looking at next year's top recruits, the ones from in-state are going elsewhere:

Here are the one's I'm referring to:
Ranked: #18
Position: F
Position Ranking: #3
Name: Liz Lay
Home state: Oklahoma
More numbers: 6'1"/20.3
committed to: Washington

Ranked: #20
Position rank: 4
Name: Alyssia Brewer
More numbers: 6'3"/
committed to: Tennessee

OU's commitments for the 2008 class potentially include Nneka Ogwumike from Texas, the #6 overall recruit and #1 forward on the board, and Shawna-Lei Kuehu from Hawaii, the #25 overall recruit and #7 guard. None have committed to any particular school yet, but their lists include OU and the other usual culprits, like Tennessee, Texas, USC (ugh) et al.

So... is it better to get in-state talent with women's basketball, or try your hand at the better talent out-of-state? Really, in basketball, after the top few, everything else can equal out with practice and determination and stuff. Not everyone's going to be Courtney Paris through practice and determination, obviously, but they could be the best guard or shooter.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/13/2007, 07:57 PM
Yes... and it's weird, isn't it?

Not meaning to judge Sherri Coale's recruiting or anything... I mean, when she got to OU from Norman High, the program was NIT-or-worse, but looking at next year's top recruits, the ones from in-state are going elsewhere:

Here are the one's I'm referring to:
Ranked: #18
Position Ranking: #3
Name: Liz Lay
More numbers: 6'1"/20.3
committed to: Washington

Ranked: #20
Position rank: 4
Name: Alyssia Brewer
More numbers: 6'3"/
committed to: Tennessee

OU's commitments for the 2008 class potentially include Nneka Ogwumike from Texas, the #6 overall recruit and #1 forward on the board, and Shawna-Lei Kuehu from Hawaii, the #25 overall recruit and #7 guard. None have committed to any particular school yet, but their lists include OU and the other usual culprits, like Tennessee, Texas, USC (ugh) et al.

So... is it better to get in-state talent with women's basketball, or try your hand at the better talent out-of-state? Really, in basketball, after the top few, everything else can equal out with practice and determination and stuff. Not everyone's going to be Courtney Paris through practice and determination, obviously, but they could be the best guard or shooter.
Don't forget Angel Goodrich, the point guard from Tahlequah-Sequoyah who committed to Kansas. She may arguably be the state's best player this season.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/14/2007, 07:28 PM
And the trend continues.
Whitney Hand, the shooting guard out of Fort Worth who signed today, is the daughter of former MLB pitcher Rich Hand. A guard out of the Houston area, Jasmine Hartman, also signed but I don't know about her bloodlines. Maybe she's related to David Hartman, the former host of "Good Morning America."

OKLA21FAN
11/15/2007, 10:10 AM
now this thread has more value
:pop:
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/w-baskbl/auto_wide/1546059.jpeg

badger
11/15/2007, 10:21 AM
Oh yeah... threads are worthless w/o pics :D

Here you go, boys:
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5636/dancedp5.png
Perhaps Coach Coale is celebrity recommended? I mean, these girls could go to any school they want with their lineage. Why Oklahoma?

Because OU's paying them off at Big Red Sports/Imports?

arrgggh. so happy aggie has a sheedy women's basketball team.

badger
11/16/2007, 02:53 PM
Give it up for the women's team... they showed promise last night of being able to take out the top teams in the country.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8820/mightymouserr9.jpg
I'll do a new one next time the team deserves it :D

SAME GOES FOR THE GUYS!

sooneronloan
11/16/2007, 04:37 PM
I was at walmart in Saginaw Texas today wearing a ou shirt and A man told me his daughter signed to play for OU. Whitney Hand, I told him I would watch for her.

tommieharris91
11/16/2007, 04:45 PM
arrgggh. so happy aggie has a sheedy women's basketball team.

They're too busy fellating Kurt Budke to care about our team. They think he's the second coming of Jesus Christ, Buddha, and Muhammed rolled into one. Budke sure doesn't look as good as Coale, though.

badger
11/16/2007, 05:04 PM
They're too busy fellating Kurt Budke to care about our team. They think he's the second coming of Jesus Christ, Buddha, and Muhammed rolled into one. Budke sure doesn't look as good as Coale, though.
dare I say that OSU's women's basketball team is not... Goodenough?:D:D:D

badger
11/20/2007, 09:56 PM
Ok, so last week's player of the week was Jenna (see jpg above)
This week, because I don't want to bother with it around Thanksgiving and because they don't play until Thanksgiving, behold, the sf.com player of the week:
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/9926/abigo9.jpg
She has improved so much over last year that teams are going to have to do more than hope CP3 gets tired or is in foul trouble? Who will stop what is known as Sooner women's basketball now? Tennessee? pbbth. They got lucky ref calls. Maryland? Nah, they'll play some close-to-home regional action and lose before they meet us again.

