PDA

View Full Version : Quackers Should be Numero 7 @ Best

CitySooner
11/11/2007, 02:10 PM
If you look hard at the top six in the current AP and Coaches polls you will notice that only Oregon has lost at home, and to an unranked team to boot! LSU, OU, WV, and Mizzou lost on the road and KU is undefeated. The Cheatin' Quackers at best should be ranked #6 right there with Overated State who also lost at home to an unranked team. Discuss.......

OK2LA
11/11/2007, 02:14 PM
If you look hard at the top six in the current AP and Coaches polls you will notice that only Oregon has lost at home, and to an unranked team to boot! LSU, OU, WV, and Mizzou lost on the road and KU is undefeated. The Cheatin' Quackers at best should be ranked #6 right there with Overated State who also lost at home to an unranked team. Discuss.......

Yep. You're wrong.

Curly Bill
11/11/2007, 02:15 PM
Well...I hate Oregon as much as the next person...but they're better then being ranked #7.

StoopTroup
11/11/2007, 02:17 PM
I agree with Curly and OK2LA...

Your letting your h8 for ducks affect your good sense on this one.

The Ducks and KU would be a good game IMO.

okiewaker
11/11/2007, 02:28 PM
UO has some good wins. Nevertheless, #7 would be ok with me.

CitySooner
11/11/2007, 02:32 PM
Yep. You're wrong.

Nope. Actually I am right :D . Oregon is overrated and that will be shown before the season is over, if not this Thursday night in Tuscon.

SoonerShark
11/11/2007, 02:38 PM
Don't we have the worst loss of the top five teams? I am increasingly sad we blew a 2+ touchdown lead to a 5-6 team. We should be able to beat teams with losing records by 20+ points whether the game is played in Norman, Boulder, Ames or Mars.

okiewaker
11/11/2007, 02:50 PM
I agree with Shark. We probably have the worst loss. And, in polsters eyes prolly don't have the best win out of UO or OU. Oregon beat Meesh, USC, and an undefeated ASU team.

OK2LA
11/11/2007, 02:57 PM
Nope. Actually I am right :D . Oregon is overrated and that will be shown before the season is over, if not this Thursday night in Tuscon.

This is the kind of "I told you so" arguement that doesn't make any sense.

Your first post was: Oregon should be #7 at best. (By the way - they lost at home to a RANKED CAL team)

Now you're saying - they are overrated and they will lose before the end of the season.

They are ranked appropriately for what they've accomplished this year. Look. I hate them just as much as anyone on this site. I was at that game. But what happened last year has no bearing on where they should be ranked this year.

And just for the record - if they lose to AZ, UCLA, or Oregon St. - that wouldn't make them overrated, and prove your point.

Now - If they lose to all of those teams - you may have a point - they might be considered overrated at that point.

MiccoMacey
11/11/2007, 02:58 PM
I agree with Shark. We probably have the worst loss. And, in polsters eyes prolly don't have the best win out of UO or OU. Oregon beat Meesh, USC, and an undefeated ASU team.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I believe it should be KU, Oregon, LSU, OU, Missouri.

XingTheRubicon
11/11/2007, 03:01 PM
A national champion should never have a home loss......

unless they're defending National Champions and the other team has Nolan Cromwell.

oupride
11/11/2007, 03:03 PM
Kansas s/b #1

CitySooner
11/11/2007, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=XingTheRubicon]A national champion should never have a home loss......

Exactly! It's one thing to lose on the road but it is totally lame to lose at home. If you can't protect your own house then you are certainly not deserving to display the crystal in your house. And by the way ladies, I don't care if you give me neg, but please have the stones to sign your name if you are going to throw insults. When you don't your orange bleeds through. ;)

rubyspirit
11/11/2007, 04:00 PM
Nope, Ohio State is #7 ... in AP. Oregon is #2.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

StoopTroup
11/11/2007, 04:02 PM
When you don't your orange bleeds through. ;)
You can throw a wink in there if you want but saying something like that about diehard SoonerFans around here will only get you more negs.

Here's a signed one from me.

You should know this too...I don't cast these lightly around here.

Neg doesn't really mean much anyway, except that you could try and learn something from it as it relates to your post signed or not.

Readyfor8
11/11/2007, 04:06 PM
How can anyone argue that Arizona State, USC and Michigan are better wins than Missouri and Texas? 3 is better than one but Michigan was exposed last night and wont even be ranked after next week.

Yes Cal was ranked when Oregon got beat by them, but what had Cal accomplished to earn that ranking besides the fact that they were going to be USC's toughest competition at that moment. They had beaten Tennessee on the first game of the season and they had played three teams that have not qualified for a Bowl yet, Arizona, Colorado St. and La Tech. Just because Cal got a better preseason ranking doesn't mean they are a better loss than Colorado on the road. Cal is 6-4, and Colorado is 5-6 thats one win people, one stinkin win.

How a team finishes the season is the best marker for how good that team is, taken the season as a whole, I think Oregon is not the second best team in the land they are 3rd, and not by a lot.

Should be LSU, OU, Oregon, Kansas.