PDA

View Full Version : Who scares you more...

MiccoMacey
11/11/2007, 03:25 PM
TTech or OSU?

I think they have the same defense. They both suck.

I think OSU's offense is better than TTech's because they can also run.

But OSU is at our house, and TTech is in Lubbock.

Thoughts?

josh09
11/11/2007, 03:27 PM
Definately Tech, by a longshot.

We will demolish OSU, i have confidence.

tommieharris91
11/11/2007, 03:27 PM
Tceh. Game @Lubbock. OU has had trouble defending the pass all season long (other than getting INTs). OSU's strength this season is in their running game. Tceh's offensive philosophy is to pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, score, let you score, pass, pass, pass...

garland sooner
11/11/2007, 03:29 PM
many have said that baylor's offense is an inferior version of Tech's offense. so i go with Tech.

MiccoMacey
11/11/2007, 03:33 PM
Hah. It was a trick question. The real answer is OSU.

But thanks for playing. :D

Just kidding. I hope you guys are right. But OSU scares me more. They believe they are our rivals, and it may come down to a bowl bid for them.

Plus, they can pass as well as Tech, but they can also run. We've definitely had more trouble with teams that can do both.

But Tech is in Lubbock, and there's a history there from a few years ago that still makes me scared to go there and play them.

silverwheels
11/11/2007, 03:35 PM
Both teams are average. Tech is on the road. We don't play well on the road for some reason, so Tech scares me more.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/11/2007, 03:38 PM
Hah. It was a trick question. The real answer is OSU.

But thanks for playing. :D

Just kidding. I hope you guys are right. But OSU scares me more. They believe they are our rivals, and it may come down to a bowl bid for them.

Plus, they can pass as well as Tech, but they can also run. We've definitely had more trouble with teams that can do both.

But Tech is in Lubbock, and there's a history there from a few years ago that still makes me scared to go there and play them.
If OSU beats Baylor, they will go to a bowl with 6 wins because of their fanbase and Boone--make no mistake about that--they don't need 7 to get a bid.

I'd say Tech, because we haven't played very well on the road, and if Auston English is still questionable vs TTech (anyone have any news?), TTech is much "scarier" (for the lack of a better word).

okiewaker
11/11/2007, 03:44 PM
The flying frijoles worry me more.

adoniijahsooner
11/11/2007, 03:45 PM
OSU. because of balance.

r5TPsooner
11/11/2007, 03:47 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt, Taco Tech

sooner59
11/11/2007, 03:47 PM
Tech, but its just because the game is in Lubbock. I feel better about the OSU game since we are at home. I remember what happened in 2001, but its still better than going to stoolwater.

SoonerBOI
11/11/2007, 03:48 PM
Not really scared but worried about the TT game. The secondary will be all over the place. I think we win that game. OSU? We will demolish them.

StoopTroup
11/11/2007, 03:52 PM
I'm allergic to bullets and hairgel but the Tech game is played 1st so right now getting past this game is on my mind.

rubyspirit
11/11/2007, 03:54 PM
I haven't seen Tech play yet, but from their conference record, I'm not worried.

OSU beats themselves, so we should win it with no problems.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/11/2007, 03:59 PM
Sort of a trick question to be. Losing to either costs us a shot at the NC. Short of that I'd rather lose to TT than OSU. So in that reagrd I guess OSU scares me more.

That said I think the TT game will be much tougher than the OSU game. I think we beat OSU by 4+ TDs.

oudivesherpa
11/11/2007, 05:02 PM
Tech. It's hard to beat Lobbock Car dealers and insurance agents who are Big XII Ref's. Why don't they hire refs from the Big X.

EnidHighSooner
11/11/2007, 05:04 PM
Tech

okiewaker
11/11/2007, 05:09 PM
I haven't seen Tech play yet, but from their conference record, I'm not worried.

OSU beats themselves, so we should win it with no problems.

Just curious. How does this happen?

orangekaje
11/11/2007, 05:12 PM

Opposing teams bring compact mirrors onto the field and point them directly at us.

The Maestro
11/11/2007, 05:19 PM
Tech - dink and dunk

OSU - fakes, misdirections and rely on big plays

OU defense - bend, bend, bend, delayed blitz and don't break.

Based on that, they both scare me.

okiewaker
11/11/2007, 05:20 PM
Opposing teams bring compact mirrors onto the field and point them directly at us.

