PDA

View Full Version : Manuel Johnson

okienole3
11/11/2007, 12:46 PM
It was good to see him have a big game. He has become more and more involved as the season has progressed. I think he is a very good compliment to Kelly, Iggy and Gresh.

BillyBall
11/11/2007, 01:43 PM
He's had 3 solid games in a row, good to see him completely healthy.

Sooner02
11/11/2007, 10:14 PM
What a stud, I was really impressed with him last night. The first few games I wondered why he wasn't being utilized as much, but he definitely is a weapon. 4 receptions, 126 yards, 2 TD's!

Spanish Sooner
11/11/2007, 10:32 PM
Hes definitely a weapon, but we don't have enough balls to go around to all of the receivers, and kelly, gresham, and iglesias have been go to receivers, but johnson is pretty good. Kelly, Iglesias, and Johnson are a great corp of recievers and have really developed to rival some other receiving corps OU has, Like the combination of Clayton, Savage, and Fagan, or Bradley, Jones and Clayton. and Johnson is 1 for 1 passing this season.

GottaHavePride
11/11/2007, 10:37 PM
I wish announcers would pronounce his name right. They keep calling him manual, when last time i checked that spelling should be pronounce man-well.

sanantoniosooner
11/11/2007, 10:40 PM
I wish announcers would pronounce his name right. They keep calling him manual, when last time i checked that spelling should be pronounce man-well.
well........it gets pronounced all different ways down here in Hispania.

The correct way is however the individual in question prefers it.

Jimminy Crimson
11/12/2007, 12:21 AM
Or just call him Manny like Stoops and the rest of the team do. :cool:

Widescreen
11/12/2007, 01:13 AM
It looked like Manual was going to have a bad game after he whiffed on a block that got Gresham dropped for a 3 yard loss. Right after that is when he scored his 1st TD. He played really well last night.

goingoneight
11/12/2007, 01:39 AM
It's comforting to see that we have two more guys in Iglesias and Johnson nowadays who can catch a deep ball. That was frustrating when OUr guys were so young the last two years and didn't make that adjustment well. Some guys are just flat-out talented liek Malcom and Mark Clayton were, others need time to develop. It seems JI and MJ are finally developing into more than just checkdowns.

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2007, 02:15 AM
I just love the idea that lately we seem to have a different guy playing "star" of the receiving corp. Makes it tougher for teams to opt for double coverage on anyone and harder to focus on the run.