PDA

View Full Version : Why Arthur Brown Decided Against OU

Jay C. Upchurch
11/11/2007, 07:32 PM
This is from the Potential Players website, where Arthur has put his faith and future... It doesn't really explain anything other than the fact he decided "OU doesn't fit his personality."

http://potentialplayers.com/news_events_detail.aspx?id=16

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/11/2007, 07:43 PM
Isn't he still considering U North Carolina, where Boo Blake is an assistant?

Sooner Eclipse
11/11/2007, 07:43 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: WTH was that with the racist stuff?

Oh well. Probably an ego we don't need around here anyway.

Good luck to the young man.

Curly Bill
11/11/2007, 07:51 PM
Of the four on his list (at least as I saw it on Rivals): UNC, Miami, LSU, K-state, what does it say that only one of those four competes at the highest levels these days? Should that raise red flags, and maybe allay any concern about us not getting him?

cs6000
11/11/2007, 07:52 PM
That was a strange little tangent there. (the racial issue) I see a couple of his top choices are K-State and Miami. Have at it.

adoniijahsooner
11/11/2007, 07:54 PM
Great player, but we will be ok.

rubyspirit
11/11/2007, 07:56 PM
Arthur doesn't say anything racist. Whatever ...

Big Red Ron
11/11/2007, 07:59 PM
WTF???

Arthur's 1st priority is finding a place that he enjoys going to school even if football wasn't in the picture.

Ash
11/11/2007, 08:14 PM
So, being an OU lean is a "vicious rumor"?

That's a very poorly worded statement. Wonder if the message kinda gets lost in the awkward wording.

MyT Oklahoma
11/11/2007, 08:16 PM
I wish the young man only the best for whatever his reasons are. OU will still be OU with or without him.

11/11/2007, 08:26 PM
I wish the young man only the best for whatever his reasons are. OU will still be OU with or without him.

Sooner_Havok
11/11/2007, 08:27 PM
Me, too, unless he signs with another Big 12 team, another college team, or is found to vote democrat.

fixed that for ya :D

11/11/2007, 08:30 PM
fixed that for ya :DI don't especially want him to announce how he votes.

PLaw
11/11/2007, 11:16 PM
This is from the Potential Players website, where Arthur has put his faith and future... It doesn't really explain anything other than the fact he decided "OU doesn't fit his personality."

http://potentialplayers.com/news_events_detail.aspx?id=16

Good luck to the young man and may he be successful wherever he decides to go.

OU will win with or without him.

BOOMER
PLaw

badger
11/11/2007, 11:21 PM
Ehh... let him go to Mee-am-uhhh. Let him subject himself to the 'cane discipline.

What discipline? Well, simply put, if you commit a crime, you will run a lap!

:rolleyes:

SCOUT
11/11/2007, 11:25 PM
While Arthur enjoys being a black man
WTF?!?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2007, 11:44 PM
WTF?!?

So Arthur what do you like to do?

Well I like fishing,hunting, and hanging out..but most of all I just like being black

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2007, 11:46 PM
Is that an official site? It's written as if it's some teenager's blog.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2007, 11:48 PM

Thats what I thought..I may read some more to see what I find

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2007, 11:53 PM
nothing on any of these other guys on the site...nice pic with Stoops and Carroll

PDXsooner
11/12/2007, 12:05 AM
is it just me or does it seem like a lot of fans obsess more over players that don't come here than players that do?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2007, 12:09 AM
is it just me or does it seem like a lot of fans obsess more over players that don't come here than players that do?

that and orange power keep this place running:D

bmrsnou
11/12/2007, 12:15 AM
One of the rumors that I heard is that he and his handler (I can't recall his name) are shopping him and his brother to the highest bidder. Also heard that Venables is pi**ed off about this whole affair.

I say, if he is that kind of kid, then we definitely don't need him. Good luck wherever he goes.

yermom
11/12/2007, 01:22 AM
their contact number is based out of Wichita

Jello Biafra
11/12/2007, 01:35 AM
much like switzer said back in the day....you can be here and be part of it or watch us do it or something like that...

how many linebackers has venables put in the nfl now? gotta be going on 7? 2 butkus winners with lofton possibly being the third.......good luck to him.

sooner518
11/12/2007, 01:39 AM
One of the rumors that I heard is that he and his handler (I can't recall his name) are shopping him and his brother to the highest bidder. Also heard that Venables is pi**ed off about this whole affair. .