In conclusion, this week's most improved player... I mean, player of the week award goes to none other than Abi Olajuwon. I hope I spelled her name right!

Who will next week's POW (kind of has a nice ring to it) go to, and what crazy superhero should accompany said picture? Send in nominees! And yes, girls can win more than once.

NormanPride
11/21/2007, 10:27 AM
Who will next week's POW (kind of has a nice ring to it) go to, and what crazy superhero should accompany said picture? Send in nominees! And yes, girls can win more than once.

Considering # of weeks > # of girls, I would hope so. ;)

BoomerGirl34
11/21/2007, 11:20 AM
D-Rob = Wonder Woman!

badger
11/22/2007, 11:52 AM
D-Rob = Wonder Woman!
If she gets double figures off the bench once more... and there aren't any really crazy huge performances, that'll have to be next :D

BoomerGirl34
11/22/2007, 11:39 PM
If she gets double figures off the bench once more... and there aren't any really crazy huge performances, that'll have to be next :D

How about Ashley and D-ROb as Batman & Robin? I mean, based off today's performances and all...:)

badger
11/23/2007, 11:03 AM
I can't forego CP3 forever either... but it's not every day that Ashley has more points than her sister

Ruuuuuufus
11/23/2007, 04:55 PM
Courtney's double double streak ended today :( 64 straight games...

Another good win for the Sooners though as they top Miss. St. 88-73 in Cancun. Courtney finishes with 16/8, Ashley has 24/8 and Ny had 17.

BoomerGirl34
11/23/2007, 06:06 PM
Courtney's double double streak ended today :( 64 straight games...

Another good win for the Sooners though as they top Miss. St. 88-73 in Cancun. Courtney finishes with 16/8, Ashley has 24/8 and Ny had 17.

Ashley's line:

24 points/ 8 boards

:eek:

I love it! And Stevenson off the bench? 17 points. 4-4 from three point land.

Plumley?

4-7 from 3 pt land

Robinson dished 7 assists, Thompson had six dishes, CP3 had 16 points/ 8 boards....

You have to be thrilled with all the balance!

TopDaugIn2000
11/24/2007, 09:21 PM
OU 88
Miss. St 73

BUT, CP3's double double streak came to an end at 64 straight games. (She got 8 rebounds).

Meanwhile, Ashley had 24 pts

tommieharris91
11/24/2007, 11:06 PM
The women played a game Friday???

TopDaugIn2000
11/24/2007, 11:30 PM
yesterday (thursday) and today (friday) in Cancun

badger
11/26/2007, 04:12 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome to be Carolyn Winchester? Watch the games from the front row, sit in on team huddles AND travel to vacation destinations like Jamaica and Mexico (hey, they have Cancun)?

On that note, please place these randomly selected teams in order of greatness:

Baylor, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Mizzou, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

My order:
OU
Baylor
A&M
ISU
Texas
T-Tech
KSU
Kansas
Colorado
Mizzou
Oklahoma State
Nebraska

Oh, dear Nebbish... without football, unlike Baylor, you cannot fall back on women's basketball. What will you do when both schools are competing for your true football coaching's desire and Skeletor says "Welcome to Baylor, Hot Prospect Coach. You and I will have a lot of getting to know each other time if you coach here!" and you cannot offer anything similar when they visit Nebraska?

...oh yeah, Skeltor's scary. Ooo, scary tree!

Newbomb Turk
11/27/2007, 08:03 PM
I don't know that I'll start a thread, but the chicks are playing the mean green now. It's televised in OKC on ch 43, Cox 16.

badger
11/27/2007, 08:04 PM
but... the charlie brown christmas special is on! ;)

Newbomb Turk
11/27/2007, 08:07 PM
but... the charlie brown christmas special is on! ;)
damn you! :mad:

now Ima have to watch that.

:D

SoonerBOI
11/27/2007, 08:47 PM
OU 32-North Texas 17.

badger
11/27/2007, 08:47 PM
Ok, now that Charlie and the gang have sung "Hark the Herald"

1- Jenna is too quick for University of South Oklahoma... wait, I don't want to take ownership of that crappy university... University of Northern North Mexico.

