PDA

View Full Version : MY BCS Projection

Readyfor8
11/11/2007, 05:00 PM
Harris poll was released and we Sooners are 3rd. So I did a little math and here is my numerical BCS Projection. I'm not making columns but here is the math.

LSU will be first the Harris quotient will be .9621 they rank 1st, the USA Today quotient will be .9713 again 1st and they will be 1st in computers with a .990 Computer ranking... BCS Average will be .9744.

Oregon will be second by a razor thin margin. Considering this is a bye week, and all of their non conference opponents lost this weekend, and Cal lost, this will hurt them in the computers. Kansas will pass them but by how much I don't know here is my guestimate for the duckers. 2nd in the coaches .9301 2nd in the Harris .9380, 3rd in the computers .920 (staying the same as last week)... BCS Average .9294.

Kansas will be 3rd. They still haven't played a team with less than 4 losses, but they pass Oregon in the Computers. 4th in the Coaches .8960, 4th in the Harris .8764 and 2nd in the computers .930... BCS Average .9008.

Oklahoma will be 4th. They will have a large margin to over come to make it to 2nd but if Kansas makes it to 2nd in the BCS and stays there when we play them, we will probably get all of their first place votes and pass them in the Human Polls or come very close to it. Harris we are 3rd .9052, .9160 in the Coaches, and a .800 in the computers... BCS Average .8719.

West Virginia will be 5th I think but I didn't do the calculations.

If everyone wins out I think we pass Oregon to play LSU in the Championship game, once again in New Orleans. But it won't happen until after December 1st. All we have to do is keep winning.

OU-HSV
11/11/2007, 05:06 PM
By now FOX should've done their NFL post game/new release of the BCS, as they've done each weekend after the first round of games...but I fell asleep in my recliner and missed it. Did anyone catch it??

85Sooner
11/11/2007, 05:09 PM
BCS STILL LISTS Oh st AS NUMBER ONE WHILE ALL THE OTHER NUMBERS HAVE BEEN ALREADY UPDATED. sORRY ABOTU THE CAPS.

OU-HSV
11/11/2007, 05:13 PM
BCS STILL LISTS Oh st AS NUMBER ONE WHILE ALL THE OTHER NUMBERS HAVE BEEN ALREADY UPDATED. sORRY ABOTU THE CAPS.
Yeah, I can't find it updated on any sports website

soonermeteor
11/11/2007, 05:26 PM
:confused: Why does Fox have a new BCS up with Ohio State at number 1?

The only thing I could think is they haven't updated the computer section....

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

SOONER STEAKER
11/11/2007, 05:28 PM
Won't be pdated until after the Dallas/NY game. Until then,. go watch the OU girls vs maryland on ESPN.

Boomer.....
11/11/2007, 05:32 PM
Won't be pdated until after the Dallas/NY game. Until then,. go watch the OU girls vs maryland on ESPN2.
fixed.

garland sooner
11/11/2007, 05:32 PM
:confused: Why does Fox have a new BCS up with Ohio State at number 1?

The only thing I could think is they haven't updated the computer section....

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

they update each third of the poll separately. so it looks like tosu is still first but that's because the bcs rankings haven't been released.

OU-HSV
11/11/2007, 05:41 PM
they update each third of the poll separately. so it looks like tosu is still first but that's because the bcs rankings haven't been released.
But, as I said...they release the new bcs poll every week on fox after the first round of NFL games. It's their weekly routine. Apparently the new poll was released on that fox post game show but no web sites have updated.

Readyfor8
11/11/2007, 05:43 PM
That math hasn't been updated, the formula is based on the points the person receives in the poll... so for example LSU got 2742 points, then you divide that by the total available points 2742/2850=.9621, thus the points are not available until they release the BCS.

Where you get into a guessing game is where the Computers come in, those formulas aren't available to the public so that the BCS can control the formula. Therefor you kind of have to guess at it.

The only thing updated on the fox website is the rankings of the human polls, no quotients, averages, or computer rankings have been updated and they wont until after the second segment on the postgame show on Fox.

Readyfor8
11/11/2007, 05:46 PM
But, as I said...they release the new bcs poll every week on fox after the first round of NFL games. It's their weekly routine. Apparently the new poll was released on that fox post game show but no web sites have updated.

No they don't release it after the first game, they release it on the postgame show. Today the postgame show is after New York vs. Dallas.

OU-HSV
11/11/2007, 10:39 PM
No they don't release it after the first game, they release it on the postgame show. Today the postgame show is after New York vs. Dallas.
All I know is I've seen the BCS released on the post game show after Fox's first game the last 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe they did it different this week cause it was definitely later in the day today when they released it. I finally saw it today after the cowboys game, as you said.