Anything to back that up? becuase without it, it just kinda sounds like sour grapes

Jello Biafra
11/12/2007, 01:42 AM
Anything to back that up? becuase without it, it just kinda sounds like sour grapes

why does there have to be anything to back it up? just call it sour grapes. its not like coach will throw out a presser just because some web site said brown dropped OU. if he has dropped OU its because he wasn't feeling it or he was feeling like he wouldn't be THE man in this defense. no biggie.

soonerboomer93
11/12/2007, 01:54 AM
Best of luck to him, but we'll be just fine.

soonerboomer93
11/12/2007, 01:55 AM

from reading the about, it's some sort of service to help students find the right school they want to attend, and help them prepare for entrance exams et all

Dio
11/12/2007, 08:26 AM
He thinks he'd fit better at Thug U or SUC? They can have him.

SleestakSooner
11/12/2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks for that waste of our time...

AlbqSooner
11/12/2007, 09:15 AM
much like switzer said back in the day....you can be here and be part of it or watch us do it or something like that...
Switzer supposedly told Billy Sims, "If you come to OU, we will compete for and probably win a National Championship. If you go somewhere else, we will compete for and probably win a National Championship. Your Choice."

SoonerJedi
11/12/2007, 09:18 AM
With the way the article speaks about "racism" it smells like John Blake telling recruits that OU is racist again.

stoopified
11/12/2007, 09:26 AM
As it has long been said,a player can come here and be part of championships or go elsewhere and WATCH us win championships.My advice to young Mr. Brown is find a comfy seat,and enjoy WATCHING OU win .Maybe he does just like to watch? :D

Partial Qualifier
11/12/2007, 09:49 AM
Who.

Cares.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/12/2007, 10:13 AM
So, being an OU lean is a "vicious rumor"?

That's a very poorly worded statement. Wonder if the message kinda gets lost in the awkward wording.

I thought the exact same thing. I mean, if he's rumored to go to Texas or Miami or Notre Dame is that "a joyful message of hope planted deep in the hearts of men by angels from on high"?

And for the record, I enjoy being a melba toast cracker with sesame seeds.

Animal Mother
11/12/2007, 10:15 AM
We don't need a guy who claims to be the "god of hell fire" in a song with his band "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown".

11/12/2007, 10:20 AM
With the way the article speaks about "racism" it smells like John Blake telling recruits that OU is racist again.The UNC is still on Brown's list of considerations!

Sooner in Tampa
11/12/2007, 10:21 AM
While Arthur enjoys being a black man
:confused::confused::confused:

Why on earth would that be included in a recruiting update???

:confused::confused::confused:

sooneron
11/12/2007, 10:24 AM
Who has a 3.0 gpa and a 17 act?

That is the score of someone that has a whole grade point lower.

Pigface1
11/12/2007, 11:13 AM
Eh, screw'em. He just likes the attention and wants to be the big dog on campus.

soonerloyal
11/12/2007, 11:26 AM
I wish the young man success and contentment at whatever school he decides to attend. Hopefully with maturity will come less drama.

Our program will be just fine.

Maizesooner
11/12/2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks Bama, GT and Georgia Fans for your CLASS
11/12/2007
I have not received one negative comment from any fan of Alabama, Georgia or Georgia Tech after Arthur chose to drop those schools from his list. Myself and the Brown family want to thank you for your respect and courtesy and support of Arthur's decision. Now OU fans... I am not small minded enough to let a few idiots speak for all of you, but you should watch who's sitting beside you at your games. Some of the responses that weve received have been a poor representation of The University of Oklahoma and I am sure the coaching staff would be dissappointed to see what you all are saying.

I know that "racism" is a touchy issue and it isnt fair to use that as an excuse why a young man would or wouldnt choose a university. I have spoken with Josh and I trust that his intentions werent meant for negative. But when you spill blood around sharks they will attack the comments and twist and turn them how they see fit. I wrote the article due to the numerous calls and questions that Ive been receiving since AB's decision to cut OU off of his list.

