PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it great to be a Sooner fan in the Big XII?

Jewstin
11/11/2007, 03:43 PM
3 teams in the top 6, with a potential match-up for two top 3 teams in the Big XII championship (if Kansas and us run the table). Two teams in the national championship picture (hell, maybe even three if Missouri runs the table).

4 teams in the top 15, overall, with Texas looking to jump back into the top 10.

This is the best I have felt about college football in a while. Say what you will about this being a product of a "down year," but to me, Kansas, Missouri, and us just look ****in' good. I would put them (and even Texas) up against the best teams in the country. The SEC looks miserably overrated to me, with LSU at the pinnacle of said overrated'ness.

I'm getting fairly excited about the future of the Big XII in the national spotlight.

And all of this awesomeness coincides (and hopefully culminates) with my graduation from OU this December. Huzzah.

Sorry -- just had to post this, what with some of the doom and gloomers out there.

Ash
11/11/2007, 04:09 PM
Don't know about the future of the Big 12, but yeah. What I thought would be a humdrum two horse race at the beginning of the season has turned out to be a lot more exciting as we go down the stretch.

3 teams in the top 10, two teams on the edge of the MNC picture. Pretty good for such a crappy conference.

Jewstin
11/11/2007, 04:11 PM
The only reason I'm excited about the future is that we've shown to have some really good coaches in this conference (and the two worst, Franny and Callyberger, are on their way out). That's the biggest part, anyways. ;)

Texas Golfer
11/11/2007, 04:12 PM
With OSU's loss to an unranked team, I'm sure the Buckeyes will drop out of the top five which will put three Big XII teams in the Top 5. And I still say the winner of the Big XII Championship Game will play for the national championship.

hyoctane23
11/11/2007, 04:13 PM
3 teams in the top 6, with a potential match-up for two top 3 teams in the Big XII championship (if Kansas and us run the table). Two teams in the national championship picture (hell, maybe even three if Missouri runs the table).

4 teams in the top 15, overall, with Texas looking to jump back into the top 10.

This is the best I have felt about college football in a while. Say what you will about this being a product of a "down year," but to me, Kansas, Missouri, and us just look ****in' good. I would put them (and even Texas) up against the best teams in the country. The SEC looks miserably overrated to me, with LSU at the pinnacle of said overrated'ness.

I'm getting fairly excited about the future of the Big XII in the national spotlight.

And all of this awesomeness coincides (and hopefully culminates) with my graduation from OU this December. Huzzah.

Sorry -- just had to post this, what with some of the doom and gloomers out there.

I hear ya... I'm graduating in December as well and would LOVE to see a championship game.