Opposing teams always bring compacts with them when they come to Norman!:D

devOUt
11/11/2007, 05:30 PM
Sand aggies

We do not tackle well in the open field. Stopping the pirate offense is all about tackling.

rubyspirit
11/11/2007, 07:09 PM
Turnovers

soonerP_A_C
11/11/2007, 08:04 PM
Depends... Anybody heard the latest on Bowman? That was a wicked hit.

douxpaysan
11/11/2007, 08:49 PM
Pirates...I'm in, are you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10L-zyCaHGA

ClintonSooner
11/11/2007, 09:38 PM
Testi tech,

their o-line is always good at blocking ( duh its d-1 ) and we always seem to struggle on hardcore spread offense.. And I would bet the house and my tea-cup chihuahua that OSU can't run for a buck on us, I'm that confident in my front 7

usmc-sooner
11/11/2007, 09:45 PM
both defenses are horrible. OSU has a better offense. Tech is a road game, Probably a toss up.

XingTheRubicon
11/11/2007, 09:47 PM
Stoops is .500 @Tech.

mrjeffmaxwell
11/11/2007, 10:05 PM
We're going to win because Mike Leech is blabbin his head off.

swardboy
11/11/2007, 10:15 PM
Stoops is .500 @Tech.

Is this a glass half full/empty thing?

They both scare me. Don't anyone tell me they weren't biting their nails last year at Stoolwater! Yes, I think we'll handle them, but our bend don't break zone raises my heart rate.

If we get through the next two games I'll start believing we deserve to play Jan. 4th (or whatever date the BCS champeen game is played). Certainly teams can mature and grow up quickly....sometimes in a great way!!!!

stoopified
11/11/2007, 10:30 PM
Neither because they both suck on D.We ahve given up a lot of passing yards but not a lot of points.The most we have given up is 31 to MU who is better on O than TT.In reality the MU game wasn't that close.Everybody talks about the 2 late gift TDs from MU,but what about thye 2 gift TDs we gave MU in the first half? The gift TD(by the refs )on the lay on the ground and stretch play that the Tigers SCORED (?) their last TD on.TT ain't that good,all we have to fear are their refs.

As for T.Boone State,they suck on the road,period!

sendbaht
11/11/2007, 10:42 PM
TTech because it's this week.:)

Sooner1979
11/11/2007, 11:05 PM
I am more worried about OU beating OU...We have only beaten ourselves this year...We all know that we could hang with and even beat any team in the nation...

Fact #1) Missouri is a much better offensive team than TT (this year anyway). We contained their spread attach very well since we prepared for it. They also ran the ball well, yet we were prepared for a run attack with a spread offense.

Fact #2) OSU may have a very good offense, but they are incredibly inconsistent. Yes, they can run and can pass, but they are still being coached by a 40 year old man that has only learned to coach 3 quarters at a time.

If OU plays like they are capable, i.e. their offensive line blocks on both run and pass plays and give Sam time to pick apart both of their below average pass defenses, then we will open up the run to control the game...It also seems that our players have truly taken to heart that they need to hang on to the damn ball...

Advantage for both of these games goes to our Coaches and our talent on both sides of the ball...

PLaw
11/11/2007, 11:09 PM
I'm not afraid of either, period.

We will beat the Pink Faders by two touchdowns and put a big old half a hundred hurtin' on the pokes.

BOOMER
PLaw

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2007, 02:40 AM
I'm about as scared of either of them as I am the boogeyman, the monster under the bed, or big bird.

SoonerKnight
11/12/2007, 02:47 AM
I am not that worried about TT! I think OU can handle them! I think we have at least 4 INT's 2 for TD's! OSU just plain sucks! They really don't play with heart and in Norman they will get throttled! I am more worried about the CCG against Kansas!

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2007, 02:58 AM
I can't alloow myself to be worried about any of them...We're gonna win out and win out in grand fashion when we win the BCS championship in #1 1 of four years straight!

We're Sooners Damn it!!!!

SoonerKnight
11/12/2007, 03:45 AM
I can't alloow myself to be worried about any of them...We're gonna win out and win out in grand fashion when we win the BCS championship in #1 1 of four years straight!

We're Sooners Damn it!!!!

Yes we are the Sooners! We will win out I just think the Kansas game will be close. Remember what Bob said last year before we played that crappy team in potato land? He said they are undefeated and an undefeated team is never easy to beat! If we play Kansas we will be playing a team with no history of winning and they will have everything to prove. It will be a tough game! But we will break the odd year curse!

