PDA

View Full Version : On My Way Home From The Game Last Nite

r5TPsooner
11/11/2007, 10:18 AM
My six year old daughter and I are cruising down 77 almost ready to be out of Norman onto I-35 northbound, after enjoying another Sooner victory when someone slams into my blue truck. (Ya know, the one that was parked in the VIP spot at the tailgate):D

Anyway, my daughter is in her car seat and asks if the truck got a "boo-boo?" After looking at the damage, I responded "yes, but everything is alright." Only then does she start to cry when she realizes the magnitude of the situation.
The guy that rear ended us wasn't paying attention and tried to veer right to miss us and ended up hitting another person as well. The guy was kinda old and his SUV was totaled. I can't believe that none of the three passengers in his vehicle weren't injured in some capacity.

My Nissan Titan sustained pretty bad damage on the passenger side and I'm looking at probably looking at between 3k-5k worth of damage, maybe more. This is my 2nd blue truck and my 2nd accident in a blue truck. Both trucks were owned less than a year and neither was my fault.

Looking on the bright side of things, I wanted my daughter to remember her 1st OU football game forever. Chances are, she just might.

Boomer Sooner

Soonrboy
11/11/2007, 10:32 AM
glad no one was hurt, but that does suck.

yermom
11/11/2007, 10:53 AM
that was the great thing about my yellow trucks. people saw me a mile away :D

glad you and your kid are ok

StoopTroup
11/11/2007, 11:20 AM
Sorry your Daughter had to go through that. Glad she's OK.

Glad your OK too.

Trucks come and go but the Cargo they carry is the most precious of all.