PDA

View Full Version : What I want to happen vs. What will probably happen

SoonerFah
11/11/2007, 11:52 AM
With the way things are shaking out so far OU is back in the hunt. Of course a lot can still happen but here is my best case scenerio...

3. Kansas wins out and we play them in the Big XII Championship. We beat them, thus getting revenge for being our only loss in 1975... we return the favor 30 years later.

2. By us beating an undefeated Kansas team, we leapfrog past Oregon on the BCS by a fraction of a point, thus getting our revenge for the screwing we got in Autzen last year.

3. We get LSU in their home away from home, and proceed to beat them by 3 points, as they miss what would have been a game tying field goal as time expires... Les Miles then goes into another foaming at the mouth tirade about how much he loves his team and would "play any sucker around!"... He then promptly packs his bags and accepts the Michigan job. LSU fades back into oblivion for another 50 years or so.

Now, here's how I think it actually will go...

3. Kansas is going to get beat by Missouri. We will play the tigers in the conference championship.... We'll beat them again.

2. Oregon will win out, because they play nobody that can beat them.

1. Tennessee loses to Kentucky, thus putting Georgia in the SEC Championship game against LSU. Georgia takes advantage of the home crowd in Atlanta, and LSU falls again.

Your BCS Championship matchup is Oklahoma vs. Oregon.

Any thoughts or opinions?

setem
11/11/2007, 11:58 AM
I hope it is the 2nd one!!!

Getting another shot at the Ducks at the NCC would be just the way God planned it! We would have to play lights out against them!!! No because the are better than us...because we would not want to give the refs a chance to make their plays!

It would be just too sweet to blow them out and come into next season with a # 1 ranking!!!

soonerspudman
11/11/2007, 12:03 PM
Just posted that scenario on another thread. Folks, that's the absolute sweetest scenario in school history. Let's get the karma going!!

SOONERS V. SHROOM STATE for NC - the greatest rematch/grudge match/redemption of all time - it would top OB v. Nebraska in 78 by far!!!

Blues1
11/11/2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry to say -- But -- When I see Kansas Play I get the feeling like I'm Looking at the 2000 Sooners, I just feel we really need to put our best foot forward for the next 2 games. Somehow I have the feeling we can be so much better than we already are....Here's hoping for reaching our "FULL POTENIAL" for the next 2 games - Something tells me we may just need to go ALL OUT to reach the goal we are all shooting for.....!!! - Also - Any SOONER MAGIC out there wouldn't hurt my feelings....Coach Stoops - "Lets Keep Rockin' "

The Maestro
11/11/2007, 12:11 PM
I sure as heck hope so. We need Tennessee to lose so Georgia gets a shot at LSU in the SEC Championship. If we work hard and win out and finish third in the BCS that will just be a bummer of record proportions.

TexasEx4OU
11/11/2007, 12:14 PM
Getting another shot at the Ducks at the NCC would just they God planned it!

Lou?

mOUse
11/11/2007, 12:15 PM
I don't want to play Mizzou again! They scare me!

setem
11/11/2007, 12:24 PM
Lou?

oops! Thanks for correcting me...dick!:D

StoopTroup
11/11/2007, 12:26 PM
I like either perspective.

TexasEx4OU
11/11/2007, 12:33 PM
oops! Thanks for correcting me...dick!:D

Wasn't correcting you...just thought you were giving a pep talk. :D

The Maestro
11/11/2007, 12:37 PM
Honestly, at this point, I have to say I don't think we look like a championship caliber team. We don't seem to play up to our potential. That could all change, but I cannot argue for us being there at this point. That changes if we keep winning and Oregon or LSU loses!!

soonersn2007
11/11/2007, 12:38 PM
I don't want to play LSU on their homefield for the MNC.(something needs to be changed about that but I don't know what)

I think a rematch against the Quackers would be an ideal game for us to win the NC.

Beating tech, OSU, and either KU/Mizzou.............is gonna take alot of effort and smart football. This is the most important thing b/c if we don't handle our business, these scenarios are meaningless.