2- Pass the ball, Amanda Thompson! I know it seems like every shot is an open one to you, but PLEASE pass!

3- Ugggh, open easy shots missed by centers down low.

4- Cherry Kohl is making those old reffies horny, methinks :rolleyes:

5- Is V the new male fan's favorite player? She seems to be getting some cheering from the crowd. Well, Sanchez graduated, so somebody has to take her place :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Newbomb Turk
11/27/2007, 08:51 PM
4- Cherry Kohl is making those old reffies horny, methinks :rolleyes:

now that's funny.

badger
11/27/2007, 09:00 PM
now that's funny.
Well, did you see what she's wearing and did you see how old those ref guys are?

I swear I saw one look down a little when she was yelling at him.

Newbomb Turk
11/27/2007, 09:02 PM
Well, did you see what she's wearing and did you see how old those ref guys are?

no I didn't notice.

:O

:hot:

badger
11/27/2007, 09:08 PM
no I didn't notice.

:O
the face of a liar :P

Newbomb Turk
11/27/2007, 09:10 PM
Cherry Kohl not be a happy camper.

badger
11/27/2007, 09:13 PM
Cherry Kohl not be a happy camper.
STOP DOING FANCY DANCIE PASSES THAT RESULT IN EMBARRASSING SCHMARRASSING TURNOVERS :mad::mad::mad:

Ooo! NP just made fried rice. I love him so much :D

Newbomb Turk
11/27/2007, 09:26 PM
d rob be good.

badger
11/27/2007, 10:13 PM
Nominees are officially closed for player of the week in one day. New grafik up tomorrow, complete with awesome super hero nickname!

For now, the game honors and dishonors:

Passing: :):(:(:(:(
Analysis: Yes, we at Oklahoma love touchdown passes, but aren't short screen passes to wide open receivers just as good when they don't result in as many incompletions and interceptions?!?!

Shooting: :):):):):(
Analysis: Wow, a really long Vining three... wow, shot and shot falls. WOW!

Rebounding: :):):):):)
Analysis: Easy to do well when your opponent looks incredibly lost and intimidated... way to intimidate!

Blocking: :):):):):(
Analysis: Very good, especially for Courtney to set the team record. However, a few off-the-bench players who went for blocks resulted in very bad fouls.

Coaching: :):):):):(
Analysis: Was that low cut shirt to distract the refs? It definitely worked, as there were some iffy-ness plays and poking that were brushed off. However, turnovers were killer, passes and shots were forced and... we just now have a winning record and we're 11th of 12 in the Big 12 right now?! Hehe, lol.

TopDaugIn2000
11/27/2007, 11:40 PM
other then sloppy SLOPPY passes, it was a good win.

Sooner24
11/28/2007, 12:17 AM
I need some one to answer a question if you were watching the UNT game on TV tonight. When Amanda Thompson was shotting her second free throw the officials waved it off and gave the ball to UNT. I was at the game and we never could figure out what happened. I said maybe she waited to long to shot and the ref counted to ten but if that is what it was I have never seen it called.

silverwheels
11/28/2007, 12:52 AM
I need some one to answer a question if you were watching the UNT game on TV tonight. When Amanda Thompson was shotting her second free throw the officials waved it off and gave the ball to UNT. I was at the game and we never could figure out what happened. I said maybe she waited to long to shot and the ref counted to ten but if that is what it was I have never seen it called.

Lane violation on Carlee.

TopDaugIn2000
11/28/2007, 09:14 AM
did anyone else hear the announcers talk of all of the mistakes on the stats in Mexico and that CP3's double-double streak might still be alive??? any other word on that?

badger
11/28/2007, 10:39 AM
did anyone else hear the announcers talk of all of the mistakes on the stats in Mexico and that CP3's double-double streak might still be alive??? any other word on that?
Yes, it was a false start on Roethlisberger (or however you spell that) for the Amanda Thompson free throw.

I heard the thing about Oklahoma challenging whether or not CP3 still has a double-double streak going. I suppose it's so that CP3 doesn't lose the spotlight to AP5... AP5!?!? Ok, that just sounds weird. She needs a different nickname. Maybe later this season :D

TopDaugIn2000
11/28/2007, 10:44 AM
the 'coming out' of ashley makes me VERY excited. could be a BIG year.

BoomerGirl34
11/28/2007, 11:59 AM
I love the way AP5 (I kinda like it!) is using that left hand to make people look plain silly!