Also, Josh is not the recruiting analyst that I was speaking of in the previous article. Josh has always handled his reporting very professionally for the few years that I have known him and I appreciate all of his help.

I want to make a few things clear.

1. This is Arthur's decision and he is trusting in God to help him make the right choice. Mr. and Mrs. Brown and myself support him and answer questions that he may have.

2. I will never take a payoff to sway Arthur to any school, because 1st it's illegal and 2nd it's his decision not mine.

3. The reason you hear from me is because Arthur doesnt have the time to talk to reporters. He is trying to graduate at semester and has a lot of work to do; he barely has enough time to talk to coaches who are recruiting him. Mr. and Mrs. Brown are both very intelligent and capable individuals, but they have entrusted in me to handle the majority of questions from reporters and I do so to try to help people understand what is going on with Arthur. And since I talk to him daily I know what is going on, and I dont have any homework.

4. I have known for about 3 years that I would be the "Handler that is looking for a payout from a school who is trying to be an agent". All of this is false. I am married with 5 kids and currently am helping about 15 kids directly in my organization with training and recruiting. I will be holding camps to help train and develop high school kids and I am raising money to pay for the room and board of 30 young men to travel this summer to see schools. There are some very good football players that I work with that will be choosing a school sometime in the near future. Please dont let the venom of a very few people push these kids away from OU. The Sooners have too much to offer.

PP-11/12/07
| Contact us | Site Map |
Copyright ©2007 Potential Players All Rights Reserved Site designed and developed by Embark Studios a RapidByte Technologies compan

sooneron
11/12/2007, 10:39 PM
WTF? You registered just to post that tripe?

11/12/2007, 10:41 PM
WTF? You registered just to post that tripe?No schmidt! This whole situation could take some interesting twists, eh?

Maizesooner
11/12/2007, 10:45 PM
Sorry dont mean to upset. long time first time. I live up here and this all the bs I have to hear every day. I was upset that this tool is speaking for the kid.

INGRAM1
11/12/2007, 10:51 PM
I think that this is stupid also. Mr. Brown's parents should speak for him, not some "Agent" . What is the racists issue that is supposedly going on? Thanks.

Curly Bill
11/12/2007, 11:24 PM
I don't know all of what's going on with Arthur Brown...but I'm becoming less and less bothered that he's not signing with us. He may turn out to be an all-world stud, but as of right now I don't like the course this is all taking.

tulsaoilerfan
11/12/2007, 11:26 PM
Sounds like a Marcus Dupree situation; Dupree had a "handler" during his recruiting also

KantoSooner
11/13/2007, 12:11 AM
Having seen the few videos on youtube, I remain impressed with his physical gifts and with the amazing speed he has. If he wants to go somewhere other than OU, though, that's up to him and I wish him well.
Hope it all works out for him.

CatfishSooner
11/13/2007, 01:17 AM
kinda weird...just sayin...

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2007, 02:13 AM
I bet Kelvin called him. Three or four...

HUNDRED times.

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2007, 03:04 AM
Now OU fans... I am not small minded enough to let a few idiots speak for all of you, but you should watch who's sitting beside you at your games.

Okay, so I am sitting next to someone at the game, and I watch him. Do what?

Some of the responses that weve received have been a poor representation of The University of Oklahoma and I am sure the coaching staff would be dissappointed to see what you all are saying.

What you ALL are saying?

Sounds like a small-minded comment from someone letting a few idiots speak for all of us.

I know that "racism" is a touchy issue and it isnt fair to use that as an excuse why a young man would or wouldnt choose a university.

But he will anyway.

I have spoken with Josh and I trust that his intentions werent meant for negative.

Negative what?

Think: syntax

But when you spill blood around sharks they will attack the comments and twist and turn them how they see fit.

We now have sharks attacking comments.

I wrote the "article" due to the numerous calls and questions that Ive been receiving since AB's decision to cut OU off of his list.

Fixed.

Also, Josh is not the recruiting analyst that I was speaking of in the previous article. Josh has always handled his reporting very professionally for the few years that I have known him and I appreciate all of his help.

Well, if Josh is able to handle reporting professionally, why didn't he let Josh write this article?