Sooner Eclipse
11/11/2007, 12:39 PM
Sorry to say -- But -- When I see Kansas Play I get the feeling like I'm Looking at the 2000 Sooners, I just feel we really need to put our best foot forward for the next 2 games. Somehow I have the feeling we can be so much better than we already are....Here's hoping for reaching our "FULL POTENIAL" for the next 2 games - Something tells me we may just need to go ALL OUT to reach the goal we are all shooting for.....!!! - Also - Any SOONER MAGIC out there wouldn't hurt my feelings....Coach Stoops - "Lets Keep Rockin' "

I agree, KU is not as talented but is a better team than the others. They play hard as a team, don't make many mistakes. And if they do, their teammates have their back and mitigate it. They are well coached and assignment sound.

We are far more talanted but far less disciplined. It keeps rearing its head and we keep winning despite it (except for CU). Still looking for a full game from these guys, but if we do, look out.

setem
11/11/2007, 12:43 PM
Wasn't correcting you...just thought you were giving a pep talk. :D

HAHA nice! The Lou is one crazy SOB!!! He reminds me of John Madden(Frank Caliendo) and his ability to eat a sentence!

cb4ou
11/11/2007, 12:52 PM
I don't see how you can compare Kansas to the 2000 sooners. How many top 5 teams have they beat this year?

I don't like Mark May but I do agree with him that Kansas has beaten no one.

And don't give me Colorado at home. We all know we gave that game away. They beat a crappy ATM team 19-12! They needed a late touchdown to beat KSU that gave up 73 to the Cornhuskers.

I agree Mizzou will beat them.

CitySooner
11/11/2007, 01:02 PM
Ecaxtly what I was thinking last night watching them byatch slapping our wussy little sisters from the north. But that feeling subsides when I think about their game with Mizzou. I don't think they will beat the Tigers. If they do then I will be worried about the mighty Crimson against them. We would have to play our best game of the year to beat them. The Big XII rules baby!

Blues1
11/11/2007, 01:06 PM
I don't see how you can compare Kansas to the 2000 sooners. How many top 5 teams have they beat this year?

I don't like Mark May but I do agree with him that Kansas has beaten no one.

And don't give me Colorado at home. We all know we gave that game away. They beat a crappy ATM team 19-12! They needed a late touchdown to beat KSU that gave up 73 to the Cornhuskers.

I agree Mizzou will beat them.

It's not so much who they have beat (I know about that easy schedule)

They just Look to be on a Mission and seem to be Playing "Very Sound Football".- They don't seem to make Mistakes - And their stats seem to point this out as well...Boise State didn't play any great teams as I remember, though I believe we are a Much better team that last year's Fiesta team...And yes I rather play them than Play Missoz again...Just Sayin'

cb4ou
11/11/2007, 01:37 PM
Anyone can look on a misson playing a crappy schedule. Look how it caught up to Ohio State. Remember Mizzou beat Illinois.

They would not be 10-0 in the pac 10 or SEC.

I think all the attention they are getting is a Joke.

Case in point is the love Lou Holtz gives them

Enough Said

Blues1
11/11/2007, 01:50 PM
Anyone can look on a misson playing a crappy schedule. Look how it caught up to Ohio State. Remember Mizzou beat Illinois.

They would not be 10-0 in the pac 10 or SEC.

I think all the attention they are getting is a Joke.

Case in point is the love Lou Holtz gives them

Enough Said

Joke or No Joke - They are getting "The Attention" - Plus Lets face it - OU didn't play a bunch of heavy weights teams before the Big 12 season started.

If you go undefeated in the Big 12 (North Or South) you deserve "Some Attention" - We will all know much more after the Mizzou Game...

When I post I decide when I want to keep Posting or Not......:)
Keep Rockin'

cb4ou
11/11/2007, 01:53 PM
OU has beat Texas and Mizzou. I am not talking about non-conference.

It is a Joke. If its wasnt they would be ranked Number 1.