TopDaugIn2000
11/28/2007, 12:28 PM
girl's got some spin moves too!

TopDaugIn2000
11/28/2007, 12:35 PM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2951/ap5nr1.jpg

BoomerGirl34
11/28/2007, 12:40 PM
Spekkity Spek Spek!

TopDaugIn2000
11/28/2007, 12:43 PM
it's the muscle relaxers talkin

Salt City Sooner
11/28/2007, 01:24 PM
Sherri flat BRISTLED at the mere suggestion of anything positive by Antonelli @ the halftime interview. I don't think I've ever seen her that ticked. It was a little better in the postgame interview, but not much.

BoomerGirl34
11/28/2007, 06:08 PM
I have a suggestion on this whole photo/hero thing:

Danielle Robinson as this guy, what with all the stealing she does!

http://www.umich.edu/~uac/threeweeks/Volume5.2/hamburgler.jpg

badger
11/28/2007, 07:11 PM
Sherri flat BRISTLED at the mere suggestion of anything positive by Antonelli @ the halftime interview. I don't think I've ever seen her that ticked. It was a little better in the postgame interview, but not much.
sherri used to cry after losses those first few years. she seemed on the verge of tears again after today's game for a different reason...

those early teams were expected to lose and she got her hope up that they would come through, anyway. Today's teams are going to win, but when they take that for granted, it probably ****es her off to no end, because she experienced the very lowest in the program (and quite a few of us have too), but these girls haven't and may take it for granted that OU has not always been great.

She was likely fuming because they were being sloppy and not taking this game against UNT seriously.

badger
11/28/2007, 08:32 PM
Previous winners:
Week 1: Jenna Plumley (Mighty Mouse)
Week 2: Abi Olajuwom (Fantastic 4)

This week, we tribute the amusing...
Biggest uniform on smallest player award: Stevenson

The cringing...
Most irritated looks after passes to sidelines award: Might Mouse

And the downright awesome...
Best streak to protest the NCAA to keep going: Courtney Paris' double doubles.

But... the most important is the POW. Is there really any question?
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3287/drobgu6.jpg
She's the most outstanding freshman in the country, she comes off the bench and still scores in double figures. Congrats, "Catwoman!"

BoomerGirl34
11/28/2007, 08:42 PM
Spekkity spek spek spek!

BoomerGirl34
11/28/2007, 11:34 PM
This just in!

The streak is alive and well at 65 games. She had 10 boards against Miss. State.

Per SportingNews radio.

tommieharris91
11/29/2007, 12:19 AM
This just in!

The streak is alive and well at 65 games. She had 10 boards against Miss. State.

Per SportingNews radio.

Now if only we can get rid of that loss to Oregon...

TopDaugIn2000
11/29/2007, 08:53 AM
COOL.

badger
11/29/2007, 09:55 AM
Now if only we can get rid of that loss to Oregon...
Let it go, man. They have a loss against us that they think is erased, too (Holiday Bowl vs. Bomar). But... that still doesn't give them the trophy! :D

badger
11/29/2007, 10:15 AM
Ben Roethisberger (or however you spell that, I promise to get it by the end of the season!) wore an OU shirt on PTI yesterday, apparently. The Mizzou Tiger board is beetchin' about it :D

I think Ben played at Pitt, so he probably wanted to cheer on a team that will actually win this week :)

Mizzou fans apparently also now hate us (and this board) because we are only playing to ruin their season... well, duh! That's why Kansas State played us in 2000 and 2003, Colorado in 2002 and 2004 and Nebraska in 2006! The consolation prize for "ruining your season" is a BCS game. If the situation were reversed, they'd be all about ruining our season too...

...except, Tech and Colorado already took that dishonor :mad:

Ok... now back to women's basketball. Attn: Guy posters. Is Ben's lil sis the new Krista Sanchez, Erin Higgins or Leah Rush? I asked NP during the game a few days ago, and here's what he thinks:

Vining= Higgins (because they're both blond and shoot extremely long 3's)
Roethlisberger= Sanchez (because they're the cutest)

Thoughts? :rolleyes:

BoomerGirl34
11/29/2007, 11:12 AM
Ben Roethisberger (or however you spell that, I promise to get it by the end of the season!) wore an OU shirt on PTI yesterday, apparently. The Mizzou Tiger board is beetchin' about it :D

I think Ben played at Pitt, so he probably wanted to cheer on a team that will actually win this week :)

Mizzou fans apparently also now hate us (and this board) because we are only playing to ruin their season... well, duh! That's why Kansas State played us in 2000 and 2003, Colorado in 2002 and 2004 and Nebraska in 2006! The consolation prize for "ruining your season" is a BCS game. If the situation were reversed, they'd be all about ruining our season too...