1. This is Arthur's decision and he is trusting in God to help him make the right choice. Mr. and Mrs. Brown and myself support him and answer questions that he may have.

I have news for all high school football players out there: I seriously doubt God doesn't care where you choose to go play a freakin' sport!!!

If you are a God-fearing young man who lives a clean life and has accepted Jesus Christ as your saviour, God isn't going to turn you away just because you chose to play for Georgia.

Texas? Maybe.

11/13/2007, 12:02 PM
Okay, so I am sitting next to someone at the game, and I watch him. Do what?

What you ALL are saying?

Sounds like a small-minded comment from someone letting a few idiots speak for all of us.

But he will anyway.

Negative what?

Think: syntax

We now have sharks attacking comments.

Fixed.

Well, if Josh is able to handle reporting professionally, why didn't he let Josh write this article?

I have news for all high school football players out there: I seriously doubt God doesn't care where you choose to go play a freakin' sport!!!

If you are a God-fearing young man who lives a clean life and has accepted Jesus Christ as your saviour, God isn't going to turn you away just because you chose to play for Georgia.

Texas? Maybe.:P :D Good Show!

Sooner_Havok
11/13/2007, 12:07 PM
With the way the article speaks about "racism" it smells like John Blake telling recruits that OU is racist again.

I wouldn't doubt it. You don't just come out and say, "While my client enjoys being a black man, race had nothing to do with him dropping OU." unless race did have something to do with him dropping OU, you don't just throw the race card out randomly when no one else mentioned it. Hell, let him go play for Blake, I am sure he will have one hell of a career as a quarterback.:rolleyes:

11/13/2007, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. You don't just come out and say, "While my client enjoys being a black man, race had nothing to do with him dropping OU." unless race did have something to do with him dropping OU, you don't just throw the race card out randomly when no one else mentioned it. Hell, let him go play for Blake, I am sure he will have one hell of a career as a quarterback.:rolleyes:Hilarious!

Desert Sapper
11/13/2007, 12:42 PM
Sounds like a Marcus Dupree situation; Dupree had a "handler" during his recruiting also

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to say this. If a kid can't pick a school by himself and needs an intermediary, something is seriously wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Butler decides to represent Mr. Brown when he leaves entirely too early for the NFL.

And a 3.0 GPA/17 ACT is just fine for qualificating. What's wrong with that? College is just a place you go before the NFL, y'all. You only need to know enough to know where to sign. Guys like Mr. Butler can help you get there.;)

John Kochtoston
11/13/2007, 02:24 PM
So Arthur what do you like to do?

..but most of all I just like being black

Well, it worked for Billy Dee Williams. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2007, 03:54 PM
Well, it worked for Billy Dee Williams.

Are you crazy? It's works EVERY time for Billy Dee Williams.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7858/untitledvs3.png

John Kochtoston
11/13/2007, 04:29 PM
Are you crazy? It's works EVERY time for Billy Dee Williams.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7858/untitledvs3.png

I think we're saying the same thing.

KRYPTON
11/13/2007, 04:29 PM
I enjoy being a black man too. Unfortunately every time I dress up as one, I get sued, people throw things at me, I get fired, etc etc...

Oldnslo
11/13/2007, 04:55 PM
I haven't been this excited about a recruit since XLK.

soonerboomer93
11/13/2007, 05:50 PM
I haven't been this excited about a recruit since XLK.

win!!!!!!!!111!!!!one

Stoop Dawg
11/13/2007, 06:05 PM
I don't know all of what's going on with Arthur Brown...but I'm becoming less and less bothered that he's not signing with us. He may turn out to be an all-world stud, but as of right now I don't like the course this is all taking.

Less bothered? I have no idea who this kid is. I figured it's time to click the thread once it hits 4 pages, and all I see is "some 18 year old kid decided not to go to OU". Bleh.

Curly Bill
11/13/2007, 10:46 PM
Less bothered? I have no idea who this kid is. I figured it's time to click the thread once it hits 4 pages, and all I see is "some 18 year old kid decided not to go to OU". Bleh.

Yeah I know, and you are indeed wise for ignoring the recruiting game, but I have to admit that it does interest me.