MiccoMacey
11/12/2007, 08:51 AM
For those saying Missouri is a better offense than Tech so we should handle them, is Missouri a better offense than Baylor? 'Cause they gave us some trouble.

SoonerJedi
11/12/2007, 09:14 AM
For those saying Missouri is a better offense than Tech so we should handle them, is Missouri a better offense than Baylor? 'Cause they gave us some trouble.

A 31 point win is not giving someone trouble. Baylor gained a lot of yards and were held to 7 points in the second half.

We have the #11 scoring defense and the #16 overall defense, even after letting Baylor run around. We played Missouri tougher than we did Baylor. It was a bad defensive effort against Baylor, but this team's defense has played better against better teams.

It's not "sunshine" pumping to look at the record, the stats, and the facts. Nor is it realism to claim the sky is falling after one game that doesn't fit the pattern that an otherwise top 10 defense has given. It's being pessimistic.

Larry&Leisa
11/12/2007, 10:13 AM
I'd say Tech, because we haven't played very well on the road, and if Auston English is still questionable vs TTech (anyone have any news?), TTech is much "scarier" (for the lack of a better word).

Stoops said sunday that Auston could have played against Baylor.

sooneron
11/12/2007, 11:03 AM
sand aggy

oupride
11/12/2007, 11:14 AM
not scared by either. both night games. Tech is away so I guess my words would be "concerned."

soonerloyal
11/12/2007, 11:47 AM
Scared? I can't imagine another team or game causing me fright. I do think every game, every team needs to be approached and prepared for seriously. "On any given gameday..."

Included in that are the remaining teams we play this season. Tech has often shown us us that we should give 100%, especially at their house. OSU views their games with us as "must win" - B***** is the whole reason for their entire season. We play two regular games every year that throw all stats, rankings, talent and such out the window, Texas and OSU. It's often a slugfest, with emotions running high.

Neither game is an opportunity for us to hit the snooze button - no opponent should be. Focus, determination and sheer bustin' a** is what we need to apply when we take the field, and when we do that, we'll finish the season most likely Number One.

SoonerKnight
11/13/2007, 03:29 AM
Look TT has a great offense. Their D sucks ***!! They can score at will on most teams but not only did a MU team clobber them but they did so convincingly! We usually beat TT! I think our D will give up yards not points. The spread usually causes a team to give up yards but I think our offense will run up and down on TT like MU did on them. We will also have a few INTs on TT. I think that OU will win by 30+ pts. This game is not only a must win to stay in it for the big show but Stoops knows we need style points. I am looking for TT to be shut down offensively. MU proved it could be done. Our offensive line will man handle their defensive front!! Of course our run game will be vital to this game and I hope Murray gives us another 4 TD's and Sammy gives us at least 3 TD's and the defense has at least 4 INTs!! :D

Redgiant2
11/13/2007, 05:25 AM
I think the big number that seems to be shuffled under the rug is OU being 60th in pass defense. Having played national powerhouses known for their air attacks such as Miami, North Texas, Utah State, Colorado, Texas, Iowa State, Texas A&M, and Baylor that should really come as no big surprise right? Having watched sub-par teams motor around the field with alarming ease only to putter out in the red zone should give pause for concern considering the remaining schedule. Missouri will have a better than 50/50 chance of winning if they make it to the CG. They won't just be prepared for the soft cover zone this time, which by the way, they shredded when Venables called it. The defense is a loss looking for a place to happen at the moment. All it's going to take is a team that is confident in the red zone and these guys are in trouble.

MamaMia
11/18/2007, 02:37 AM
I think the big number that seems to be shuffled under the rug is OU being 60th in pass defense. Having played national powerhouses known for their air attacks such as Miami, North Texas, Utah State, Colorado, Texas, Iowa State, Texas A&M, and Baylor that should really come as no big surprise right? Having watched sub-par teams motor around the field with alarming ease only to putter out in the red zone should give pause for concern considering the remaining schedule. Missouri will have a better than 50/50 chance of winning if they make it to the CG. They won't just be prepared for the soft cover zone this time, which by the way, they shredded when Venables called it. The defense is a loss looking for a place to happen at the moment. All it's going to take is a team that is confident in the red zone and these guys are in trouble.:(