...except, Tech and Colorado already took that dishonor :mad:

Ok... now back to women's basketball. Attn: Guy posters. Is Ben's lil sis the new Krista Sanchez, Erin Higgins or Leah Rush? I asked NP during the game a few days ago, and here's what he thinks:

Vining= Higgins (because they're both blond and shoot extremely long 3's)
Roethlisberger= Sanchez (because they're the cutest)

Thoughts? :rolleyes:

Not a dude, but walk on Lauren Willis seems to have taken the Sanchez fans hearts...not a lot of love for Vining or Carlee. Carolyn has her fan share as well...

Lauren Willis:
http://soonersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/willis_lauren00.html

silverwheels
11/29/2007, 11:51 AM
Roethlisberger played at Miami of Ohio in college. He was a lot more fun to watch back in those days, but then again, he was by far the best player in the MAC.

As far as my favorite eye candy on the team this year, I think I'd have to go with Carolyn Winchester. And thank goodness Carlee doesn't look too much like her brother.

badger
11/29/2007, 12:22 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/w-baskbl/auto_headshot/1321869.jpeg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/don_banks/06/13/roethlisberger/p1_ben_pensive.jpg
If he weren't in the NFL, they'd probably tell people he's adopted :D:D:D

j/k.

silverwheels
11/29/2007, 12:26 PM
It's Grizzly Adams!

TopDaugIn2000
11/29/2007, 01:00 PM
I don't get why guys think girls would ever find scruffy (pube looking) beards and nappy greasy hair attractive. GAG!

BoomerGirl34
11/29/2007, 06:19 PM
http://soonersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/112907aaa.html

Officially official on the STREAK remaning intact!

badger
11/29/2007, 09:02 PM
I don't get why guys think girls would ever find scruffy (pube looking) beards and nappy greasy hair attractive. GAG!
oh, i do NOT. i am quite irritated when NP decides not to shave on weekends :mad:

However, I know how evil shaving can be, especially around the knee area, so I don't give him too much grief... but then again, he never kisses my knee!

TopDaugIn2000
11/29/2007, 09:21 PM
a day's stubble can be ok. I'm talking about when it gets all scruffy and curly and 'pube' looking

ICKY

SicEmBaylor
11/29/2007, 09:48 PM
Mulkey owns them all.

badger
11/29/2007, 10:09 PM
Mulkey owns them all.
One scary beyonce.
http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/01-05/0111baylor.jpg
Yeah, you think so, huh? I apologize in advance for reminding Sooner faithful how lucky we are to have Coach Sherri Coale, goddess of basketball, diety of hoop dreams and queen of the... um... rim. Backboard? queen of the hardwood!

BoomerGirl34
11/29/2007, 10:15 PM
Mulkey owns them all.

Separated at birth:

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/john_walters/04/06/mulkey.robertson/t1_mulkeyrobertson_si.jpg

http://images.quizilla.com/R/rosemilk/1043537902_topcruella.jpg

Just sayin'. :D

SoonerBOI
11/29/2007, 10:54 PM
She's my hero.;)

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9997/winchestercw8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

silverwheels
11/30/2007, 02:00 AM
Carolyn looks so much better than that picture.

badger
12/3/2007, 10:36 AM
This gives me an idea... "taunting the opponent" images :D

But, I'll wait until conference play to start that. That way, we can save them for the tourney and the second conference matchup, too :)

Till then, it's been kind of an off-week, so who's the most deserving player that hasn't been mentioned much yet? Oh, and who are some kewl superheroes to go with said awesome players?

I think I have an idea already, but I'm always open for new ones :D

mfreemba
12/5/2007, 03:19 PM
And the trend continues.
Whitney Hand, the shooting guard out of Fort Worth who signed today, is the daughter of former MLB pitcher Rich Hand. A guard out of the Houston area, Jasmine Hartman, also signed but I don't know about her bloodlines. Maybe she's related to David Hartman, the former host of "Good Morning America."

Of course Jasmine has a professional athlete in her lineage...this gentleman is her grandfather:
http://www.coe.ksu.edu/nlbemuseum/history/players/hartman.html

badger
12/5/2007, 07:42 PM
Illinoiz (make sure to pronounce the S/Z, because it annoys them) vs. OU tonight. It's on the Big 10 network!

TopDaugIn2000
12/5/2007, 11:16 PM
watching. but I'm about an hour behind because I got home late. Man I love my DVR.

mfreemba
12/6/2007, 12:38 PM
Danielle Robinson makes this team totally different than last year's team. Nice to be able to create havoc with defensive pressure and steals and win a game creating turnovers instead of losing it from making turnovers.

badger
12/6/2007, 08:50 PM
Danielle Robinson had a wonderful game yesterday. SEVEN STEALS?! Nyeshia Stevenson was 3-for-4 on three pointers.

But, this week's honor is long overdue. And, since the double-double streak continues...

"I think we can handle one little girl."
"Oh gentlemen, your team's already lost..."
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9840/parizgj7.jpg
Perhaps we've grown accustomed to her acing every opponent every night... but that doesn't make it any less cool. Congrats, CP3! If only you had an airborne rebound, I could have done the infamous jump-rotate-camera thing :D

Salt City Sooner
12/7/2007, 12:01 AM
To say the least, CP3's latest blog is very interesting. For those who may not know, Abby Waner is a AA @ Duke:

To Abby Waner,

I don't know if you'll ever read this, Abby, as my blog is not as popular as yours -- a fact that you have continued to throw in my face (only kidding) -- but, yes, Abby, I read your blog and, yes, you did hurt our fun-loving, fun-hating friendship with your little smart comment on the boat in Tampa.

You wrecked the mood of the night and left me to explain to Jenna Plumley and others that, no, I don't blow their assists to pad my rebounding stats. Maybe I am just relentless?

Yes that's it! I unlike you, Abby, know that I am NOT perfect. So, yes, Abby when I miss my own shots out of imperfection -- forgive me for that -- I am relentless enough to stay after it.

So the secret is out. Thank you. Thank you very much! Can you blame me? With all that said, Abby, we are still friends and it is important to know that I admire you as a player and even more so as a person. But Abby, "sister" (as our alums say), keep your dignity. I always win.

Hopefully, when we're back in Tampa in April, we'll have things patched up.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/090907aaa.html

This was in response to:

Courtney Paris and I have played together for about four summers now and I definitely consider her one of my closest friends in college basketball. Not only is she the most dominant post player in women's basketball history, she is one of the greatest characters and personalities as well. Traveling the world with her and winning gold medals has been a blast, but we developed quite a sarcastic relationship. But instead of it being a poking-fun-at bond, it's more like a full-out punching-fun-at relationship.

She sure can dish it out, and unfortunately, I didn't feel like I got back at her as much as I would have liked to this summer. Therefore, when Beth opened the mic up for questions to other players, I had to jump at my chance. It was really a simple question, and began with, "Court, I think it's amazing that you already have 584 double-double games in a row." Quite impressive when you think that she has only played in 60-some games. I then proceeded to ask, "But do your teammates get upset at you when you miss your layups on purpose just to pad your rebounding stats and blow their assists?"

Her response was exclaiming our friendship was over. So, the secret to Courtney Paris' success is revealed … thank you, thank you very much. However, I am going to publicly throw my heart and dignity on the line and ask Courtney Paris for her friendship back. I apologize, Court -- you win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?page=dukediaries/index

TopDaugIn2000
12/7/2007, 09:13 AM
oh that's funny

badger
12/7/2007, 10:40 AM
To Abby Waner,

You have created a powerful enemy today... no, not Courtney Paris. She handles these matters in a mature and ladylike fashion. We here at SF.com, however, do not appreciate D00k and their preppiness smirking at our wonderful lady Sooners... whom are really just Sooners, but still...

In any event, consider this your first warning:
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9819/cp3n3dtq9.jpg

Should we hear reports back from Ms. Paris that you are continuing your blog attacks on her blog, we shall respond with far worse, far more demeaning and far more hilarious photoshops, aka "farkings."

Consider yourself warned.

Signed,
~baj
SF.com resident basketball fan

BoomerGirl34
12/7/2007, 04:12 PM
Spek. That's friggin' awesome!

badger
12/14/2007, 10:23 AM
Ah, basketball... oh wait, it's finals week. D'oh! Since it's a big ol' bye week, no player of the week "award." Rather, we are just going to continue the CP3 vs. stupid d00k!3 thing. Enjoy!
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/3448/cp3wanerus3.jpg
Please start playing basketball again soon...